Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:12:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRT] Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience (old thread)  (Read 36100 times)
chey

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 12:55:19 AM

I'm only getting 1 connection on this and that's to suprnova pool.

That's strange. I just tried opening my wallet and I'm getting 5 connections to the network. Also I checked the blockchain and it's moving along at normal speed.

Are you still having difficulty getting connections? Which wallet are you using?

Yes. Still only one connection. I compiled from source on Linux.

I just ran a Grantcoin Linux daemon and I immediately get 2 connections, which are the DNS seed nodes.

The only thing I can think of that could be causing a problem for you is your .conf file. What did you put in there?

$ grantcoind getinfo | grep version
    "version" : "v0.1.0.0-unk-beta",
    "protocolversion" : 60004,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

grantcoin.conf
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
daemon=1
server=1

I'm on the current block too. 77018

Good that you're on the current block.

In the .conf file for my test daemon I only have the following:

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
gen=0

If you want it to mine, then change to gen=1

I'm not sure if deleting daemon=1 and server=1 would make any difference, but maybe give that a try, restart it and see if it'll connect to the 2 seed nodes.

BTW, is your node at this IP address? 76.90.105.71. The reason I ask is because that's listed as the node of a wallet which is Protocol 0, a nonexistent version of Grantcoin, on this page: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/grt/#!network. If so, then maybe something went wrong in your build? Even if it says you're running protocol 60004, maybe somehow the network is not finding your wallet correctly? Just thought I'd ask if that IP address is yours.

I added the seed nodes to the config manually

addnode=seed1.grantcoin.net
addnode=seed2.grantcoin.net

...now I have 4 connections.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:04:53 AM

I added the seed nodes to the config manually

addnode=seed1.grantcoin.net
addnode=seed2.grantcoin.net

...now I have 4 connections.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for posting that you found a solution! I guess if anyone else experiences the same issue, try what chey did.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 01:21:34 AM

Attention Grantcoin community:

I'm the dev of Grantcoin. A forum administrator has deleted two of my posts in this forum and informed me that they were deleted. One of them was me thanking kevin1234a who listened to my recent interview on Bitcoins and Gravy and said he thought our team did a good job. Another one was to welcome jepistons to this thread whom I knew before from my work in SolarCoin and who recently came here and expressed support for Grantcoin.

The posts by kevin1234a and jepistons, which I was responding to, were also deleted by Bitcointalk forum admins.

I made further inquiry to the admin and was told that somebody probably reported these posts and that they may have been perceived as an attempt to bump this thread with insubstantial posting.

It seems that some user(s) on this website, probably from competing coins, are trying hard to reduce the attention that Grantcoin will get here, by asking admins to delete our community members' posts. If users can't express their support for the Grantcoin project without having their posts deleted, then this thread doesn't provide an accurate perception of the level of interest in Grantcoin among the altcoin community. Also, if posts are going to be frequently deleted by admins, then it would make it difficult for this forum to function as a general gathering-place for the Grantcoin community.

The Grantcoin team will have to give further thought to how we will be using Bitcointalk from now on. Perhaps this venue will be primarily used as a place to make announcements, and we might look for a different venue for general Grantcoin community discussion, which would be uncensored.

We apologize for the deleted posts. There appears to be nothing we can do about it.

Eric Stetson
Executive Director
The Grantcoin Foundation

thanks alot for witnessing it. if someone didn't like our criticism in other threads they do report user as a scam (lol) and in result mod start deleting posts for that user which compose of a sentence or few words with same reasons what u had mentioned.

sharing my experience being a forum mod and admin. well in real world no one has ample time to write stories in replies unless BCT is our home and workplace Wink

in short i personally thank you for mentioning this minor yet major thing hopefully mods will read this and instead of deleting legit posts they will start cleaning up other scams which they should.

have a nice weekend folks and till next time happy mining

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:00:27 AM

Attention Grantcoin community:

I'm the dev of Grantcoin. A forum administrator has deleted two of my posts in this forum and informed me that they were deleted. One of them was me thanking kevin1234a who listened to my recent interview on Bitcoins and Gravy and said he thought our team did a good job. Another one was to welcome jepistons to this thread whom I knew before from my work in SolarCoin and who recently came here and expressed support for Grantcoin.

The posts by kevin1234a and jepistons, which I was responding to, were also deleted by Bitcointalk forum admins.

I made further inquiry to the admin and was told that somebody probably reported these posts and that they may have been perceived as an attempt to bump this thread with insubstantial posting.

It seems that some user(s) on this website, probably from competing coins, are trying hard to reduce the attention that Grantcoin will get here, by asking admins to delete our community members' posts. If users can't express their support for the Grantcoin project without having their posts deleted, then this thread doesn't provide an accurate perception of the level of interest in Grantcoin among the altcoin community. Also, if posts are going to be frequently deleted by admins, then it would make it difficult for this forum to function as a general gathering-place for the Grantcoin community.

The Grantcoin team will have to give further thought to how we will be using Bitcointalk from now on. Perhaps this venue will be primarily used as a place to make announcements, and we might look for a different venue for general Grantcoin community discussion, which would be uncensored.

We apologize for the deleted posts. There appears to be nothing we can do about it.

Eric Stetson
Executive Director
The Grantcoin Foundation

It's possible move all discussion off Bitcoin talk over to Facebook. Bitcoin Talk admins have no power there.

The Grantcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 08:06:48 AM

Grantcoin Now Trading on Ripple Trade for Dollars, Euros and More

Posted on June 6, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/06/06/grantcoin-now-trading-on-ripple-trade-for-dollars-euros-and-more/

The Grantcoin Foundation has opened Grantcoin markets on the Ripple Trade online currency exchange, including 13 currency pairs. Grantcoin can now be traded directly for U.S. dollars, euros, Chinese yuan, Japanese yen, British pounds, Brazilian reals, Canadian dollars, South Korean won, Mexican pesos, South African rand, and Singapore dollars. Grantcoin also has established markets on Ripple Trade for trading with two other cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin and Ripple’s native XRP token.

A complete list of Grantcoin trading pairs on Ripple Trade which will be monitored and supported by the Grantcoin Foundation are as follows:

• GRT.Grantcoin/USD.SnapSwap
  • GRT.Grantcoin/EUR.SnapSwap
  • GRT.Grantcoin/CNY.RippleChina
  • GRT.Grantcoin/JPY.TokyoJPY
  • GRT.Grantcoin/GBP.Ripula-UK
  • GRT.Grantcoin/BRL.Rippex
  • GRT.Grantcoin/CAD.RippleUnion
  • GRT.Grantcoin/KRW.PaxMoneta
  • GRT.Grantcoin/MXN.Bitso
  • GRT.Grantcoin/ZAR.ice3x
  • GRT.Grantcoin/SGD.RippleSingapore
  • GRT.Grantcoin/BTC.SnapSwap
  • GRT.Grantcoin/XRP

Grantcoin is one of only a handful of cryptocurrencies that can be traded directly for mainstream fiat currencies such as the U.S. dollar and the euro. Grantcoin joins Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Stellar as the only cryptocurrencies with independent blockchains that are available on Ripple Trade.

The Grantcoin Foundation has contracted with One Million Gateways, a software development company focused on the Ripple ecosystem, to create an automated bridge for Grantcoin payments, deposits and withdrawals between Ripple wallets and the Grantcoin blockchain, similar to BTC2Ripple. This is expected to be ready in late June.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:19:21 AM

That's awesome news Grantcoin Foundation!

Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:24:42 AM

WOW awesome , cost mining now arround 55sat , buy more on market  this good choose
Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:44:14 AM

Dev , How i withdraw my Grantcoin on Ripple to another exchange *bittrex / client ?
thanks

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 08:55:48 AM

Dev , How i withdraw my Grantcoin on Ripple to another exchange *bittrex / client ?
thanks

When the gateway/bridge software being built for us by OMG is ready later this month, withdrawals will be automated and nearly instantaneous. Until then, if you want to withdraw from your Ripple wallet to an external Grantcoin wallet, you'll need to request a manual withdrawal which will be processed by somebody at the Grantcoin Foundation. We will try for a 24-hour turnaround time for manual withdrawals. Contact us at http://www.grantcoin.org/contact/ and provide the Grantcoin wallet address you want to withdraw to, and we'll send you instructions.

We realize that arbitrage between Ripple Trade and Bittrex, etc., will be inefficient until the automated system is ready. So, realistically, the Ripple markets are currently only intended for investors with a longer time horizon. But efficient arbitrage will become possible in a few weeks when we have the Grantcoin-Ripple bridge.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:23:33 AM

Grantcoin Foundation to Sell Less Grantcoin, Provide Buy Support on Exchanges, Increase Focus on Charity and E-Commerce

Posted on June 11, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/06/11/foundation-to-sell-less-grantcoin-provide-buy-support-focus-on-charity-and-e-commerce/

After considering feedback both from skeptics and supporters of Grantcoin, the Grantcoin Foundation has decided to make some changes to confirm to the public our commitment to our charitable mission and to making Grantcoin an actively traded currency which can be spent for real goods and services.

The changes being made are as follows:

1. Reduce sales of Grantcoin on exchanges. The Grantcoin Foundation is cutting the amount of Grantcoin we plan to sell on exchanges from 10% of our currency reserve to 1% (100 million GRT). These sales will be spread out at prices ranging from $0.0001 all the way to $0.01. See the new sales plan (.xlsx spreadsheet) for details. 4% of the Grantcoin currency reserve will be placed in a long-term fund, none of which will be spent or sold until the planned sales are completed. After that, this fund may be used for ongoing expenses of the Grantcoin Foundation in the years to come.

2. Buyback up to 50% of Grantcoin sold at each price level. The Grantcoin Foundation will provide significant buy support to try to create stable price ranges and increased liquidity of Grantcoin markets. Here’s an example of how it will work: When the Grantcoin available for sale on a GRT/BTC market at 100 satoshis is sold out and the price moves above this level, the Grantcoin Foundation will place a buy order for half as much Grantcoin as we sold at that same price. The Foundation will therefore have a buy wall at 100 and a sell wall at 150. When the wall at 150 is sold out, we will place a new buy wall at 150 and sell wall at 200; and so on. Important Note: The Grantcoin Foundation does not guarantee that any price will be maintained, because traders may choose to dump into our buy walls and the maximum buy support from the Foundation is limited to the amounts disclosed in our sales plan. Even so, the volume of Grantcoin trading on exchanges would be higher, which is beneficial for the currency in and of itself.

3. Transfer 5% of Grantcoin reserve to #GrantMe programs. Half of the Grantcoin which was originally planned to be sold on exchanges will instead be set aside for grants to people and nonprofit organizations that are making a positive difference in the world. The total amount to be used for the #GrantMe programs is therefore increased from 10% to 15% of the total Grantcoin reserve. The Grantcoin Foundation will soon begin a campaign on Twitter to publicly identify thousands of #grantworthy people, projects and charities, give them small amounts of Grantcoin to thank them for what they’re doing, and encourage them to apply for larger grants in the future.

4. Launch e-commerce site with option to pay in U.S. dollars, Bitcoin, or Grantcoin. The Grantcoin team strongly believes that alternative currencies should be used as currency, not merely a speculative investment. This is the only way that cryptocurrency will ever gain widespread adoption by the public. To underscore our commitment to this principle and provide a revenue stream for the Grantcoin Foundation, we will leverage our connections in the organic foods and eco-friendly business sector to create an online retail store for people to spend leading cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin — and, of course, Grantcoin — to buy products made by socially and environmentally responsible businesses. U.S. dollars, and possibly other fiat currencies, will also be accepted as a method of payment, to expand the store’s reach to the general public. Grantcoin will be used as a customer loyalty token: for example, customers may receive a discount or other benefits for paying in Grantcoin. More information about this project will be announced in the coming weeks as we move forward with development.

The Grantcoin team is thankful for the input we have received from various people who have looked into Grantcoin during the first few weeks after public launch of the currency. Your feedback has been important in helping us think about ways to improve our plans and strategies to make Grantcoin a success!
National

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:07:04 AM

The Grantcoin team is thankful for the input we have received from various people who have looked into Grantcoin during the first few weeks after public launch of the currency. Your feedback has been important in helping us think about ways to improve our plans and strategies to make Grantcoin a success!
appreciate the shout out GRT team :p.  Keep it up,  youre making good decisions! 
jerowacik
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:11:04 AM

Good news Grantcoin ...
I invest some money in here , good job dev
kevin1234a
Legendary

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 01:33:45 PM

well im afraid if i write here again something in support of DEV team those posts will get deleted again Smiley so just to test im writing again

i really appreciate your aforementioned 4 steps an hopefully it will spotlight your cause more efficently in the community

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 10:45:56 PM

Grantcoin Android Wallet App Released for Testing

Posted on June 19, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/06/19/grantcoin-android-wallet-app-released-for-testing/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce the release of the first mobile wallet for Grantcoin. The software works on Android devices including smartphones and tablets.

This QT wallet app for Android was developed by Grantcoin Foundation technology advisor and volunteer Troy Benjegerdes. Other members of the Grantcoin team have tested it on their own devices and confirmed basic functionality such as downloading the blockchain and sending and receiving Grantcoin. The app is now being released to the public for testing and feedback.

This is a first version of the app and it still needs improvement in terms of user experience and features.

Free Downloads:

Known Issues and Limitations:

• The blockchain takes a long time to download with this app, compared to desktop wallets.
  • You may not be able to back up your wallet.dat file using this app. If you lose your device or the memory gets wiped, you will lose any GRT you have stored in this wallet.
  • Do not use the dollar sign character ($) in your passphrase if you choose to encrypt your wallet. If you do, you may be unable to access your coins.

Bounty for Testers: The Grantcoin Foundation will give volunteer bounties of 1,000 to 20,000 GRT to users who test the app and provide helpful feedback. The amount of the bounty for each tester will depend on the extensiveness, quality, and usefulness of your feedback, at the discretion of Grantcoin Foundation personnel. After we have received enough feedback from testers, this bounty program will be discontinued. Contact us to send your comments about the app after you have downloaded and tested it.

Use at your own risk. The functionality of this software is not guaranteed by the Grantcoin Foundation or the developer. The current version of this app is intended for testing, not for storing large amounts of GRT. Only use it with coins you’re potentially willing to lose.
limar

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:41:55 AM

Grantcoin Android Wallet App Released for Testing

Posted on June 19, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/06/19/grantcoin-android-wallet-app-released-for-testing/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce the release of the first mobile wallet for Grantcoin. The software works on Android devices including smartphones and tablets.

This QT wallet app for Android was developed by Grantcoin Foundation technology advisor and volunteer Troy Benjegerdes. Other members of the Grantcoin team have tested it on their own devices and confirmed basic functionality such as downloading the blockchain and sending and receiving Grantcoin. The app is now being released to the public for testing and feedback.

This is a first version of the app and it still needs improvement in terms of user experience and features.

Free Downloads:

Known Issues and Limitations:

• The blockchain takes a long time to download with this app, compared to desktop wallets.
  • You may not be able to back up your wallet.dat file using this app. If you lose your device or the memory gets wiped, you will lose any GRT you have stored in this wallet.
  • Do not use the dollar sign character ($) in your passphrase if you choose to encrypt your wallet. If you do, you may be unable to access your coins.

Bounty for Testers: The Grantcoin Foundation will give volunteer bounties of 1,000 to 20,000 GRT to users who test the app and provide helpful feedback. The amount of the bounty for each tester will depend on the extensiveness, quality, and usefulness of your feedback, at the discretion of Grantcoin Foundation personnel. After we have received enough feedback from testers, this bounty program will be discontinued. Contact us to send your comments about the app after you have downloaded and tested it.

Use at your own risk. The functionality of this software is not guaranteed by the Grantcoin Foundation or the developer. The current version of this app is intended for testing, not for storing large amounts of GRT. Only use it with coins you’re potentially willing to lose.

well definitely i ll test it but afraid that might it will take a day to download whole chain Smiley will provide feedback if it worked with me

Go to Hell
freebird

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:43:25 AM

well definitely i ll test it but afraid that might it will take a day to download whole chain Smiley will provide feedback if it worked with me

Thanks, we appreciate your help!

When I set it up on my phone I left the app open all night to download the blockchain. It's unfortunate that the download takes so long, but you can do it while you're sleeping and then it should be good to go. Smiley

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
rahmad2nd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1009

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:11:59 AM

dev still working and update...
i'm bought some GRT Smiley

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
freebird

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:08:48 PM

A great new article about Grantcoin was published today on Bitcoinist.net.

Grantcoin: A Grant-based Digital Currency For a New World Economy

Here's an excerpt:

A New Financial Model

Grantcoin is not just a digital currency, essentially it is a new financial model to re-assign people the power to create an economy that supports their needs and values. The concepts presented by The Grantcoin Foundation pose real solutions to real-world problems. Aimed at reducing government reliance, the new organization proposes the question: Instead of being held hostage by the economy the government creates, why not create the economy you want to live in?

The Grantcoin movement could be considered a revolutionary way of thinking. Grantcoin’s mission statement declares: Money is a social invention which can be changed by the people according to our values.

BTW, this article was NOT paid promotion. The author genuinely thinks that Grantcoin is newsworthy and she spent over an hour interviewing me on the phone for this article.

kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:39:10 PM

dev still working and update...
i'm bought some GRT Smiley

hope the dev leave us  Grin Grin
Marcus Augustus

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:15:52 AM

Developer: How is this coin going to build value so that the grants are useful to recipients?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: