Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLotto tickets AFTER June 1 are now 0.25 BTC per ticket!  (Read 1540 times)
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 02:22:20 PM

AFTER June 1 draw ALL tickets are now 0.25 BTC EACH!!
JUNE 1 DRAW IS STILL 1 BTC! Anyone who paid 1 BTC or accidentally pays 1 BTC for later draws for the next while will get refunded the difference. I tried avoiding it, but Bitcoin value is just crazy! (In a good way) I started this lottery expecting people to pay about 1 USD per ticket and in a very short time tickets were about 8 USD. Of course the winnings were worth more but at the expense of less players playing. Even with cheaper tickets BitLotto should be able to have a growing jackpot each month as more people are willing to play. Hopefully everyone is pleased with my choice. Thank you for understanding my need to change the price...

I've also added operation fabulous to my site for those who want to target the Bitcoin gambling demographic.

So far the June 1 jackpot is: 84 BTC or about 730 USD!!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ron

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:06:57 PM

Nice. Already got my tickets in for june 1st  Grin
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 06:11:36 PM

Nice. Already got my tickets in for june 1st  Grin
Good luck!!!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 07:00:54 PM

Thanks for doing this. I was planning on asking you to reduce the ticket price, but I couldn't figure out what to do about the tickets already purchased. That sounds like a fair solution.

bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 07:09:32 PM

Thanks for doing this. I was planning on asking you to reduce the ticket price, but I couldn't figure out what to do about the tickets already purchased. That sounds like a fair solution.
Thanks. I was worried people who already bought tickets would be upset. I just didn't expect such a rapid climb in BTC value!  Grin

TOR2WEB
Insuremeplz

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 09:47:34 PM

I can buy more than 1 ticket right? I bought one. But I need two chances, I'm unlucky. Cheesy
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 02:56:22 AM

I can buy more than 1 ticket right? I bought one. But I need two chances, I'm unlucky. Cheesy
Sure, you can get as many as you want. Gamble responsibly!  Wink Each ticket at the end has the same odds. It's just like a raffle. One random winner from all the tickets sold. 

TOR2WEB
ron

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:15:19 AM

It'll be interesting to see how much larger the pots when the prices go down.
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 03:31:46 AM

It'll be interesting to see how much larger the pots when the prices go down.
I don't think it will be much. (I hope I'm wrong) BUT, there will be more players so that's good long term for a slowly growing pot. I'm sure more are willing to play and gamble .25 BTC than 1 BTC. One new challenge is that I'm no longer listed on the main Trade wiki. All gambling sites are gone. I'm not sure how much that will effect BitLotto.

This month though, I'm sure I'll hit over 100 BTC and that's pretty good considering how much they are worth.

TOR2WEB
Wes1180

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 11:14:50 PM

I sent 0.25, so does that mean that after june 1st I have a ticket for the next drawing?

Just to be sure
DareC

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:47:32 AM

I sent 0.25, so does that mean that after june 1st I have a ticket for the next drawing?

I'm not associated with bitlotto but might as well answer this...

Each month's draw has a different address to send to. I hope you sent to a later one, not the June one.

IMPORTANT NOTES
In case you didn't read the sidebar on the bitlotto site, I'll reiterate some important points here:

• Don't send your payment from an e-wallet like MyBitcoin or MtGox. Send it from your computer and back-up your wallet (which you should be doing anyway)
  • To buy multiple tickets, send multiple separate payments.

Sorry to be verbose, but I don't want people to lose BTC by missing the instructions on the site. Again, I'm not affiliated with them.
Wes1180

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:01:25 AM

Ahh crap... looks like I sent it a little too soon (and to the wrong adress)
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 02:31:42 AM

Ya, got to read those instructions a little more carefully!  Wink Since the change in price was my doing without too much notice I'm going to refund your money as I feel a little responsible. Hopefully at least you sent it from Bitcoin and not a shared wallet so I can just send it back. I'll do it in a bit. Just make sure that like the other person said each draw has a different address and the June 1 draw is 1 BTC the later ones .25 BTC.

TOR2WEB
Wes1180

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:47:18 AM

Ya, got to read those instructions a little more carefully!  Wink Since the change in price was my doing without too much notice I'm going to refund your money as I feel a little responsible. Hopefully at least you sent it from Bitcoin and not a shared wallet so I can just send it back. I'll do it in a bit. Just make sure that like the other person said each draw has a different address and the June 1 draw is 1 BTC the later ones .25 BTC.

Thanks very much, I used my own bitcoin address not a shared wallet.
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 02:55:05 AM

Thanks very much, I used my own bitcoin address not a shared wallet.
You should see the .25 anytime now...

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 12:11:05 PM

IMPORTANT NOTES
In case you didn't read the sidebar on the bitlotto site, I'll reiterate some important points here:

• Don't send your payment from an e-wallet like MyBitcoin or MtGox. Send it from your computer and back-up your wallet (which you should be doing anyway)
  • To buy multiple tickets, send multiple separate payments.

Sorry to be verbose, but I don't want people to lose BTC by missing the instructions on the site. Again, I'm not affiliated with them.
Thanks by the way. I really appreciate you helping others as I don't want anyone having a bad experience playing BitLotto and you help with that. Thank you.

TOR2WEB
Wes1180

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:16:03 PM

Yeah I got it, sorry for taking so long to respond, its just that I was tired, due to the fact it was nearly 4am here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: