Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:41:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs $30k SC update  (Read 866 times)
tmtfirst (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:08:36 PM

Hi I contacted BFL about the SC rig delivery times and got a very vague response - can anyone / does anyone have a better differnt answer?

FROM BFL: we cannot disclose the number of orders, however there are a great many.  Shipping of the new units is still anticipated to begin in late October.  We are unable to predict accurate wait times, even estimates, until shipping begins.  This will be better addressed by our engineering teams once production gets underway.
Reminder, we are receiving large volumes of orders, so the earlier you make a purchase the sooner the items will ship. 

Huh?? how many is a great many?Huh?
Huh?? how many can they ship per day/ week / month?Huh

to calculate if its worth putting in an order now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timeshareafrica

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:25:46 PM

If it doesnt cost anything to put an order in, do it, the way they reply to you is pretty unprofessional so I wouldnt have much hope to get anything soon.
Better forget it.
purplesquid

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:31:25 PM

If it doesnt cost anything to put an order in, do it, the way they reply to you is pretty unprofessional so I wouldnt have much hope to get anything soon.
Better forget it.

Oh, it costs. It costs the full price, prepaid, up front for what is, at this point essentially vaporware.

FROM BFL: we cannot disclose the number of orders, however there are a great many.  Shipping of the new units is still anticipated to begin in late October.  We are unable to predict accurate wait times, even estimates, until shipping begins.  This will be better addressed by our engineering teams once production gets underway.
Reminder, we are receiving large volumes of orders, so the earlier you make a purchase the sooner the items will ship. 

Huh?? how many is a great many?Huh?
Huh?? how many can they ship per day/ week / month?Huh

to calculate if its worth putting in an order now?

They have received thousands of orders. Look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

ASICS have an advantage in being easy to reproduce once things get rolling. I would expect that once the ball is rolling, they will be able to pump quite a few units out per month. That being said, their email clearly states that production has not started yet. I feel like 2 months is very optimistic of them.
timeshareafrica

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 09:03:59 PM

Just wait for the fire to cool down, buying under pressure never worked for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: