Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:56:51 PM

I may have the ability to do this all myself to reach the IPO and/or mining launch.
that's the crux and my reason for writing.
If you truly think you can have your coin up and established by 2017 by yourself do whatever and secure yourself the biggest possible slice of the cake.
The important thing is that the cake is baked in time.
Whatever you decide, good luck and fruitfull coding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 07:13:53 PM

You are perceiving my competitive fire as gruff. Actually i am very nice and calm person when I am not competing. When I am competing, you can imagine Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. I have their demeanor when I am in competitive action mode.

Regardless of how swiftly one sprints, one cannot win a race after it has concluded: the competition has already ended, and a winner has already been decided.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
l3552

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 03:31:22 PM by l3552

Fantasizing about barter is loony. The youth will grab crypto and their smartphone before contemplating inefficient barter. Currency is a convenience (over barter). People only move to barter if there is no other choice. Ferfal confirms this from experience in Argentina's collapse.

Haha the man got a taste for research! Bad thing he keeps looking only for what confirms his bias!

We owe streets, markets, banks, industrialization, miniaturization, digitalization, customization to money. If we are now more than six billions is because of it. We owe it also the new caps for human organization and peaceful relationships. If anything allowed more the realization of "go and multiply" it was money. But this same money that allowed it all to be traded summoned political-economic excesses that in time were also reflected on individual level.

These excesses were first tracked where numbers allowed it, on economics. Acknowledged as cycles of boom and burst and with some controversy [1] we kept mending the system so it could scale up more until new longer cycles were created by easing credit obtainment. By now trillions of debt are waiting to be defaulted on states and citizens as the world prepare for radical movements. Of course, these are tracked excesses.

On political side much of these effects are ignored, as it relates to consciousness and identity that like memory the more you lose it less you notice. To mend the system on this front we also eased credit obtainment. The new highs of free human value crashed societal control over human distinction so glory, honor and titles rapidly lost its meanings. Also the irresponsibility that toke place promoted the spoiled childhood psychology and the branding of humans on neighborhoods where subjectivity values suffered devastation. I could also point out some rates like divorce, homicide, incarceration, drug addiction and corruption, but by now you already got the idea.
As peer pressure faded and securitization met its technological limit. Force was used to insure that the basic information gaps the economy had to scale up would be overcome. As force joins the system warranting cancerous grades of growth, everything is drowned in it. Why would you keep track, why would you care to doubt, why would you use papers and vows if the violent monopolist is there for you. This goes from jailing the vulnerable to bail out the losers, rich and poor.
The main point is that the world without humans is just stuff. Money should be, as it begin, the abstraction of human value. It is the projection of awareness into something in a way that awareness can be converted trough its projection into the awareness of greater goods. When money loses contact with the qualitative differentiation of human awareness it works mostly alienation.
Force, Commoditization and Representation allowed values to scale up and won against the groups of solutions that didn't, turning it on a worldwide practice. Not by conspiracy every major country acts by these methods. However we are now heading to the future and it seems that the more fear and alienation is pumped on the system, more society trembles on the edge of the abyss of barbarism. On the low part of the society spectrum when lights turn out and the violent law leaves the streets rioting and looting takes place. On the high part of the society spectrum the educated, well related and powerful thinks twice about the interest of keeping the masses alive but little on how much more he deserves. This is not their fault. They have not the force needed to drag the system inertia. Of course, nothing is lost until taking as lost. Glimpses of a solution rains here and there before the whole system falls.
So, a new system have to lessen the need of force, awake human beings of it reciprocal specialty and empower the people who cares for the time and matter they care about, down-top. Also, by the actual picture we also think that the changes made have to be sensed as some clear effects. It have to help communities by increasing security and empowering them with long forgotten credit, relationships and education not by top-down fomentation but by their mutual trusts, wishes and desires.
Checks and Balances will migrate from systemic waste to where it truly deserves to be, weighting access VS development locally and non-locally, granting social capital is not eaten by Commoditization nor sound money is destroyed by Populism. It will transform the decision making in a way that every community will be able to teach and learn something about values increasing total awareness for each new transaction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:35:14 PM

You are perceiving my competitive fire as gruff. Actually i am very nice and calm person when I am not competing. When I am competing, you can imagine Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. I have their demeanor when I am in competitive action mode.

Regardless of how swiftly one sprints, one cannot win a race after it has concluded: the competition has already ended, and a winner has already been decided.

My hypothesis is that the masses will fall into the NWO system (one world currency reserve nanny-state, dying industrial age morass), and the rest of us will fork off into a glorious Knowledge Age.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 10:45:43 PM

My hypothesis is that the masses will fall into the NWO system (one world currency reserve nanny-state, dying industrial age morass), and the rest of us will fork off into a glorious Knowledge Age.

Your fundamental error lies in your use of future tense: past tense is more appropriate, for the proverbial “battle” is not merely “in the bag” but “already won.”

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:55:13 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 11:12:22 PM by TPTB_need_war

Your fundamental error lies in your use of future tense: past tense is more appropriate, for the proverbial “battle” is not merely “in the bag” but “already won.”

Again I wrote we hope to fork away from the morass.

Moving to barter or digging holes in the ground for gold would be a F.U.B.A.R. result.

I was writing about and expounding on Exter since 2005. You are preaching to someone who knows all your tricks because I used to be a silverbug.

Exter's pyramid will only be correct if we go into a lights out Dark Age, because if everything moves to gold, it won't stop there and then society moves to food as money. Strong moves into gold (as a hedge against government) only last for a few years. Severe moves into gold are when capital goes into hiding and society collapses entirely F.U.B.A.R..

Society will much prefer to be managed from a NWO top-down system than move to total collapse. The coming chaos is by design to beingbring the detractors to their knees and to gain the social will to adopt the one-world reserve compromise.

Armstrong opened my eyes to reality.

I'll switch to dash if theres no cash

You seem to forget that money has no value if at least a super minority doesn't also use it as money.

Also differentiate assets from money, primary by the liquidity (and slowing declining marginal utility[1]). Money is highly liquid while assets have variable (over class and time domains) liquidity.

The cognitive dissonance in this thread appears to be motivated by delusional hope because the reality is too depressing:

Yeah those who are thinking that defaults will weed out the corruption from the system and set us free are naive and myopic. This is the typical goldbug simpleton thought process.

Add to that the cognitive bias (foolish pride) psychology of being an early investor in Bitcoin.

[1] You could only store so many barrels of oil in your backyard before the utility would decline into a liability.

They exchange function for confidence, the real for the prettier illusion.

I suppose it is a risk...  If you are running such a really long con, even your successors might fall for it.
100 years is such a long time that anyone working at a CB has to believe that they are following tried and tested principles.
What saved the long con for so long was the 20th century population boom and technological revolutions.

Those two factors created wealth at a faster rate than the central banks could destroy it. So much so, that it wasn't apparent to anyone that the central banks were destroying wealth at all.

That no longer appears to still be the case.

Now they want to leverage our nerd productivity and use that to sustain the NWO. This is why they planted Bitcoin for us to drool over. And we are falling right into the trap.

I don't want to work for them as a defacto slave! But all my angst won't matter if we don't make a super minority for a money that isn't what they created.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 11:01:56 PM

If you have a two hour, afternoon appointment scheduled at time 𝐴, and you do not depart for this appointment until time 2𝐴, can you arrive at this appointment early or, even, on time (without traveling backwards in time)?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:13:24 PM

If you have a two hour, afternoon appointment scheduled at time 𝐴, and you do not depart for this appointment until time 2𝐴, can you arrive at this appointment early or, even, on time (without traveling backwards in time)?

Using a time warp wormhole. And I am serious.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 11:18:30 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 12:05:04 AM by username18333

Using a time warp wormhole. And I am serious.

Quote from: Prov. 29.1-2, _Darby Translation_. John Nelson Darby, 1890. Web. 13 May 2015. link=http://studybible.info/Darby/Proverbs%2029
¹He that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and without remedy. ²When the righteous increase, the people rejoice; but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:55:16 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 12:49:03 AM by TPTB_need_war

You do realize gold and silver are THE only monies out there that are not “credit based” or derive their values via the credit markets

Gold and silver are no longer money. They are illiquid assets that will become incredibly more illiquid in the coming war of private assets.

The war on cash has been long and ongoing.  Bitcoin is as of now the most stalwart defense, but it is in its infancy.

But a profound paradigm shift is upon us because every human will be always connected with their smartphone, and thus physical cash dies.

And with this gold's black market dies too and becomes incredibly illiquid except for institutions that are in the back pocket of the system.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:48:44 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 01:46:11 AM by TPTB_need_war

if tx's don't have to be "put in blocks" in your altcoin, logic follows that there are no blocks.

Illogical.

i am not a programmer

Ah that likely explains your lapses in logic.

you couldn't have been more correct than me.

Rpietila can I believe probably atest I was buying 1000oz bars below $9 in 2008. For sure he knows I was selling him rounds I minted in the $9s.

btw, you seem to think gvts are going to continue to grow and take over the world.  here's a great chart from Calculated Risk that shows shrinkage of the public sector jobs under Obama and since the crisis.

Thanks for a great example of your myopia and cherry-picking data. This is why Armstrong is correct that those who don't correlate all the data will be blinded.

You forgot that those on welfare are effectively government "employees" (both do no productive "work").

As I warned you, that when we dig into specifics, it will be clear I am correct.

i also think this graph is fascinating.  it shows the US national murder rate heading steadily down since the 1990's.  i'd like to think that might be because of the internet and a spreading social consciousness worldwide as ppl link up.  that means there's hope for a better world perhaps.

Murder is only one type of crime. You must look at total crime and also don't forget to include corruption which is becoming more rampant.

The turn on the chart since the 2008 unemployment crisis began is because the citizens are now enslaved outside of prison in terms of being married to government welfare and long-term unemployment insurance.

also, incremental progress on curtailing the NSA.  and you diss the significance of Snowden?:

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/13/8603193/house-vote-nsa-spying?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Freedom_Act

Critics assert that mass surveillance of the content of Americans' communication will continue under Section 702 of FISA[7][8] and Executive Order 12333[7][9] due to the "unstoppable surveillance-industrial complex"[10] despite the fact that a bipartisan majority of the House had previously voted to close backdoor mass surveillance.

your doom and gloom is tiresome.  here's the greatest conspiracy of all:  is Anonymint a paid NSA shill?

Ah so I was spot-on in my assessment of the source of your cognitive dissonance.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:01:48 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 01:12:01 AM by username18333

You forgot that those on welfare are effectively government "employees" (both do no productive "work").

Social insurance is a state-run patrician that minimizes the impact of the plebeian on his or her plutocracy.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:12:17 AM

But I guess we are all Marxists...  Cool

Yes. The cognitive dissonance is that most men would rather contemplate the system reforming than a totalitarian collapse into a NWO.

You all can't fathom a world where the collective can't reform and it literally euthanizes its citizens. And we are forced to fork away from it to survive.

I observe that most men seem to go into a binary mode, either collective reform or I am an island with my gold. They don't look for the synergies of the third and only realistic option at this juncture.

username18333

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:58:11 AM

You all can't fathom a world where the collective can't reform and it literally euthanizes its citizens.

Quote from: Goethe link=http://i0.wp.com/armstrongeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Occupy_Wall_Street_September_28_2011.jpg?resize=584%2C789
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe [that] they are free.

mikelitoris

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:03:52 AM

6561742061206469636b
mikelitoris

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:22:20 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/comment/11602399/Ban-cash-end-boom-and-bust.html

6561742061206469636b
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:32:38 PM

Thanks mikelitoris (is that a portmanteau of clitoris?)

To everyone, I think I've written all I needed to write. Thanks for reading and apologies if haven't managed my couth optimally. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all on the other side of this chasm.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:14:54 PM

I also think that, unfortunately, the mass will be too dumb to realize what's going on and will get trapped inside the cool, cashless society with centralized, state funded crypto, while a Bitcoin resistance survives as a parallel decentralized system of freedom. Hopefully all it does is putting Bitcoin up there and what ends up going global is BTC and now Fiatcoin.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:36:31 PM

Money has no value if at least a super minority doesn't also use it as money.

I seldom need to correct you, but that one is actually a fallacy.

Commodities are thought to be selected as money because they were useful in trade and consequently people started to hoard them to match their present and future spending needs. While that might be possible, there is another mechanism that is even more valid.

The buyer of last resort. Any single entity with enough economic or coercive power can make anything money by making markets for it. The modern day examples are true not only with the various fiats, which are held together by the debt and tax payments, but also in voluntary interaction. My game Crypto Kingdom has plenty of assets that are pseudo-monetary, and some of them have (rumor only) started to be used IRL transactions as well.

Also Monero has worldwide only a few thousands of users, but among my friends, it has become as accepted as Bitcoin (or cash), simply due to the perception that it retains convertibility at market rates (which of course is a nonstatement - it either does, or becomes completely worthless, a phenomenon that only arises in the market, requiring everyone to perceive it worthless, contradicting the premise).

Money is not a communist concept and does not require a majority or even a superminority. I also thought so previously but everything around me seems to prove it wrong. The short history of CK has opened up the understanding that the monetary future of the Knowledge Age might be more fragmented than the dominant theory. As TPTB have declared war on money the same way as they have declared war on drugs, money needs to go underground the same way as drugs have gone. Both are very essential to the individual so there will always be people who put their survival first and the government's wishes second.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
l3552

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:39:38 PM

Also, by the actual picture we also think that the changes made have to be sensed as some clear effects.

Who constitutes your “we”? (Note: “Loose lips sink ships.”)

Everyone that thinks that development banks and mutual credit have a point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_bank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIR_Bank
http://www.sardex.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_exchange_trading_system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: