Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRT] Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience (old thread)  (Read 36105 times)
The Grantcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:52:53 AM

Grantcoin market was briefly launched on Bittrex but has been disabled, because it was accidentally launched with the wrong ticker symbol.

Bittrex staff says they will correct it and reopen the market soon. We will post another update here to let you know when it's opened. Thank you for your patience.

appreciate for the updates could you pls update OP accordingly since southxchange is still missing from your website and OP Smiley

Done. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:58:26 AM

Bittrex market is up and running now: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GRT

Happy to see some buying action already. Please everyone do your due diligence, and if you like what you see with this project, feel free to purchase some Grantcoin to help us raise funding and move forward with strong plans for development and marketing.

Thanks everyone for your interest and support for Grantcoin!
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:31:17 AM

I like this coin it has a green outlook and a positive message I like it.
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:34:05 AM

so its an ico?
mamahdedeh

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:36:52 AM

How many total coin dev ?

freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:40:15 AM

I like this coin it has a green outlook and a positive message I like it.

Thanks! It's one of a small number of coins that's trying to use crypto to do some good in the world. And we have a solid business plan too!

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:47:25 AM

so its an ico?

2% of the currency reserve is being sold in Phase One fundraising campaign to raise hopefully $110,000. We'd like to get that raised by the end of this year. More will be raised in two more phases later on, assuming we get through phase one which would take the price beyond 10x what it is now. Phase Two will eventually start at a price 20x what it is now.

The money will be used for tech development to create much better wallets that are user-friendly for the average person, smartphone apps for merchants and consumers to easily scan and redeem Grantcoin paper wallet coupons which will be distributed as grants to qualifying businesses who agree to accept GRT as payment from customers, and lots and lots of marketing and promotion to the sustainable business community, environmental community, and more. Also the basic expenses of running a real nonprofit organization, which the Grantcoin Foundation is (one of very few coins to be run by a legitimate nonprofit).

We've already raised $17,500 before we even got on exchanges, so this project is for real and there's a lot that we can do, but we do need more capital to really make Grantcoin one of the top-tier cryptocurrencies. Lots of info available in documentation on our website, grantcoin.org. Check it out, do your due diligence, consider buying in and helping to fund us if you like what we're doing.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:49:07 AM

How many total coin dev ?

Hi, I'm the dev. 10 billion total coins, plus what gets generated by mining, then staking later this year with a low interest rate.

See this page for a breakdown of the coin distribution plans.

National

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:12:09 AM

Im sure you are working on it, but some google optimization is needed! GRT doesnt come up at all when you google grant coin, just coins of president Ulysses s. grant
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:28:48 AM

Im sure you are working on it, but some google optimization is needed! GRT doesnt come up at all when you google grant coin, just coins of president Ulysses s. grant
Which Google are you using? I get a full first page about grantcoin in Google.
National

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:01:59 AM

If you Google "Grant coin"  with a space grt doesn't come up at all. I hadn't done it without a space,  with one word,  "grantcoin"  you guys do come up.
Kaenguru

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:12:30 AM

Which Google are you using? I get a full first page about grantcoin in Google.

Yeah me too

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 07:14:53 AM

Grantcoin has sold out Lot 1 of our fundraising sale at 50 satoshis on both Bittrex and SouthXchange! Next lot is priced at 100 satoshis.

According to Bittrex distribution statistics, 35 people bought Grantcoin so far on that exchange. Thanks to everyone who has participated in trading so far. We look forward to seeing a robust market continue to develop for Grantcoin!
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:31:07 AM

Grantcoin has sold out Lot 1 of our fundraising sale at 50 satoshis on both Bittrex and SouthXchange! Next lot is priced at 100 satoshis.

According to Bittrex distribution statistics, 35 people bought Grantcoin so far on that exchange. Thanks to everyone who has participated in trading so far. We look forward to seeing a robust market continue to develop for Grantcoin!

after 50 and 100 , when 150 ?
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:11:31 PM

not worth to mine as now at Bittrex is 67 BID. GRT the 10 billion coins supply will have hard time to pass 100 satoshis like other 10 billion coins. Why anyone will pay over the market price for next lot?
freebird

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:10:17 PM

not worth to mine as now at Bittrex is 67 BID. GRT the 10 billion coins supply will have hard time to pass 100 satoshis like other 10 billion coins. Why anyone will pay over the market price for next lot?

The coin supply is going to be distributed gradually over a period of many years. That's not the issue.

The price hasn't climbed much yet because a lot of people who bought at 50 satoshis decided to take daytrading profits. We can't force people to hold the coin if they aren't actually investors.

The price will rise if investors decide to buy and hold. For that to happen, it will take more marketing for the coin to reach a larger audience. We will keep doing our best to raise awareness of the Grantcoin project so that new investors will buy GRT.

Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:16:46 PM

For me all kinds of valuable coin as Grant Coin...... Smiley

limaphii

Activity: 700

Founder of CoExistCoin

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 02:29:23 PM

Usually I do not buy coins that bittrex advertises, BUT this is interesting if pulled off as planned. I invested some btc. Wishing the project lots of luck. I love groups that try to be as ethical as possible.

freebird

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:27:35 PM

Usually I do not buy coins that bittrex advertises, BUT this is interesting if pulled off as planned. I invested some btc. Wishing the project lots of luck. I love groups that try to be as ethical as possible.

Thank you. Glad to hear it!

We're working on some interesting things in the background, building relationships, etc. For example, we will be presenting about Grantcoin at a crypto conference in Ghana in June.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 11:47:21 PM

The Grantcoin founders were interviewed recently on Bitcoins and Gravy. Have a listen!

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ep-69-grantcoin-is-here-to-empower
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: