Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:03:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew is renigging on his bet. He doesn't recognize Pirate's debt to Goat.  (Read 3282 times)
Coincomm (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:46:02 AM

imsaguy, please explain.
This. Pirate's agreement with Goat only includes themselves. Nobody else.

Its basically 3rd party beneficiary.  The bond never limited this liability.  The whole reason goat setup the bond was so others could use it as a PPT.  It was setup to benefit someone else.

Fuck it this is all silliness and FUD... I highly suspect pirate is just fucking around and playing games...  

Ditto.

You better do good on your bet, you fucker. I will not pay if you pull this shit.

Atlas? Are you threatened?

I am not your fucktarded buddy. Take a look at your bet thread and take a guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:56:24 AM

imsaguy, please explain.
This. Pirate's agreement with Goat only includes themselves. Nobody else.

Its basically 3rd party beneficiary.  The bond never limited this liability.  The whole reason goat setup the bond was so others could use it as a PPT.  It was setup to benefit someone else.

To some extent, I think the question revolves around who would have standing to sue pirate - the investors or the PPT operators.  Pirate's not obliged to pay anyone who has no legal standing to collect the debts owed or accept settlements on their behalf and it's not clear that the agreements made between the investors and the pass-throughs give their operators that authority.  It's definitely not clear that the PPT operators would have a claim that is provable in bankruptcy if pirate goes through a legal insolvency process (which seems unlikely if his business model involved illegal activity as so many suspect).

I definitely want to hear what transpires at the next supersekrit IRC meeting, especially as GPUMax payments have reportedly been flaky lately.

Just out of interest.  Are any of the PPT operators going to agree to a settlement on undisclosed terms if that's what pirate demands?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
repentance

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:02:48 AM

No fucking way would i do that.

Pleased to hear it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PinkyPie

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 09:50:28 AM

I thought matthew had already lost his bet...

Quote from: Hexadecibel

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
If he owes 100% and only pays back 90% without agreement to investors, -that- is fraud and a failure to pay back. I would obviously lose the bet.
If he owes 100% and only pays back 90% but the investors agreed to it, -that- is the agreement and therefor he has paid it back. I would win the bet.
If he owes 100% and pays back 100%, I would win the bet.
If he owes 100% and does not pay anything anything back, I would lose the bet.

but then:

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread.

And pirate's thread:

Quote from: Pirateat40
When will I get my coins?
Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred.  I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.

By this criteria Matthew has lost the bet. Pirate has admitted default and interest is no longer accruing which is in breach of the terms. QED.
repentance

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 10:16:06 AM

If he owes 100% and only pays back 90% without agreement to investors, -that- is fraud and a failure to pay back. I would obviously lose the bet.
If he owes 100% and only pays back 90% but the investors agreed to it, -that- is the agreement and therefor he has paid it back. I would win the bet.

but then:

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread.

And pirate's thread:

Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred.  I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.

By this criteria Matthew has lost the bet. Pirate has admitted default and interest is no longer accruing which is in breach of the terms. QED.

Under the terms of the bet, pirate has until 9 September to pay the investors 100% of what they are owed or an alternative amount agreed to by the investors.  However certain it might seem that pirate will do neither, the date was set in the original bet and there's no reason to require Matthew to pay out before that time. 

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 02:33:43 PM

but then:

And pirate's thread:

Under the terms of the bet, pirate has until 9 September to pay the investors 100% of what they are owed or an alternative amount agreed to by the investors.  However certain it might seem that pirate will do neither, the date was set in the original bet and there's no reason to require Matthew to pay out before that time. 

I concur, it does look like he lost and there's really no way to win but might as well stick to the deadline.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:35:14 PM

but then:

And pirate's thread:

When I made my bet, I put the specific caveat in my bet that I win if pirate doesn't pay out 100% (regardless of any agreement by pirate). He agreed to those terms when he accepted the bet, so he is not weasling out that easy.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:39:57 PM

You'd have to be either naive or just out to make a point to get in a bet with a piece of shit like Matthew. The guy is a meth head sleazeball who has yet to do anything meaningful in life.

I'm grumpy!!
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:42:17 PM

.......a meth head sleazeball who has yet to do anything meaningful in life.

I take offense to that. METH IS AWESOME....and some of us are just a bit 'behind schedule' in life Wink

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 02:44:11 PM

You'd have to be either naive or just out to make a point to get in a bet with a piece of shit like Matthew. The guy is a meth head sleazeball who has yet to do anything meaningful in life.

[需要的引證]

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:49:37 PM

Of course Pirate would rather not pay Goat, who he thinks is his little bitch, than not paying potentially dangerous fuckers he doesn't know.

As for the bet, the good thing is that Bitcoin London 2012 is a good 1 week after it's settled and Matthew will be there Cheesy

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 02:53:06 PM

It's spelled "renege", Coincomm. Not "renigg". That's not even a word. Why should I pay attention to what you write if you can't spell?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:11:02 PM

He probably learned the word by playing spades at summer camp.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 03:13:20 PM

........ a piece of shit like Matthew. The guy is a meth head sleazeball .....

Proof or it never happened.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:28:17 PM

You better do good on your bet, you fucker. I will not pay if you pull this shit.

I am not your fucktarded buddy. Take a look at your bet thread and take a guess.

Taking into account that the only 2 persons who ever used the word renigging on this board were MNW himself and FreeMoney I would say you are FreeMoney. lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66988.msg780435#msg780435
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93401.msg1031723#msg1031723
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 03:35:19 PM

There is no common law on the books that allows you to create liability for other people by using their products or otherwise.
Not true. See my post about intended third party beneficiaries. The PPT operator has no incentive to pursue Pirate, so equity requires the pass through account holders be able to hold Pirate liable for his default to the PPT operator. Pirate's obligation is to the operators, but most likely PPT holders can enforce it due to their standing as creditor beneficiaries.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

Taking into account that the only 2 persons who ever used the word renigging on this board were MNW himself and FreeMoney I would say you are FreeMoney. lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66988.msg780435#msg780435
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93401.msg1031723#msg1031723

I would lol and bet he is MNW!  Smiley

But MNW didn't bet against MNW. FreeMoney did. 250BTC.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751.msg1121350#msg1121350
250BTC
1NB7tHLzccurAudr7n3RtjjuxeirCqoGGG
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 03:51:06 PM

"The PPT operator has no incentive to pursue Pirate"  Yeah fucking right... Not only do I hold 1/4th of the bonds but...
I'm only talking about debt corresponding to sold bonds.

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 03:55:06 PM

"The PPT operator has no incentive to pursue Pirate"  Yeah fucking right... Not only do I hold 1/4th of the bonds but...

I bought 1/4th of my bonds.
Right, and as PPT operator, you have no incentive to pursue Pirate for those bonds. As the bond holder, you do.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 03:58:19 PM

"The PPT operator has no incentive to pursue Pirate"  Yeah fucking right... Not only do I hold 1/4th of the bonds but...

I bought 1/4th of my bonds.
Right, and as PPT operator, you have no incentive to pursue Pirate for those bonds. As the bond holder, you do.

What happened to the sandwich, Joel? Does not the deli owner have incentive to chase you down?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: