Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Play of the Century  (Read 1911 times)
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:45:53 AM

So, I'm thinking how can this sham economy keep trucking.

Then I opened up the 5 year dollar index. If this isn't a bubble I don't know what is!

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/index.html?s=NYBOT_DX&t=&a=&w=&v=dmax

What do you guys think the best bet against the dollar is if you don't want to do forex type stuff?

I see there is a triple short etf

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=udnt&fr=uh3_finance_web&uhb=uhb2

I'm wondering if it'd be a good play or not. Then I was talking to guys at work and they are like you are going to get payed back in dollars though lol.
I agree that the dollar is over-valued, but a triple short seems a bit drastic to me too!
Things are teetering at the moment, the US might feel obliged to raise interest rates, but I doubt they will be able to keep the rate up for long without suffering badly.

As soon as they raise the rates, I would short the dollar, it might well be that they bottle it and don't do it, but if they are stupid enough to, then pile in!

If they raise rates there should be an influx into the dollar, from emerging markets as their currencies collapse further and any corporations with borrowings in USD are hit further. I suppose the way I think of it is that the dollar, despite all of its problems, will be the last man standing. As the Fed is telegraphing a raise months in advance there might be a 'sell the news' reaction though.

If they raise, it will be deflationary for the US, poison for EM's. If this leads to a big correction, what are the odds on more QE and the collapse of the most important thing - confidence?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:36:20 AM

If they raise, it will be deflationary for the US, poison for EM's. If this leads to a big correction, what are the odds on more QE and the collapse of the most important thing - confidence?

You are absolutely right. there is no way out. If they raise rates and start contracting (like needs to happen badly) then they prick this false bubble they've inflated and we see a huge collapse. They should not have inflated the bubble in the first place though, that's the problem. Now it either pops or they keep blowing it bigger, but it has to pop eventually.

Another round of QE you are right would drop people's confidence, I don't see any way out. We have months, maybe a year or two, but it's gonna get bad and it's gonna be world wide. The dollar itself is going to collapse.

I think we are about to live through the greatest transfer of wealth and transformation of the world's economic system ever in the history of mankind and bitcoin is going to be a key player in the whole thing. Keep buying bitcoin and strap yourself in for a bumpy ride.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:08:32 AM

You are absolutely right. there is no way out. If they raise rates and start contracting (like needs to happen badly) then they prick this false bubble they've inflated and we see a huge collapse. They should not have inflated the bubble in the first place though, that's the problem. Now it either pops or they keep blowing it bigger, but it has to pop eventually.

Another round of QE you are right would drop people's confidence, I don't see any way out. We have months, maybe a year or two, but it's gonna get bad and it's gonna be world wide. The dollar itself is going to collapse.

I think we are about to live through the greatest transfer of wealth and transformation of the world's economic system ever in the history of mankind and bitcoin is going to be a key player in the whole thing. Keep buying bitcoin and strap yourself in for a bumpy ride.

And this is where the pump & dumpers and the clickbait articles may in fact have helped. If bitcoin becomes regarded as a crisis asset - outside the system & possibly replacing gold's for the internet generation - it may become a self fulfilling prophecy, begun by these groups insistence that is already performing this function.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:36:39 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 06:26:06 AM by greBit

It is only a matter of time before bitcoin and other crypto currencies are the main money used on the planet.

These banks are too smart when it comes to domination, in an event where dollar is about to die and the government isn't sure about it, they will introduce their own currency. Their own crypto-currency! And you think bitcoin will be able to compete with a crypto currency which is backed and supported by the government? What if they make it compulsory to not use any other crypto except their own?
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:49:58 AM

It is only a matter of time before bitcoin and other crypto currencies are the main money used on the planet.

These banks are too smart when it comes to domination, in an event where dollar is about to die and the government isn't sure about it, they will introduce their own currency. Their own crypto-currency! And you think bitcoin will be able to compete with a crypto currency which is backed and supported by the government? What if they make it compulsory to not use any other crypto except their own?

The government has already started working on that, US Government funded 3 Million for cryptocurrency research and stated their goal as to seek potentially new ways of developing and implementing cryptocurrency technology. On the other hand, there is news about government regulating cryptocurrency in terms to avoid money laundering. There have been strong rumors that even Canada is developing their own crypto
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: