Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to open a Bitcoin clothing shop; however, I need your help.  (Read 1503 times)
Anonymous

May 29, 2011, 03:26:01 AM

Here are some basic objectives my shop will meet:

- Offer a practical and contemporary line of clothing.

- Offer a subscription service that will deliver socks, undershirts etc. on a monthly basis.

- Become one of the highlights of the Bitcoin economy.

Before I begin though, I need to get some market research in.

A few questions: What kind of clothing would you imagine yourself buying with Bitcoin? What do you want in an clothing online store? Finally, what pieces and labels do you normally keep in your wardrobe?

General advice would be appreciated.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:29:32 AM

My suggestion would be to start with what you like, and then invite people to make requests. 

If you can make a success of it at least centered around  the clothing that you are passionate about, you're going to do a lot better than trying to be everything to everyone.  That doesn't mean you never sell anything that isn't your personal style, although that can work too if you have good taste.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:34:24 AM

- Offer a subscription service that will deliver socks, undershirts etc. on a monthly basis.

A few questions: What kind of clothing would you imagine yourself buying with Bitcoin? What do you want in an clothing online store? Finally, what pieces and labels do you normally keep in your wardrobe?

What "kind" of clothing,,, hmmm I'd buy some shirts, I've been meaning to buy a bitcoin shirt. Socks would be nice i lose those things all the time from the SOCK MONSTA!
Hmm I'd buy hoodies for sure!
Anonymous

May 29, 2011, 03:40:09 AM

What "kind" of clothing,,, hmmm I'd buy some shirts, I've been meaning to buy a bitcoin shirt. Socks would be nice i lose those things all the time from the SOCK MONSTA!
Hmm I'd buy hoodies for sure!
Well, I've never been into graphic tees, it's just against my principles. I will be willing to compromise but I will not go into the advertising biz, heh. I will certainly sell plain black and white T-shirts and hoodies. Socks will be covered from the get-go. 
frycicle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:12:00 AM

I need some white Hanes undershirts.

Buy Newegg Products with Bitcoin with 0% transaction fee! bitcoinredemption.com
kiba
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:21:10 AM

Why is the t-shirt market getting so crowded?

Anonymous

May 29, 2011, 04:31:07 AM

Why is the t-shirt market getting so crowded?
It's very easy to get into.
kiba
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:35:19 AM

It's very easy to get into.

And it's a competitive market as a result.

Anonymous

May 29, 2011, 04:41:55 AM

I'm not going to sell just t-shirts, mind you. I plan to offer dress shirts, jeans, sweaters and possibly suits.
Txyru

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 05:18:06 AM

Ill buy SuperDry stuff if you get it (and its not any more expensive then buying it from a local retailer)
Anonymous

May 29, 2011, 05:18:37 AM

(and its not any more expensive then buying it from a local retailer)
*takes note*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: