Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1851

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:29:31 AM

TPTB

The best of luck to you, my prickly virtual friend.  Drop by from time-to-time, don't be a stranger.

I have no way to suggest anything to improve your health, other than a careful examination of the power of prayer.  Done correctly, and with an honest attempt to live as virtuous a life as possible, there is no greater power.  I am a witness.

The time is NOW.

The Sermon on the Mount
Emmet Fox

Perhaps the granddaddy of all self-help writers, saving millions since 1939.  "It's not what you think, or rather it is what you think."

Worked for me, it can work for you.

EDIT:

Thanks re TOR comments, I had read a comment or two along those lines not too long ago (yours?).  I don't need the details...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 05:36:37 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 06:18:54 AM by generalizethis

I was only going off of what you wrote, much like your mother was probably going off of what you said. I have little to no interest in the 9/11 dialogue. I love art and literature and am knowledgeable based on the time I spend nurturing that love, so don't expect me to research beyond what you provide, and what you provided didn't provide enough info to jump to the conclusion you insisted was logical--again, your mom is a wise woman.

All that detail was all provided in the videos I linked to, but which you did not bother to watch.

You want everything in a sound bite, because you believe what you want to believe. I have no problem with you're desire to be ignorant of the details, but next time when I tell you have have 7+ years of research then don't abuse me with the slander about me being a kook (I wasn't pulling some random inkblot, rather I was illuminating your ingrained blindblot spot).

Indeed my mother isn't an engineer, isn't thorough and thus isn't aware of what is going on. She knows there is probably horrific shit that she doesn't want to know. And I respect her choice not to delve into it, for as long as she respects my choice to do so and as long as she doesn't criticize me behind my back without having the facts to criticize me with.

You do not know which issues I am expert and not expert. You have no basis to know. We barely know each other. You have not sat with me all these years behind my desk.

I don't claim to be anything great. I was here to share my research with those who wanted to review the details.

And now I desire to retire from this forum because I've said it all. What is the point of talking more.

I was only commenting on what you wrote (were the vids included in the mom post?) and my response isn't lacking for what you wrote. Throwing information at opponents in an attempt to wear them down is you MO, so sorry if I don't fall for the ploy.

As for what I can tell about your expertise, i can tell you know little about visual art (as is evidenced by your cherry picking pieces of the airport murals to coalesce and fit a preconceived idea about NWOs), and I know you know little about literature as is evidenced by the poem you posted and your grasping in the shadows of Revelations for a handhold to reach your preconceived ideas about NWOs. Stick to technology; your expertise aren't in question in that field and i've shown you your deserved respect in that area as I'm pretty good at discerning when someone is an expert and when they are talking out of their ass.

And i hope you stay and help with the technological aspects of privacy and security. I respect you, just don't think you are an expert in everything. Sorry if that pisses you off, but don't read too much into it.

suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:22:37 AM

TPTB

The best of luck to you, my prickly virtual friend.  Drop by from time-to-time, don't be a stranger.

I have no way to suggest anything to improve your health, other than a careful examination of the power of prayer.  Done correctly, and with an honest attempt to live as virtuous a life as possible, there is no greater power.  I am a witness.

The time is NOW.

The Sermon on the Mount
Emmet Fox

Perhaps the granddaddy of all self-help writers, saving millions since 1939.  "It's not what you think, or rather it is what you think."

Worked for me, it can work for you.

EDIT:

Thanks re TOR comments, I had read a comment or two along those lines not too long ago (yours?).  I don't need the details...

Oh yea a question for all of you, is it possible to do the water diet, and also work a 9-5 job. Or even a banana for one day?

EDIT: I tried 2 days of it but when does all the annoying feeling wear off.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:57:24 AM

Rumor has had it for sometime that TOR is compromised, and I mean completely so.  Not just the entry & exit points I have read about.
Anyone able to comment on that?  I am considering the long process (for me, a non-tekkie) of installing and learning it.

I'm still using TOR for syncing my wallet(s). It doesn't require extra abilities, the only thing to do is run TOR browser and declare into the BTC wallet the 127.0.0.1:9050 or 9150 port for proxy. As for the anonymous part of I2P and TOR, that TPTB_need_war said that they're not anonymous from secret services; it's most-of-the-part true. The TOR compromise was based in DNS leaks, which can be avoided if you do basic things right. By that I mean: There ARE ways to keep yourself anonymous if you want.

The idea (often told it here) is to keep an anonymous profile yourself AND using an OS that's anonymous as-built ONLY WHEN YOU NEED IT. Operating systems you want to look for (even try migrating there if you need to be anonymous):

A last note: Anything that happens ONLINE is potentially non anonymous. It's easy if you're targeted to be revealed. That's why you should be using anonymity ONLY WHEN YOU NEED IT. Simple as that.

Cheers.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:43:02 PM

...If my prayers can be answered, I will so busy doing my life I won't have time for this forum...

...Bye again and good luck to every one. I hope you all can learn to be more discerning of reality. Remember reality is elusive because it is colored by our preconceptions, our interests, our insecurities (and contrived delusions to satisfy them erroneously), and our laziness to research and distinguish facts from conjecture...

...I hope something great comes out of all the effort we all put here...
TPTB

The best of luck to you, my prickly virtual friend.  Drop by from time-to-time, don't be a stranger.

I'll second that. I sincerely hope it works out. Many here I'm sure would appreciate being directed towards updates regarding the coin project...as we move towards a point in time where our freedoms and creativity could be tragically curtailed. 

Maybe an idea for the future would be your own Armstrong-style blog (including your take and interpretations of his ECM) and an easily searchable source of your writings. By turns challenging, engrossing, aggravating, entertaining...and mind-stretching.
suda123

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:55:39 PM

I was only going off of what you wrote, much like your mother was probably going off of what you said. I have little to no interest in the 9/11 dialogue. I love art and literature and am knowledgeable based on the time I spend nurturing that love, so don't expect me to research beyond what you provide, and what you provided didn't provide enough info to jump to the conclusion you insisted was logical--again, your mom is a wise woman.

All that detail was all provided in the videos I linked to, but which you did not bother to watch.

You want everything in a sound bite, because you believe what you want to believe. I have no problem with you're desire to be ignorant of the details, but next time when I tell you have have 7+ years of research then don't abuse me with the slander about me being a kook (I wasn't pulling some random inkblot, rather I was illuminating your ingrained blindblot spot).

Indeed my mother isn't an engineer, isn't thorough and thus isn't aware of what is going on. She knows there is probably horrific shit that she doesn't want to know. And I respect her choice not to delve into it, for as long as she respects my choice to do so and as long as she doesn't criticize me behind my back without having the facts to criticize me with.

You do not know which issues I am expert and not expert. You have no basis to know. We barely know each other. You have not sat with me all these years behind my desk.

I don't claim to be anything great. I was here to share my research with those who wanted to review the details.

And now I desire to retire from this forum because I've said it all. What is the point of talking more.

Instead I pray to be able (and it is far from certain as to whether I can given an chronic illness that supposedly has no cure) to spend my days doing those activities which I love to do which are so much more satiating for my soul:

• Training hard every day. Exploring the limits of my athleticism, mental toughness, and endurance at age 50. Various sports.
  • Programming new software. Creating new technologies.
  • Riding motorcycles, music, joking, interacting, socializing, and exploring.

I am so hungry for the first two especially. Several years of drought. If my prayers can be answered, I will so busy doing my life I won't have time for this forum.

Bye again and good luck to every one. I hope you all can learn to be more discerning of reality. Remember reality is elusive because it is colored by our preconceptions, our interests, our insecurities (and contrived delusions to satisfy them erroneously), and our laziness to research and distinguish facts from conjecture.

I hope something great comes out of all the effort we all put here. And many of you have put a lot of effort here, but I doubt many of you have put more effort than I have here. Perhaps smooth excepted but damn smooth as much as I respect your efforts and logic, Armstrong was railroaded by the organized criminals and wasn't given a public hearing and you pushed the stance that is some form of official result ... sorry I can't respect that as objective of basic humanity. Clarity of discernment is so important when driving decisions. Again literalness is not reality. Discernment determines our reality. You want navigate in the center with counter-balancing logic. Fine I respect your choice. I would rather stand for something and that which I believe to be best of my ability is the truth.

Today we  choose who and what we will be. We can repeat the same habits or we can dig down inside ourselves if we really want a change. There is no better time to start than now.

OROBTC, Tor and I2P are not going to be anonymous against national security agencies. Period. Detailed explanations of these issues written in language that laymen can understand will come at a different time and in a different venue. There is no sense in me writing such details here in a forum as it will soon be buried and no one will find it ever again any way.

2068    Economy / Speculation / Re: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.   on: June 11, 2015, 05:19:14 AM
Quote from: cypherdoc on June 11, 2015, 03:12:19 AM
marcus of augustus stooping to new lows:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/39bwwn/arguments_in_the_bitcoin_block_size_debate_an/cs2f6fm

talking about bitcoin-killing extensions, game overs, and ELE "extinction level events"  Roll Eyes

Your inability to remember programming facts and tie them together appears to cause your myopic chatterbox to ululate incessantly but fortunately not inexorably.

Larger blocks are a centralization accelerant for the reasons I explained upthread (which was mirrored in some points to you posted at Reddedit by nullc et al). You or others rebutted that IBLT resolves the centralized threat (that is due to higher orphan rate due to propagation delays for less well endowed full nodes) because all the transactions are in the mempool. I and others have pointed out that IBLT is just sugar coated obfuscation of centralization because all full nodes still have to process all transactions (note the variances in mempools that IBLT can tolerate must be very small) driving full node resource requirements up (forcing them off of home connections and onto well connected hosting which is more easily regulated by the cartel via their control of governments), else trust a full node.

Centralization enables an ELE event which is quite plausible and has been explained by myself several times in this thread. That is where the cartel masters via Circle, Coinbase, Paypal, Facebook, 21 Inc, etc move their zombie masses onto to a fork (probably a pegged side chain in order to avoid the WMD war with the MPEX GavinCoin short) which has the technical attributes they want such as central bank controlled debasement rates and mandatory KYC on all transactions, then they can wreck havoc on the Core chain causing users to move their value out of it and to this cartel side chain. The sort of havoc they can do on Core include for example G7 (perhaps G20) countries regulation of pools forcing KYC to accompany all transactions. As the Core chain becomes a minority chain (declining transaction volume) its hashrate will plummet and then the cartel can buyout some mining farms (which have become worth much less due to the plummet) to 50+% attack the Core chain. While the cartel is moving its masses onto Core driving up the transaction volume for ASIC farms, thus increasing the size of loans to create them, thus when they pull the rug (by moving the zombie masses to their pegged side chain) these ASIC mining farms will go bankrupt.

Larger blocks forces more users to delegate to full nodes (with or without IBLT), providing more top-down organization for the cartel to work its way towards this end goal. When they are ready to wreck havoc on the Core chain later, the larger the blocks, then the more they can more easily wreck havoc against the remaining full nodes they don't control. For example, undulating resource requirements by moving their zombie masses' transactions on and off the Core chain, can cause remaining full nodes to commit to higher cost hosting while capturing only a fraction of the transaction revenue. The attacks that larger blocks enable are probably more than I can enumerate in one post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TPTB

http://www.coindesk.com/blockstream-commercial-sidechain-bitcoin-exchanges/

So do I go to a cold wallet or something or do I stick with USD then buy a whole bunch of bitcoin?

im trying to read your archives
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:53:44 PM

Haha the thread is now a giant novelty farewell card for TPTB, but seriously good luck with your health mate, I hope you find your cure.
trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:31:35 PM

A last note: Anything that happens ONLINE is potentially non anonymous. It's easy if you're targeted to be revealed. That's why you should be using anonymity ONLY WHEN YOU NEED IT. Simple as that.

Cheers.

I think this is important, the establishment is getting smarter at tracking us, we need to leave them a non anonymous footprint.

You will need to appear incompetent to be (hopefully) left alone.
suda123

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:36:33 PM

Cheers.

I think this is important, the establishment is getting smarter at tracking us, we need to leave them a non anonymous footprint.

You will need to appear incompetent to be (hopefully) left alone.

everyone would be speaking in memes, sarcasm or satire,

Oh my god the gubbermint is so gewd and dabes they are totally not etc,

Naw people will always find a way to do things.

If bitcoin gets tracked whats the next coin anyways for true anonmoose distribution monero?
trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:49:44 PM

I have no idea, I am not holding any crypto at the moment apart from a few aeon coins which I was speculating on.

I don't think it's time has come and nor have the bulltards and speculators been shaken out of bitcoin/alts.

I would hold USD and wait for a better time buy, but I am someone who you should also not take financial advice from.
suda123

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:38:18 AM

I have no idea, I am not holding any crypto at the moment apart from a few aeon coins which I was speculating on.

I don't think it's time has come and nor have the bulltards and speculators been shaken out of bitcoin/alts.

I would hold USD and wait for a better time buy, but I am someone who you should also not take financial advice from.

Bah any information is good, ill look into aeon
THX 1138

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:32:51 PM

OROBTC, heard about this?

Perú Posible, a centre-leaning party led by former president Alejando Toledo...told Peruvian newspaper El Comercio the party would propose using the blockchain to help ease societal issues and combat corruption.

http://www.coindesk.com/peruvian-presidential-campaign-pursuing-blockchain-solutions/

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1851

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:03:24 PM

OROBTC, heard about this?

Perú Posible, a centre-leaning party led by former president Alejando Toledo...told Peruvian newspaper El Comercio the party would propose using the blockchain to help ease societal issues and combat corruption.

http://www.coindesk.com/peruvian-presidential-campaign-pursuing-blockchain-solutions/

Oh, I missed that!  Thank you very much for that link.

There are various ideas floating around re "documentation uses" of the blockchain.  Honduras is working with factom.org to put title records on the blockchain, it seems like a great idea.

Peru in some ways is rather advanced in technology applications.  Our company there has to submit ALL of our financial transactions to their taxation authorities BY EMAIL ON MS EXCEL.

Just FYI, Toledo was not a bad president of Peru.  A little corrupt, but who isn't at that level in S. America.  Toledo was educated, in part anyway, at Harvard and was Peru's first elected indigenous president.  By Peruvian standards, Toledo was a pretty good president, fairly friendly to business and incoming foreign investment.

EDIT:

THX 1138, I just emailed the info down to my in-laws for their info.
THX 1138

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 07:30:15 PM

Oh, I missed that!  Thank you very much for that link.

There are various ideas floating around re "documentation uses" of the blockchain.  Honduras is working with factom.org to put title records on the blockchain, it seems like a great idea.

Peru in some ways is rather advanced in technology applications.  Our company there has to submit ALL of our financial transactions to their taxation authorities BY EMAIL ON MS EXCEL.

Just FYI, Toledo was not a bad president of Peru.  A little corrupt, but who isn't at that level in S. America.  Toledo was educated, in part anyway, at Harvard and was Peru's first elected indigenous president.  By Peruvian standards, Toledo was a pretty good president, fairly friendly to business and incoming foreign investment.

EDIT:

THX 1138, I just emailed the info down to my in-laws for their info.

Maybe it will be the case that some smaller countries will be able to move faster when it comes to adopting blockchain technology, being less held back by unwieldy and slow-moving government legislative processes (like here in the UK) and long ingrained protection of vested interests - we'll see.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:18:30 PM

I had to come back to post something very important. Seems Monero is attempting to duplicate my invention. I will be posting this on the Ion thread as well.

The brand new Ring Confidential Transactions for Monero appears to me to be broken:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3oi16k/ring_ct_for_monero_a_work_in_progress_comments/cvzval5

P.S. my health is not going well. I am pretty much giving on trying any therapies (because nothing works and I've tried "everything") until and if ever I can afford the best research specialists doing diagnostics on me. So don't expect too much from me. But I am still trying. I did run 9 kilometers in the past 2 days but today was a total Chronic Fatigue day bed ridden.

Oh I am still retired from this forum. The above required my posting.

i can tell you know little about visual art (as is evidenced by your cherry picking pieces of the airport murals to coalesce and fit a preconceived idea about NWOs)

There aren't any other $5.2 billion projects with that style of art. That isn't cherry picking. It is probabilistic analysis of who is capable of what.

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:41:12 PM

I had to come back to post something very important. Seems Monero is attempting to duplicate my invention. I will be posting this on the Ion thread as well.

The brand new Ring Confidential Transactions for Monero appears to me to be broken:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3oi16k/ring_ct_for_monero_a_work_in_progress_comments/cvzval5

P.S. my health is not going well. I am pretty much giving on trying any therapies (because nothing works and I've tried "everything") until and if ever I can afford the best research specialists doing diagnostics on me. So don't expect too much from me. But I am still trying. I did run 9 kilometers in the past 2 days but today was a total Chronic Fatigue day bed ridden.

i can tell you know little about visual art (as is evidenced by your cherry picking pieces of the airport murals to coalesce and fit a preconceived idea about NWOs)

There aren't any other $5.2 billion projects with that style of art. That isn't cherry picking. It is probabilistic analysis of who is capable of what.

This is good. Monero can be the light. People involved in that project are working hard and the community is growing.
suda123

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:23:29 PM

This is good. Monero can be the light. People involved in that project are working hard and the community is growing.

uhoh time to buy some moneros
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:13:15 AM

I said I believe their attempt is broken and I don't think they know how to solve it the way I did.

Amazing how people misinterpret what I write. You think just because they made a (what I allege is a broken) attempt that means they can invent what I did. Rather I see that they apparently didn't even realize their mistake, so they aren't even close to figuring out how to invent what I did.

I might be wrong, so I await more replies from them over at Reddit.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:34:20 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 06:54:21 AM by Johnny Mnemonic

I said I believe their attempt is broken and I don't think they know how to solve it the way I did.

Amazing how people misinterpret what I write. You think just because they made a (what I allege is a broken) attempt that means they can invent what I did. Rather I see that they apparently didn't even realize their mistake, so they aren't even close to figuring out how to invent what I did.

I might be wrong, so I await more replies from them over at Reddit.

If what you're saying is true, what do you stand to gain from Monero wasting time and effort, especially considering your statements about your health limiting your productivity?

If your health won't allow you to write your own code, why not privately disclose your anonymity scheme to the Monero devs (or another project if you don't like Monero) for a smaller amount paid in XMR, and profit from its success?

Your current approach of being unable to program and unwilling to share your insights benefits nobody, including yourself.

EDIT: No need to respond. You answered in another thread.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 03:37:33 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 05:22:09 AM by generalizethis

I imagine the cost adjustment on the The Sistine Chapel was that or higher and Michelangelo still managed to put his own spin in that work with a church (who had set the themes and had the power of public execution working in their favor) watching his every brush stroke-- so yeah artist are still smarter (at least when it comes to their art) than the people who think they are lording over them. But that's all theater; your analysis of the work is what's under question. And when i say cherry picking, I mean you are cherry picking images out of the larger work to fit a theory that the overall work doesn't correspond to (at least not in a very convincing way).

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: