Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 05:23:31 PM

The primary target of the first bus-stop campaign is to create awareness of the brand Auroracoin. The more info on that poster, the more distraction people get from the brand itself. So the first run will be just the logo and the name (perhaps a small www.auroracoin.is in the bottom right corner).

After the first campaign there will follow a lot of media attention on the release of the exchange. During that campaign we will start another run with the slogan that will be something similar to "Empowering Financial Freedom". There will perhaps also be a QR code on it that links to our site.

These posters are there to envision the brand and to support other media campaigns, they are not there to sell the whole story in one single blow.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:40:11 PM

The primary target of the first bus-stop campaign is to create awareness of the brand Auroracoin. The more info on that poster, the more distraction people get from the brand itself. So the first run will be just the logo and the name (perhaps a small www.auroracoin.is in the bottom right corner).

After the first campaign there will follow a lot of media attention on the release of the exchange. During that campaign we will start another run with the slogan that will be something similar to "Empowering Financial Freedom". There will perhaps also be a QR code on it that links to our site.

These posters are there to envision the brand and to support other media campaigns, they are not there to sell the whole story in one single blow.

who will be employed to design and print and distribute these posters and will they accept auroracoin for the job?
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 05:44:13 PM

who will be employed to design and print and distribute these posters and will they accept auroracoin for the job?

The only way to distribute such a large campaign is through the official media company that runs the bus-terminals. So they take care of everything and no, I doubt they will accept AUR already. I guess they probably will next year ;-)

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 05:46:14 PM

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:46:36 PM

How about a slogan like: "Escape the bank, be your own bank"

Seeing as Icelanders have it out for the bankers.

For some reason, "Empowering financial freedom" comes to mind Wink

-Fuse

"A new kind of money" ?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:47:24 PM

Wow great work guys, really impressive.

Love the idea of bustop advertising.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:13:30 PM

This is where local knowledge and understanding of the marketing plan can come into play.

Awesome work going on!
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:37:52 PM

I want a polo and other clothes with AUR colors/logo on !

And I want a poster for my office too.

apcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:53:52 PM

No one is telling anyone here to back off. We just like you guys to respect the fact that all members of our team share the same clear vision as to why we dedicate our time and efforts to this project.

I can understand perfectly well there are some of you that are here for speculation and profit. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you can also understand that the foundation under your future profits lies not in hypes and pumps, but rather in real development of a strong user base in Iceland. So perhaps I can ask you kindly once more to have speculation discussions in the post Molecular was so kind to setup? You can find it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067036.0

We as a team have chosen to invest in the long term. That means we are going to build on real acceptance of Auroracoin in Iceland. For this we have been building a strong foundation. This exists not only of the new multi-algo code, but also in the AUR-ISK exchange we have build (beta.ix.is).

Currently we are working on a detailed marketing plan that involves real commercials in Iceland. We are (rather soon) going to start a campaign with huge posters in all 100 bus terminals around Reykjavik, which will look like this:

The terminals have over 5 million driveby's a week! This means that in one week most people have become familiar with our logo and name. It also makes Auroracoin something that is real. Once we start unfolding our releases to the press people in Iceland are going to say "Hey, I saw that at the busstop before" Rather then "Hmmm, some internet thing from a couple of nerds".

The board members of the foundation are visiting our Dutch team on the 24th - 27th of march to work dedicated on future marketing plans. We expect a lot of local media coverage and are especially excited to announce the launch of the ISX exchange. This will be the first time since the currency controls came in effect that people of Iceland have direct access to a cryptocurrency with ISK.

And there is one very big thing in the making that will probably get over 100K Icelanders actively using AUR within this year. All of this from within Iceland and together with businesses that have chosen to partner up with us!

I would suggest we ''rework'' the design a bit, but anyway I do like the idea a lot.  So few days before to open the exchange and few before the press release in and out iceland - this will attract people curiosity - and encourage convos about AUR.  April 27-28 ?  My understanding is there was not many avalaible week.

Just chiming in to say that I love the idea of the bus stop advertising.

With people waiting around for their ride, looking up AUR would almost be second nature.

The straightforward simplicity of the design is nice, which will give drivers on the roads, and those from a distance, some image impact also.

I understand that this is a "rough", and believe that since this is local and focused, those involved will know what works best, but wanted to point out that some kind of blurb that explains really quickly what AUR is could be a good idea to include, such as "Currency Empowering Financial Freedom", along with some finer print (for those up close) explaining how this will benefit the user, and of course a QR code, linking to an appropriate website.

Excited to see what is happening!

The bus stop campaign is designed to get ppl reminded of auroracoin again for what is to come. Thanks for your suggestion on the posters, we will defiantly add a QR code to lead ppl down the rabbit hole.

For those curious of why a bus stop campaign check out this map of the bus routes in Reykjavik here is a map over all routes http://www.straeto.is/media/leidarkerfi/kort/HEILDARKORT-2016.pdf

As you can see Reykjavik is not a very big place and we will cover most routes with posters at 100 stops, getting the attention from drivers and bus passengers.
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:56:27 PM

just spoke to the gulden community.

they're not to pleased with ltex, fuse and bio mike.

Whats up that? is gulden coin a back up plan for aurora?

apparently you guys are still big holders of this crypto-coin?

That discussion has nothing to do with Auroracoin so I would like to ask you guys to please respect that and discuss that elsewhere.
Skarfur

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:05:03 PM

We are first now starting to really go forward with promoting Auroracoin in Iceland. The reason we haven't been pushing the project much here is we wanted to have a solid base first and eliminate as many uncertainties as we possibly could before we started to introduce the project to others here in Iceland. The reason why is simple, Iceland is quite small and getting major attention is relatively easy if you know what to do. So we did not want to go forward and get the nation's attention just to blow that opportunity on bad media because we weren't ready.

Some of the things that we knew had to be in place before we could really move forward were things like the premine burn, ISK / AUR exchange, Legally established entity in Iceland to represent Auroracoin (Auraráð - Icelandic Auroracoin Foundation) and more secure and stable blockchain. This we have done along with many other things that have to be in place.

Now when we have these things in place and we have a solid group of like minded people who are in this project for the long term, we are ready to start promoting Auroracoin in Iceland. This will be a long and difficult uphill battle that will be serious hard work. This is why we are planning to try and get as much initial attention as we can and make the nation Auroracoin aware.

This is where the idea for the bus stop advertisements comes in. For some of you this might sound strange but the fact is that here in Reykjavík we don't have much tradition for posters and billboards to be spread all over the place. Surely we have but it's just not that much. If you were to count the advertising posts and billboards in Reykjavík you would without a doubt see that the bus stop hangers would be the majority. That is why we are thinking to have a 100 bus hanger campaign in Reykjavík for one week that leads up to us opening the ISX exchange. And at that time we will use all our little tentacles to pull all the strings we possibly can with everyone we know to get as much media coverage as we possibly can. Though nothing is guaranteed we like to hope that the first cryptocurrency exchange in Iceland would get some media coverage.

So the idea here with the bus stop ads is to try and have them as simple as possible. Just huge white poster with just the Auroracoin logo and name (Nothing has been decided regarding this so I'm just pitching my idea personal of the posters) and nothing else (maybe a simple phrase and a QR in the corner). The reason I would not like to have anything else is that this will get attention. Beside all the people who will see this because they are taking a bus from that hanger or sitting in a bus that stops at the hanger then there are over 6million car drive by for these 100 hangers in this week. People will see this huge white poster that completely separates itself from everything else in the environment when they drive past it and it will burn into their subconscious. People who notice this will be curious because they don't see anything more there, they will want to know more. I don't really think you need to tell anyone here that he needs to go to auroracoin.is to know more about Auroracoin, that is pretty much a given. So bottom line we are not parading anything nor would it be a propaganda in any way. Just simply making people aware and curious for the real exposure we want to get when we take the Exchange live.

For those that are interested, here are more detailed information about the routes being offered with traffic numbers.

Route A http://www.afa.is/index.php?option=com_a-adallisti&Itemid=49#6
Route B http://www.afa.is/index.php?option=com_a-adallisti&Itemid=49#7
Route C http://www.afa.is/index.php?option=com_a-adallisti&Itemid=49#8
Route D http://www.afa.is/index.php?option=com_a-adallisti&Itemid=49#9
soltantgris

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:51:18 PM

To pay for such project - M1 fund will be perfect. But I would prefer the AUR used to stay in Iceland. What about starting to sell some to the beta tester of the ISX ? My understanding is there is very little sell offer - so it would give some of them a good way to enter the show, would put Aur in icelandic hands. 

I know there is other plans (that are very good!) - but I would give icelanders some prime right to buy first.

M2C
adamastor

Activity: 403

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:33:14 AM

We are first now starting to really go forward with promoting Auroracoin in Iceland. The reason we haven't been pushing the project much here is we wanted to have a solid base first and eliminate as many uncertainties as we possibly could before we started to introduce the project to others here in Iceland. The reason why is simple, Iceland is quite small and getting major attention is relatively easy if you know what to do. So we did not want to go forward and get the nation's attention just to blow that opportunity on bad media because we weren't ready.

Some of the things that we knew had to be in place before we could really move forward were things like the premine burn, ISK / AUR exchange, Legally established entity in Iceland to represent Auroracoin (Auraráð - Icelandic Auroracoin Foundation) and more secure and stable blockchain. This we have done along with many other things that have to be in place.

Now when we have these things in place and we have a solid group of like minded people who are in this project for the long term, we are ready to start promoting Auroracoin in Iceland. This will be a long and difficult uphill battle that will be serious hard work. This is why we are planning to try and get as much initial attention as we can and make the nation Auroracoin aware.

This is where the idea for the bus stop advertisements comes in. For some of you this might sound strange but the fact is that here in Reykjavík we don't have much tradition for posters and billboards to be spread all over the place. Surely we have but it's just not that much. If you were to count the advertising posts and billboards in Reykjavík you would without a doubt see that the bus stop hangers would be the majority. That is why we are thinking to have a 100 bus hanger campaign in Reykjavík for one week that leads up to us opening the ISX exchange. And at that time we will use all our little tentacles to pull all the strings we possibly can with everyone we know to get as much media coverage as we possibly can. Though nothing is guaranteed we like to hope that the first cryptocurrency exchange in Iceland would get some media coverage.

So the idea here with the bus stop ads is to try and have them as simple as possible. Just huge white poster with just the Auroracoin logo and name (Nothing has been decided regarding this so I'm just pitching my idea personal of the posters) and nothing else (maybe a simple phrase and a QR in the corner). The reason I would not like to have anything else is that this will get attention. Beside all the people who will see this because they are taking a bus from that hanger or sitting in a bus that stops at the hanger then there are over 6million car drive by for these 100 hangers in this week. People will see this huge white poster that completely separates itself from everything else in the environment when they drive past it and it will burn into their subconscious. People who notice this will be curious because they don't see anything more there, they will want to know more. I don't really think you need to tell anyone here that he needs to go to auroracoin.is to know more about Auroracoin, that is pretty much a given. So bottom line we are not parading anything nor would it be a propaganda in any way. Just simply making people aware and curious for the real exposure we want to get when we take the Exchange live.

For those that are interested, here are more detailed information about the routes being offered with traffic numbers.

im an optomist and believe this will have an impact but the campaign will only last one week. After that week people might land up at the exchange and might or might not buy some coins.

this method is expensive and short lived. In my personal experience, the cheapest most sustainable way to market is to keep an open discussion going with the people of iceland and this is best done on facebook.

I do believe that any other info you put on the poster should lead straight to a facebook page and not the website so that people like soltangris can keep them engaged and try and hook them in or "seal the deal" or "close".

I can get my facebook guy to be on standby to respond to facebook queries in real time.
Whistleblowa

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:42:18 AM

im an optomist and believe this will have an impact but the campaign will only last one week. After that week people might land up at the exchange and might or might not buy some coins.

this method is expensive and short lived. In my personal experience, the cheapest most sustainable way to market is to keep an open discussion going with the people of iceland and this is best done on facebook.

I do believe that any other info you put on the poster should lead straight to a facebook page and not the website so that people like soltangris can keep them engaged and try and hook them in or "seal the deal" or "close".

I can get my facebook guy to be on standby to respond to facebook queries in real time.

I can also help with a facebook campaign. All I will need is 50 000 AUR to distribute to people in Iceland for those few people who missed out on the first airdrop. The only concern I have is that with the 30 000 people that received free coins from the first 5 million premine airdrop that it didn't have a big impact on the price. Well the price did skyrocket but I think most Icelanders dumped out to get into fiat and left a few bagholders.

I assume most people in Iceland know about AUR from the first airdrops and major media coverage and nothing happened, what will be the difference this time?
Skarfur

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:47:20 AM

I can also help with a facebook campaign. All I will need is 50 000 AUR to distribute to people in Iceland for those few people who missed out on the first airdrop. The only concern I have is that with the 30 000 people that received free coins from the first 5 million premine airdrop that it didn't have a big impact on the price. Well the price did skyrocket but I think most Icelanders dumped out to get into fiat and left a few bagholders.

I assume most people in Iceland know about AUR from the first airdrops and major media coverage and nothing happened, what will be the difference this time?

Well for one you don't have a single individual that is hidden from the public holding half of all the coins to be issued. And you have a team of people in Iceland who have formed a foundation that will have constant promotion, education and is there to answer for Auroracoin. The developers behind the coin are known by name and have nothing to hide. There will be mobile and web wallets in place along with some merchant tools and most importantly we will have an AUR / ISK exchange which anyone can see is an vital part of a cryptocurrency ecosystem.

So yeah, I think it will be different this time. Do I think it will happen over a night? no.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:09:28 AM

I almost fell off my chair when I read this. Are people really this naive, the real figure is not even close to 200.

soltantgris

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:17:06 AM

Anyone with photoshop/graphic work skills and wanting to participated to the Auroracoin scene, please PM me. I have some challenges for creativity!
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 12:26:02 PM

I almost fell off my chair when I read this. Are people really this naive, the real figure is not even close to 200.

Well if there are only 200 who got the coins then I personally know at least 150 of them!

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
soltantgris

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:53:58 PM

Have a look of what is flying on top of the Aurarad office !

https://www.facebook.com/auroracoins/posts/1721151898132087?notif_t=like
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:57:49 PM

Have a look of what is flying on top of the Aurarad office !

https://www.facebook.com/auroracoins/posts/1721151898132087?notif_t=like

COOOL!

Just one question: is that considered "nice weather" in Iceland? Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: