Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me understand about "Trust" and how it works on this Forum.  (Read 1497 times)
safetybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I really feel confused and anxious at this time. I do not know why today I logged into my account , I saw many red letters in "trust" .

I can confirm that I have never misleaded anyone.

I am using this account to participate in Dadice Campaign and I got paid last week. I mean, a few days ago my account no red lines because if so, I can

not join the Campaign.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_RyLrCa3saxwHPz8mgPuNlV8ewuX7RlC15ZUQRVp99w/pubhtml#

I bought this account on the date April-13-2015 (about 3 weeks ago) via Escrow (SebastianJu) and I can prove it.

I do not know why that someone gave me the red lines there. At this point I do not know what to do with it .

I hope someone here can help me solve this problem and help me fix it.

I sincerely thank you !

Quoted for the record.

Yes, Thank you very much for your great news ! I really feel happy now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
safetybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:06:01 AM

It looks like bassguitarman was recently added to Tomatocage's trust list which is what caused you to have negative trust by default.

The fact that an account was sold is not a reason to remove negative trust. You will need to try to work out the negative trust with bassguitarman and if necessary contact TC, however TC is unlikely to remove him if the rating is accurate.

Dear Quickseller,

I sincerely thanks for your help !

Also thanks to you that I know the most important information to solve my problem. Thanks to you that I know need to contact to @bassguitarman to   

get his help, and now my account is back to normal. If not for your guidance maybe I do not know where to start .

Once again, Sincerely thanks !

Best regards,

safetybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:14:31 AM

Dear Everyone,

Finally, my problem was solved in a good way. It is also thanks to the enthusiastic support of all of you here .

Therefore, I would like to thank to all of you spent valuable time for your to help me.

And also by the way, I sincerely thank @bassguitarman so much ! 

Have a great day ! Grin Grin Grin

Best regards,

safetybitcoin

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:27:50 AM

I still don't understand how trust works. I've been reading related threads and only have the vaguest idea- is it a sort of up vote/down vote thing related to doing deals between members?
Can someone point me to a comprehensive explainer of the whole trust system if such a page exists?
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:23:38 AM

I still don't understand how trust works. I've been reading related threads and only have the vaguest idea- is it a sort of up vote/down vote thing related to doing deals between members?
Can someone point me to a comprehensive explainer of the whole trust system if such a page exists?

As you can see anyone can give (Positive, Negative or Neutral) Trust to anyone, anywhere and whenever you want AND how many times you want aswell. Its pretty much like a review you can make of an user even if you didnt have any deals with him. Now if you dont have positive trust yourself from other trusted members your Votes would be shown as ''Untrusted feedback'' and you would not see the red thing under the trust. If you are a trusted member and you vote negativly someone, their trust would appear red. All these votes are made by users and you should read all of them to understand if they are real or (a good amount of times) rage votes because that user gave them a negative trust vote or things like that.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:28:50 AM

Basically, people can up vote/down vote other people's accounts. It usually happens after you trade with someone. If the deal goes smoothly, you can give them positive trust. If the deal goes sour because they scammed you, then you can leave them negative trust. There is also an option to enter the risked BTC amount. If you sold a miner to me for 1 BTC and I gave you 1 BTC, that's the amount that would be "risked" in this transaction.

However, if I were to give you positive or negative trust, very few people would notice it because I'm not in what's known as the "default trust list". The same also goes for you. Unless someone specifically chose to add us to their own trust list, the trust that we give to others (either positive or negative) would only be viewable if you clicked on someone's trust history and enabled the option to show untrusted feedback.

When you add someone to your trust list, their ratings suddenly become visible by default without the need to do the above. Most people here use the default trust list. The ratings of those who are in this list carry a lot more weight than others because their ratings are, you guessed it, visible by default:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

Notice how there are different depths. When someone from depth 1 adds another user into their trust list, they become part of depth 2. The trust ratings from those in depth 1 carry more weight than those in depth 2.

Now click on the "heiracharial view" link at the bottom of the page. Assuming that you are using the default trust list (i.e. you have DefaultTrust in depth 0), you'll see that DefaultTrust "trusts" theymos who trusts gmaxwell. Hence, DefaultTrust is in depth 0, theymos is in depth 1, and gmaxwell is in depth 2. If theymos trusted me, you would see my name in depth 2 alongside gmaxwell. The trust ratings that I give to others would then suddenly have much more weight in the community because they would immediately become visible by 99% of the members here who don't change their trust list.

As another example, if I removed DefaultTrust from depth 0 (and therefore remove theymos and all the other people currently in depth 1) and added a troll who likes to give negative ratings to reputable members (or even if I added a legitimate user who added such a troll to their own trust list), suddenly the trust ratings that I see in the forums would be all wonky and normally highly trusted users such as theymos, gmaxwell, dooglus, Stunna, Tomatocage, etc. might suddenly be showing red trust and the "Trade with extreme caution!" tag next to their profiles.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:54:20 PM

ok, so when someone is selling trust, they are taking money to give positive trust to someone no questions asked. But as soon as the giver or buyer is outed as a fake, every connected-by-trust member involved...their trust is affected? I'm sort of blurry on this one. Not that I want to sell or buy trust, just that in the other thread, the mods and more senior members were saying that the trust system tends to resist the effect of buying/selling, that the community automatically regulates...

I think I sort of get it... a stickied "How Trust Works" primer thread would do a lot of good for me, and I'm sure many others. Like a real simple breakdown. If I actually understood it myself I could probably write one up, and I understand it would take a few hours... so I don't want to make a bunch of work for anyone...but a guide like that is the kind of thing I would refer back to a few times until I fully understood it. Might prevent some of the fights in here too. is there a wiki or something? is a similar trust system used elsewhere?

thanks for the info above Lorenzo and XinXan, BTW.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: