Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:12:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **IMPORTANT**URGENT** Support needed to defend the stance of bitcoin in India  (Read 8273 times)
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:41:59 PM

I started this thread thinking I may be able to get some help from community but I was somewhat wrong. The way this thread has progressed combined with news from btcxindia has confused indian bitcoin community and stakeholders. And wrong things are getting picked up by press/media.

Few things I have tried to make it clear but the question keeps coming up non stop in here and in other threads in reply to comments:

1. Till now, No data from Unocoin or its customers has been given to any officials. They have not even been asked for.

2. there is no relation to the topic of this thread and what happend with btcxindia as far as i know. All our banking relations are secure.

3. bitcoin is not illegal in india and bitcoin is unregulated in india as of now. If you are doing something illegal, irrespective of whether you use bitcoin or not, it is seen as illegal by law. Also if you want to do something illegal, bitcoin will be the last thing you would want to use. You could get away with it today or for next few years, but as technology continues to improve and as new challenges get faced to enforce law / bring compliance, you could get traced back caught sometime down the line.

4. I continue to put my best possible efforts to safe guard the interests of bitcoin community in India. period.

Our next step is to have one more meeting and try to see if we can close our discussions and if it still looks like it gonna continue, we will just engage our lawyers and we will get back to continue building our business. We have considered changing our approach based on the feedback of our well wishers and stake holders suggesting there is no point in dealing this ourselves.

This thread did help me get some important connections (who IMed me instead of writing here directly) - thanks for that.

Given these, i do not see any open questions that i still can answer/disclose. If you have any concerns as long as it is related to bitcoin or unocoin, please send me an IM and I am happy to address them. This thread will be locked for now.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████