Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I NEED AMD GPU SHA256 miner  (Read 6408 times)
qinyasu (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:32:43 AM

Excuse me somebody know the dig SHA256 graphics software Huh Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:20:58 AM

I think Kalroth miner do sha256d by default, for sha256d the miner will create a .bin file beginning with poclbm130302, if I'm not wrong.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 05:05:14 PM

you can mine XMR monero with your GPU too, for sha256 its better sell GPU and buy coins
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:29:50 PM

You cannot use GPU for bitcoin or litecoin mining. These coins are only profitable using ASIC. You can use GPU to mine some other coins, but only profitable if your electricity is low enough.
Elun

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

He didn't ask is this profitable or not. He asked you for miner. And you wrote 4 fucking useless posts.
For GPU sha256 mining software check this topics:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1721.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?&topic=1334.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6819.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6458.0
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:35:32 AM

He didn't ask is this profitable or not. He asked you for miner. And you wrote 4 fucking useless posts.

Grin well said  Grin
actually, this is starting to be a bit ridiculous, each time someone ask for this or that there are always some who post stuff like that not answering at all the question...

and actually you can mine sha256 with gpu only, this this new coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1037244.0
(no asic can run on it at the moment)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bbopa637

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

PC repair master, engeneer, radioamateur

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 09:21:52 AM

you are right my friend! Thank you, I need sha256 AMD GPU and NVIDIA miner with startum support! For R9 270X and GF9500GT. I need to test something! If anybody can get direct answer it will be good! now looking this 4 links....

sirslayer

Activity: 540
Merit: 501

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:18:46 PM

You need an Amd 5850 or better minimal for hardware and use guiminer for sha256 mining , easy to use software and you will get 333mhs with an amd 5850 or better with newer cards .. You will be burning about 500 watts so you better find a good use with the heat also ..  for example you can incubate eggs or a room heater.. The possibility is endless ..
Kalder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:06:36 AM

You need an Amd 5850 or better minimal for hardware and use guiminer for sha256 mining , easy to use software and you will get 333mhs with an amd 5850 or better with newer cards .. You will be burning about 500 watts so you better find a good use with the heat also ..  for example you can incubate eggs or a room heater.. The possibility is endless ..

There are a few SHA256 variations for GPU mining. One of them is the Credits, but that is not a popular coin.

lankyman

Activity: 382

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:23:17 PM

Lol i love this post man! keep it up man Smiley
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:27:51 PM

I think the most productive way to respond to a post like this is to both:

1. actually answer his question and help him with exactly what he says he wants
2. also share that it may not be in his best interest to gpu mine btc for all the reasons posted in this thread
lankyman

Activity: 382

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:54:20 PM

I think the most productive way to respond to a post like this is to both:

1. actually answer his question and help him with exactly what he says he wants
2. also share that it may not be in his best interest to gpu mine btc for all the reasons posted in this thread

Now this is a professional approach, i agree,

I also hate people wasting my time giving me a song with a drum beat and no beautiful synths and strings, and not helping me.
I also want to learn and giveback what i know to others.
Again, hate being pushed to urls all the time with insufficient information, if i didnt bother with google then i would not have come here either.
I took the effort to register here in the first place.

Anyways i was also looking around for ways to mine Bitcoin or even the algo SHA256/d - unsure if they are the same, but i have managed to get my CPU miner going on my i7 2600 but it obviously seems like it it going to be the Kalahari here and no water for the animals for kilometers to come.

I tried the same pool in my case which was a nicehash lotto pool apparently .... but my SGminer gives me no failed status and or --debug doesnt help me at all since the screen clears , God knows why - so i.e. pause in a batch files doesnt help since i dont see the cleared error if there is one...
Unsure how to use Sgminer in most cases even if i refer to  --help.
It doesnt help me solve issues i have previously had where the mining seems to begin for a certain coin and then i get many HW errors.
And of course my most recent one where it just bombs out and goes back to a prompt.
I do not understand how you know what SGminer algos are supported, unlike cpuminer.exe or minderd.exe which actually tell you  which algorithms are supported when you type --help.
Though i have noticed u get certain hacked versions of those file where the guys completely strip out the algos and only leave a few in the code, unsure why also.

Enough waffling, sorry.
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

There are reasons people want to mine bitcoin with cpu or gpu aside from the futile "for profit" reasons. While some people really don't know better, telling them certainly helps, but they don't need to be be-rated and even if you don't tell them and they are attempting to mine for profit, it will very quickly become self-apparent that it's not worth it.

I do it, I run a full node and solo-mine with a cpu miner  relegated to one core. It's an older AIX server, it's always up anyway for  business purposes mostly qa stuff to test our software stuff with some network latency , the miner runs one one core on one box and my full node runs on another server in a VM across a VPN from another data center both of which I run and pay for. Sometimes I like to mess with the miner code to see if I can get the hash rate to go up, there were some very specific aix diddles I was able to get it up a few kh/s with those Wink .  I have a watt indicator on the UPS it's plugged into and I can see mabey 10w of power increase. Mabey it's just the way those older aix cores work, i dunno, I can turn the miner on full bore across all 6 of it's cores and only see about 60w of power increase. I only run the miner in one core though. Plus it helps keep the stupid VPN up even though the stupid sonicwalls are told never to time it out, without some network traffic, sometimes it will timeout. hahaha....

Why do I do this....I like running a full node to help the network and to keep my own wallet with my own private keys and I run the miner against my node just so every few months or sometimes years... I can mess with the entire setup, upgrade your miner and node software, read about what's going on...etc basically just to keep current on what's happening in the bitcoin world. I just had to do it to support segwit and while I don't follow bitcoin day to day, I'm glad I had the setup as it forced me to read and learn about all the latest BIP crap and segwit segwit2x and upgrade all my stuff...so, now I'm self-educated and caught-up  because I had a setup to "worry" about if you will.  I hadn't messed with the setup for about 1.5years. Sadly, I didn't see a new 12.5btc in my wallet Huh Grin
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

This is a very old thread, why are people even replying to it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:25:41 PM

Grin well said  Grin
actually, this is starting to be a bit ridiculous, each time someone ask for this or that there are always some who post stuff like that not answering at all the question...

and actually you can mine sha256 with gpu only, this this new coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1037244.0
(no asic can run on it at the moment)

If it is SHA256, there is nothing preventing an ASIC from mining it.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
PcChip

Activity: 418

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:48:26 PM

You need an Amd 5850 or better minimal for hardware

back in the day I had 5830's that had higher hashrates than my 5850's Smiley 

actually that's around the time my signature is still from, lol

Legacy signature from 2011: 
All rates with Phoenix 1.50 / PhatK
5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
toygg

Activity: 306

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:46:00 AM

SHA125 is pretty much dead for any and all GPUs. Even if u could mine SHA256 algorithm, it would be so unprofitable to the extent that u would lose money to electricity bills and hardware wear and tear. Not worth it seriously. The only machines that could mine SHA256 are godzillions of AISC miners working in tandem. If u could time travel back to 2009, u could mine quite a lot of Bitcoin with it and become a Multi Millionaire today.
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:50:47 AM

He can solo mine and maybe hit a block sometime in the next 1000 years!  Shocked

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
PanneKopp

Activity: 391

aka ...

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:39:21 AM

... maybe this attracts more attention with the upcoming BTC fork.

Wink

... please make an educated guess !
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 20, 2024, 04:57:13 AM

God reading this thread was driving me nuts.

At first I was looking at the software that I never heard off. Then I saw the guy post a few links which are for threads which were created back in 2010.

Then there is discussions about graphic cards which are extremely old. Then a few usernames that I’ve seen post in years and the finally reading my own post from 2017, I just realized it’s a thread started almost a decade ago.

People need to stop pumping these old threads for no reason.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██