Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin still a slave of Fiat?  (Read 13922 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:56:45 AM

Its all because people are still using fiat money and they trust it. And we all know that many old man that don't know how to use computer so that they more likely to use fiat than bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:14:52 AM

well what would consider it to then?

a brick of gold? I would enjoy that over fiat instead, but I dont see anyone doing that lol. If this is possible, then please show me the way cause I`m well aware that the fiat we exchange from bitcoin is only a temporary solution for what its actually worth.

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:20:25 PM

At least in the country I live;

Because I can't pay any foodstuffs with it..

Because I still have my Job entire pay with Fiat.

Because when I ask anyone what Bitcoin is, they make this face  Huh

If Bitcoin will be mainstream someday, then still it is a little kid.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:09:05 AM

Bitcoin help us financially and its great help to student like me that can't have a job right now. And because of bitcoin its help me a lot with my study.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:44:23 PM

I completely agree with you.

Same is the case with my country nobody knows about bitcoin so how can I expect that I can buy my stuffs using bitcoins?? Still long way to go and bitcoin can never replace fiat as people have more faith in fiat as it is a traditional currency and people resist change.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:35:32 PM

As long as there are governments, there will be national fits. I can't imagine any realistic scenareo where Bitcoin could replace a national currency, unless the nation leaders accept it officially as the national currency. But I cannot imagine the govs doing it forced by how much people use it.
What I can see is Bitcoin being the main standard of value worldwide, deprecating gold.

I Agree and I don't think that government will accept bitcoin as a national currency as they view it as a threat for themselves and even the banking systems. So there is no doubt that government will accept it as a national currency bitcoin will be in demand if and only if the people start adopting it.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:41:38 PM

Bitcoin help us financially and its great help to student like me that can't have a job right now. And because of bitcoin its help me a lot with my study.

The day Government will start accepting the bitcoin as a currency fiat will loose its value buy its like day dreaming and cannot afford to trust the government and the reason is people should start accepting bitcoin as a currency that is more important for the bitcoin community.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:07:23 AM

The day Government will start accepting the bitcoin as a currency fiat will loose its value buy its like day dreaming and cannot afford to trust the government and the reason is people should start accepting bitcoin as a currency that is more important for the bitcoin community.
We should say starting to adopt or accept bitcoin as a payment because many people used it now. The only thing so that bitcoin was never acceptable to others is they don't know how they will use their coins or how it works.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:59:21 AM

Because when I ask anyone what Bitcoin is, they make this face  Huh

We should say starting to adopt or accept bitcoin as a payment because many people used it now. The only thing so that bitcoin was never acceptable to others is they don't know how they will use their coins or how it works.

If there are many people use it doesnt mean that you have to adopt or accept it, altough you adopt it but if there is none of any company using it, you just still using bitcoin as a method of trading not a payment method. What we need is more company accepting bitcoin so bitcoin price will sure to the moon. Btw there are many people that do know about bitcoin but never use it not because they dont know how it works but they wont believe it because of its volatile price and no one control it for sure just some people that have tons of bitcoin can control it
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:23:22 PM

Everyone is a slave of fiat as long as that person has to pay for things in fiat and has to get paid in fiat. This means you can actually live outside the system, if you get paid in Bitcoin, and pay everything in Bitcoin.
But of course, as we know, this is still a very tiny minority who can get away with it. All it takes is raising that %.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 05:20:02 PM

The main concern is the market cap. I mean you have fiat in every corner but you don't have a BTC store in the most of the country. So people have no choice but turning to fiat. Hope we can turn the table someday.

Dotakels

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:41:26 PM

Because when I ask anyone what Bitcoin is, they make this face  Huh

If there are many people use it doesnt mean that you have to adopt or accept it, altough you adopt it but if there is none of any company using it, you just still using bitcoin as a method of trading not a payment method. What we need is more company accepting bitcoin so bitcoin price will sure to the moon. Btw there are many people that do know about bitcoin but never use it not because they dont know how it works but they wont believe it because of its volatile price and no one control it for sure just some people that have tons of bitcoin can control it
If many people will use it and they used it everyday, company will also used bitcoin because they need to take it so that they can earn more because people will used bitcoin he will also used it to buy or to pay the other payments and also to invest.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:38:16 AM

IF btc becomes a reserve currency with the same status as.fiat currently does, it will take a LONG time. Revolutions don't happen.overnight.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:50:00 AM

IF btc becomes a reserve currency with the same status as.fiat currently does, it will take a LONG time. Revolutions don't happen.overnight.
It will not be a currency or as the same of fiat money because bitcoin is all about fiat money. If we replace or take over fiat money bitcoin will be useless.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:22:11 AM

It will not be a currency or as the same of fiat money because bitcoin is all about fiat money. If we replace or take over fiat money bitcoin will be useless.

not if it can detach itself, from that useless crap of printend money everyday, fiat is now needed to point a value for it, but in the future i'm sure bitcoin can work for itself, when the fully stability is achieved
TheGame

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

You just lost

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:30:00 AM

Bitcoin isn't going to become a reserve currency. Bitcoin will always be tied to fiat because it's pegged to it. It would need to break free of it but the only way I can see that happening is if major currencies collapse themselves and bitcoin becomes a dominant currency in its own right which I don't think will happen.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:25:04 PM

not if it can detach itself, from that useless crap of printend money everyday, fiat is now needed to point a value for it, but in the future i'm sure bitcoin can work for itself, when the fully stability is achieved

How are they gonna work it in the future? People sure need fiat altough bitcoin is in a stable condition, they need to buy it then convert it to bitcoin too so with the stability of bitcoin, fiat is still needed they can't be detach each other. New people will still need to buy it anyway and sure its hard for use to get it from faucets so bitcoin and fiat must stick together in other to survive
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:53:03 PM

How are they gonna work it in the future? People sure need fiat altough bitcoin is in a stable condition, they need to buy it then convert it to bitcoin too so with the stability of bitcoin, fiat is still needed they can't be detach each other. New people will still need to buy it anyway and sure its hard for use to get it from faucets so bitcoin and fiat must stick together in other to survive

i mean, it will work like any other currency, like you exchange euro with dollars if you need it, but then you don't need to buy back fiat, because bitcoin will be used directly for everything not just buying stuff online(we are talking about a very far away future, probably even beyond fully adoption), so fiat will only be needed to buy it
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:56:22 PM

i mean, it will work like any other currency, like you exchange euro with dollars if you need it, but then you don't need to buy back fiat, because bitcoin will be used directly for everything not just buying stuff online(we are talking about a very far away future, probably even beyond fully adoption), so fiat will only be needed to buy it

Exactly bitcoin can never replace fiat as even if you want to buy bitcoin you need to support from fiat to buy it and i dont think in coming future that bitcoin can ever replace fiat ya people will start using bitcoin as a mode of payment but it is really hard to believe that it can replace fiat currency.
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:05:30 PM

In 2,000 years from now will members of our species still use fiat? Obviously, you have to guess, but as we evolve I tend to think technology will become more and more prominent. I think bitcoin is a major breakthrough for money. It needs to be made more user friendly and scale to adequately service many more than the 7 billion of us that there are now, but that is a challenge I am confident our tech fanatics will complete at some point in time.

Of course there will still be rich and poor and conflicts will not become a thing of the past. I don't think a deflationary currency is going to solve that. But maybe it's like 2001: Space Odyssey and we are here as servants to technology.

Far out! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: