Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:30:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459  (Read 62151 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:18:49 AM

Now i realize why locking a thread is a great idea. :-P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:23:02 AM

Apologies. I do indeed get carried away when I am confronted with silliness. It's a sickness.

Someone is always wrong on the internet.

HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:09:03 AM

Apologies. I do indeed get carried away when I am confronted with silliness. It's a sickness.

Someone is always wrong on the internet.
That can't be right,  Grin

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:26:45 AM

If the FBI considers this an illegal money laundering operation they will just seize any coins under proceeds of crime legislation.

How does one seize a wallet inside a true crypt hidden volume? Or a brain wallet?

How does one seize a wallet inside a True Crypt file?  Imprison the suspect until he or she tells them the password.  Authorities will of course ask for the hidden volume password too (they've not stupid), so the suspect had better be prepared to hand it over too.  I hope they have a hidden volume, as if they don't they can't prove a negative.  What if the suspect refuses?  Hold the suspect in detention until they agree.  Withholding passwords to encrypted information is a criminal offense in some countries (like England).

Brain wallet?  Maybe if the user can memorise the entire wallet.dat.

They really don't even have to do that. In many fraud cases, sentences are reduced if the criminal cooperates and returns funds. If he's convicted, lock him up for 10 years, or 5 if he returns the money.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:47:17 AM

If the FBI considers this an illegal money laundering operation they will just seize any coins under proceeds of crime legislation.

How does one seize a wallet inside a true crypt hidden volume? Or a brain wallet?

How does one seize a wallet inside a True Crypt file?  Imprison the suspect until he or she tells them the password.  Authorities will of course ask for the hidden volume password too (they've not stupid), so the suspect had better be prepared to hand it over too.  I hope they have a hidden volume, as if they don't they can't prove a negative.  What if the suspect refuses?  Hold the suspect in detention until they agree.  Withholding passwords to encrypted information is a criminal offense in some countries (like England).

They really don't even have to do that. In many fraud cases, sentences are reduced if the criminal cooperates and returns funds. If he's convicted, lock him up for 10 years, or 5 if he returns the money.

So, what you're saying is, for years 6-10, he's earning ~$1mil per year?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:05:34 AM

pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459

Result: 11 pages of speculations and only ONE! report of payment?
Pleas lock this thread and update it only, when someone sends you a PM confirming he has received the stolen BTC.

Even better, start a new thread and rename this one to something it deserves Smiley "Old women at the market...." ?

off-topic from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82573.msg1156014#msg1156014
If any of you are in Texas http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx and search for: 429-00521-2011
Enjoy

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 07:49:29 AM

Interesting.

Looks like Mr. Shavers was having money issues.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

I wish people did this doxing before handing over 5 million dollars.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 09:02:03 AM

I wish people did this doxing before handing over 5 million dollars.

those of us that gave a shit did. ;p

I looked him up when I first thought about investing back in Feb or March.....

We would like to assume anyone preparing to hand over any substantial amount of funds would do the same..  Cry

If any of you are in Texas http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx and search for: 429-00521-2011
Enjoy
[/i]

That case is stupid. He was severed from the upcoming trial here;
429-04263-2011

there are much more interesting cases of eviction, forclosure and check fraud if you search for them...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:52:47 PM

Interesting.

Looks like Mr. Shavers was having money issues.

It is labor day which is a bank holdiay.  That must be the reason.  I am sure the big payments are coming tomorrow.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 05:54:45 PM

Give me a break. You use the internet don't you? Do all of the shady things (I don't think we need examples) happening on the internet prevent you from using it?

For every scam, you should double your efforts to participate in two legitimate Bitcoin related businesses. Or would you rather give up an amazing tool because someone has decided to use it for something you don't like?

FYI: I'm on it.

But I wish it was that easy. The problem is once I start to do business I have other people involved some of which never heard of Bitcoin, and if they look it up, independently of what I tell them (what they do) and find it unsuited because of bad publicity I am fucked.
The next thing is that how society works, if this gets worse I could be guilty by association. Before that happens I'd deal in fiat, or join an effort to create another system. This hasn't happened yet so I'll stick to BTC, never the less I am pissed.
Not necessary just on pirate and the other scammers but on the idiots who are so blinded by greed that they fall for everything.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:09:48 PM

Give me a break. You use the internet don't you? Do all of the shady things (I don't think we need examples) happening on the internet prevent you from using it?

For every scam, you should double your efforts to participate in two legitimate Bitcoin related businesses. Or would you rather give up an amazing tool because someone has decided to use it for something you don't like?

But I wish it was that easy. The problem is once I start to do business I have other people involved some of which never heard of Bitcoin, and if they look it up, independently of what I tell them (what they do) and find it unsuited because of bad publicity I am fucked.
The next thing is that how society works, if this gets worse I could be guilty by association. Before that happens I'd deal in fiat, or join an effort to create another system. This hasn't happened yet so I'll stick to BTC, never the less I am pissed.
Not necessary just on pirate and the other scammers but on the idiots who are so blinded by greed that they fall for everything.

This thread on Eve Online is the perfect example: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1857843

General public thinks Bitcoin itself is a scam, not just Pirate.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:41:23 PM

It is good to see that people are finally starting to realize that pirated40 did not just fuck those who invested in his scam but everyone who uses Bitcoin.
We all got fucked by this asshole pirateat40. Every btc miner, every btc enthusiast, every person who likes BTC.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 07:09:09 PM

It is good to see that people are finally starting to realize that pirated40 did not just fuck those who invested in his scam but everyone who uses Bitcoin.
We all got fucked by this asshole pirateat40. Every btc miner, every btc enthusiast, every person who likes BTC.

+1000

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 07:22:38 PM

I personally think Bitcoin is too much of a game changer to simply fail because of ignorant Bitcoin users and ignorant potential Bitcoin users. (Anyone who blames Bitcoin itself for the various scams that crop up is ignorant.)

Again it's not that easy. Somebody who has never done online business (the best clientele for what I am planning) isn't going to look up the technicalities in detail and will probably look at the wikipedia article and any third-party stories which pop up. Right now the pirate story is on the front page of google, and thank god there are other more interesting ones, nevertheless I think there will be questions once it gets to the point, and should the front page be filled with this kind of stuff, guess what, they gonna tell me: "Nah we would rather do that on ebay."
Sp0tter

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:52:21 PM

Getting kicked from his silly channel seems to be a nice right of passage. I am glad I can say I was banned too.

Join all the other  banned in ##btcst-open

We grow every day!  Smiley

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

+1

It is evident all over this community atleast. Apparent in the posts of usually objectionable people who have turned against their fellow bitcoiners......

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
evanesce

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:51:09 PM

I once got scammed by someone named "manipulator". Taught me my lesson back then to not get scammed by this pirate douchebag.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:28:42 PM

I once got scammed by someone named "manipulator". Taught me my lesson back then to not get scammed by this pirate douchebag.

+1 same here; I got scammed by a shady named shades minoco (Andrew Nollan - shakaru), that $200 has left a sour taste in my mouth.
but then again my nickname doesn't look too good either  Roll Eyes

Signature space available for rent.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:43:36 PM

+1 same here; I got scammed by a shady named shades minoco (Andrew Nollan - shakaru), that $200 has left a sour taste in my mouth.
but then again my nickname doesn't look too good either  Roll Eyes

I nearly bought a 2Ghash/s mining contract from that rampant twatsicle.
Very glad I stayed away...

So, what you're saying is, for years 6-10, he's earning ~$1mil per year?

IF it turns out to be a ponzi he will have a lot less than 5 million left. That is just how ponzis work.
Will he?
Do we actually know how much he took in? I'd wager it was over 500k.

Pleas lock this thread and update it only, when someone sends you a PM confirming he has received the stolen BTC.

Even better, start a new thread and rename this one to something it deserves Smiley "Old women at the market...." ?

off-topic from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82573.msg1156014#msg1156014
Enjoy

^Can't someone use this info to sue him directly in Texas?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: