Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBates - Earn Bitcoins For Amazon Purchases!  (Read 819 times)
Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:30:12 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 06:55:18 PM by Flying Hellfish

Hello BTC community I'd like to announce a little side project I am testing the waters with.  I decided to spend a couple of hours putting together a cheap (well free actually!) website to offer folks the chance to earn BTC rebates (BitBates) on everyday purchases they already make at Amazon.  In a nutshell that's it!

Everything is quite rudimentary and it will all start out being done manually by me.  If the community response is good I will invest more time and money into improving and automating many of the features.

Our FAQ's and some generic information is listed below and hopefully they will give you an idea of what we are about.

Earn 2% - 5% rebate on everyday products you buy from Amazon

As an Amazon affiliate we get paid a commission from Amazon when someone purchases a product using our link.  We are offering up to 50% of our commission back to the customer as a rebate.  The best part is the rebate is paid to you in Bitcoins!

Step 1: Use our link to buy a qualifying product from Amazon.
Step 2: Contact us by email (bitbates@gmail.com) with purchase details and your BTC address.

Once the purchase is verified we will inform you. After we are paid from Amazon we will purchase the appropriate number of Bitcoins and send them to you.

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: I can't see anywhere to make an account at BitBates, do I need to make an account?
    A: No, for now we are doing everything manually via email with our clients.  

2. Q: Is Bitcoin the only option to receive my rebate?
    A: No, while we do prefer to use BTC as we wish to support and foster its growth if you prefer a different payment method please contact us with your preferred method and we will do our best to accommodate you.

3. Q: I want to buy a product from Amazon and get BitBates but I don't see it Featured on your site?
    A: No problems, we only list a few items that are available for BitBates.  The important thing is to get to Amazon from any of our links, you can then shop for other products and as long as you make the purchase during that browser session we and you get paid.

4. Q: Where can I find more detail about rebates paid and eligible purchases?
    A: See below (Schedule A) for more comprehensive information about eligible categories and associated rebates available.

5. Q: What exchange rate and time do you use to calculate applicable BitBates?
    A: All BitBates are calculated in USD and remain as USD denomination until a BTC rebate is paid.  The exchange rate at the time of the BTC payment to the client is the exchange rate used to determine how many BTC the client receives.  

6. Q: How long does it take to receive my BTC BitBates?
    A: Because of the irreversible nature of Bitcoin we can not pay out BitBates until the funds have cleared our account from Amazon.  This can take 90 days or more so we do ask for and appreciate your patience

7. Q: What fees are charged to me for receiving my BitBates?
    A: For BTC payments the only "fee" is the BTC network transaction fee. Alternative payment methods may incur additional fees related to payment processor or exchange rates. A BitBates rep will work with you directly if a non BTC payment method is required and all fees will be disclosed at that time.

8. Q: Is there a minimum before I will receive my BitBates?
    A: Not currently although we are considering a 0.01 BTC minimum and reserve the right to change the minimum requirement at any time.

9. Q: What are your terms and conditions?
    A: Basically we are bound by our agreement with Amazon, if we get paid from them you get paid from us. Please see our "More Information" Menu under "Terms & Conditions" for more detail.

10.Q: What is your privacy policy?
    A: Please see our "More Information" Menu under "privacy policy" for full policy.

Categories and BitBates

Schedule A – Fixed BitBate Rates for Specific Product Categories

Electronics Products - 2%
Amazon MP3 Products - 2%
Amazon Instant Video Products - 2%
Game Downloads Products - 5%
Gift Cards Redeemable on Amazon.com - 3%
Gift Cards Not Redeemable on Amazon.com - 2%
Amazon Coins - 5%
Grocery Products (Including Prime Pantry) - 2%
Video Game Console Products - Not Currently Available For BitBates
Headphone Products - 3%
DVD Products - 2%
Industrial Products and Products Available on Amazonsupply,com - 4%
Products Available on Myhabit.com - 4%
Products Available on AmazonLocal (local.amazon.com) - 4%

General Products* - 2%
* General Products are any Products other than those for which we pay a fixed BitBate rate as outlined above in Schedule A

http://bitbates.wix.com/bitbates

Please feel free to give me constructive criticism or post questions and I will do my best to answer and keep the thread updated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:29:07 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 06:56:53 PM by Flying Hellfish

bump
marioantonini
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:35:43 PM

the idea is very good, but Amazon can do this? to encourage purchases?
i have used last time later, a italian shop online (with tradedoubler affiliation) and this ban me because i incentivate the purchase with money.

Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:31:05 PM

the idea is very good, but Amazon can do this? to encourage purchases?
i have used last time later, a italian shop online (with tradedoubler affiliation) and this ban me because i incentivate the purchase with money.

Thanks for your comment, I read the Amazon associate agreement pretty in depth and no where did I see that I could not offer customers incentive to use my link by paying out a rebate.  In fact a VERY large affiliate program website for cash back rebates via affiliate programs is currently being purchased by a Japanese company and the sale is expected to be in the range of $900 million for the site...  The model works with cash back I have just flipped the payment method to try to attract our niche community!

As far as I can tell and see Amazon doesn't have a problem with this type of rebate program.  I was hoping that the BTC payout would entice folks in the community who already purchase from Amazon to get some BTC back for using my link.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:32:02 PM

Wow, amazing idea. How come I didn't think of this. Good luck man. I'll be checking this out for sure.
Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:49:58 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 11:29:02 AM by Flying Hellfish

Wow, amazing idea. How come I didn't think of this. Good luck man. I'll be checking this out for sure.

Thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate it!!

I am going to offer the first 10 confirmed purchases via BTC Talk an extra 1% on top of the listed BitBates.  Post in this thread you made a purchase (no details please just say something like, "Purchase made - email sent") then send us an email or PM here and when the BitBates are calculated and paid we will add 1% extra for you!!
Flying Hellfish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:21:27 PM

Bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: