Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt and the rise to the top.  (Read 13414 times)
Sonny91BE (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:21:20 PM

I have spoken to many people on forums and IRL and the ones that have heard about NXT or the ones that already invested in it say it's a great coin. After I read up a lot of info I also decided togive the platform and currency a try ! I love the platform and in my opinion it is the best out there .. Now, what it all comes down to, is that Nxt has great development , a great active community and many features that overrule a lot of other coins if you look at it. BUT, the major and primairy role why it isn't succeeding is the lack of marketing done by anyone in the community. IT's funny that people put tons of effort in features and then don't use them to the extend they are ment to be used !

So how can I boost Nxt's marketing in a efficient way so that the overall crypto public, actually gets to know the coin and sees the benefits of it like I do ?
I'm already very active on the Nxt forums.

If you'd lik to know more about Nxt and all the stuff I praise take a quick look at https://nxtforum.org/ and take a quick browse in the sections to get a broader idea.

Anyone here that feels the SAME and has something to add to this lack of marketing ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:38:36 PM

I have spoken to many people on forums and IRL and the ones that have heard about NXT or the ones that already invested in it say it's a great coin. After I read up a lot of info I also decided togive the platform and currency a try ! I love the platform and in my opinion it is the best out there .. Now, what it all comes down to, is that Nxt has great development , a great active community and many features that overrule a lot of other coins if you look at it. BUT, the major and primairy role why it isn't succeeding is the lack of marketing done by anyone in the community. IT's funny that people put tons of effort in features and then don't use them to the extend they are ment to be used !

So how can I boost Nxt's marketing in a efficient way so that the overall crypto public, actually gets to know the coin and sees the benefits of it like I do ?

If you'd lik to know more about Nxt and all the stuff I praise take a quick look at https://nxtforum.org/ and take a quick browse in the sections to get a broader idea.

Anyone here that feels the SAME and has something to add to this lack of marketing ?

Nxt is probably one of the most decentralized coins around with a great core plus tons of 3rd party projects built over it, the very decentralized nature made it harder to market. I know there was a marketing committee but I don't know what they're doing. Also the Nxt foundation has been recently established, this should help as a point of informations.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:35:53 PM

The price seems to be on one long downward trend. Doesn't make sense.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:56:53 PM

Yes, that's pretty odd. NXT getting more and more features, more and more value/investment but it still in downtrend. I guess it's happening because of it's pegged to BTC and BTC is also bearish.
TheMystic

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:56:10 PM

Yes, that's pretty odd. NXT getting more and more features, more and more value/investment but it still in downtrend. I guess it's happening because of it's pegged to BTC and BTC is also bearish.

It might take off like a rocket when the market turns around. I don't own any NXT, but I'm taking a hard look at it. I'll probably end up getting involved.

───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:13:13 PM

NXT is crashing because people are slowly discovering that whatever value proposition NXt had can also be implemented by Bitcoin. There is no purpose for NXT to exist, thus there is no one holding it.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:15:47 PM

The price of NXT is going down though.  Although I like NXT, I personally will pass for now.  The trend could go down some more...

And I suggest the supporters of NXT not shill for a bit to be honest.  It might backfire. If people buy in then it continues going down near .000020, you'll here a lot of FUD from the people around here.  They might even accuse you of hyping it so you guys could dump your shares to them.  Some FUD won't make sense but they'll say it, and some will believe it anyway.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheMystic

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:22:43 PM

Though I'm not shilling, it is a Pro NXT thread. It's hardly shilling when you say positive things about a coin in a thread like this.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:17:48 AM

The price of NXT is going down though.  Although I like NXT, I personally will pass for now.  The trend could go down some more...

And I suggest the supporters of NXT not shill for a bit to be honest.  It might backfire. If people buy in then it continues going down near .000020, you'll here a lot of FUD from the people around here.  They might even accuse you of hyping it so you guys could dump your shares to them.  Some FUD won't make sense but they'll say it, and some will believe it anyway.

Relax, baby, take a few hits on the bong...
And put on some soothing 70s Eagles music (maybe "Peaceful Easy Feeling" or "Best of My Love").
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:00:18 AM

Nope, absolutely no Eagles please......some CCR would go nicely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YlTUDnsWMo

Heres a dude who's never tried to use the decentralised exchange built into his BTC client:
NXT is crashing because people are slowly discovering that whatever value proposition NXt had can also be implemented by Bitcoin. There is no purpose for NXT to exist, thus there is no one holding it.

In full-on shill mode: use NXT, then you'll see exactly where the value is.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:35:34 AM

I don't think so. Of course many things (I'd say almost everything) can be implemented by bitcoin, but that will take ages. Just take a look at Ethereum, it still in early beta. Mastercoin? It's dead. Counterparty is the only meaningful system with some similar features, but still not as feature rich as NXT. On the contrary all the promised or existing features of these 2.0 coins are already working in NXT.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:26:07 PM

I don't think so. Of course many things (I'd say almost everything) can be implemented by bitcoin, but that will take ages. Just take a look at Ethereum, it still in early beta. Mastercoin? It's dead. Counterparty is the only meaningful system with some similar features, but still not as feature rich as NXT. On the contrary all the promised or existing features of these 2.0 coins are already working in NXT.

What are they ? The only useful thing I see would be a decentralized marketplace. As far as I know NXT has it but the servers hosting it centralize so its not completely decentralized and as soon as OpenBazaar is out it will be rendered useless.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:27:14 PM

I think the advice here is to stick to the facts.

Which I do (point out any factual errors in most posts, if you can, and I'll correct them   Wink ) and try to correct others when I see errors.

Nxters have nothing to fear if they stick to the facts.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:31:07 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 02:31:00 PM by Daedelus

What are they ? The only useful thing I see would be a decentralized marketplace. As far as I know NXT has it but the servers hosting it centralize so its not completely decentralized and as soon as OpenBazaar is out it will be rendered useless.

You have it backwards.

The Asset Exchange and Marketplace and all Nxt core features are part of the blockchain, they are decentralized as it is part of all nodes running the Nxt software and maintaining a Nxt blockchain.

I am reliably informed OpenBazaar isn't decentralized, it is peer-to-peer. This means as soon as someone stops running their node, their items and orders disappear (in the same way as a torrent works, turn off your client and you stop seeding. This means if the server can be identified, your store is vulnerable to being shut down).

As long as a Nxt client is running somewhere, all current orders and transactions are preserved in the blockchain.

Other features:

Decentralized Ebay >>> nxtfreemarket.com
A version of sidechains >>> Monetary System (coins secured within Nxt's POS network)
Decentralized internet >>> Hyperboria
File sharing plugin (torrents) >>> Nxtor/File Sharing/Nxt Torrent (name pending)
+Others

You can play with any of these today within a few clicks of this forum.

Edited: widen the scope of my answer
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

As I see Daedelus answered your question. I have to add only one thing: no servers are hosting the decentralized marketplace, NxtMarket (just like SAE for the asset exchange) and a couple of other similar sites are just a comfortable web GUIs but the real backend stuff is sitting in the blockchain.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:46:27 PM

The price of NXT is going down because it is widely used for assets on the NXT asset exchange. Many asset issuers turn there raised NXT into Bitcoin because they need to pay developers which usually only accept Bitcoin. Throwing the raised NXT onto the markets creates an ongoing sell preasure.

Thats similar like the discussed thesis that the Bitcoin price must decline the more shops / sellers accept it. Shops accepting Bitcoin usually exchange them immediately into fiat money ( like Bitpay for shops standardly does ). This creates a bigger sell preasure and decreases the price.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

The price of NXT is going down because it is widely used for assets on the NXT asset exchange. Many asset issuers turn there raised NXT into Bitcoin because they need to pay developers which usually only accept Bitcoin. Throwing the raised NXT onto the markets creates an ongoing sell preasure.

Thats similar like the discussed thesis that the Bitcoin price must decline the more shops / sellers accept it. Shops accepting Bitcoin usually exchange them immediately into fiat money ( like Bitpay for shops standardly does ). This creates a bigger sell preasure and decreases the price.

I believe a currency should primarily be viewed as a currency not as a commodity.  For almost all currencies one of the primary reasons for its existence was to raise funds for a specific purpose, it is uncommon for the funds raised in the endeavor to return to the currency, as such 99.99999% of all currencies will go down in PRICE even if it has greater value over time. 

Nevertheless, for those who buy NXT, or any currency as a commodity, they know the purchase comes with big risks.  To me a currency's major value is achieved with utility, and mass adoption. The more it is used the higher the demand, and with increased demand come scarcity and higher short term prices and long term value.

As for using NXT currency to buy BTC resources, I agree 100% that it does lead to a far more rapid decline of the value and prices of NXT, however if the assets that were developed with the BTC resources were successful it should result in higher value for NXT even though the prices might be lower. 

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:38:51 AM

bet on the nxt platform.. not the currency.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:19:15 AM

Altcoins usually tend to follow Bitcoin's price trend but in a much more exaggerated manner (since they signify more risk). Litecoin is another example of a coin that lost value a lot more than Bitcoin. Also remember that NXT experienced two bubbles/spikes in 2014 - the first one happened at around the beginning of the year and the second one happened at around June when the price shot up to over 10 cents. Usually these types of bubbles aren't sustainable, and so you would expect to see the price decline from the ATH. The exact same thing happened to BitShares and Darkcoin too.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:43:11 AM

Altcoins usually tend to follow Bitcoin's price trend but in a much more exaggerated manner (since they signify more risk). Litecoin is another example of a coin that lost value a lot more than Bitcoin. Also remember that NXT experienced two bubbles/spikes in 2014 - the first one happened at around the beginning of the year and the second one happened at around June when the price shot up to over 10 cents. Usually these types of bubbles aren't sustainable, and so you would expect to see the price decline from the ATH. The exact same thing happened to BitShares and Darkcoin too.

The price of NXT has slumped and being dumped to 1/3 it's recent highs a few months ago. FACT. Yes, to every metric, the platform is as successful as it can be given the time span, and growing significantly: The definition of success... what's wrong with this picture? The ghost of the initial distribution, of course, is a clear influence -and, no doubt, the source of the dumping, elaborate but relentless- but, mostly, that NEXT is an intimidating, enormously complex project/platform. One would have to study it, through the tens of thousands of sources available, for YEARS to really get an understanding of what it is, what it does, what it can do, who is doing it and how the whole thing works and, supposedly, will continue to work. All without any single responsible (legally) institutions or real names behind it. Needless to say it, all of this is scary enough to have most people in crypto -and absolutely everyone outside of crypto- not wanting to touch it with a ten feet pole.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: