Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:57:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Bitcoins - anyone from India had any luck yet?  (Read 1791 times)
StLucifer (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 05:59:27 AM

hi everyone!
i am new here on the forums, although i have been looking into bitcoins for quite a while.

since i cannot post on the original topic, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84031.0), i am making a new one.

I tried procuring bitcoins using MrBitoins website. I am located in India, and this seems to be the only site accepting INR deposits for bitcoins.
However, everytime i fill in my details, and try to generate a deposit slip, i get an msgbox saying "please try again later"..

I am a little concerned now, since i have entered my email address, and my bitcoin in address...

I have a few questions:
1. Has the service for india not started yet? it seems the site has been up since may, and its september now.

2. If (1) is true, when is the service for india going to be active?

3. Is this site really legit?  From the topic link posted above, it does sound legit, and is even owned by a well known company, so i am not implying that it is a scam.

4. has anyone from india had any luck procuring bitcoins thourgh Mr Bitcoins? if so, how did you do it?

5. Did my information get saved on the site? Can it somehow be used against me ? this isnt so much of a concern, since the email address i had provided is expendable,and has no personal information about me as such, but i would still like to be sure that it is not going to be misused.

Thanks!

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:13:24 AM

I tried procuring bitcoins using MrBitoins website. I am located in India, and this seems to be the only site accepting INR deposits for bitcoins.
However, everytime i fill in my details, and try to generate a deposit slip, i get an msgbox saying "please try again later"..

I just tried and it worked.  Clicked the INR tab, entered my e-mail address, entered my Bitcoin address, entered 15 BTC and then clicked Buy Bitcoin.

The next page had a deposit slip with account information to use when visiting an HDFC branch.

Can you try it again?

5. Did my information get saved on the site? Can it somehow be used against me ? this isnt so much of a concern, since the email address i had provided is expendable,and has no personal information about me as such, but i would still like to be sure that it is not going to be misused.

I'm sure your information is saved.  You will even need to send a scan of your receipt that the bank gives you after you've deposited by e-mail, so they'll definitely know your e-mail.  They are affiliated with CryptoXChange which has been around for a year now.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

StLucifer (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:40:19 AM

hey!
Thanks so much....
I don't know what went wrong earlier... now it is showing up properly....
weird...

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:08:33 AM

hey!
Thanks so much....
I don't know what went wrong earlier... now it is showing up properly....
weird...
Nice to hear, your problem solved.
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:49:31 AM

Are you still looking to buy bitcoins?

I'm in Mumbai and am looking to sell about 150 bitcoins. In cash.
No additional fees like mrbitcoins or other businesses and exchanges charge.

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
Pinka

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:37:42 PM

Are you still looking to buy bitcoins?

I'm in Mumbai and am looking to sell about 150 bitcoins. In cash.
No additional fees like mrbitcoins or other businesses and exchanges charge.

I'll buy if you're still selling them.
ganowns

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:32:46 PM

I tried Mr. Bitcoins (for INR->BTC) today and have no complaints. I purchased my first few bitcoins from Mr. Bitcoins (hassle-free experience). Initially, I encountered a problem with the bank, but Mr. Bitcoins' fast support solved it immediately and I was able to receive the bitcoins within 3 hours time. Cheesy
StLucifer (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:06:27 AM

I have already used the service 3 times, and its legit. takes between 1 - 12 hours depending on the time of day the deposit is made.

Their charges are very high though. almost 3- 4 USD / bitcoin higher than MTgox.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: