Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternitive to Intersango  (Read 3660 times)
m3sSh3aD (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:58:59 PM

I backed these at first... How wrong was i. It takes a week + to get moneyu in in most cases and im still waiting for a withdrawel for a week now. I've wrote, E-mailed etc but they just dont get back. I told a friend he was been OTT with them a while back buty i can confirm these are a bag of spunk juice now. Spunk juice as more life in it though so i suppose thats cruel to spunk juice.

bankmybitcoin.co.uk as popped up but down for maintance and it seems a little sketchy. ANy other alternitives, AND NOT MTGOX!!!

thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:40:39 PM

Perhaps it's time for a completely new exchange in the UK ?

You could also try http://bitcoin-otc.com/

and check out this list to see if there's any viable alternatives:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Currency_exchanges

repentance

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:03:16 PM

I backed these at first... How wrong was i. It takes a week + to get moneyu in in most cases and im still waiting for a withdrawel for a week now. I've wrote, E-mailed etc but they just dont get back. I told a friend he was been OTT with them a while back buty i can confirm these are a bag of spunk juice now. Spunk juice as more life in it though so i suppose thats cruel to spunk juice.

bankmybitcoin.co.uk as popped up but down for maintance and it seems a little sketchy. ANy other alternitives, AND NOT MTGOX!!!

thanks in advance

Intersango's bank is reviewing activity on their account.  Current estimate for completion of that process is one week but I guess that will depend a lot on what the bank finds.

No matter which exchange you choose, you need to understand the risk that your funds could be frozen by third parties at any time.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:22:25 PM

I backed these at first...

Me too.
Try at BitStamp.
Even better if you're in SEPA i presume, but since I'm not I'm happy to receive fiat after 4-5 days with no need for support tickets or random bank fee amounts.

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
sebnow

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:20:01 AM

As far as Europe goes I use bitcoin.de. Originally I signed up because I got something like 0.1 BTC for free. It's based around peer-to-peer transactions with a user rating system (similar to WoT). I've made around 5 purchases and all of them executed within 1-3 days, using both SEPA and Moneybookers. No issues thus far.
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:50:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestions people. Intersango actually e-mailed me back with a personal message attached to the 'mass mailed one' which went into things a bit better. I understand there issues but they did get things sorted in the end.

I understand its the banks, I mean they dont want BTC to be a success obviously. For me though, Thats why im so interested in the IDEA that is 'bitcoin' Smiley

I will do a bit of shopping around but again, Cheers for all the suggestions Wink
DiThi

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 1dithi

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 12:05:51 PM

I like peer to peer exchanges such as http://bitcoin.de and http://bitmarket.eu

1DiThiTXZpNmmoGF2dTfSku3EWGsWHCjwt
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 12:12:53 PM

I agree bitcoin coin definitely needs a  legitimate UK exchange.  But as we've seen bitcoinica and Pirate, bitcoiners are a greedy lot and not very savy and/or informed so Intersango will probably continue to linger on until is fails or is shut down along with its users funds.

I'm curious about this statement
ANy other alternitives, AND NOT MTGOX!!!

Care to explain?

Thanks.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 12:27:09 PM

https://btc-e.com/

https://www.bitstamp.net/

https://bitmarket.eu/

https://bitcurex.com/

https://bitme.com/

https://icbit.se/

https://imcex.com/

https://vircurex.com/

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 12:28:46 PM

muyuu

Do YOU trust all of them?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 12:31:59 PM

muyuu

Do YOU trust all of them?

I trust none. I have three accounts and diversify my risk (also MtGox and Intersango). I also move my coins to my wallets if I don't plan to sell.

Intersango are fine if you don't plan to withdraw fiat through them for now. You can get slightly better deals for orders than in MtGox (as market maker).

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:12:59 PM

I agree bitcoin coin definitely needs a  legitimate UK exchange.  But as we've seen bitcoinica and Pirate, bitcoiners are a greedy lot and not very savy and/or informed so Intersango will probably continue to linger on until is fails or is shut down along with its users funds.

I'm curious about this statement
ANy other alternitives, AND NOT MTGOX!!!

Care to explain?

Thanks.

There japaneese and own the largest amount of BTC's in the exchanges. If someone mines 51% or owns 51% of the BTC available they can manipulate the market. Not that i got anything against japaneese either, One place i want to see infact and i'd marry a japaneese bird, Just pointing it out as alot of people just dont realise that.

I think ill use multiple ones and spread my risks also. Seems best idea but it would be nice have a solid exchange in the UK
SpontaneousDisorder

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Has anyone deposited via mtgox's UK barclays account? Was it free/quick?

I'm thinking this or trading p2p and building rep, since the banking system will not last forever.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:40:00 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 02:54:56 PM by muyuu

There japaneese and own the largest amount of BTC's in the exchanges. If someone mines 51% or owns 51% of the BTC available they can manipulate the market. Not that i got anything against japaneese either, One place i want to see infact and i'd marry a japaneese bird, Just pointing it out as alot of people just dont realise that.

I think ill use multiple ones and spread my risks also. Seems best idea but it would be nice have a solid exchange in the UK

No exchanges have anywhere close to even 30% of the coins, and also mining is completely unrelated to exchanges. The "51% attack" has absolutely nothing to do with exchanges.

Has anyone deposited via mtgox's UK barclays account? Was it free/quick?

I'm thinking this or trading p2p and building rep, since the banking system will not last forever.

Took 2-3 days last time. It was done in 4-5 hours in Intersango last time (two weeks ago) but I had to call my bank because they blocked it asking for extra verification for some reason.

m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:24:50 PM

No exchanges have anywhere close to even 30% of the coins, and also mining is completely unrelated to exchanges. The "51% attack" has absolutely nothing to do with exchanges.

I didnt realise that, But if an exchange deals 51%+ of the bitcoins, Sureley they actually have access to them and therefore could do something to manipulate the market, as in how the banks do already. Maybe its just my suspision but i certainly wouldnt like any exchange having 51% or more. I just dont want BTC market go the same way as our current monitary systems have gone
Herodes

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:29:44 PM

I didnt realise that, But if an exchange deals 51%+ of the bitcoins, Sureley they actually have access to them and therefore could do something to manipulate the market, as in how the banks do already. Maybe its just my suspision but i certainly wouldnt like any exchange having 51% or more. I just dont want BTC market go the same way as our current monitary systems have gone

I think you misunderstand the 51% attack. The 51% attack is about having 51% of the hashing power in the network. Even if some entity controlled 51% of the total of all bitcoins, they could, if they wanted, dump it all in the markets, thus lowering the value of bitcoin vs. the dollar, even if someone deleted 51% of all coins, that would only mean that the remaining coins would gain value, as there would be more demand than supply.
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 08:38:31 PM

They would need 5,013,300 BTC to have 51% of coins. Anyway, they claim something like 80% of market share, but that's only documented exchanges and really jsut a drop in the bucket of total bitcoin economy. The faster mtgox dies the better, but they aren't really a big threat.
m3sSh3aD (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:06:11 PM

Interesting, But good to know as well

Can't we open our own bank that only accepts bitcoins Smiley Call it POWER TO THE PEOPLE BANKING SOCIETY haha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: