Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:08:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Happening .... The secrets of 21 inc revealed, and its what we hoped for.  (Read 11617 times)
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:33:47 PM

Are there any numbers?  Like, "We expect to produce and deploy N zillion chips in the next 5 years, which will increase the total world's hashpower to P mongohashes per second, so that your toaster will mine K thousand BTC every morning, unless you would rather have light toast."

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:08:41 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 10:21:13 PM by cryptonikus

How can I obtaine shares of 21 inc ? thank you

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:13:18 PM

Unfortunately you can't, but there is an alternative that will yield similar results.

Just make sure your money is in cash form, find the nearest toilet, insert money, and flush.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:40:06 PM

Unfortunately you can't, but there is an alternative that will yield similar results.

Just make sure your money is in cash form, find the nearest toilet, insert money, and flush.

This is not a bitcoin IPO so please don't compare it to one Smiley

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:41:56 PM

Please listen to it if you can. What do you think about it?

https://soundcloud.com/elux-1/21-inc-embedded-engineer-on-whaleclub-teamspeak
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:30:45 PM

Please listen to it if you can. What do you think about it?

https://soundcloud.com/elux-1/21-inc-embedded-engineer-on-whaleclub-teamspeak

What is most fascinating about this is the selling and leasing drone airspace for bitcoin that is going to be managed by these smart devices.
cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:12:06 PM

strange that they were able to get 116 mil. funding and they claim, it is not to be profitable. there must be secret plans of how to monetize Asic network they want to create. Im sure its just a base for something bigger. But they dont wanna reveal it to us.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

"what we hoped for" is a $399.99 dev board with a sizable exhaust fan housing a 50-125 Gh/s 0.16J/Gh mining chip.
https://21.co/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014RD021C/

Jammalan the Prophet

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:27:54 PM

Please explain in plain old english :

Buy digital goods with the constant stream of bitcoin mined by a 21 Bitcoin Chip

Easily build Bitcoin-payable apps, services, and devices

Also , you forgot the pink unicorn each "device" comes with

Edit:
Forget about it , you're a sig poster....

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:02:16 PM

I think we will start to see some of the very first commercials for Bitcoin miners and mining soon.

Nop.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:05:43 PM

Please explain in plain old english :

Buy digital goods with the constant stream of bitcoin mined by a 21 Bitcoin Chip

Easily build Bitcoin-payable apps, services, and devices

Also , you forgot the pink unicorn each "device" comes with

Edit:
Forget about it , you're a sig poster....

Oh good way to get out of a discussion try and act like my points are invalid because I have a sig,back on topic it isn't for an ROI through mining but it is a very unique device and if you can't figure that out then I don't know what to tell you. A 120gh miner, a plug and play full nude, dev toolkit and api, when it is time to target the mainstream audience expect a very different price but note their chip is better than the ones in the Antminer S5.

The text you posted was copied from their page you can ask them directly but I believe the first quote is answered by the dev tools.

You have the same post over 5 threads with the same stuff , this is why I call you a sig whore

Secondary the text I quoted is from your own post not from the article.

Can you explain how can this device create "devices" ?
I understand that English isn't your strong point but don't make stupidity the one.

Also nice one about the "FULL NUDE"
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:16:06 PM

I think we will start to see some of the very first commercials for Bitcoin miners and mining soon.

I thought most of their ethos involved people being unaware of the mining aspect.
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:17:46 PM

I suppose I should withhold judgment without more information concerning the "Micropayments Server" but so far I am puzzled and unimpressed. This is a radically different direction than originally discussed.

GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:23:31 PM

"what we hoped for" is a $399.99 dev board with a sizable exhaust fan housing a 50-125 Gh/s 0.16J/Gh mining chip.
https://21.co/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014RD021C/
LMFAO... it is better to invest that 400 USD into www.CloudMining.website. At least they have a history of payment for over last 10 months - www.cloudmining.website/payments.php
Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:28:58 PM

Congratulations on catching a simple mistype, I had posted similar points in the threads due to the fact that they were all coming at the very same time, this is the first device from a company many have been watching closely. I am posting what I think is good information to know as many won't check the other similar threads and think it is a "400$ pi with an attachment" it isn't. How it can create devices, well that is what they have put, I think they are meaning code for other devices was this is obviously not a 3d printer, maybe an lcd screen on a pi 2 attachment to show codes and use as an open source hardware wallet.

mistype?
funny
what's next? a buttplug and play device ? , 120 gh rimmer?  an unique bondage?
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:29:06 PM

I thought most of their ethos involved people being unaware of the mining aspect.
Well this seems to be for the developers to get ahold of their tools but I do expect them have commercials for future mass items, just an example like the Lightbulb miner they would say "earn bitcoins as easy as screwing in a lightbulb and pairing to an app". The bulb would connect bluetooth and it would authorize wifi through it. The bulb wouldn't mention mining or any hashrate but the app would contain your address and send notifications weekly on how much you have earned in USD or BTC.

Mining without the aspect.

Perhaps their hope is that developers will create better UI with their Micropayments Server to facilitate others to resell excess bandwidth. That may be worth it if you live in a densely popular area or location without free wifi and a app facilitated the use of purchasing bandwidth or Qualcomm resold this bandwidth.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:46:18 PM

Congratulations on catching a simple mistype, I had posted similar points in the threads due to the fact that they were all coming at the very same time, this is the first device from a company many have been watching closely. I am posting what I think is good information to know as many won't check the other similar threads and think it is a "400$ pi with an attachment" it isn't. How it can create devices, well that is what they have put, I think they are meaning code for other devices was this is obviously not a 3d printer, maybe an lcd screen on a pi 2 attachment to show codes and use as an open source hardware wallet.

mistype?
funny
what's next? a buttplug and play device ? , 120 gh rimmer?  an unique bondage?

Never take posts from a sig whore seriously.

This 21 inc is nothing about a failed startup, i bet the VC was clueless as many was in the dot com boom.
meono

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:48:39 PM

Well this seems to be for the developers to get ahold of their tools but I do expect them have commercials for future mass items, just an example like the Lightbulb miner they would say "earn bitcoins as easy as screwing in a lightbulb and pairing to an app". The bulb would connect bluetooth and it would authorize wifi through it. The bulb wouldn't mention mining or any hashrate but the app would contain your address and send notifications weekly on how much you have earned in USD or BTC.

Mining without the aspect.

Perhaps their hope is that developers will create better UI with their Micropayments Server to facilitate others to resell excess bandwidth. That may be worth it if you live in a densely popular area or location without free wifi and a app facilitated the use of purchasing bandwidth or Qualcomm resold this bandwidth.

That would make as much sense as selling pogoplug as a cloud storage server...... seriously thats why they failed so hard.

Nobody buy a device so they can use cloud storage.

Nobody buy a device so they can use bitcoin blockchain.

Very laughable indeed.
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:00:04 PM

That would make as much sense as selling pogoplug as a cloud storage server...... seriously thats why they failed so hard.

Nobody buy a device so they can use cloud storage.

Nobody buy a device so they can use bitcoin blockchain.

Very laughable indeed.

Yes, I have to be creative to think of how to justify this device. The only advantage I can see if they released a microsite antenna attachment that allowed one to resell excess bandwidth with their partners(qualcomm). Essentially the price of the device would become the price of admission into a microsite reseller agreement they arranged with qualcomm or other bandwidth providers. This would also have to depend upon qualcomm making their devices seamlessly integrate into using these microsites without normal cellular users even being aware.
Preclus

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:13:51 PM

I posted in the other thread on this but I think anyone who thinks that this is a good idea needs to consider this...

Why would anyone want to run a $400 miner that helps them deal with bitcoin

if instead the 21 company just deployed their own server on the Internet, in a colo that had cheap bandwidth and 24/7 cheap power, and you could connect to that with a nice web interface to do your mining and whatever else they want to do on this piece of hardware you buy

Then you wouldn't have to deal with:

- upgrading the thing with new OSes and software
- fixing it when it had problems
- the slow Rasperberry PI2 itself

and it would be cheaper because you would pay by the month as a service instead of paying $400 for something that will be obsolete next month.

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense at all. It is simply unbelievable that this is their business idea.

Why not sell a Raspberry PI that runs a web server with a daughter board to speed up web serving for $400? How about a PI that runs its own email server? Makes just as much sense as this does.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: