Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:57:37 PM

I like how diverse everybody's opinions about the brexit are.

I will give my own another time, right now I'm too occupied with coding.  Cool

Coding what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:36:48 PM

I like how diverse everybody's opinions about the brexit are.

I will give my own another time, right now I'm too occupied with coding.  Cool

Coding what?

based on priority and depending on breakthroughs as they happen (or not):

1) new wallets (core)
2) servicenodes
3) openCL, CUDA miner

I'm fluctuating between those 3.

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:35:16 PM

I played around with my new desktop and it looks like it has the GPU integrated into the motherboard - it's an 8 y/o computer. I don't know if I can just strap on a new GPU after adding in a solid state drive. It doesn't look like there's anyway to connect it. I could be wrong, but I think it might be easier, albeit more expensive to get a motherboard, ram, a PSU, etc etc and just set up a my first little GPU rig. I'm sure I can get some used parts that will work just fine and keep my costs down.

Sirazimuth, how much does your power usage typically cost you to run the 2 750s?

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:57:30 PM

I know we will probably cross this bridge when we get to it, but how will the data from smart contracts and Bitcoin be analyzed? Will the algorithms be programmed into the Service Node code? Will people be able to develop their own data analysis algorithms and implement them? What about the visualization of data?

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 11:50:28 PM

I know we will probably cross this bridge when we get to it, but how will the data from smart contracts and Bitcoin be analyzed? Will the algorithms be programmed into the Service Node code? Will people be able to develop their own data analysis algorithms and implement them? What about the visualization of data?

All good questions.

First we need the raw data (which is just altcoin blockchain data and altcoin peerdata in the first step), and a basic rewarding scheme for the servicenodes.

Once that is working, we can start contemplating about additional streams of data we want to tap into (network streams? why do we need them? The data will be insanely gigantic. What do we do with it? Check for blockchain anomalies? keeping track of temporary forks? recognizing double spend attempts? etc etc)

Whatever we do needs to be cryptographically secured (so that people trust the consistency and validity of this servicenode data), or else what's the point. But that's what makes it hard.

For the future I was thinking about some sort of node-based-programming interface within the wallet, which will give people freedom to construct and order their specific "analysis code" they want to run on the servicenode network. (depending on the complexity this will require the payment of a fee)

What would customers want to do with it?

It could serve as an Alert-Service (servicenodes watch out for some specific event and alert you when it's happening)
or a Historical-Data-Service (give back the last 10 weeks of network stream data in compressed format, etc..)

... or other services.

Too early to tell, but that's the general direction I want to go with it.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 11:53:13 PM

What about the visualization of data?

I think visualizations are the easiest part to achieve, they are my specialty after all.

So you can expect a certain amount of visualization capabilites to come with the spreadcoin-wallet.

But the raw data will always be available and people can do whatever they want with it.

People might come up with visualization techniques we can't even think of, so it's important to let them play with the data themselves.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:38:01 AM

I played around with my new desktop and it looks like it has the GPU integrated into the motherboard - it's an 8 y/o computer. I don't know if I can just strap on a new GPU after adding in a solid state drive. It doesn't look like there's anyway to connect it. I could be wrong, but I think it might be easier, albeit more expensive to get a motherboard, ram, a PSU, etc etc and just set up a my first little GPU rig. I'm sure I can get some used parts that will work just fine and keep my costs down.

Sirazimuth, how much does your power usage typically cost you to run the 2 750s?

the 750ti's are pretty efficient for the hash rate they generate.
i believe they consume around 40 watts .i get around 1400 khash rate with the default Spreadminer. (you get more if yu tweak/overclock but i dont bother these days)
I pay 10cents/kwh so doing the math its around 9.6 cents a day per card.
each card hits average 5 blocks a day (varies with luck and net hashrate but over long haul thats been my average for 1400kh)
when spread was around 10k sat back when i started 6 months ago i was doing quite well.
now at 4.2k sat...not so much .
but its all good fun.its my virtual penny jar and makes a little bell ring when i hit a block and i get a warm fuzzy, lol.
good luck and may the mining force be with you Smiley

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:24:40 PM

i believe they consume around 40 watts .i get around 1400 khash rate with the default Spreadminer. (you get more if yu tweak/overclock but i dont bother these days)
each card hits average 5 blocks a day (varies with luck and net hashrate but over long haul thats been my average for 1400kh)
when spread was around 10k sat back when i started 6 months ago i was doing quite well.
but its all good fun.its my virtual penny jar and makes a little bell ring when i hit a block and i get a warm fuzzy, lol.

I have to the conclusion that you, sir, are an extremely good egg.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:03:32 AM

I have to the conclusion that you, sir, are an extremely good egg.

thank you kindly my friend.
and the day that my wife pays me that same simple but effective compliment, I'll be six feet under...

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:29:20 AM

All good questions.

First we need the raw data (which is just altcoin blockchain data and altcoin peerdata in the first step), and a basic rewarding scheme for the servicenodes.

Once that is working, we can start contemplating about additional streams of data we want to tap into (network streams? why do we need them? The data will be insanely gigantic. What do we do with it? Check for blockchain anomalies? keeping track of temporary forks? recognizing double spend attempts? etc etc)

Whatever we do needs to be cryptographically secured (so that people trust the consistency and validity of this servicenode data), or else what's the point. But that's what makes it hard.

For the future I was thinking about some sort of node-based-programming interface within the wallet, which will give people freedom to construct and order their specific "analysis code" they want to run on the servicenode network. (depending on the complexity this will require the payment of a fee)

What would customers want to do with it?

It could serve as an Alert-Service (servicenodes watch out for some specific event and alert you when it's happening)
or a Historical-Data-Service (give back the last 10 weeks of network stream data in compressed format, etc..)

... or other services.

Too early to tell, but that's the general direction I want to go with it.

Cool, nice and detailed. Coming up with uses will likely become more clear once we actually have the data, I'm sure. Playing around with it will lend some useful insights. What programming languages will one need to know to run in-node analyses?

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:36:58 AM

Oh, thanks! So, I can expect about 50 SPR per day w/ two cards - I need to figure out how much I spend on electricity - I just wanted a ball park idea. The main reason I want to get a mining rig going is because I want to be able to vote for the SN reward when they come out. I can start small to learn the process and go from there. The extra few SPR won't hurt either.

The real question now I guess, is how do I set up the nice dinging noise? lol. Maybe I can make my computer relay "You've got Spreadcoin" whenever I hit a block lol. Or I could get it to say "Soon" or "Stay Tuned" if I go a few blocks without hitting one!  Grin

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:26:01 PM

∆ that's really funny.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:17:56 AM

Oh, thanks! So, I can expect about 50 SPR per day w/ two cards - I need to figure out how much I spend on electricity - I just wanted a ball park idea. The main reason I want to get a mining rig going is because I want to be able to vote for the SN reward when they come out. I can start small to learn the process and go from there. The extra few SPR won't hurt either.

The real question now I guess, is how do I set up the nice dinging noise? lol. Maybe I can make my computer relay "You've got Spreadcoin" whenever I hit a block lol. Or I could get it to say "Soon" or "Stay Tuned" if I go a few blocks without hitting one!  Grin

the ding is just the default sound win 10 makes when that little window thingy in bottom right corner pops up with a message. im sure you can change it in the control panel sound notification settings somewhere.
aamof i did just that many years ago on my win 95 pc. i recorded all these silly wav files and set them as default for various file actions and such. yeah, i was a bored pc geek with too much time on my hands, lol

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:22:19 AM

Nice to see more and more activity here along with the hash rate growing to help decentralize the network with many miners. I am dedicating a 6 card 750 ti rig for six months to make sure I am doing my part to help that hash rate grow.

I have been here since SpreadCoin went from CPU to GPU(that was a really fun time) and its been quite an interesting ride with a stable chain and a great community!
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 08:27:05 AM

I have that dingdingding sound on the pool everytime it hits a block Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:23:52 PM

The real question now I guess, is how do I set up the nice dinging noise? lol. Maybe I can make my computer relay "You've got Spreadcoin" whenever I hit a block lol. Or I could get it to say "Soon" or "Stay Tuned" if I go a few blocks without hitting one!  Grin

I have that dingdingding sound on the pool everytime it hits a block Smiley

so I guess Spread is a no-pool-solo-mine only coin...except when its not! Cheesy Cheesy

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:03:17 PM

happy block halving, lol  Grin

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:14:32 PM

BTW, Spreadcoin is approaching 1 Million blocks in a few hours.... so we are having our own little celebration today...  Smiley

what a nice coincidence.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:25:11 PM

happy block halving, lol  Grin

You're front and centre in Bitcoin's future stability and success.

Make it so, number 1.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:08:35 PM

Nice to see more and more activity here along with the hash rate growing to help decentralize the network with many miners. I am dedicating a 6 card 750 ti rig for six months to make sure I am doing my part to help that hash rate grow.

I have been here since SpreadCoin went from CPU to GPU(that was a really fun time) and its been quite an interesting ride with a stable chain and a great community!

What happens in six months?

Are gonna, like, triple the numbers of rigs?
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: