Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flexible hosing from supply lines to shower / bath mixer ?  (Read 323 times)
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:12:24 AM

I know this can be a touchy subject based on access of the lines, but here goes...

Ok, so our bath / shower needed a new faucet set including mixer as the other one had severely restricted flow. Well I had to cut the supply lines above the shutoffs and didn't want to bother with brazing as I would probably mess it up bad. That being said, I used some shark bites and flex hose to attach the supply lines to the new mixer. Well it'h holding fine and doing it's job giving us a working bath again. Here's me query though, since the access panel to the back end of the "system" is behind a panel held to the wall with four screws and not obstructed in a closet behind boxes but instead seen from the hallway. Would you said it would be gtg since access to the plumbing is a non issue if you don't consider the removal of just four screws ?

I ask because I know people say to use solid piping if access is limited but since I can get to what I need to when I need to if I need to rather quickly would you say flex hose is ok to feed the new mixer ?

Ty.

Edit: To be clear, the flex hosing I am referring to are the flex faucet lines you might otherwise find under your sink attaching the main lines to your sink with the attached nuts.

This...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homewerks-Worldwide-1-2-in-IPS-x-1-2-in-IPS-x-12-in-Faucet-Supply-Line-Braided-Stainless-Steel-7223-12-12-1/203052717

To be decided...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: