Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good ways to invest Bitcoins  (Read 11376 times)
regtrade (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:43:30 PM

What is there to invest Bitcoins in without having to cash out to fiat first?

I was looking for ways to buy physical gold (held in bank), stocks/shares, stuff like that, but options seem very limited.

Any ideas?

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:32:15 PM

if you want to have bitcoin without using fiat, you can try mining, or some altcoin(always by mining)

or with some altcoin that do a giveaway
regtrade (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:44:44 PM

if you want to have bitcoin without using fiat, you can try mining, or some altcoin(always by mining)

or with some altcoin that do a giveaway

Sorry maybe I wasnt clear with my post Smiley

I want to spend my bitcoins on other investments to diversify a bit

eg pay for physical gold using my bitcoin

edit: but ideally I was thinking a certificate of ownership for gold held in swiss banks. Not just buying gold coins in the post.

assets which ownership is held digitally would be ideal (think certificates of ownership)

❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
regtrade (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:09:08 PM

think services like this:

https://www.bullionvault.com/

something that can be invested in, and then sold for fiat if wanted in a few years time without having to take delivery and keep a bunch of assets lying around the house.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:26:08 PM

think services like this:

https://www.bullionvault.com/

something that can be invested in, and then sold for fiat if wanted in a few years time without having to take delivery and keep a bunch of assets lying around the house.

oh i get it, you need to buy virtual assets with bitcoin, maybe this is what you want? https://bullionbitcoin.com/faqs

i can't find many others

p.s. actually it seems that they deliver physical gold too..mmmh
regtrade (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:08:46 PM

that looks very interesting, thankyou.

The rates on bullion aren't bad, even when delivered at £50 postage

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 09:53:46 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1029179.msg11131373#msg11131373

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2156
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:04:17 AM

anyone try bitcoin lending?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 07:25:11 AM

assets which ownership is held digitally would be ideal (think certificates of ownership)

take a look at ARCH  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=831777.0

the coins represent shares in the the ARCH Network companies, when there sales profits go toward market buying arch coins as a way of paying out dividends to share holders. 

http://moby.io/

Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774359.0
Deposit your bitcoin to earn bitcoin interesets.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:50:42 AM

Funding cool projects or lending money to interesting ideas might be possible. I'm not sure how much funding something Boost.VC needs but participating in those rounds might be good if you've got the BTC to participate.

Satu

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:54:48 AM

A faucet. Many people who open faucet and earn more Bitcoin from there. However sometime faucet can also fail. It depend mostly on your payout and advertising.

Hint: Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature. Signatures taller than 42px will be cut off.
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:02:22 AM

Funding cool projects or lending money to interesting ideas might be possible. I'm not sure how much funding something Boost.VC needs but participating in those rounds might be good if you've got the BTC to participate.
There are a lot of scams risks around crypto world. Be aware of them.  Always research before investing your hard earned bit[Suspicious link removed]d luck for you!
regtrade (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:27:37 AM

loaning bitcoin is dangerous due to the high volatility of the currency.

If it goes down in value, sure you get paid back but you get less than you lent out.
If it goes up in value,  you risk the borrower defaulting as he now has to pay back double/triple+++ what he borrowed

Yes you can compensate for these factors to an extent but it seems like very low returns once you factor everything in, and quite labour intensive. Plus you are still dealing in bitcoins, so it does not diversify your portfolio at all.

Buying gold is a great example, and I will almost certainly do so Smiley

Next up, an S&P 500 index tracker paid for with bitcoins please!

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:17:16 AM

This might be exactly what you're looking for.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1043118.msg11317850#msg11317850
chriswen

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:18:00 AM

If it goes down in value, sure you get paid back but you get less than you lent out.
If it goes up in value,  you risk the borrower defaulting as he now has to pay back double/triple+++ what he borrowed

Yes you can compensate for these factors to an extent but it seems like very low returns once you factor everything in, and quite labour intensive. Plus you are still dealing in bitcoins, so it does not diversify your portfolio at all.

With 1 broker you can trade the S&P 500. (and much more)
regtrade (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:45:24 AM

If it goes up in value,  you risk the borrower defaulting as he now has to pay back double/triple+++ what he borrowed

With 1 broker you can trade the S&P 500. (and much more)

Solid post thankyou. The thing that puts me off is that everything is settled in Bitcoin, so the investment is still hinging on Bitcoins value.
I would prefer it to be settled in say dollars, euros, gbp, a currency of choice and then wired to bank or just converted back to BTC at withdrawal.

It is a good way to tuck some coins away if they pass due diligence though.

chriswen

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:29:51 AM

Solid post thankyou. The thing that puts me off is that everything is settled in Bitcoin, so the investment is still hinging on Bitcoins value.
I would prefer it to be settled in say dollars, euros, gbp, a currency of choice and then wired to bank or just converted back to BTC at withdrawal.

It is a good way to tuck some coins away if they pass due diligence though.

Yeah do your research on it.  I know a lot of traders who use it.

Well if you really wanted, you could short BTC to protect your investment.

You could hedge your investment by getting some PUT options OTC.

Finex margin shorts wouldn't work with the interest.

Okcoin quarterly shorts might work best.  They also sometimes trade at a premium so you get bonus interest.  But you'd be utilizing capital that could be invested in futures.  And you'd want your futures to have lower leverage to keep yourself safe.  3x leverage short?

Anyways that's all hypothetical.  This site is currently centered around settling in Bitcoin.  It doesn't work as well if you also want to hedge btc/usd.
cwick

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:00:12 PM

i use BitReserve to protect from the volatility (& buy just about every other currency i could want -even gold/silver), and Coinarch to short/long (to hopefully make a few bucks, lol)....
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 01:38:22 PM

I'm not sure whether your interest is purely gold or bitcoin but nevertheless the best way is still to diversify and put your holdings into both. You can actually convert your btc stash directly to physical gold coins and sites like amagimetals actually let you buy using btc.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: