Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:52:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a PoS  (Read 9988 times)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 01:26:24 PM

You can try linking your bank account to dwolla and deposit to mt gox from there. https://www.dwolla.com/default.aspx

Mt Gox also has a chase bank account and if you try Keefe on #bitcoin-otc he will also help you.

How do you deposit using this account?

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

May 29, 2011, 01:54:19 PM

You can try linking your bank account to dwolla and deposit to mt gox from there. https://www.dwolla.com/default.aspx

Mt Gox also has a chase bank account and if you try Keefe on #bitcoin-otc he will also help you.

I assume you send him an email.

Paxum is another easy way to get money into mt gox.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 01:56:22 PM

Maybe people would find it easier if they could simply mail-order a bitcoin CD or DVD with cash in the mail and it comes with bitcoin already in its wallet?

No complicated downloading and so on, just boot your machine from the CD or if you are up for complicated stuff like installing a program, install from the CD.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
TheMagikarp

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:58:10 PM

I am a person of higher-than-average intelligence and I am an IT professional. I know how computers and the internet work.
And yet you didn't think to Google for your answer.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 02:55:29 PM

I assume you send him an email.

Paxum is another easy way to get money into mt gox.

MtGox, not Keefe (unless they are the same person).

Seriously, I felt much like the guy who started this thread did initially. You need to treat his feedback respectfully as it will help you tailor your products better for the end user. IT guys are often rude because they can get away with it- demand for their services is greater than supply. Businessmen (you know, your bosses) don't have that luxury. The customer is always right.  The consumer is king in the free market.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
jjVon

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:57:46 PM

I appreciate cvramen's question.  I was thinking the same thing myself.  That's why I came to the forum and looked for this discussion.  btw, I googled the hell out of this in specific and found all the same info on what to do with your bitcoin, but no straight line to use my current financial toolbox.  I think my problem getting into this is that my preferred methods of payment are not allowed to play this game.  I found lots of great answers to cvramen's question, which was also mine.    Thanks for all the great answers.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:11:30 PM

People are selling some bitcoins on ebay now. I don't know if ebay is going to allow this to continue long term, but if it does, that could become an easy place to buy and sell bitcoins.

5 minutes to go with that auction.  $70.20.

watching and waiting for eBay to cancel it...
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:17:54 PM

hmmm... somebody sniped it with 4 seconds to go:  $84.66.

i wonder if eBay will continue to let these go through, now that they're selling PayPal?
hunk

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:40:03 PM

People are selling some bitcoins on ebay now. I don't know if ebay is going to allow this to continue long term, but if it does, that could become an easy place to buy and sell bitcoins.

Can you give me a link?I want to get my hands on some bitcoins,and since I already have an account on ebay it might be easier than mt.gox and the rest..
I cannot however find anything...Searching for "bitcoin" only gave me one result and that was to buy a discount code for 0.15BTC when purchasing at a site,searching for "BTC" will result in all sort of unrelated results like jewelery and empty DVD's,and "bit coin" will only yield results about physical coins...
Maybe ebay stopped the selling of bitcoins?It wouldn't seem far-fetched after Paypal...
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Can you give me a link?I want to get my hands on some bitcoins,and since I already have an account on ebay it might be easier than mt.gox and the rest..
I cannot however find anything...Searching for "bitcoin" only gave me one result and that was to buy a discount code for 0.15BTC when purchasing at a site,searching for "BTC" will result in all sort of unrelated results like jewelery and empty DVD's,and "bit coin" will only yield results about physical coins...
Maybe ebay stopped the selling of bitcoins?It wouldn't seem far-fetched after Paypal...

the auction ended 23 minutes before your post...
hunk

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:49:39 PM

the auction ended 23 minutes before your post...

Lool..Still could you give me the link to the auction?It should still work,and I just want to see the details of the transaction(How much the auction ended,how many bitcoin were on sale,how was the ebay seller making the buyer feel safe from scamming etc.)
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:52:16 PM

ebay auction

hunk

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:09:20 PM

Interesting...Not sure if I would bid...The price seems to be roughly the same as MtGox but the seller doesn't fill me with confidence..

1)His feedback is only 7,which is understandable if he just created an account to sell bitcoins but
2)He offers no form of protection against scamming..I don't really know what that might be,but I suppose it wouldn't be hard to think of something to put the buyer at ease.
3)He requires some form of protection for himself in the sense that he asks me to hand out personal information if I have less that 10 feedback
4)He only ships to people in the US.I guess it's so he can actually call the person that won the bid,but he could call anyone anywhere in the world if he wanted using a VOIP service...Most have free destinations so he wouldn't even be charged,but even if he was,it would only be a short conversation...
5)By only shipping a digital good at a certain geographical area,he has limited his buyers for no reason...I'm pretty sure that someone who lives in the US can get bitcoins easier than me,and wouldn't be looking at ebay for them...

I'll keep an eye out on ebay for more of his bids,but I'm a bit skeptical about it..

EDIT:wouldn't it make more sense to have a fixed price per BTC and have the buyer select the amount he wants?
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:19:31 PM

Darnit, I got excited for a moment. I thought someone created a Point of Sale terminal for Bitcoin.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:37:29 PM

I am a person of higher-than-average intelligence

I bet everyone thinks that of themselves.  Roll Eyes

Depends on the view of intelligence, and in my book, intelligence is definitely not about being above, better than others in any way- quite the opposite, and even less about saying it loud.

Persistence usually wins out over intelligence anyway.
finnthecelt

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:43:40 PM

Well so far for me I've figured out how to start mining.

The security piece is another matter. It appears my account was hacked because of a mistake I made.

I know it was this morning and can see the payout transaction in my account and the wallet address it's going to however I'm confused about something.

Under the "Ledger" section it states....... "Every time a transaction is sent, some bitcoins are usually sent back to yourself at a new address"...

What does this mean? When I logged into my account (with slush) someone had changed my wallet address and the payment threshold. They also unchecked the box to have an email notification sent to me when a payout is made.

I notice in the ledger that the payment hasn't been made yet. I can see the block and the wallet address that someone put in my account.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thx
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:58:26 PM

Under the "Ledger" section it states....... "Every time a transaction is sent, some bitcoins are usually sent back to yourself at a new address"...

What does this mean? When I logged into my account (with slush) someone had changed my wallet address and the payment threshold. They also unchecked the box to have an email notification sent to me when a payout is made.

I notice in the ledger that the payment hasn't been made yet. I can see the block and the wallet address that someone put in my account.

Thx

This is how coins are divided up. They are saved in chunks, and when you send some coins, the chunk has to be divided, and the remainder is returned to you.

As far as your account information on slush's website being compromised, I would suggest you change your password, fix your account, and PM slush with the details immediately.
finnthecelt

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 05:05:03 PM

Thx

This is how coins are divided up. They are saved in chunks, and when you send some coins, the chunk has to be divided, and the remainder is returned to you.

As far as your account information on slush's website being compromised, I would suggest you change your password, fix your account, and PM slush with the details immediately.

I didn't see where you could change your password.... I have messages out to slush with the details. I can see precisely which block it is and the wallet address.

Thx
Jaime Frontero

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 05:08:12 PM

Well so far for me I've figured out how to start mining.

The security piece is another matter. It appears my account was hacked because of a mistake I made.

I know it was this morning and can see the payout transaction in my account and the wallet address it's going to however I'm confused about something.

Thx

the first thing you do is change your password.  then you put your own wallet address back into slush's information.

then change the payment threshold back to the way you'd like it, and re-check the e-mail notification box.

then go here:  www.dictionary.com

and look up the difference between "hacked", and stolen.

throwing words like 'hacked' around is not useful.  people like slush depend on all of us trusting their security - and they do a pretty damn fine job of it.  i'm almost sure that what you meant was you screwed up, and either gave your password to somebody you should not have trusted, or you wrote it down in the clear and somebody lifted it.  yes?

"...because of a mistake I made."

so really, your account wasn't hacked, was it?
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 05:11:15 PM

I got some from the faucet, (but it paid
0.5 btc at the time.  Then used coinpal, built some trust.  Found othet sites, and posted some regferal links.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: