Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:34:12 AM

If someone care to know: jobless rate depends only on tax level, welfare level, and red tape. These distort the labour market.

The government want you to believe that they have created all jobs (and hung up the moon), and that you will have to pay to the elites to fix the current problem.

Techology advances is not in the formula, except in the form of capital distortions. In some situations, the price of capital (including automatic machines) is too low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:44:46 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 12:56:59 AM by TPTB_need_war

Broken link. Doesn't work.

Did you check your Tor connection?  Wink

(of course I know what an .onion address is)

That is one of the reasons I said you were providing a good example on how to fail with an altcoin.

If you assumed your adopters all have Tor enabled or want to hassle with Tor just to read your link, then you have no clue whatsoever about marketing. Study the importance of attrition rate on new leads.

Besides Tor is compromised and arguably a honeypot. Why should I use it when it is telling the NSA to focus extra effort on tracking everything I do!

If we are going to fix the internet, we need to fix it so that is works well for regular people with a single-click, no hassles, and no technobabble.

The second reason is this. And the third reason is IMO the chosen name is good for a fantasy game but not a serious currency (but Doggiecoin may beg to differ).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:17:47 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 03:32:27 AM by TPTB_need_war

OROBTC, passive income (a.k.a. usury!) can't exist without the corruption that you want to cease. That is another example where you are falling into the trap of a dog chasing his own tail. I am confident you are smart enough to realize this once it is explained clearly to you. Passive income means you don't take an active role in determining whether the investment will be viable and you don't want to have any risk. Thus you implicitly require a public backstop (a power vacuum that must be captured by the banksters) because of the moral hazard it creates.

There is simply no way to retain passive income (a.k.a. usury!) and have prosperity. Passive income dies in the manner of this global economic collapse underway (ZIRP, NIRP, financial repression) where the moral hazard cancer has to kill the host because the entire paradigm is bankrupt.

There must be risk and active knowledge applied to your investments. Besides you will become incredibly more wealthy investing your money, but first you've got to make one very important change which has plagued your investment choices up to now.

Do NOT invest in that which you didn't personally understand from the get-go. Don't go follow some "groupthink" trying to sell you an idea which is psychologically fit to your pre-existing myopia. Here is an example of how you gold-bugs got hoodwinked. You really wanted passive income. Thus you were predisposed to being suckered with the illusion of "HODL". You were easily brainwashed into thinking it was a sure thing and very similar to passive income ("just HODL"!):

http://silverstockreport.com/

Quote from: Jason Hommel
Hey! The silver story is simple. Silver is rare. Paper dollars are not. Most silver ever mined has been consumed and used up by industry. Monetary demand for silver is at historic lows. Demand for silver, as protection from inflation, is returning. This is a restoration of monetary demand, first, as a form of savings. Later, silver will be used as a unit of account, and finally, as a medium of exchange. You can buy silver now, or slave for it later. Best to buy now.

I would buy BTC at the coming bottom (when both gold and BTC bottom over the next several months) some where in $100 - $150 range. You want to buy things when most others think it is dead (bcz we are confident Bitcoin is not dead, there is no replacement as a reserve currency of altcoins and the most liquid crypto-coin). That is the ideal price to buy when everyone else has capitulated.

Liquidity is a very important consideration when making an investment. The lower the liquidity, the more risky the investment. Gold is for example not highly liquid. We are relegated to a few dealers and the government can take down those dealers anytime. As you lamented, you can't buy gold at spot in the third world. Actually I found a foreigner in the Philippines who owns a refinery that processed ore from the small mines and was able to deal with him near spot, but this backfired on me because the government attacked him and I may yet again lose another $20,000 or so (I've lost $100,000+ from shady dealings and mistakes fooling around in gold, silver, and the options market, but my excuse is I was delirious with Multiple Sclerosis). So please stop telling me gold is more safe than Bitcoin. No way! (unless you don't intend to ever trade it then what use is it? it won't be able to help your kids, gold will become a relic which no one uses and only the large institutions of the NWO will use gold as an accounting but this won't enable you as an individual to cash out without being confiscated)

The idea of trading your gold to individuals for goods & services is a non-starter. Most people don't want, and if ever the collapse enticed people to accept your gold in trade, then you have the problem of being a marked man once you make one trade. It is unrealistic to expect people not to gossip. Crypto-currency is just so much more viable. I have used Bitcoin to pay for all the domains and hosting I needed for my new social network (I did that not because it is anonymous, which it isn't, but because the credit card company can't reverse the charge 6 months later and shut off my domains or site)

Then I would use small portions of that core BTC holding to invest in any altcoin or other crowdsourced investment that is a "no-brainer" from your own due diligence. Now when doing due diligence you need to check your own myopia at the door and be careful to be objective. Admit to yourself what you do not or can not know and predict and adjust your risk calculation accordingly.

Diversification means not just across asset classes, but also diversified bets on ventures.

For example, let's say I launched (serious, committed) work on an altcoin and you were a seed capitalist that took a very small stake because at that stage it is a more risky investment. Then let's say the project matured and was gaining adoption, then you might increase your investment by an order-of-magnitude. Then at some point, you start selling as it rises and back into BTC so you can make other investments.

Over time your experience as an investor will improve and you will be able to minimize the mistakes you've learned from.

Your greatest enemy is yourself. You want to HODL (sit back, be lazy, have it easy, and don't have to monitor your investments) and that is what is causing you to fail.

P.S. Please stop thinking Bitcoin will go to $10,000. Bitcoin is not likely to be a 100 bagger again (that is usually reserved for unknown things that grow big as when Bitcoin was $1). Set your sights for another run on $1000 and the next time be prepared to sell some as it rises and not get stuck HODLing too long. Remember the market cap at $1000 will be at least double what it was in 2013, because many new Bitcoins have been minted interim. Also if that $1000 comes in 2017, the dollar will be peaking so $1000 will be relatively speaking as a percentage of the global economy to be worth more than it was in 2013 (although the global economy will have shrunk considerably). I would perhaps sell 50% in that $1000 range, sell another 25% at $3000, etc..

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:19:01 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 10:00:25 AM by TPTB_need_war

All the BTC you are buying for investment, you should make sure you are sourcing and holding it anonymously. This is important for many reasons, and one reason is that if ever you seed capital invest in an anonymous altcoin development, then the developer may require your coins are anonymous (since otherwise the personal relationship may reveal who the developer is).

Let's brainstorm ways to acquire and hold BTC anonymously.

Do NOT rely on Tor to make your internet connection untraceable to you. Tor is known to be compromised by the NSA and The Five Eyes countries. I am confident this data will be shared with all nations in the future to track down "tax evaders and terrorists" (i.e. investors).

The simplest way I've used is to obtain an internet connection that can not be traced to me. So this means for example using a free WiFi in a public venue (e.g. McDonalds or public library or driving around to see who didn't put a password on their WiFi router) with a virgin computer (or Smartphone) that you haven't and will never use for other activities (because each computer has a footprint that can be seen online and thus correlated to your other identifiable activity on that same computer). Perhaps make sure the WiFi doesn't have surveillance cameras, or that these won't be archived long enough, but realistically the videos will probably never be reviewed for this sort of activity. An attractive alternative to public WiFi (which I have used) is to purchase a prepaid USB 3G dongle in some countries (such as Philippines) these don't have to be registered in your name. And to use that far from your house (because activity can be triangulated with cell phone towers to target your location and correlate activity from your home on other internet connections traceable to you).

Then ideally you need to purchase your Bitcoins in a manner that can't be traced to you. One way is a personal meetup arranged on Localbitcoins.com, but this is sort of risky (remember BurtW got caught in a sting and also you could get mugged). What I have done is use Localbitcoins.com to arrange that I make a bank deposit. Here in the Philippines, I can make a bank deposit without showing my id. Then make sure you use a fake name in Localbitcoins.com

An alternative to Localbitcoins.com is to purchase Monero coins on an exchange using your traceable internet connection. Then using your UNtraceable connection described above (because Monero does not make your connection anonymous!) then use Monero's one-time ring signatures mixing technology to obscure which coins on the blockchain are yours. This method is less absolutely anonymous than the Localbitcoins method, because there are some theories that Monero anonymity can be unmasked with some algorithms (I had contributed one such theory to their devs). But if you mixed and mixed over a period of months, I would say you'd probably be safe. Note Monero charges a transaction fee each time you mix.

Do not rely on centralized coin mixers a.k.a. tumblers or laundries. These can not be proven to be anonymous and are more likely to be honeypots. Plus research revealed most of them can be easily unmasked.

As for holding your BTC, I think the best would be an electronic wallet on Blockchain.info backed up with a paper wallet for all your private keys (maybe use a single hierarchal deterministic private key wallet system).

Hardware devices which could manage all this for you with one-click are coming...but I am not following the extent to which these are already available and viable. In theory, in the future you won't need to buy a computer, just one of these hardware devices and go to a public WiFi.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:21:44 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 02:48:15 AM by CoinCube

I can´t find income that does not come along with very high risk...  PASSIVE income being what I like best.

There is simply no way to retain passive income (a.k.a. usury!) and have prosperity. Passive income dies in the manner of this global economic collapse underway (ZIRP, NIRP, financial repression) where the moral hazard cancer has to kill the host because the entire paradigm is bankrupt.

There must be risk and active knowledge applied to your investments.

Had to reply to this one because after arguing with TPTB for what seems like forever we have finally returned to an area where we completely agree.

My favorite quote from Understand Everything Fundamentally

We don't realize we are stealing from each other (and ourself) via failure of fitness when we pool and centralize our capital with debt, bonds, insurance, and centralized governance, then we are astonished that the system steals, express consternation, deny culpability, and thus reach for ‘solutions’ which are more of the same poison.

TPTB you put this in quotes. I am curious who is the source?

Since this is a thread on practical solutions, however, and some readers may have an interest in carrying the scorpion over the river. One possibility is government bonds. Thirty year US treasuries for a few years and before transferring to Asian bonds Hong Kong or Singapore for a few more.

Problem is you need an exit strategy as this is a plan predicated on the greater fool theory. Success requires finding another frog before reaching the middle of the river and once you do you are back in the same bind that you were when you started.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:34:52 AM

TPTB you put this in quotes. I am curious who is the source?

Either I was quoting my past writings some where, or more likely I just did the quotes for emphasis as if I was verbalizing in the present to the reader separately from the main text.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:53:14 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 05:58:19 AM by TPTB_need_war

Thirty year US treasuries for a few years and before transferring to Asian bonds Hong Kong or Singapore for a few more.

...Success requires finding another frog before reaching the middle of the river and once you do you are back in the same bind that you were when you started.

Do not do this with monetary capital that you desire to be anonymous and immune to confiscation. Do this only as a ruse to establish legitimacy to the authorities that you have some skin in their game and you paint yourself as lower middleclass with small bond investments. Also the same criticism that was leveled upthread against Singapore's corrupt ("the Club" and "you ain't in it") city-state applies to Asia in general. The Taipans intend to remain in top-down control. You will find that I am trying to disrupt the Taipans from the bottom-up (which will be explained more in my next post).

Confiscation likely through excessive taxation such as a perhaps coming net worth tax as the "99% attack the 1%" which will really mean the "0.01% attack the 50%" middleclass with the remaining impoverished 49.99% to fall into NWO slavery.

Any capital that you want to be anonymous, you need to be moving into anonymity carefully now (or when BTC bottoms but you must test your methods now and be ready). You need to use physical cash as the vehicle while physical cash is still available (is being quickly phased out). You get one chance to transfer your net worth into the crypto-currency Knowledge Age. The stampede into it will come later and you want to be in before that.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/30199

This world that we’re plunging into was vividly illustrated to me 2 days ago when a person in front of me at the register paid for an 80 cent candy bar with plastic. For some reason, everything you write about came into place when I saw that and my heart sank to below the bottom of the ocean.

The authorities can see your original holdings, they can ask what happened to them. If you have anonymous gains (e.g. BTC from $100 to $1000), they won't know this if you can say the private keys were lost or stolen.

Much better they never knew you acquired BTC (i.e. the Localbitcoins method I described), then you can claim you were holding that income as physical cash but you've spent the cash interim (or the cash was canceled so you discarded it).

This is yet another reason I argue against physical gold as a large holding. How can you justify to the authorities you spent that? They know it is unrealistic to spend gold in large quantities, and you must sell to a dealer. They will demand receipts, otherwise punish you.

The authorities can see your income, e.g. OROBTC's (family business) auto parts store revenue.

P.S. OROBTC did you say before you also have a ball bearing factory?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:46:50 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 10:14:42 AM by TPTB_need_war

I am going to take the time to explain in more detail, because I am going to go ahead and test the waters for Private Placement (unofficially qualified investors) seed capital for crypto-currency below...

Many of us seem to be increasingly content with being spoon-fed and unwittingly institutionalized - a comforting cotton-wool return to infancy in effect. It's ironic that what was once promised to be an infinite choice of options in the marketplace has actually been directed into a seemingly amiable authoritarian guiding hand towards consumer “decisions”; an illusion of choice.

So, with your new social media site you are striving to encourage users to be less passive and more creatively interactive, and I guess enjoy an ultimately more rewarding experience – bottom up rather than top down, yes?

The economics have been skewed and skewered by the collectivism.

For example of my current site which is more dating focused initially (bcz generalized social networking needs large membership), some large percent (90%?) of foreigners in East-West filipina dating scene, immediately request in their first communication, "may I have your skype or fb" (fb = facebook). What this means is they want to see the lady more clearly and possibly they just want some fun (i.e. a friendly chat or camsex). There is a discord between what the marriage-minded filipinas want and what the super majority of foreigners want. Perhaps a super majority of those foreigners aren't even capable of establishing a committed relationship (for numerous reasons, including they may already married, have insufficient savings to travel to Asia, psychologically addicted to masturbating on cams, etc).

So what ends up happening is the filipinas try to go along somewhat, but they burnout and eventually fall away from the East-West dating scene. After all, the sincere filipinas are big losers, as they've had to fund the internet access and time wasted chatting with guys who were never going to help better their lives. They walk away the worse off, except for the experience gained which is causing a future generation of filipinos who hate foreigners. In the worst outcomes, many filipinas are used for sex only from a foreigner who was promising marriage and some end up impregnated and the foreigner has fled (which the NWO is going to of course take advantage of to track down those foreigners and enslave them later).

There are also the filipinas who know how to play this game and they scam the foreigners instead. But they can't scam the ones above who are scamming the good filipinas, instead they end up scamming the few good sincere foreigners in the dating scene.

This is a mess. I had set out to fix this in 2010, but got sidetracked by my illness.

Note even the top filipina dating sites (e.g. Filipinocupid.com) only allow 5 photos on each profile, so we guys had a legitimate reason to request the Facebook account so we could see more pics. But my site allows unlimited photos per profile, same as Facebook, so then the guy no longer has a justifiable reason to request the ladies' Facebook.

The foreigners have become accustomed to using these free social networks (Skype, Facebook, Viber, Wechat, Yahoo Messenger, etc) and they demand the ladies to go there and chat them at no financial compensation to the lady for her time and effort. The ladies initially do this as they are so excited about the possibility of marrying a foreigner (more handsome and better life). And they sincerely want to make a family and have children. This is not golddigging. And in fact, filipina culture is that they don't want to ask for money because they believe love is not based in money. And so they sacrifice everything for love.

So what I've realized is that to fix this, I need to educate the filipinas to refuse to chat in free venues. And to demand that any foreigner that wants to chat them must do so in my site wherein the foreigner must pay a very minimal amount which is shared with the ladies in order to give them some help with their expenses. Filipinas don't even have enough money for their basic daily needs and then traveling to and renting a seat in a netcafe (or maintaining internet connectivity on their phone) is an extra expense they really can't afford. So if the serious guys will pay a little amount that is shared with the ladies then the ladies will be online more and the entire economics will be improved a lot. Imagine if we charge say 10 cents per videochat minute (messaging is free), then a 30 minute chat is less expensive than what the guy spends on his lunch or the daily dogfood. If the lady is less important than his lunch or dogfood, then he isn't really serious to that lady and is wasting her time. Also by being free, he can be playboy to 100s of ladies fooling them all at the same time (yes they really do this!).

When I explained it that way to a few of the ladies to test their reaction, they said, "why didn't you do this years ago!". They immediately got it and agreed. They realized that having the site legitimize a daily income from dating interaction, is not gold digging because the foreigner know exactly what he is paying and will not be subject to unexpected financial requests. It is a much superior system because all problems of mismatch between supply and demand are resolved by economics (e.g. the more sincere guys won't be competing against the insincere ones who don't want to pay and the insincere ones will pay for what they value enough to pay for, even if it is camsex). And don't think most filipinas will get induced into camsex this way. No! The minimal payment is not enough to incentivize a filipina to embarrass herself and degrade her values. The ladies who do that camsex stuff, will request a higher per minute payment (5 cents a min is not enough!).

So I will make a video for new female members of my site to watch.

If this strategy will be successful, then the word will spread and the ladies will quit the free dating sites (and paid ones that don't share revenue with the ladies) and also stop using free social networking for new dating contacts (only use the free social networking for their family and long  standing friends).

In this way, I can force the economic change now and start to kill the banksters' paradigm.

Also my intention is to use a similar type of clever disruptive strategy to morph my site into not only dating but also general social networking. It is time to put economics back into social networking and get people off these time wasting addictions which are destroying themselves and the world! Btw I chose a site name which is not dating specific. It is a _____.asia domain but I also have the _____asia.com name to and both redirect to the same site.

I appreciate the financial imperative of fixing finances before resuming the crypto project.

One of my objectives is to have a mainstream reportable income, so I can justify to authorities my lifestyle expenses.

I'd like to think that enough people understand that an effective anonymous crypto so much needs to happen that they (a proportion at least of the, was it 60k followers on here?) would crowd-fund you even without any promises. I can see that even if you developed one anonymously, and if such a crypto were to appear and disrupt the best laid plans of the-powers-that-be, you would be high on the list of “suspects”. A tricky one. But who will achieve the “right” altcoin in time for the late 2017(?) USA down turn if you don't? A collaboration appeared tantalizingly close for a while; is that still remotely achievable, or out of the question? I can understand the urgency of non-compromise. It would be kind of elegant if Kim Dotcom could embrace a project like this, and keep hands-off?

The idea of what I want to work on would actually synergize with and help Bitcoin, Monero, and all coins and internet activity be more anonymous. There will actually be an altcoin tied in with this, but it will be a competitive ecosystem where other coins can participate.

In short, a win-win, synergistic plan. I like those. Grin

I am going to now test the waters to see if we have enough seed capital that is interested.

What should happen is that first there are a few guys who provide seed capital (so I have operating capital and focus more on the crypto-currency and less on the social networking project) and then I put in the effort the thresh out all the finer details and specification, then can go to an anonymous crowdsourcing stage where all the details have been professionally explained. The crowdsourcing could be used to return some of the seed capital invested, if we decided that is the agreement.

The social networking site needs to be completed and already be on autopilot before the crowdfunding stage, then after that it is 95% time focused on competing and launching the crypto-currency project.

So I will now offer a request for those who are capable of investing $10,000 in seed capital, to please contact me now on Bitmessage. My Bitmessage public key is below. You can download and run Bitmessage on any Windows computer (but not Windows 8 as it is spyware, Windows 7, Vista, or best is XP). Please try to use a computer that you are reasonably sure isn't littered with viruses (that would ruin the anonymity Bitmessage offers).

BM-2cVBYC5ABoBmG7Rx5QZWZbw2z395RqLNMN (this is not a Bitcoin address)

If I decide to go forward after private discussions (on the specifics of the investment and plans), then those seed capitalists will be told the name of my social network (so they can evaluate my recent work performance) and many other details that I am not revealing in public here.

I would evaluate carefully whether I think i can trust the seed capitalists to protect my anonymity w.r.t. to the proposed crypto project (obviously my identity is not hidden from anyone on this forum who really wants to know it).

I am not promising to proceed this way. I am testing the waters and trying to evaluate what is the most efficient way to achieve our goals.

The problem with direct collaboration with for example Monero or Skycoin, is that they have some different ideas and priorities. Much better if I create something which helps all the coins and then after they can start to see the vision I have in action and then the synergies would become more apparent and realizable.

It is best not to argue and instead go make accomplishments that turn your skeptics into your allies.

username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 04:54:08 AM

Besides Tor is compromised and arguably a honeypot. Why should I use it when it is telling the NSA to focus extra effort on tracking everything I do!

Great Empire of Earth > United States of America

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:45:55 AM

It is very late for me now, and I will have more proper responses later to you TPTB.  Although you are AT LEAST partly right about passive income NOT being risk-free, the whole "usury" idea treads back into the philosophical & definitional waters I now want to decline to enter..., for now anyway.  FOFOA (whose ideas I imagine you would hate) also raised that same point: passive income is risky.

We own a smallish ball bearing import company in Peru, mostly dedicated to the automotive replacement parts sector (esp. for Korean cars).  That´s why I am still here (even though it is after our daughter´s wedding, smile).  We live in the USA.

I´ll have to read your various other points when my eyes are not glazed over, I had a loooonnnngggg day.  Productive though.

Pawn shops are a great place (in the USA, pay w/ cash) to get a "clean" computer for cheap that you would only use for BTC... 

Smiley 

Yes re Big Mac and libraries, etc. (10 miles from home, say, and vary your routines) re wifi.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:50:05 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 06:26:50 AM by TPTB_need_war

FOFOA (whose ideas I imagine you would hate)

He banned me from his forum several years ago and everything we argued about silver, I ended up being correct on the actual outcome. Wink

even though it is after our daughter´s wedding, smile

Seems you have attained significant satisfaction that your daughter has formed a union with a good man.

Women are going to need to start learning to choose men based on their reliability and not the following The False Life Plan.

Which is essentially what I am trying to do to empower the filipinas in the East-West dating scene, so they can attain that goal while also reforming/filtering the foreigners via economics.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 05:57:55 AM

In this way, I can force the economic change now and start to kill the banksters' paradigm.

If you are publicly sharing your plot against the "banksters" (TPTB_need_war ), doesn't the reality of your still being alive to do so necessarily imply that your efforts will not (significantly) compromise their efforts?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:02:39 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 10:09:33 AM by TPTB_need_war

If you are publicly sharing your plot against the "banksters" (TPTB_need_war ), doesn't the reality of your still being alive to do so necessarily imply that your efforts will not compromise their efforts (to any significant degree)?

If ever my social network attains sufficient popularity for the banksters to notice, there will be dozens of others vying to copy my idea and the banksters will thus be fighting a virus they can't defeat.

Ditto my strategy for crypto-currency. But it is more helpful to be anonymous in that case, because I actually want the money involved (coins owned) to be anonymous. In the case of the social network, I want the profit earned to be publicly declarable.

The concept of trying to "winner take all" is the antithesis of success and prosperity. All those fools who thought Bitcoin would "winner take all" conquer the world. Analogous to dogs chasing their tails, they wish for the poison that enables what they think they are trying to defeat.  Roll Eyes

I explained this in the Skycoin thread.

THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:03:36 AM

TPTB, thank you for clarifying many points and providing highly practical and informative insight into your projects. I'm cheered (on a depressing day when the UK has elected in a Conservative majority govt.) by your decision to seek seed capital.
username18333

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 06:05:01 PM

TPTB, thank you for clarifying many points and providing highly practical and informative insight into your projects. I'm cheered (on a depressing day when the UK has elected in a Conservative majority govt.) by your decision to seek seed capital.

Anunnaki have ceased your government, but irrelevent efforts to annoy them bring you glee‽  Angry

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:02:58 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 07:14:11 PM by OROBTC

[TPTB, financial commentary later, I was fascinated by your link on many women´s bad choices]

Highy recommended reading everyone, TPTB´s False Plan link above.

TPTB, that was a most excellent essay on the False Life Plan that I have also seen in person as well.  I have seen so many young women fall for the cads, who then go on to dump them, yet they (the women) have this idea that they are still as marketable as before...

This reminds me of one very high-class woman (that we saw at the wedding party here, I had last seen her some 30 years ago) of about 50 or so (maybe younger) who has preserved herself very well, in fact she is beautiful.  I do not know the circumstances of her own failed marriage (two kids, pity in that sense for her).  Later, I thought over the single guys I knew at roughly her or my ages to see is there might be a "fit".  Well, LOL (?), NONE of the guys I know are even in her class (maybe I have crappy friends, ha ha).  She DOES have the baggage of her two children (which most Western men don´t want to deal with), so she may be single for the rest of her life.

Our daughter is kind-of pushy, but she has no tolerance of low-class scum.  Her husband is an electrical engineer now with the US Patent & Trademark Office (after having worked at Eaton to pay off his student loans).

He is more or less a country boy who is strong (works out, ran a Spartan Race once) and has traditional values.  Yes, he can shoot guns, smile,,,  If he can handle our daughter´s moodiness (probably can), things should work out.  We like him.

I think that our daughter has the proper thinking re avoiding the scummy (but yummy?) types analyzed in the essay.

Bravo!

EDIT: 

FOFOA will ban argumentative people who go after him, LOL.  But, I do NOT remember him EVER being a "silver guy", he always way-preferred gold.  He does not even like the idea of precious metals diversification (no Ag, no Pt, etc.).
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:28:21 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 08:51:24 PM by OROBTC

TBTB wrote:

There must be risk and active knowledge applied to your investments. Besides you will become incredibly more wealthy investing your money, but first you've got to make one very important change which has plagued your investment choices up to now.

Do NOT invest in that which you didn't personally understand from the get-go. Don't go follow some "groupthink" trying to sell you an idea which is psychologically fit to your pre-existing myopia. Here is an example of how you gold-bugs got hoodwinked. You really wanted passive income. Thus you were predisposed to being suckered with the illusion of "HODL". You were easily brainwashed into thinking it was a sure thing and very similar to passive income ("just HODL"!):

You are correct on two important things in my snip of your remarks above:

1)  The times I speculated w/ S&P 500 puts in the autumn, about six times long ago (stock market crashes typically happen in the fall) all caused me to lose at least some of my money in each.  I was younger and thought I was "smart".  Well, I hardly ever gamble in casinos anymore, nor put money into risky things I feel that I do not understand.  "Been there, done that."

2)  Groupthink is indeed a killer.  I have proven that to myself as well in earlier stock purchases: "story stocks" -- sounded good in the Business Week article!

Yet my thinking is different from yours in a couple of ways.  First, I believe in long-term thinking, and I am not certain that the Knowledge Age will unfold exactly as you presume (although I think there is a good chance that it will).  I do not know what is going to happen, nor even do you!  (Ex: your MS, perhaps a bolt from the blue, uh, I know ZIP about MS).

I am highly diversified, more so than perhaps anyone else I personally know.  I have assets "here and there" in lots of places.

I have mentioned to you "diversification" as much as you have mentioned to CoinCube and me "Marxism" and "entropy".  And based on the intricate comments that both you and CC have the latter two terms, I think "diversification" is far easier to understand (and has a sounder statistical basis re safer investment returns) than betting one´s life (and children´s?) on coding, etc.  As well as for most people, even smarter ones...

Granted, the highest and best role of genius (presuming for the moment that you are/will be one of the great creators of wealth) is indeed to WORK irregardless of health & women (to say nothing of wine & song...).  So, if you are single and working on something that will "be a game changer", then, yeah, well, CODE, boy!  (j/k)

But, if you are a Tax Donkey like me with no really special skills, then a sensible diversification, which includes preparation for an UGLY DOWNSIDE that may come, I will take my own path...  
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:27:43 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 09:39:19 PM by TPTB_need_war

Anunnaki have ceased your government, but irrelevent efforts to annoy them bring you glee‽  Angry

Unless you raise your level of cryptic communication to a plane in which we can have a practical dialogue on practical actions we can do to protect ourselves in the coming global economic upheaval, then this will be my last attempt to coax you into communicating with me (and us) in a way that is not ignored.

As best as I can surmise from your most recent posts (e.g. this from a new thread you created and our debate in the other thread), you are thinking about some sort of fantasy wherein people will in a "groupthink" change how  they interact with money (i.e. forsake their inherent, natural individual motives in exchange for the "benefit"[1] of the group) and this will invalidate governments, and we will be in some kind of new nirvana paradigm. And you apparently think my efforts for building the anonymity we need to hide from the government (and the ignorant masses who embellish themselves in the selfishly-motivated, yet groupthink sustained collectivism) is simply annoying the government and not addressing the root challenge of changing how people interact with money. Or something like that, but I am just guessing because you never write specifically and in detail what you mean. Instead you enjoy puzzles and teasing your readers (with what appears to me to be nonsense that should be ignored).

I am writing about practical individually-motivated (i.e. naturally selfish) actions we can do or develop. I am about communicating clearly and implementing my communications effectively. I am a person who has several times in my life achieved what I said I would do in terms of large million user projects.

I am getting annoyed by your fantasy obfuscations. Please elucidate your stance with a long post, else be prepared to be ignored (by me and probably others).

[1] Groupwise is never a benefit. Because it creates a power-vacuum. But that is another high IQ philosophical debate that I don't want to waste my precious time on again!

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:49:11 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 10:55:23 PM by TPTB_need_war

There you go again (laughing off his censorship) repeating the same mistake you've said you learned not to repeat. You are again falling into a groupthink because it fits your pre-disposed idolization of gold and passive HODL investment.

FOFOA will ban argumentative people who go after him, LOL.  But, I do NOT remember him EVER being a "silver guy", he always way-preferred gold.  He does not even like the idea of precious metals diversification (no Ag, no Pt, etc.).

1. Never follow a person who censors. Because you will surely be falling into an ignorant groupthink.

2. He apparently deleted all my posts, but there are still numerous comments in his archives from my comments in his blog in 2010 and followup comments by his regulars in 2011 referring to me and you can see for example that everything I wrote came true precisely as I said it would:

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2011/02/wendys-open-forum-part-2.html?showComment=1298707848032#c2632150332687079466

Does anybody remember Shelby, the "silver evangelist"?

I still visit his forums occasionally in order to gain insights into the current thinking of the silverbug fraternity. Here are some snippets, from recent posts by Shelby in his silver forum, that you might find interesting (my emphasis):

"I am looking for 35 gold/silver ratio, before I take profits in silver (into gold), so roughly $45 and $1575."

"You could take some profits around 40 ratio, e.g. $35 and $1400, looking for a pullback to $30, but I think that is very risky."

"We can squeeze a little bit more out of silver before we run to gold"
Shelby on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:48 pm
http://goldwetrust.up-with.com/t33p300-silver-as-an-investment#4244

"So that is why I will start selling SOME (not all) silver for gold around $39+, then look to repurchase in the high $20s or low $30s."

You might also like to tune into David Morgan talking to Jim Puplava from the 5.00 minute mark here:

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2011-0225-1.asx

I listened to the whole broadcast. If you are looking for a contrarian view on silver in the short term (both men are long term bulls) it would be well worth your time.
February 26, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Note the above comment was essentially referring to my 2010 public prediction for silver to peak at $45 then fall to $26 which came true in 2011.

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2011/09/once-upon-time.html?showComment=1315847853994#c4273984744101237708

Wow, thanks, Fofoa. A timely post addressing the "overlord theory" of Shelby and others I recently asked about. Especially liked this part:

"And those of you that incessantly argue that gold is just one of many commodities—an asset like any other that, when push comes to shove, will ultimately be liquidated in favor of symbolic token currency units—need to explain how the monetary plane, insolvent at today's low prices, will maintain any grip on reality at even lower prices. The fact is it can't. And that's why you can only maintain your arguments with fantastic stories of modern day all-powerful overlords enslaving the serfs to their graves. But unfortunately, that's not how a diverse global economic ecosystem actually works."

@ Costata,
Will check out Bron's reasoning, thanks for the heads up, that's what I was looking for was some more specific arguments on taxation. Interesting that you have tied up with Shelby before.

I am very familiar with Fofoa's thoughts on taxation, and even mentioned them in my post, but there are a lot of other smart people here (in case you haven't noticed through your ego-colored glasses) whose opinions I highly respect.
Taxation will remain a major issue facing holders of gold, whether you have the knowledge to weigh in on it or not. If gold gets the huge revaluation that Fofoa and others think it will, we will be glad to pay the taxes. However, if it merely remains a negative correlation to inflation, then the combination of a)the loss of purchasing power at conversion back to the prevailing currency; and b)taxes render it a losing proposition (but a lower net worth is still better than zero net worth).

September 12, 2011 at 10:17 AM

The above comment is referring to the criticism of gold I had leveled in this extremely popular published article I wrote (45,716 reads as of today).

I was warning about the coming confiscations via taxation back in 2010, way before Armstrong started writing about it.

The problem for gold holders is that if gold rises from $1000 to $5000, thus $5000 only buys what $1000 used to buy, and the USA capital gains tax rate is unchanged at 28% (or more likely increased significantly), then gold holders will actually lose purchasing power.

Those idiots at FOFOA's censored corral can't even do basic arithmetic.

What is also likely is that gold will be declared a source of funding for terrorism, and thus anyone who can't show a trail of where the income came from to buy the gold, and convince the authorities that it was no drug money or other form of money laundering or terrorism, then the gold will be confiscated. And with the rule of law collapsing, the authorities can declare it what ever they want, regardless of your proof of trail. And the problem you have is where to dispose of your gold, because for sure the authorities will regulate all the dealers to accomplish their expropriation.

FOFOA is off his rocker if he thinks the powers-that-be are going to allow an upward revaluation of gold that rewards decentralized individual millionaire holders of gold. As gold moves up in value (destroying the real economy and velocity of money, because gold does not trade it just sits in a vault), the incentive for the masses to increase taxation and capital controls increase.

And we are now in a digital era where physical barter is becoming more and more futile as digital efficiencies and travel increase.

FOFOA is living in some sort of delusional, fantasy bubble insulated by his censorship. He is going to destroy a lot of investors who have fallen into his groupthink.

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2010/07/timing-is-everything.html?showComment=1278139629430#c5165311165134739291

Quote from: FOFOA
FOFOA said...

Sincerely,
FOFOA

PS. Huey, go away. I know who you are, your two blogs and on Cash forum. Guess I took the comments off moderate too soon. You are worse than Shelby. If you lost money, you shouldn't have been trading paper gold. I never advised that. Your 5 ugly comments have been deleted.

July 2, 2010 at 11:47 PM

And here is the main thread where my comments were deleted, but we can still read the replies:

http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2010/06/old-hyperinflation-question.html

S said...
@ Shelby

You do edge closer to a revelation in your #2 comment IMHO with the notion that gold will simply go into hiding

The one currency scenario will fail as well which makes gold an almost certain bet as an appreciating store of value. Of course I assume you consider the digital currency as part of the one worlder thesis which facilitiates negative rates as another "tool" of the central bank. It is widely touted, even by the formidable establisment paper FT (Maverikon blog archives). Why shouldn't the gov't have the ability to expropriate your paper overtly isntead of cubtly through inflation?

The notion that one could time a bsuiness sale in the height of hyperinflation and buy a cash flowing business that keeps pace with inflation is a complete joke. First of all, who would sell a business under such conditions as the PV of an ever appreciating currency (unless you run a monte carlo on the end of hyper) even with declining demand would require unlimited capital (then again maybe just gold). And i assume the presumption is that the seller has already lined up another business to invest those deflating profits that turbocharges their "return." Then again there is always the centrally planned stock market. If the scenario you paint is the right one, why not buy out of the money calls (LEAP) on the S&P and avoid the operating risk (as Armstrong contends). Hell, use that as a tax planning strategy to hedge your cap gains risk for Pms owned.

Any move to institute a punative tax as remedy will only exacerbate fiat leakage to alt stores of value. Why is it that when the banks say a tax on capital will simply be passed on to consumer the same logic isn't applied to POG? People aren't buying gold as a tax arb against paper. That afterall is the point. (as an aside Barter would skyrocket and the black market would explode - econ 101 -think illegal drugs which the US gov't itself pegs in the hundreds of billions)

June 11, 2010 at 10:07 AM

The comment above is thought provoking (i.e. that price of private assets will rise accordingly to offset any rise in taxation), except the capital that rushes into gold will be expropriated because it is tangible and can't be disposed without the authorities knowing it, because there won't be any more physical black markets (or you won't want to regularly trade in them because you become a marked man).

Instead the capital that rushes into anonymous crypto-currencies will survive.

raptor said...
Shelby @

Read your link.. you've never lived in socialistic country, so you don't know..
But let me tell you there is black market which gov. can't control.. and whatever they invent there will always be.

In my country no one could have a company ... everybody was a gov. worker in a sense.
But still 90% of the ppl were doing services to each other w/o paying taxes and getting their pay in cash or barter or service.

Not many ppl knew about gld/slv but everybody knew about Dollars and Marks.
One more thing it was illegal to have them unless you are working related job like outside of the country and so on..
but still many ppl had Dollars and Marks.

And the most interesting part of all official exchange rate with the dollar was 1:1, but on the black market it was 3:1 (i.e. 3 times more expensive).

My point is whatever is money will be traded on the black market if pushed hard with high taxation or illegal.

So ppl not exchanging "money" in the black market if overtaxed or whatever is a fairy tale.

Of course if gld/slv are not perceived as money then they will not be traded.
But that is another point.

June 14, 2010 at 4:08 PM

The comment above is the usual genre of category (taxonomy) error people make.

He is comparing the USA or Europe (where we investors are) to a situation where a small country destroyed its currency (or capital controls) and the people chose to use an reliable external country's currency, e.g. US Dollars.

The people in the USA and Europe are not going to abandon the dollar and euro, not until the authorities declare a monetary reset.

Thus there won't be any widespread, physical blackmarket in the USA or Europe! If you do find some oddballs to trade your gold with outside of the regulated dealers, then these will most likely be littered with scammers knowing that you are in a desperate situation and who want to separate you from your gold (even follow you back to your house to get all of it).

We are not headed into a period of hyperinflation and abandonment of fiat currencies! We are headed into massive deflation and a huge rise in kidnapping, crime, and the collapse of rule of law.

These idiot goldbugs are delusional!

tdfxman said...
Shelby

This is great. I have some gold but have always thought FOFOA's idea of "freegold" was never ever going to happen. It implied WAY too much freedom for the sheep. Meritocracy coming is a laughable joke.

Is the link you provided the main place you post, I have not read it all yet. Great stuff that rings so true to me.

With just seeing it just now, I would echo the question of where did the 20% come from? Is that just the carrot to get out of hyper-inflation? TPTB will say here is some new fiat and you will EARN 20% interest and that is what kills the black market since there is no interest earning there.

Your posts seem so much more about reality and how the world has been working, and how you predict it to work, than this freegold utopia of how things SHOULD work.

thanks

June 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:00:07 PM

OROBTC, if you are making investment decisions based on reading some anonymous person on the internet who censors debate, then are very likely to end up destitute.

This comment attempted to summarize FOFOA's delusional stance on coming taxation.

costata said...
Shelby,

Welcome to the FOFOA blog. In case you missed it the heading reads:
FOFOA
A Tribute to the Thoughts of Another and his Friend.

Clearly you haven't found the time to read any of the archived material available in the links on the right hand side of the home page.

As a favour to you I have extracted Another and FOA's predictions from 1997 and 1998 about taxes on gold under Freegold.

As an additional favour I will break it down for you.

1. The gold miners will be the targets for high taxes. For political and practical reasons they are the soft option.

2. Anyone holding paper gold when the transition to Freegold comes will be burned.

3. Personal holdings of physical gold will be envouraged by EU Governments and their allies.

4. No-one knows what the specific tax regimes will be on the sale of gold in other jurisdictions. At present it ranges from Zero to the equivalent of the taxpayers' marginal income tax rate.

If you cannot be bothered to read FOFOA's archive (BTW did I mention that this is his blog) you will bore the s#@t out of most people with your half-baked theories and predictions.

June 15, 2010 at 1:13 AM

How did this anonymous FOFOA's bolded theory work out so far?

France to Spy on Their Own People

Authorities are looking closely at eliminating paper money altogether, which would have the benefit of preventing bank runs. This trend is being introduced in France come September, where it will become illegal to purchase anything with more than €1000.

France Restricts the Movement of Gold, Cash, & Crypto-Currencies

Wouldn't it be better to follow the guy who has been correct since 2010 than the one who has been incorrect?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: