Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:39:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EDU] Faucet risks  (Read 67397 times)
shahab

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 11:10:06 AM

Hello guys
i have a question and sorry if there isn't right place!

is this a bot with same browser ?!

http://www.mitraassist.ir/dl/147290128153860.png

thanks for reply

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trannamtan

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:18:19 AM

hi all ,
there are so many scams faucet does not pay !
  Payment limit is high  Huh Huh Huh
and also the faucets help you earn more money
through referral  Cool Cool Cool
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:03:20 PM

I was just answering another thread about scamming through a faucet, well, kinda.  It is not something that I see making enough quick cash to really use as a scam.  The best money is through referrals and that is pretty low.  The only true scam I came up with was to feed your own addresses in.  This would actually be a bitch if using some micro payment site like faucetbox.

This is the only way I see to scam, making enough money to make it worth it.

1. Generate a bunch of addresses for your wallet and load them in a file.

2. Find another sites faucet and load that faucet within your own site.  Something like an iFrame, but with a little more scripted flare.

3. This is the fun part.  You would literally need your own micro payment script, like faucetbox and then have to CSS it just like theirs, a nearly complete clone or you would have to capture and parse the faucetbox data as it is accessed and alter the data and redisplay.

4. So, when I hit your faucet, enter my address, then an address from the scammers list is substituted.  The third party faucet pays my address and if someone hits the faucetbox link, then the scammer has to show the cloned version of faucetbox, with the users address or grab faucetbox and replace the address shown there, but with real data from the address from the scammer. 

This is still action packed with issues, but is the only true way to make the kind of money that a scammer is looking for, as I see it.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 04:59:03 PM

snip
No, it's a lot simpler than that. You can just make a faucet with a threshold, then just have it never pay out. You profit from advertising and give the user nothing in return.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:07:14 PM

snip
No, it's a lot simpler than that. You can just make a faucet with a threshold, then just have it never pay out. You profit from advertising and give the user nothing in return.

I mean, you are right, what I am saying is that these methods do not seem to meet the requirements of payouts that I see a lot of scams desire.  That method pretty much generates the normal level of revenue that a faucet would bring.  And that is pretty low.  You still are only getting the ad revenue, and you have cut out the expense of paying people, but most scams are looking for something in the 1 BTC per week level or more and then bail.  Think about the Ponzi doublers that can take down 1-10 BTC in less than a day or two.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 11:14:51 PM

I mean, you are right, what I am saying is that these methods do not seem to meet the requirements of payouts that I see a lot of scams desire.  That method pretty much generates the normal level of revenue that a faucet would bring.  And that is pretty low.  You still are only getting the ad revenue, and you have cut out the expense of paying people, but most scams are looking for something in the 1 BTC per week level or more and then bail.  Think about the Ponzi doublers that can take down 1-10 BTC in less than a day or two.
The point would be that you didn't pay people, so there would be no expense there. While I do agree that doing that wouldn't bring much revenue, trying to scam through any sort of faucet would give very low returns unless it was already established. I don't believe anyone would go to such lengths to try and make money from a scam faucet, since there are much profitable ways of stealing.
jackchun

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 10:52:51 AM

Thanks for the idea! I think I should use facuetbox to carry the bitcoin earning to a larger amount and cash out to my wallet to lower the proportion of the processing fees!

Bitcoingiver

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Get paid $500 to $1500+ per week

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:55:18 AM

Faucets are a very good way to earn money online and Bitcoin precisely, but for that to be achieved you need to use invest money, your time and your knowledge.

The best sports prediction app. King  Sports Tips. http://bit.ly/2TXg9JY
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 05:29:22 PM

Faucets are a very good way to earn money online and Bitcoin precisely, but for that to be achieved you need to use invest money, your time and your knowledge.

Not necessarily true... In my prime of referring and promoting paying faucets, I was bringing in close to 0.5BTC per month from referrals. It's not easy work, and does take a lot of time and dedication, but it's definitely possible to earn Bitcoin without having to invest real money. Time and knowledge, yes, but it's not easy for everyone to do what I've done with the referrals.

anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:43:03 AM

Faucet only good if you are using free internet and power and computer.
I'm paying $10 dollars a month for my internet now just going to faucets would earn me $20 a month if I put all my time for them.
So $10 dollars a month without power bill hardware usage and most important thing my time, how could it even be considered by anyone?
Just put $100 dollars in best cloud mining site(one that is not scam) and you can earn those faucets earnings without all the work and clicks and stuff. I strongly recommend everyone just take a moment and think about it before filling faucet admins pockets.

Of course if by any chance any faucet gives 5000 satoshi every 10 minutes and lets you withdraw when reaching 20,000 satoshi, tell me.
Otherwise they just make you go and click and when their site achieve a certain rank and traffic in short amount of time, google pays them.
So what they do is to repeat the process over and over making lots of money and either give 10% of that money to users(the ones doing the work) and keep 90% for themselves or just not paying at all what so ever.
When ever you found any faucet to give 90% of income to users, let me know. yes 90% because admin is doing nothing and over time numbers of users would grow high enough to make every one happy. but no people are greedy or just plain thieves and scammers.
Every one is looking for a way to fu** others by any means.

I agree with you. All faucets are created to take advantage of new people in the crypto currency world. This is especially true in the case of bitcoin faucets. Nobody can make money with it other than the admin and perhaps the users with large number of referrers.

People always tried to take advantage of other people who are not well informed. If you look at the way businesses all around the world is working, you will find the same issue. It's all about the money...

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:04:23 PM

I'm paying $10 dollars a month for my internet now just going to faucets would earn me $20 a month if I put all my time for them.
So $10 dollars a month without power bill hardware usage and most important thing my time, how could it even be considered by anyone?
Just put $100 dollars in best cloud mining site(one that is not scam) and you can earn those faucets earnings without all the work and clicks and stuff. I strongly recommend everyone just take a moment and think about it before filling faucet admins pockets.

Of course if by any chance any faucet gives 5000 satoshi every 10 minutes and lets you withdraw when reaching 20,000 satoshi, tell me.
Otherwise they just make you go and click and when their site achieve a certain rank and traffic in short amount of time, google pays them.
So what they do is to repeat the process over and over making lots of money and either give 10% of that money to users(the ones doing the work) and keep 90% for themselves or just not paying at all what so ever.
When ever you found any faucet to give 90% of income to users, let me know. yes 90% because admin is doing nothing and over time numbers of users would grow high enough to make every one happy. but no people are greedy or just plain thieves and scammers.

I agree with you. All faucets are created to take advantage of new people in the crypto currency world. This is especially true in the case of bitcoin faucets. Nobody can make money with it other than the admin and perhaps the users with large number of referrers.

People always tried to take advantage of other people who are not well informed. If you look at the way businesses all around the world is working, you will find the same issue. It's all about the money...

Take advantage of new people in the Crypto-Currency world? Lol, there is no lies and illusions on faucets. You know exactly the amount you are claiming, nobody promises a fortune, it's a "Micro Earning" possibility. The payments are done instantly (in most cases).

Now it's harder to make profit, but some time ago it was very possible. People could make 0.002 BTC easily every day without any referral. Much better than any PTC site we see paying $0.001 per view. Faucet helped a lot in the beginning of BTCs and still help who uses it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:01:41 PM

Faucets are created to introduce people to bitcoin, and later they become real business, where faucets users solve captchas and click on ads for money, faucet owners get money from ad networks because of those clicks,ad networks get money from people who are advertising there, and advertisers get money, well, from faucet users because they found something interesting to buy Grin
To be honest with you, 7-8 months ago you could make some fine extra cash with faucets, but these days its just impossible.
Qwiner

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:01:02 PM

Yes, so the best way to go when using faucets is to stay away from faucets that do not paid immediately, I think they are obviously scams after years of using faucets. The exception are those one that have existed for a very long time i.e. moonbit and freebit.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

Yes, so the best way to go when using faucets is to stay away from faucets that do not paid immediately, I think they are obviously scams after years of using faucets. The exception are those one that have existed for a very long time i.e. moonbit and freebit.

I pay direct with a minimum payout 10000 satoshi for already over 1 year and it is not a scam...if it were...we would know...(lol)

european_guy

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:19:51 AM

Don't be too scared of high fees for dusty inputs.

I got this rather big transaction through yesterday in less than 17 hours for only 5000 satoshi.
That's 2257 bytes with a fee of only 2.215 sat/Byte (= next to nothing):

https://blockchain.info/de/tx/8b86a48f0b1f504004a3ff5eec6a3f7be98548e048f5db1a26c5d33367ac257d

Nevertheless, from now on I aim to get payouts from faucets for amounts of at least 100,000 satoshi.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:50:44 AM

Don't be too scared of high fees for dusty inputs.

I got this rather big transaction through yesterday in less than 17 hours for only 5000 satoshi.
That's 2257 bytes with a fee of only 2.215 sat/Byte (= next to nothing):

https://blockchain.info/de/tx/8b86a48f0b1f504004a3ff5eec6a3f7be98548e048f5db1a26c5d33367ac257d

Nevertheless, from now on I aim to get payouts from faucets for amounts of at least 100,000 satoshi.
or use viabtc, pay 10K fee and wait even less...
Dog2puppy

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:50:58 PM

What about paid link shorteners (BTC.ms or coin.mg for example)? Would those be conidered referal spam?
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:05:19 AM

What about paid link shorteners (BTC.ms or coin.mg for example)? Would those be conidered referal spam?
See rule number 5:
"No link shortners that requires users to view an ad."
ybsok

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:16:52 AM

Turns out the faucet still has so much attention, it is worth studying
phieudu0408

Activity: 56

View Profile