Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HungerCoins: sustainable or not?  (Read 2390 times)
iamtheone (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:57:22 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 08:55:27 AM by iamtheone

I believe I can prove that HungerCoins Invest and HungerCoins Lottery is a sustainable business model just even both of them and I can even attempt to increase the jackpot payout for HungerCoins Lottery to 50,000 BTC for just a 0.01 BTC ticket. Just by continuously varying the confirmation times of HungerCoins Invest, I can continuously sustain both operations indefinitely. It is unfortunate that simple concepts of economics and statistics would draw the ire of no less than supposedly smart bitcoin developers. I would like to challenge anyone to a friendly debate if anybody can disprove my claim.

I think HungerCoins Invest and HungerCoins Lottery is a brilliant idea. I expect others will even attempt the same. But too early into my life in this forum, I never thought people could be so hostile for things they don't understand or won't even attempt to understand.

Now I even start to doubt the future of bitcoin if the mentality and logic of supposedly smart bitcoin developers is to kill budding businesses trying to support the very project they claim to be the future of currency.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamtheone (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:39:01 AM

I don't understand what you don't understand about the response.

What happens if(when) people stop playing?

How will you return the bitcoins to people that you have already paid out in winnings/interest? If you are not able to answer the above, then your system is a ponzi, and deserves the scorn it has been given.

HC Lottery has positive expected value. HC Invest has a negative expected value. The confirmation time of HC Invest will be adjusted to maintain the balance so that the net expected value will always be positive. The interest rate that we pay for HC Invest will initially come from the starting capital and from HC Lottery.

If you compute it, HC Lottery a receives a lot more interest than HC Invest pays. And since the confirmation times will have an effect for the effective interest and also the buffer levels, it will be continuously adjusted to maintain the balance of being attractive enough and being affordable enough.
bencoder

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:43:38 AM

Yes I didn't fully investigate the differences between the two schemes. I understand the model, so I deleted the post.

Still though, what happens if you don't get enough plays on HC Lotto to cover the investments on HC Invest?
iamtheone (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:47:59 AM

Yes I didn't fully investigate the differences between the two schemes. I understand the model, so I deleted the post.

Still though, what happens if you don't get enough plays on HC Lotto to cover the investments on HC Invest?

A starting capital will pay for the interest on HC Invest. It is not much. And if HC Invest will take so much money, we will either control it either by increasing confirmation times to slow it down and in effect pay lower interest which in effect reduce the buffer levels, or we can also add new investments opportunities like lending to other people for higher interest and we can also increase the jackpot of HC Lottery since we will have enough buffers to smoothen out the variance in small bet/big payout gaming systems.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:15:05 AM

You have the 500 or not?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
iamtheone (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 09:19:19 AM

You have the 500 or not?

Nope. LOL.  Tongue
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:24:52 AM

This is a scam if you dont have the coins.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:35:19 AM

This is a scam if you dont have the coins.

I'm in!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:51:40 AM

lol

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:28:00 PM

HC Lottery has positive expected value. HC Invest has a negative expected value.

You know what would be even more profitable and sustainable than running HC Lottery and HC Invest?

Just running HC Lottery.

Why run a -EV game at all?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:58:10 PM

Now I even start to doubt the future of bitcoin if the mentality and logic of supposedly smart bitcoin developers is to kill budding businesses trying to support the very project they claim to be the future of currency.

Aah, so all you're saying is that the future of bitcoin business is getting payed by lotteries!
I get it!
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:32:03 PM

Whether it is sustainable is irrelevant, HungerCoins can get a lot more a lot quicker by stopping payback.  If they were honest they would have posted their identities. 

Fellow Bitcoiners: the negative exposure from scams are harming bitcoin!  Would you hand cash to a complete stranger?  Don't hand it to these guys until they tell us who they are.

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:04:05 PM

I believe I can prove that HungerCoins Invest and HungerCoins Lottery is a sustainable business model
If you'd like to get in the business of proving things, you could start by demonstrating your honesty. You claim to be representing a large corporation but you will not disclose which, or any other information which could be used to seek remedy if your operation ultimately rips people off. I've previously stated that your activity is harming myself and other bitcoin users, and requested you have your supervisor contact me.

As far as I can tell you're just another scammy ponzi operator, but one that catches my particular attention because the pointeless high transaction loads you generate makes bitcoin slower for all its users.  But feel free to prove my position as paranoid…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: