Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:17:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345710 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:32:43 AM

You are all missing the point on Islam...

I'm missing the point of any religion, unless you are using it as a symbol to control people based off of their fear of a permanent death. Though given people's responses (usually, don't feel that bad--though it's just an informal question i ask random people) on the question of how you feel when faced with an apocalyptic ending, it seems the people i ask are more afraid of missing out on the experiences others are enjoying (or not enjoying) than they are afraid of death.

Is it any wonder that we're building towards an AI singularity with godlike qualities that can create very real VR Hells, Heavens, and an even realer extinction event--god may not work in mysterious ways, but the mass religious subconscious of the world is creating a means to everyone's apocalyptic dreams. Yeah religion!  Grin

“The great educational value of the war against Christendom lies in the absolute truthlessness of the priest. Such purity is rare enough. The 'man of God' is entirely incapable of honesty, and only arises at the point where truth is defaced beyond all legibility. Lies are his entire metabolism, the air he breathes, his bread and his wine. He cannot comment upon the weather without a secret agenda of deceit. No word, gesture, or perception is slight enough to escape his extravagant reflex of falsification, and of the lies in circulation he will instinctively seize on the grossest, the most obscene and oppressive travesty. Any proposition passing the lips of a priest is necessarily totally false, excepting only insidiouses whose message is momentarily misunderstood. It is impossible to deny him without discovering some buried fragment or reality.”
― Nick Land, Fanged Noumena: Collected Writings, 1987-2007

I'd add a few more religions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:42:39 AM

I'm missing the point of any religion, unless you are using it as a symbol to control people based off of their fear of a permanent death. Though given people's responses (usually, don't feel that bad--though it's just an informal question i ask random people) on the question of how you feel when faced with an apocalyptic ending, it seems the people i ask are more afraid of missing out on the experiences others are enjoying (or not enjoying) than they are afraid of death.

Is it any wonder that we're building towards an AI singularity with godlike qualities that can create very real VR Hells, Heavens, and an even realer extinction event--god may not work in mysterious ways, but the mass religious subconscious of the world is creating a means to everyone's apocalyptic dreams. Yeah religion!  Grin

“The great educational value of the war against Christendom lies in the absolute truthlessness of the priest. Such purity is rare enough. The 'man of God' is entirely incapable of honesty, and only arises at the point where truth is defaced beyond all legibility. Lies are his entire metabolism, the air he breathes, his bread and his wine. He cannot comment upon the weather without a secret agenda of deceit. No word, gesture, or perception is slight enough to escape his extravagant reflex of falsification, and of the lies in circulation he will instinctively seize on the grossest, the most obscene and oppressive travesty. Any proposition passing the lips of a priest is necessarily totally false, excepting only insidiouses whose message is momentarily misunderstood. It is impossible to deny him without discovering some buried fragment or reality.”

You are talking too much my friend - less is more
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:45:54 AM

God is dead.

Less enough?

klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:47:32 AM

God is dead.

Less enough?
Who cares about God? I mean not me..
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:51:45 AM

God is dead.

Less enough?
Who cares about God?

Islam, Christianity, Judaism....

klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:57:01 AM

God is dead.

Less enough?
Who cares about God?

Schopenhauer
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:59:31 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 07:13:16 AM by generalizethis

God is dead.

Less enough?
Who cares about God?

Schopenhauer
Nietzsche

You are talking too little my friend. More is more. (to elaborate: what is the point on Islam we are all missing? Though I wonder how we all are missing it when AFAIK it is public comment from TPTB_need_war and a private one made in the PM he mentioned.)

klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:13:41 AM

God is dead.

Less enough?
Who cares about God?

Schopenhauer
Nietzsche

You are talking too little my friend. More is more.
Read why Schopenhauer preferred Christianity, Brahmanism, Hinduism vs Jewism, taoism and Islam
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:16:19 AM

Long story short - Islam in particular is one of the most fascistic and offensive theories AND practice.

It is in the same league as Nazism, Stalinism and Maoism.

I don't care if it is a religion or not, it is offensive.

https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/how-to-deal-with-hostage-takers-soviet-lessons/
http://chersonandmolschky.com/2015/04/13/islamic-terrorism-japan/
klee
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:21:54 AM

Speaking of Nietzsche (my favourite philosopher along with the pre Socratics) it is interesting how he added nihilistic approaches (zen buddhism) in the evil axes too  Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 07:55:05 AM

Speaking of Nietzsche (my favourite philosopher along with the pre Socratics) it is interesting how he added nihilistic approaches (zen buddhism) in the evil axes too  Cheesy

He, along with Nick Land, are my favorite philosophers. Nietzsche's point that the highest ideal of Christianity is the destruction of most of mankind shined a light on my Christian upbringing that, thankfully, has never turned off. Whenever I hear or read about apocalyptic theories his observation is the first thing i think about. It's a very anti-human and morose belief at its core. Though not as weird (or vain) as believing the whole universe revolves around the battle for your soul--that's just high-comedy.

And yes. Islam has some scary overtones. Though i've never read the Koran to find out if it is actually a violent misreading or something inherent in the text.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:52:43 AM

Nietzsche's point that the highest ideal of Christianity is the destruction of most of mankind  - -

- - only shows how mistaken he is regarding Christianity.

The highest ideal of Christianity is that God became man to make man God.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:19:40 AM

Nietzsche's point that the highest ideal of Christianity is the destruction of most of mankind  - -

+1

@generalizethis: First, let me repeat that we are very much in the same boat with you regarding our beliefs. I find it particularly funny though, that your nickname represents what you're prompting here as a rule. Generalizing everything might work in many cases, but fails to others. Let me explain:

Let's suppose we have the perfect society, where everybody is decent, everybody respects the others, nobody's stealing, nobody fucks the other man's wife, nobody's killing anybody, etc. Does a society like this needs religion? I once met an orthodox scholar that told me this: "Religion represents a formality for the people to get along in societies". That's the essence of it all. Here it is then: No need for religions in a perfect world.

The fact that we have religions that treat women like goats, eulogize the decapitation of human beings in front of cameras and forcing whole countries to move to other continents is no religion in my way of thinking. It's an enforced act of fascism in its worse form. It has nothing to do with God, it has nothing to do with society, and most probably it's being funded to achieve certain goals behind a black hooded face and a machete.

This world is far from perfect. It's being governed by totalitarianism practices that are enforced to the masses either directly or indirectly. Certain "religions" are just practicing this. This is just unethical and bizarre; and must be banned ASAP. Together with the men that practicing it.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:32:37 AM

For those who are suffering Multiple Sclerosis or any sort of chronic disease, I understand your suffering (even though others readers really can't feel and understand your suffering) and I want to tell you that I am having a miraculous result thus far several days after a 10 day fasting.

Cheesy

This is so incredibly off-topic but while you are at it let me suggest: have you tried getting your hands on local coconut vinegar? kind of looks like this:

Although I believe this one is the "tuba" derivative which is consumed as an alcoholic beverage.

When I'm in the Philippines it's part of almost all of my meals and has the perfect combination of coconut goodness and the spice you're looking for (I believe they use bird eyes chilies to make it)

Anyway... good stuff  Grin

Tuba is coconut sap..

Within 4 hours after harvest tuba is reddish brown, this is made into coco sugar for export and local consumption. After four hours it will start to turn cloudy white, this is still sweet with the hint of sourness (this is reject for coco sugar, i know a farmer who turn this into coco syrup with a hint of sour but it is still good).

Fresh, sweet coconut sap will have a laxative effect after you drink more than two cups---this is good for cleaning your intestines

Refrigerate or freeze to lengthen freshness...when it begins to sour there will be an alcohol content--used by drunkards(they have their mixes)

Any leftover can be stored (container 70% full) at room temperature with the cap a little bit open (will explode if tightly closed) to make vinegar, to make the vinegar more sour, remove the "mother"--the thing that settles at the bottom and store it again..

I don't know why there are people here in the Philippines who go after apple cider..but raw coconut sap vinegar is better and i can purchase coconut sap for only 2.22$ for 10 liters and i cant consume it all, most of it is made it into vinegar.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:45:14 AM

..when it begins to sour there will be an alcohol content--used by drunkards(they have their mixes)

Off topic here, when I was in Banaue I was offered coconut wine by the locals, I declined since I had a long bus ride ahead of me, and now I can be glad that I did with my new knowledge of it's laxative qualities  Cool
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:59:16 AM

..when it begins to sour there will be an alcohol content--used by drunkards(they have their mixes)

Off topic here, when I was in Banaue I was offered coconut wine by the locals, I declined since I had a long bus ride ahead of me, and now I can be glad that I did with my new knowledge of it's laxative qualities  Cool

I forgot to tell, when it begins to sour or when it is for alcohol consumption, there will be no more laxative effect. Laxative effect is for fresh and sweet coconut sap only.

This maybe off topic but this can help mr. Anonymint out there.

I would recommend for him to look at health benefits of colon cleansing and enemas. Fermenting foods also can boost his health because there are vitamis that don't exist even in greens..i think it was vitamin B12, researched on that a few years back...try looking at youtube for liferegenerator and lou corona they have infos that are helpful
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:43:12 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 11:41:59 AM by r0ach

lack of PoW to create a closed system are really the key in linking biometric data to users  ...  Things like this are much harder to do with PoW & Bitcoin or Cryptonote.

Correct on the first point. Incorrect on the second one. It is trivial to capture Satoshi's design with regulation of 51% of the pools (weighted by hash rate of course). They can then refuse to include any block that doesn't include 666 KYC identification.

I don't really see PoW playing out like that.  It would just cause the private sector miners in that country to go bankrupt and then you'd have mining occur only in places like Zimbabwe, Romania, or Iceland.  The situation you mentioned seems like it would require the government themselves to be running the mining centers at a loss and also having 51% or more.  I guess that is possible, but you kind of left that part out.

If an event like that did occur, I think Bitcoin would be forked in some manner in an attempt to avoid the government datacenters, maybe even drastically to something like PoS or DPoS.  I believe scenarios like this show that Bitcoin will probably be an underground currency for it's entire existence, and that there will be multiple supported versions of the coin running in the wild simultaneously during it's lifetime.  One will be referred to as governmentcoin, and the other will be called criminalcoin or something similar.

This does bring up many positive aspects of Cryptonote though.  The government can only 51% attack it and not 51% parasitically regulate it since people would just not use whatever client the government wanted to fork it to for unraveling anonymity.

As a side issue, I was thinking a lot about Fuserleer's system, am I correct in saying that Emunie is trivial for a state actor to attack than either PoW, PoS, or DPOS?  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1166888.msg12317066#msg12317066

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 01:17:29 PM

Nietzsche's point that the highest ideal of Christianity is the destruction of most of mankind  - -

Revelations ends not with everyone becoming god-man (which is an egotistical idea--why can't god be a pig or a tree closer to divinity? Clue: god was invented by whom?), but with a small portion of the world surviving a near extinction event while those that don't survive are damned for eternity--I think Nietzsche got it dead right.  Wink

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:25:03 PM

lack of PoW to create a closed system are really the key in linking biometric data to users  ...  Things like this are much harder to do with PoW & Bitcoin or Cryptonote.

Correct on the first point. Incorrect on the second one. It is trivial to capture Satoshi's design with regulation of 51% of the pools (weighted by hash rate of course). They can then refuse to include any block that doesn't include 666 KYC identification.

I don't really see PoW playing out like that.  It would just cause the private sector miners in that country to go bankrupt...

The commonwealth of nations (G20, etc) can regulate the mining hash power in their jurisdictions which will comprise more than 51% of available hash rate in the world. Sorry Zimbabwe won't help you. Please I don't have time for your wandering illogic. If you are going to me a serious post, please get organized first.

Do also realize the importance of electrical subsidies, location near to geothermal power, etc. in terms of profitability of mining.

Iceland appears to be in the back pocket of the banksters again. And the entire world's hashrate isn't going to suddenly relocate there.

The nations are gradually getting more organized in terms of global coordination. They will become very focused on that as the global collapse ensues and they want to hunt down all capital.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 01:43:44 PM

Haven't heard it this way before. Very poetic, good sir.

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven"
"As above, so below"
The six pointed star (interlaced triangles pointing up and down) represents this ideal too.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: