Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Legal?  (Read 12877 times)
dokie987

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

https://i.imgur.com/fuvWAPB.jpg?1
Check out this cool interactive map covering Bitcoin legal status globally. I don't think I have seen something like this anywhere.

What the future holds for the world where utmost people’s and companies’ interests clash daily, the time will only show.

You’re welcome to a full and comprehensive guide to the legal status of Bitcoin throughout the world with a unique interactive
map providing access to a visual history of cryptocurrency regulation.

This is great, we can now view on the map the movement of the bitcoin around the world. As we can see the regulation of bitcoin is spreading and will cover it's color the entire world. And that means the bitcoin is strongly used. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shaiz3515

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:16:14 AM

I think its legal it's innovative way of trading  but as many countries are not aware about the bitcoins so I think who knew verywell about it just promote then only no one can stop it.....

AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:44:11 PM
Merited by tambok (1)

here in my country Philippines its legal but others are not like Bolivia,Equador,Bangladuesh,Nepal. They abused too much bitcoin
by selling any kinds of products that are usually illegal to their country it might be a big disadvantages from their places until the government decided to banned bitcoin because of their safety the reason why others are not because they handle it without any worry by the government but they still do observed even though they allow them to use bitcoin.  
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:26 PM

legal means not against the law, so it depends. Some places are trying to ban it since it seems that it has be used for illegal things. Govts will try to regulate it but that's not the point of btc.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:19:00 AM

Recently, the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation published a draft law on "crypto-currencies, ICO, etc." - If to be brief, this is a complete failure. In particular, the law essentially prohibits the illegal production of crypto currency (any), its sale is allowed only through qualified and authorized (verified) state brokers. Gains = entrepreneurs and are required to pay tax. Citizens are treated with crypto currency at the level of 50,000 Russian rubles. = $ 850.

mahto121

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:42:28 PM

I'm presuming the arctic and antarctic are unregulated.
xankor

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:25:38 PM

Yes. With the exception of several countries
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:41:23 AM

here in my country Philippines its legal but others are not like Bolivia,Equador,Bangladuesh,Nepal. They abused too much bitcoin
by selling any kinds of products that are usually illegal to their country it might be a big disadvantages from their places until the government decided to banned bitcoin because of their safety the reason why others are not because they handle it without any worry by the government but they still do observed even though they allow them to use bitcoin.  
Actually bitcoin is not yet legal here in our country, it is just that we are open for this kind of opportunity and our government is busy enough to this kind of situation, they are still focus on the crime we are facing at especially drug related concerns, but the temporary thing that they did last year was those bank account transactions related to cryptocurrency was subject for account disclosure. But, we are thankful that at the end of the day they already accept it but not totally legal.
Johnyfun

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

It's legal here in us but I don't know for how long. Our government still does not  recognized and it has not been talked about in news in all major stations so I'll just enjoy while this freedom still last.
voron84-05

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:44:31 PM

I do not understand how you can talk about the legality or illegality of bitcoin. As a rule, services provided for payment by bitcoins are not legal.
    But after all, illegal services are paid not only by bitcoins, but also by other currencies.
And the fact that different governments try to outlaw the Bitcoin, it's just their ridiculous attempts to lobby the interests of bankers and nothing more.
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:13:17 PM

legal issues and whether bitcoin in a country includes issues that are very influential on bitcoin prices. I think a country can not bite bitcoin because they can not set prices as state money and monitor existing transactions but if they insist they still do not legalize then they will be left behind.

greenpath

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:49:35 PM

Absolutely yes. Bitcoin is very legal in some countries and forbidden in some countries. It looks like there is side by bitcoin and there is against to bitcoin. Maybe the countries have a differences of valid reasons that drives them on what they wants about bitcoin.
[As]

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:04:43 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 06:56:12 AM by [As]

I am deepy suprised that BTC is illegal in many countries. I live in Ukraine and I must say that BTC is really illegal. And it is very bad because many people approve of this system but dovernments are not. So let is support BTC and i am sure that in furute everyone will use this system.
leaudmeister

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:36:42 AM

it is legal for some countries but on the others they may look at it as a threat or a competitor since this is a fast growing industry, and maybe what makes it illegal in the eyes of the others is that it is not controlled by the government or any governing bodies since it is decentralized.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:49:19 AM

The major issues with the countries is Bitcoin is not controlled by them and Bitcoin is mainly technology based coin. Already in some countries Bitcoin is legalized because they want to improve their technology along with Bitcoin blockchain. Soon we can expect countries start adopting the bitcoin as a legal tender.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:43:46 PM

Yes, is bitcoin legal. As a virtual currency that does not rely on any state authority, regulation and legal status may not be the most noticed from Bitcoin by the user .

However, the government's authority that often prohibits or even punishes Bitcoin users can obviously inhibit the growth of bitcoin globally.
lovepale

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:33:59 PM

According to the map bitcoin is legal in more countries and illegal in other countries or not accepted. This is shows up that the decisions is base on other countries leaders on how they deal to another newly form of business. Crypto is not only for those who have crypto coins but also to everyone who wants to receive and access bitcoin. Bitcoin is legal and freely legal in countries that foreseen the future of crypto money in the coming future. Bitcoin is legal if the government does not forbid crypto.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:27:14 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 10:56:30 PM by changcloy

ofcourse it is legal but some of the country's still don't know about it or still thinks its danger well tjey are even right for some points too it can be dangerous if we don't use it well..peoples are the only one who are making it legal and govenments are the one who are making it illigal because it can put a full stop on their curruption
Definitely agreed with you mate Bitcoin is legal because we have knowledge what is bitcoin and we are working for it now, before i also think that this is illegal or scams that is why i'm a little bit late and hesitate joining here in the forum when my cousin introduce this to me so i can't blame people who would think that bitcoin is illegal .
deean_3one

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:17:03 PM

In my country of residence, bitcoin is not legalized by law. And the government also forbids the use of bitcoin as a means of trade exchange. However, the government does not prohibit us as citizens to save and have a bitcoin for investment.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:09:59 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 02:12:30 AM by jaocoincrypto18

legal means not against the law, so it depends. Some places are trying to ban it since it seems that it has be used for illegal things. Govts will try to regulate it but that's not the point of btc.

The most likely answer will be its depend upon the country  if they will legalize it or not but to have a whole majority big answer if Bitcoin to be a legal or not i suggest it should be the the United Nations will be the true rulling judge regarding Bitcoin legality issue because most countries is member of this organization. If the UN will declare Bitcoin is legal or not then it has a powerful mandatory resolutions that all countries shall obey.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: