Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459  (Read 62151 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 06:38:35 PM

Does anyone have trouble with 'show new replies to your posts'? Every thread I have ever posted in shows up, and doesnt go away after I 'check' them
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 12:25:31 AM

I have shared pic's. Not public though... Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 09:28:42 PM

So has there been any news on the original thread?

assuming no one else has been repaid.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 01:53:28 PM

Cry

more or less retired.
evanesce

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:02:50 PM

You'll never see a refund

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:30:52 PM

Guys, it was a scam from day one. I've got all the confirmation I need on this. I'll be posting a larger update soon.
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:33:11 PM

Guys, it was a scam from day one. I've got all the confirmation I need on this. I'll be posting a larger update soon.

When was day one?
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:45:22 PM

When was day one?

Before he even started. It was premeditated.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:55:17 PM

When was day one?

Before he even started. It was premeditated.
I'm not surprised. I came to the same conclusion back in June, I think. Of course, you have more information to work from.

SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 08:12:15 PM

Have you decided against the larger update? I was expecting a smoking gun of some sort.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:12:19 PM

Have you decided against the larger update? I was expecting a smoking gun of some sort.

Bah, I'm busy with moving on with my life right now. But I should give up the info:

Basically I had a long chat with his last employer, who is a great guy but flat out told me that Trendon is a total con man. He stole money from the company (The Lending Partners) in a wide variety of ways. He headed up IT there and routed orders through his "personal" account, which was just a trick for him to skim off the top of all the orders. Eventually he started charging pirated software, and then ultimately just made up reams of fake orders to steal directly from the company. He ended up stealing tens of thousands before they figured it all out. Unfortunately, before they figured it out, he had also borrowed about 13K from the company's owner (apparently he was very convincing, and sometimes did bizarre "random acts of kindness" and was "charming" when necessary), and when he finally threatened Trendon with legal action Trendon just told him that he was planning on declaring bankruptcy and that he had no assets - so they dropped the case.

The guy is a compulsive liar with a massive fantasy-based ego as well. Before they fired him, they noticed he would say all kinds of bullshit like that he went to MIT for a year (fake), he was a pool hustler (he could barely play), an amazing blackjack player (barely knew anything), as basketball superstar (could barely play) etc, etc. It got to the point where he lied so much that everyone in the office thought it was almost funny: they'd say "what'd Trendon make up this week?"

He even asked the owner for 2 million at one point, telling him he could turn it into 3 million in ~one week~ - but he wouldn't tell him any details, including who it would go to or anything! When I told him about btcst and what is going on, he said not only was he not surprised, but he said along the lines of "this was where it had to go because he just can't help himself, he has to feed his ego. He's a con man, it's who he is." He called the delays/excuses "classic Trendon" and said he pulled the exact same shit when he was asked to repay the company.

I suppose a die-hard would say my conversation is not 100% proof that btcst was a scam, but after hearing this character reference from a trustworthy source, combined with everything else that has happened, I'd say the chances of him repaying are about as likely as me jumping 10 stories high (hey, Trendon can do it! really!)

Too bad they didn't get him the first time. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of pain and loss.
evanesce

Activity: 164

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:21:54 PM

I believe most of this, if not all.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 11:43:50 PM

I'd say the chances of him repaying are about as likely as me jumping 10 stories high (hey, Trendon can do it! really!)

I can jump higher than a 10 story building.

(How many 10 story buildings do you know that can even jump at all?)

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
grubles

Activity: 180

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:46:00 PM

BrightAnarchist: You had said something previously about knowing 'with near certainty' that pirateat40 has 10% of the coins left. Any info on that?

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:55:51 PM

BrightAnarchist: You had said something previously about knowing 'with near certainty' that pirateat40 has 10% of the coins left. Any info on that?

I was just following the coins from the deposit addresses. They move in a very bizarre manner, not like normal transactions, but more like deliberate laundering. Basically, one address moves coins sequentially from one address to another (very rapidly, looks scripted), and after each hop a very tiny amount of coins is split off into another address. After hundreds of hops it finally gets to the point where the coins reach 0 and a "leaf" is found. Then all of the tiny addresses recombine later into large accounts.

Here are some of the stashes, you can follow your nose from input addresses to reach these points:

This one has 40K BTC in it:
https://blockchain.info/address/1BqcwhKevdBKeos72b8E32Swjrp4iDVnjP

Another big one with about 7K BTC, coins are still moving (it's ALIVE!):
https://blockchain.info/address/1NuTLFADAHJZqUQ9ogAqroCzDhsGjV5vyE

Again, inputs from BTCST can be directly traced here, and the path definitely does not look like a series of "natural" transactions, but definitely deliberate laundering. Walk the chain yourself, it's boring but you'll see what I mean pretty quick.

I guess we can't be 100% certain though I suppose, so I apologize if saying that was too hasty, but honestly what's the point of a scam if there's no profit? He's got something (although certainly not 500K lol). It's just common sense.
Mitchow

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:27:36 AM

I've been following this story for quite a while now, and I was hoping to ask: is he in prison yet? If not, how has he avoided the law for so long?
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 04:08:59 AM

I've been following this story for quite a while now, and I was hoping to ask: is he in prison yet? If not, how has he avoided the law for so long?

Haha in the world of Bitcoin, avoiding the law for 3 months is "so long" and people expect investigations and trials and appeals and incarceration to take just a few days.
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 04:22:48 AM

Yeah, it doesn't quite work like you see on NTSF:SD:SUV:: or any other criminal justice drama. It's sloooooow.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:59:15 AM

Bah, I'm busy with moving on with my life right now. But I should give up the info:

Basically I had a long chat with his last employer, who is a great guy but flat out told me that Trendon is a total con man. He stole money from the company (The Lending Partners) in a wide variety of ways. He headed up IT there and routed orders through his "personal" account, which was just a trick for him to skim off the top of all the orders. Eventually he started charging pirated software, and then ultimately just made up reams of fake orders to steal directly from the company. He ended up stealing tens of thousands before they figured it all out. Unfortunately, before they figured it out, he had also borrowed about 13K from the company's owner (apparently he was very convincing, and sometimes did bizarre "random acts of kindness" and was "charming" when necessary), and when he finally threatened Trendon with legal action Trendon just told him that he was planning on declaring bankruptcy and that he had no assets - so they dropped the case.

The guy is a compulsive liar with a massive fantasy-based ego as well. Before they fired him, they noticed he would say all kinds of bullshit like that he went to MIT for a year (fake), he was a pool hustler (he could barely play), an amazing blackjack player (barely knew anything), as basketball superstar (could barely play) etc, etc. It got to the point where he lied so much that everyone in the office thought it was almost funny: they'd say "what'd Trendon make up this week?"

He even asked the owner for 2 million at one point, telling him he could turn it into 3 million in ~one week~ - but he wouldn't tell him any details, including who it would go to or anything! When I told him about btcst and what is going on, he said not only was he not surprised, but he said along the lines of "this was where it had to go because he just can't help himself, he has to feed his ego. He's a con man, it's who he is." He called the delays/excuses "classic Trendon" and said he pulled the exact same shit when he was asked to repay the company.

I suppose a die-hard would say my conversation is not 100% proof that btcst was a scam, but after hearing this character reference from a trustworthy source, combined with everything else that has happened, I'd say the chances of him repaying are about as likely as me jumping 10 stories high (hey, Trendon can do it! really!)

Too bad they didn't get him the first time. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of pain and loss.

This is priceless. Nice job.

I was just following the coins from the deposit addresses. They move in a very bizarre manner, not like normal transactions, but more like deliberate laundering. Basically, one address moves coins sequentially from one address to another (very rapidly, looks scripted), and after each hop a very tiny amount of coins is split off into another address. After hundreds of hops it finally gets to the point where the coins reach 0 and a "leaf" is found. Then all of the tiny addresses recombine later into large accounts.

Here are some of the stashes, you can follow your nose from input addresses to reach these points:

This one has 40K BTC in it:
https://blockchain.info/address/1BqcwhKevdBKeos72b8E32Swjrp4iDVnjP

Another big one with about 7K BTC, coins are still moving (it's ALIVE!):
https://blockchain.info/address/1NuTLFADAHJZqUQ9ogAqroCzDhsGjV5vyE

Again, inputs from BTCST can be directly traced here, and the path definitely does not look like a series of "natural" transactions, but definitely deliberate laundering. Walk the chain yourself, it's boring but you'll see what I mean pretty quick.

I guess we can't be 100% certain though I suppose, so I apologize if saying that was too hasty, but honestly what's the point of a scam if there's no profit? He's got something (although certainly not 500K lol). It's just common sense.

How are you tracking/tracing things ?
I, myself, can only stare at the blockchain.info site for so long till I go cross-eyed....lol
Good Info none the less.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:06:04 PM

would it be helpful to set up a database to collect creditor information and repayment address in the event any funds are recovered?

Anybody have any idea how that could possibly work??

Please no trolls.  This is a legitimate if your response to this is not adding value to the conversation, please refrain from posting.

Thank you. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: