Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:16:09 PM

From an article by George Soros called "Rebuilding the Asylum System"

http://www.project-syndicate.org/print/rebuilding-refugee-asylum-system-by-george-soros-2015-09

"...First, the EU has to accept at least a million asylum-seekers annually for the foreseeable future. And, to do that, it must share the burden fairly – a principle that a qualified majority finally established at last Wednesday’s summit.

Adequate financing is critical. The EU should provide €15,000 ($16,800) per asylum-seeker for each of the first two years to help cover housing, health care, and education costs – and to make accepting refugees more appealing to member states. It can raise these funds by issuing long-term bonds using its largely untapped AAA borrowing capacity, which will have the added benefit of providing a justified fiscal stimulus to the European economy.

It is equally important to allow both states and asylum-seekers to express their preferences, using the least possible coercion. Placing refugees where they want to go – and where they are wanted – is a sine qua non of success.

The EU would need to make an annual commitment to frontline countries of at least €8-10 billion, with the balance coming from the United States and the rest of the world...."

And for all this time I'd never credited him with having a sense of humour!
So the guy has spent his whole life capitalizing on tax loopholes and now he asks for more taxation for people not powerful enough to escape taxes like he did.

Those kind of people are the dregs of humanity. Fuck you, Soros.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:56:35 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 11:00:32 PM by trollercoaster

George Soros is a piece of dog shit, and he now has his black beady little eyes set on Europe.

Looks like he sees an opportunity there to fuck the place up even more.

he is indeed a "dreg of humanity"  Cheesy

http://humanevents.com/2011/04/02/top-10-reasons-george-soros-is-dangerous/
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:16:18 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 12:31:24 AM by TPTB_need_war

DIAGNOSIS! Can you read or your eyes are so fucked up?

As for the other question I did a colonoscopisis and they got samples from my gut yes. But you know better.

I see a pattern here.

A psychiatrist could confirm this.

You need one.

The only reason you did not end up (yet) killing people with an automated riffle is maybe the family that raised you & your belief in God.

Well we can see who goes to extremes and thus needs a psychiatrist.

Can you fucking read:

All the classic symptoms of M.S....

• Numbness sometimes from knee down, other times just hot/cold/numb feet. Sometimes very swollen feet and ankles (edema?).
  • Welts on the back of the head, when touched the pain goes deep. More than just a surface pimple. Sometimes same soreness without a welt at surface.
  • Sometimes felt the skull was numb or feeling of a wet towel draped over it.
  • In the past have tinnatus and difficulty swallowing.
  • I had at times weakness on my left leg and even my left arm.
  • Drastic reduction in my vision. Blurry vision, reduced acuity.
  • Uncontrolled muscle twitching/spasms.
  • chronic fatigue syndrome and brain fog
  • excessive (volume & frequency) and sometimes uncontrollable urination
  • lately losing my voice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis#Signs_and_symptoms

A person with MS can have almost any neurological symptom or sign, with autonomic, visual, motor, and sensory problems being the most common.[1] The specific symptoms are determined by the locations of the lesions within the nervous system, and may include loss of sensitivity or changes in sensation such as tingling, pins and needles or numbness, muscle weakness, very pronounced reflexes, muscle spasms, or difficulty in moving; difficulties with coordination and balance (ataxia); problems with speech or swallowing, visual problems (nystagmus, optic neuritis or double vision), feeling tired, acute or chronic pain, and bladder and bowel difficulties, among others.[1] Difficulties thinking and emotional problems such as depression or unstable mood are also common.

I told you already that my case history is that from the time I arrived in Mindanao in 1994, I had dysentery and amoebas nearly ever week in the 1990s, then a series of gut infections over the years from 2006 forward, culminating in two severe gut infections clustered closely at the end of 2011 and Spring 2012, which precipitated being rushed in an ambulance to ER in May 2012 for an exploded acute peptic ulcer which was leaking acid into my abdomen thus causing my internal organs to tear and bloating my mid torso. I was in ICU and they were not sure if they would need to do surgery. That was the most pain I had ever experienced in my entire life.

That gut dysbiosis was surely caused by repetitive uses of antibiotics to treat those routine gut infections. Since the doctors found h.pylori in my stool, they again prescribed more antibiotics to the tune 6000 mg per day for 21 days (because the first 7 days I had to change to remove the Clarithromycin which screwed up my sense of smell so bad that I would puke even from the smell of a car exhaust). From that I got a severe fungal infection in my pelvic area which I assume was my bladder or colon. My doctor was nonchalant, said I looked stressed when I described the fungal infection symptoms, and never did he recommend stool tests nor a colonoscopy (it was about then that I completely gave up on him!). I had a lot of pain throughout my abdomen area for months I presume because I was scarred from the affair, which included for example taking PPIs which are known to be a factor correlated with chronic gut dysbiosis.

In November 2012, I proceded to the best hospital in Cebu (thinking it is more modern and more foreigners than Davao) and asked them to give me all the diagnostics they could. For example, the blood work showed my lymphocytes sky high. For example they confirmed I was negative for Syphilis, Clamydia, HIV, and other STDs they could test for (HPV not being one they could test for and one I had acquired in 2006 and unknown if ever fully cleared). The remainder of the tests had to be sent out to a lab in Manila, so they took my email address, phone number, and address so they could forward the results to me. They gave me their phone number for follow up. I never did receive any communication. I called but no one can help me. Typical for the Philippines, you totally waste your money because even if you do get a result, you can't even be sure you can trust the result you get. So what is the point of paying for diagnostics when you are not even sure the information you are getting is reliable???

Come on Mr. Know It All? Pray enlighten me fool.

As I told you, when I was in the office of my doctor who treated me for the acute peptic ulcer, I met a younger foreigner who was continually on morphine because my doctor had done a surgery on him to remove part of his digestive tract and sew together what remains. I believe it is referred to as a "j pop". Any way, the young guy (30s?) was clearly in such pain and years hence from the surgery he will never be painless again. It reminded me of how I could still see in my right eye after the incident where my eye was gouged with a hard object, but the surgeon in the Philippines managed to 100% detach the retina and destroy the eye. I had to return to the USA to one of the best eye surgeons in the country (whom I paid in excess of $100,000 in cash) to save my eyeball and reattach some of the retina (but lost 95% of the vision). So I asked the young guy, why did he operate in the Philippines and not back in the USA. He said lack of funds. There is no way I would operate in the Philippines again. I would at least hop over to Singapore or Australia.

So do you think I am going to trust a filipino doctor to stick a scope up my anus into my colon?!! Hell no! Not easily. I did recently get the names of some Gastroenteritis doctors at the same small brand new private hospital where I recently got my eye checkup. I am going to make an appointment to talk to them and detect whether I have found someone who I trust. Which is not likely, because I know very well the attitude the filipino doctors. Also I've told you that some of the tests are not available in Davao, e.g. I checked numerous hospital labs and none had e.coli nor salmonella stool tests.

So now what are the odds that my condition given the case history is not related to my gut? And what are the odds that the symptoms I have described are not M.S.?

And why do you think just because I am suffering in poverty that makes me insane because I have to juggle my priorities in terms of what I can and can't do at this time. And thus my treatment options follow accordingly.

You have demonstrated over the past few days how much of an indolent asshole you can be. Good riddance.

Which describes exactly what I am doing with diet (which isn't ketogenesis nor fasting idiots):

Here we show that dietary
factors and lifestyle may exacerbate or ameliorate MS symptoms by modulating the inflammatory status of the disease both in
relapsing-remitting MS and in primary-progressive MS. This is achieved by controlling both the metabolic and inflammatory
pathways in the human cell and the composition of commensal gut microbiota. What increases inflammation are hypercaloric
Western-style diets, characterized by high salt, animal fat, red meat, sugar-sweetened drinks, fried food, low fiber, and lack of
physical exercise. The persistence of this type of diet upregulates the metabolism of human cells toward biosynthetic
pathways including those of proinflammatory molecules and also leads to a dysbiotic gut microbiota, alteration of intestinal
immunity, and low-grade systemic inflammation. Conversely, exercise and low-calorie diets based on the assumption of
vegetables, fruit, legumes, fish, prebiotics, and probiotics act on nuclear receptors and enzymes that upregulate oxidative
metabolism, downregulate the synthesis of proinflammatory molecules, and restore or maintain a healthy symbiotic gut
microbiota. Now that we know the molecular mechanisms by which dietary factors and exercise affect the inflammatory
status in MS, we can expect that a nutritional intervention with anti-inflammatory food and dietary supplements can alleviate
possible side effects of immune-modulatory drugs and the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and thus favor patient
wellness.

Ketogenesis and fasting are perhaps effective for cancer, because you are trying to starve the cancer. But starving the body of nutrients is generally not a good idea for most health issues.

No matter what an official diagnosis would say, that wouldn't change one iota the diet treatment I am pursuing. So what is your point?

Instead I am pointing out to you that you may be harming yourself by prioritizing ketogenesis and not Kefir. My next priority is Kefir because as I documented up thread yesterday, Kefir is a more diverse probiotic than Komucha (and the Yakult I am drinking has too much glucose and only provides one bacterium). You are barking up the wrong tree with ketogenesis focus, wherein up thread I even cited for you that Terry Wahls finds no statistical advantage for ketogenic diets from her clinical trials. Also nuts and legumes are hard on the gut because of the anti-nutrients, so I asked WTF were you doing eating nuts and coffee for breakfast. And yet you call me insane  Huh

The much more likely area of causation is microflora yet you are too lazy to go make some Kefir and then you call me insane  Huh

Dude you are one fine example of calling the kettle black.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:09:20 AM

My next priority is Kefir.

That would be a huge mistake IMHO. All sensible researches - like the one that is about of life stock taken away from Norway in the 1940s on and many other researches - indicate that dairy products really bad for you even if you are healthy. Having MS and consuming dairy products is really not a good idea.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:16:35 AM

As a scientist, I'd never advise ANYONE to take the responsibility to do such a task on himself.

No, of course you wouldn't. Why would you realize that nutrition is everything and what you eat is what you are? Still, peoples with health issues try to find solution for their problems without using the hypes and "medicines" from the big pharmaceutical companies.

I was diagnosed with a chronic heart disease 4 years ago. The best cardiologists in the UK said this: the only solution is to a) first, get proper medication to bring the situation under control (incidentally very expensive medicines, but we know those doctors are trained by the big pharmaceuticals) b) solve the issue by having an operation. Fucking hell, this is a serious shit I said. Of course we never question what the doctors say so lets do it.
And then, I had a second thought and started to do some research. And then, I found Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn - who was a heart surgeon and carried out thousands of bypass operations before starting to question the medicine dogma of pharmaceuticals and scientists -, started to read about his theory and how heart disease is curable and very often reversible. And then I threw away the expensive medicines and went on Esselstyn's program. Read about the research and program of Esselstyn and how the largest dataset of cardiovascular researches indicates that heart disease indeed exits due to nutritional issues. ( Here is just one link that summarizes this http://nutritionstudies.org/abolishing-heart-disease/ ).

Now, as the result of refusing to listen scientists like yourself I am active again, designing software again with the productivity just like I had 25 years ago when I was a junior software developer, starting new projects, investing in all kind of nonsenses, getting back to the stock market and most importantly I avoided the medication and operation that according to the doctors were inevitable and could expand my life's expectancy by a few years (they said that a few years ago). I have built up a knowledge in nutrition that is significantly more than 99.9% of doctors will ever have - which was to be honest not a difficult task as doctors know nothing about nutritions. One things is sure: 90% of all diabetes, high blood pressure and heart cases would be completely eliminated by proper diet and of course not listening to scientists like yourself.

What you eat is what you are.

TPTB_need_war God bless him is incorrect in many aspects of his nutrition regime (e.g coconut, having those extreme fasting stuff, etc) but it is fully understandable he expects that with some kind of diet his body will cure the disease. We need his coin and intelligence, and I hope TPTB_need_war will be not listening to scientists like yourself

I agree with everything you wrote. I even question the coconut and some days I haven't eaten it as I am trying to experiment to find out what works and what doesn't. One potential benefit of the coconut is the acids may be effective in correcting gut dysbiosis. Also if you are thinking that the saturated fat in coconut is bad for the heart, the opposite is true. Only coconut and olive oil are healthy oils for your heart and in general. But even so, I question my intake of coconut meat as a significant portion of diet and have not done that every day.

For the moment, I am more focused on getting my LIVING probiotics right, because of my case history and symptoms, I have a strong reason to implicate potential issues with my gut microflora. Also Kefir is known to be very good for even healthy individuals, so it is doesn't hurt to prioritize that.

My priority at the moment is trying to find a balance of nutrition and energy from a balanced diet that can hopefully stabilize my worsening symptoms (eyes and voice the worst lately) and allow me to work normally.

If anything the fasting enabled me to refocus away from land based meats toward fish, which I feel is the correct way to go.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:21:54 AM

That would be a huge mistake IMHO. All sensible researches - like the one that is about of life stock taken away from Norway in the 1940s on and many other researches - indicate that dairy products really bad for you even if you are healthy. Having MS and consuming dairy products is really not a good idea.

Pasteurized milk no doubt. Probably those Frankenstein A2 casein Holstein cows from the Netherlands. Please find research on those consuming raw milk with all the enzymes and good bacteria that are destroyed by pasteurization and the thousand year old breeds which were not genetically modified to be A2 casein. The author of gutcritters.com attributes his cure for his gut dysbiosis to consuming raw milk.

Also the process of fermenting removes the lactose and converts the milk into a healthier probiotic.

The enzymes and the properties of milk can help to form the mucus lining on the inside of the intestines. Babies have no immunity and they get all this from the enzymes in the raw mother's milk.

How can you possibly draw conclusions from a study that has an entirely different food?

Also I learned that it is A2 casein which is causing many of the problems with milk (in addiction to those who are lactose intolerant and also the fact that milk is pasteurized which makes it poison), and goat's milk is always A1 casein.

Really you need to more fine tune your research before you jump to such statements.

Your response?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:27:27 AM

Pasteurized milk no doubt. Please find research on those consuming raw milk with all the enzymes and good bacteria that are destroyed by pasteurization. The author of gutcritters.com attributes his cure for his gut dysbiosis to consuming raw milk.

Can you get raw milk kafir? I'd guess most packaged products are going to be heavily processed. In my area it is somewhat hard to find even unsweetened kafir or yogurt. Stores devote very little shelf space if they carry it at all, and often run out. Less true of those catering to eastern europeans.

If you think this stuff is important you should probably make your own.
altcoinUK

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:38:32 AM

Also if you are thinking that the saturated fat in coconut is bad for the heart, the opposite is true. Only coconut and olive oil are healthy oils for your heart and in general.

Yes, that was my understanding, that the saturated fat is a real issue with coconut.

Terms of olive oil (avoiding it helped me a lot with my heart condition regardless of the myth of Mediterranean diet which is nothing else just the large amount of vegetables compensates the negative effect of olive oil), I would like you check this out and please take the content into consideration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbALgjmZUek

My understanding is that the chemical content and the end result of olive oil is pretty much same as consuming plain sugar. There are some advance chemical analyses that pretty much came to the same conclusion as this popular video.

And perhaps this could be interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGGQxJLuVjg

If anything the fasting enabled me to refocus away from land based meats toward fish, which I feel is the correct way to go.

That's probably a good idea and that should help.

Take care of yourself :-))) we would like to read your posts a lot longer.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:42:48 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 01:25:54 AM by TPTB_need_war

Pasteurized milk no doubt. Please find research on those consuming raw milk with all the enzymes and good bacteria that are destroyed by pasteurization. The author of gutcritters.com attributes his cure for his gut dysbiosis to consuming raw milk.

Can you get raw milk kafir? I'd guess most packaged products are going to be heavily processed. In my area it is somewhat hard to find even unsweetened kafir or yogurt. Stores devote very little shelf space if they carry it at all, and often run out. Less true of those catering to eastern europeans.

As soon as I get my driver's license renewal (hopefully today since I have the ophthalmologist's medical certificate in hand), I will drive south 1 hour to a "Benedict Monastery" where I've been told I can buy raw cow and goat's milk. The cows are Holstein so I will probably not take the cow's milk. I will also explain to them why Holstein cows are bad and encourage them to add a native cow or other breed. I ate some locally produced goat's feta cheese this week for the first time in my life and didn't notice any adverse reaction. I presume it was pasteurized.

Yes I will make it myself and try to make it from raw goat's milk. I located two sellers of Kefir cultures in Manila who ship.

Tangential note: just because klee's symptoms aren't acutely correlated to gut pain as mine are, doesn't mean that diet (and lifestyle) isn't the cause. In my case, I need to be much better about being on the computer only 8 hours daily and outside doing activity some of the day. I am not saying I know what is best for him, but it bothers me when people assume that ketogenesis is helpful and they provide absolutely no evidence of that (only some gibberish theories about metabolism). Yet I provide evidence that ketogenesis has not shown any statistical evidence of being helpful for M.S.. It is not logical to tell me that because I don't have lab confirmed M.S. and gut dysbiosis, thus none of what I say or am experimenting applies.

altcoinUK

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:44:23 AM

Pasteurized milk no doubt. Probably those Frankenstein A2 casein Holstein cows from the Netherlands. Please find research on those consuming raw milk with all the enzymes and good bacteria that are destroyed by pasteurization and the thousand year old breeds which were not genetically modified to be A2 casein. The author of gutcritters.com attributes his cure for his gut dysbiosis to consuming raw milk.

Also the process of fermenting removes the lactose and converts the milk into a healthier probiotic.

The enzymes and the properties of milk can help to form the mucus lining on the inside of the intestines. Babies have no immunity and they get all this from the enzymes in the raw mother's milk.

How can you possibly draw conclusions from a study that has an entirely different food?

Also I learned that it is A2 casein which is causing many of the problems with milk (in addiction to those who are lactose intolerant and also the fact that milk is pasteurized which makes it poison), and goat's milk is always A1 casein.

Really you need to more fine tune your research before you jump to such statements.

Your response?

Of course I am not questioning the raw mother's milk for babies. The issues are with diary milk and the animal protein of it that is really an unnecessary supplement once you are over 3 years of age. In fact it causes significantly more harm than benefits.

I will dig out the researches from my archives with regards to that.

suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:03:18 AM

As soon as I get my driver's license renewal (hopefully today since I have the ophthalmologist's medical certificate in hand), I will drive south 1 hour to a "Benedict Monastery" where I've been told I can buy raw cow and goat's milk. The cows are Holstein so I will probably not take the cow's milk. I will also explain to them why Holstein cows are bad and encourage them to add a native cow or other breed. I ate some locally produced goat's feta cheese this week for the first time in my life and didn't notice any adverse reaction. I presume it was pasteurized.

Yes I will make it myself and try to make it from raw goat's milk. I located two sellers of Kefir cultures in Manila who ship.

Tangential note: just because klee's symptoms aren't acutely correlated to gut pain as mine are, doesn't mean that diet (and lifestyle) isn't the cause. In my case, I need to be much better about being on the computer only 8 hours daily and outside doing activity some of the day. I am not saying I know what is best for him, but it bothers me when people assume that ketogenesis is helpful and they provide absolutely no evidence of that (only some gibberish theories about metabolism). Yet I provide evidence that ketogenesis has not show any statistical evidence of being helpful for M.S.. It is not logical to tell me that because I don't have lab confirmed M.S. and gut dysbiosis, thus none of what I say or am experimenting applies.

I tried the water diet for 2 days then I stopped, I have a question!!! If i go passed 2 days ago will I be functioning enough to go to work 9-5?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 01:16:40 AM

Tangential note: just because klee's symptoms aren't acutely correlated to gut pain as mine are, doesn't mean that diet (and lifestyle) isn't the cause. In my case, I need to be much better about being on the computer only 8 hours daily and outside doing activity some of the day. I am not saying I know what is best for him, but it bothers me when people assume that ketogenesis is helpful and they provide absolutely no evidence of that (only some gibberish theories about metabolism). Yet I provide evidence that ketogenesis has not show any statistical evidence of being helpful for M.S.. It is not logical to tell me that because I don't have lab confirmed M.S. and gut dysbiosis, thus none of what I say or am experimenting applies.

I tried the water diet for 2 days then I stopped, I have a question!!! If i go passed 2 days ago will I be functioning enough to go to work 9-5?

I think the point is to develop awareness by tuning into yourself.  Only you would know then. From there you can develop receptivity/attunement to your environment and what you take in. When I did a water fast, around the second day I moved to ketosis and in addition to spending less energy on digestion, needed much less sleep. I broke the fourth day when these chefs offered some great food for free at a raw bar. Just take things slow... then slower, slower than you think and you'll be great.
altcoinUK

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:19:05 AM

Probably not. Water diet makes no sense at all. You need vital nutritions, without those nutritions you simply can't function. The question is from where you are getting the nutritions? With the programs I have pointed out you will get the healthy and necessary nutritions and in the same time avoiding stuff that causes diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, etc.  

Furthermore, everyone, not some but everyone with diabetes and heart diseases - except who were ultimately fucked up already and were virtually dead - and went to the plant diet of Esselstyn brought the health condition under control and then reversed the condition. That's fact - that's how the human body reacts to plant diet. So you can imagine what is the beneficial effect of plant diet on a healthy body. So don't do the water diet, just try experimenting with plant based diet for 3-4 weeks and you will see the real benefit of it.

EDIT:
Of course you don't need to take it to the extreme level, fish and seafood should be all right in my opinion even if Esselstyn says seafood is a big NO-NO. I am just trying to apply common sense in this case, that Japanese eat a lots of seafood and the life expectancy is the highest in Japan, therefore the data indicates that seafood probably wont kill you.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:22:45 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 01:34:51 AM by TPTB_need_war

Also if you are thinking that the saturated fat in coconut is bad for the heart, the opposite is true. Only coconut and olive oil are healthy oils for your heart and in general.

Yes, that was my understanding, that the saturated fat is a real issue with coconut.

Terms of olive oil (avoiding it helped me a lot with my heart condition regardless of the myth of Mediterranean diet which is nothing else just the large amount of vegetables compensates the negative effect of olive oil), I would like you check this out and please take the content into consideration

My understanding is that the chemical content and the end result of olive oil is pretty much same as consuming plain sugar. There are some advance chemical analyses that pretty much came to the same conclusion as this popular video.

Well he is ignoring the medium-chain fatty acid mechanism which form ketones instead of other metabolic process.

This video argues against olive oil (and he goes into Food Totalitarianism also):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBsNGiRgAA

He is arguing against coconut oil due to oxidation (which would be less of a case when I am eating it raw from the nut):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrpMekZsSk

What I am thinking is that if you imagine how the human race adapted, it is very doubtful that we were pressing vegetable oils and eating them. Instead we were eating what had the highest value of nutrition for the least effort in preparation. Thus it is very doubtful that we were eating olive oils and coconut oils.

Whereas, we were very likely eating raw, wild meat. And we likely eating sweet potatoes for carbohydrates. Raw milk might have been something we ate infrequently, ditto nuts, berries. We were likely getting our probiotics and enzymes from the raw (perhaps slightly barbecued over a fire) meat.

I think eating too much oils is probably the wrong way to go. But for the oils you must eat, coconut is the best.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:33:26 AM

I think the problem with meats is the meat we are eating is not wild, it laden with antibiotics, is fed with grains (even GMO grains), and then we cook it which removes all the healthful enzymes.

I absolutely love raw tuna kinilaw.

As for diet high in wild grown vegetables, that sounds good. And eating them raw instead of cooked is probably even better.

But you've got to also get your carbohydrates from a soluble fiber too and in more dense form, e.g. sweet potatoes.

And you can't go meatless. Vegetarians have severe malnutrition issues.

In my case, I think a very high priority is on supplementing probiotics as well as normalizing my diet to the above goals.

As for raw milk, if taken as a probiotic in Kefir with all the good enzymes and without the A2 casein, perhaps this will be medicinal during this period where I am trying to restore my gut. I think the only way to find out is to try.

altcoinUK

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:41:47 AM

Well he is ignoring the medium-chain fatty acid mechanism which form ketones instead of other metabolic process.

This video argues against olive oil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBsNGiRgAA

He is arguing against coconut oil due to oxidation (which would be less of a case when I am eating it raw from the nut):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrpMekZsSk

What I am thinking is that if you imagine how the human race adapted, it is very doubtful that we were pressing vegetable oils and eating them. Instead we were eating what had the highest value of nutrition for the least effort in preparation. Thus it is very doubtful that we were eating olive oils and coconut oils.

Whereas, we were very likely eating raw, wild meat. And we likely eating sweet potatoes for carbohydrates. Raw milk might have been something we ate infrequently, ditto nuts, berries. We were likely getting our probiotics and enzymes from the raw (perhaps slightly barbecued over a fire) meat.

I think eating too much oils is probably the wrong way to go. But for the oils you must eat, coconut is the best.

I don't think he is ignoring that, but he is focusing on the fat content of olive oil, namely that the fat content is a huge risk that exceed the benefits of olive oil. There are very few westerners who is immune to getting fat from olive oil. Being obese is the primary entry point to diabetes and heart diseases. Going to gym doesn't help on that as the fat is deposited in your blood vessels and your endothelial cells are damaged and no exercise can help about that. (See my very first link regarding this topic that discusses how extra fit young soldiers already had having cardiovascular diseases)

The coconut is confusing the hell out of me and yes, I need to do more research on that. I am sure you are absolutely right about eating it raw, that should be fine. I am eating raw all kind of things such as avocado and nuts which I not supposed to do according to the strict cardiovascular plant diet - still my chronic heart disease symptoms are gone, which tells me the human body can take the good substances from all raw plant foods. Just like me, many other cardiovascular patients reported no issues with avocado and nuts regardless what Esselstyn says, and I am not saying don't follow Esselstyn's program, what I am trying to say is that some alteration to it is fine in the majority of cases. (I understand this cardiovascular stuff is not applicable to your cases and I am just talking about it as it could be useful for others as eventually, at some age, 40% of population will be having cardiovascular problems).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:46:41 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 02:19:03 AM by TPTB_need_war

Once you heat an oil, it oxidizes and then it is surely no longer healthy.

I think coconut meat eaten raw has some beneficial qualities and we need good fats in our diet.

But I also think eating coconut as significant dietary intake is abnormal. I do not have a generic ancestry from the tropics. Even my gf cautioned me against eating too much of it. The filipinos eat it only occasionally.

altcoinUK

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:57:40 AM

And you can't go meatless. Vegetarians have severe malnutrition issues.

Probably you have noticed that I have the highest respect for your intelligence, but that was not a quite correct thing to say :-))) please don't spread that misconception.

Apart from B12 you can get absolutely everything from plant diet. And you could get vitamin B12 from non-dairy milks, meat substitutes, breakfast cereals, and one type of nutritional yeast.

There are many body builders not even on vegetarian but vegan diet. They never eat any animal products and they are having no malnutrition issues.

I have been playing football in all my life, I go to gym regularly and I have no less energy as the result of vegan diet. (Lately I am slipping back to having seafood, tuna, salmon once a week, but before that, when I was on strict vegan diet, I had no malnutrition issues as well).

Compared to the body weight one of the strongest and most muscular mammals is the gorilla, which never (or very rarely) eat any animal products. Our and gorilla's body, metabolism and vital organs pretty much works similarly.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:22:03 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 02:40:20 AM by TPTB_need_war

You are lying to yourself. You are eating fish because you were not getting the correct nutrition and your body told you so. Avocados are very high in fat. Your body is telling you that vegetables alone are malnutrition.

Gorillas and humans don't have the same stomach enzymes, and we don't have time to nibble vegetables continuously which is what would be required to get adequate energy for a sports lifestyle.

You did yourself a big health favor by eating much more vegetables and lowering your intake of transfats, polysaturated fats, oxidized fats, GMO meats, and other Frankenstein foods we eat in the modern world. But don't take it too far into an unscientific religion as those who argue for ketogenesis and fasting do as miracle cures for everything.

http://paleozonenutrition.com/2011/03/26/why-i-dont-recommend-a-low-fat-raw-vegan-diet/

http://paleozonenutrition.com/2011/03/05/30-bananas-a-day-durianrider-an-analysis-of-his-paleo-vegan-diet/

What about the calories and macro-nutrients, carbohydrate, protein and fat?

First as I’ve highlighted, Harley’s diet contains a massive number of calories, however due to his heavy exercise load, and relying totally on carbs for fuel he burns through a lot. It is probably just as well he burns so much fuel because he relies on large amounts of calories to provide some of his essential nutrients. If he did little exercise he would be eating far less and he would simply not be able get some essential nutrients. Indeed doing a lot of exercise and eating a lot of calories is necessary to the success of this diet as Dr Graham explains:

How come Harley needs to eat almost double the calories required for his needs? This seems an incredible waste of food resources. He also has a very high fibre intake. Looks like he might spend half the day on the toilet. Don Matesz has an excellent article explaining this:

Important nutrients only found in animal products

Creatine, necessary amongst other things for cognitive function: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604

Carnosine: This from That Paleo Guy. The Latest Uh-Oh for Vegetarians and Vegans: Carnosine

Choline: A key component on cell membranes. It also protects against fatty liver disease.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:30:46 AM

Aha! Perhaps our paleo ancestors (and the native tribes who today have 50% more species of gut microflora than we do), got it from eating raw vegetables!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9117178

So maybe I don't need the Kefir, maybe I just need to eat my wild species (not farmed) leafy greens raw (which I am doing as I write this).

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: