Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:06:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:21:48 PM

Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Depending on your definition of religion may bring some debate. But if those sentences are correct, it would mean that atheists are religious. Agnostics, who say they don't know, might not be, but atheists who believe there is no god for sure, definitely have a belief they adhere to about the cause of the universe NOT being a god.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 06:23:24 PM

Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Depending on your definition of religion may bring some debate. But if those sentences are correct, it would mean that atheists are religious. Agnostics, who say they don't know, might not be, but atheists who believe there is no god for sure, definitely have a belief they adhere to about the cause of the universe NOT being a god.

Atheism is the lack of belief. Is not believing.

Thank you for bringing that up.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:23:57 PM

Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Thank you.   Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:25:27 PM

So you mean: not having a belief is believing?

WTF?!?

Thank You.

There is never a time a person doesn't believe in something. If you think that he doesn't believe in something after he is dead, you are wrong. Then he is not a person.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 06:27:03 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 06:39:54 PM by BitNow

Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Thank you.   Smiley

That's where you are lost BADecher you think as atheism the believing in the fact that there is no God.

Don't think that atheism is believing in a fact. Think that atheists do not believe in God.

If they do not believe  => they won't have a beliefs system => if atheists don't have a beliefs system => atheism is not a Religion

In a sentence: Atheists do not believe in God hence atheism is not a Religion.

There is never a time a person doesn't believe in something.

Yes there is: atheists are person that do not believe in something

If you think that he doesn't believe in something after he is dead, you are wrong.

Why you care what a person believe when he/she is dead?

Then he is not a person.

Smiley

That's why God told Moses to kill all the Jews that were preying to the Golden Calf.
The conclusion is very easy and I could be put on sentence for inspiring violence if I said the conclusion that is obvious from my sentence above and that I said a lot in the last 30 pages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:39:39 PM

Atheism is the lack of belief. Is not believing.

Thank you for bringing that up.

Thank You.

The lack of belief in god means they believe there is no god, the not knowing if there is or isn't a god is agnosticism not atheism. Agnostics do not have a lack of belief in god because they believe there could be a god, they just don't know.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 06:41:49 PM

The lack of belief in god means they believe there is no god, the not knowing if there is or isn't a god is agnosticism not atheism. Agnostics do not have a lack of belief in god because they believe there could be a god, they just don't know.

How the lack of belief is believing?

Try to say that with your own voice and you will see how absurd is what you are saying.

The lack of belief cannot be believing in something.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:01:26 PM

Try to say that with your own voice and you will see how absurd is what you are saying.

Thank You.

Lack of belief in a god = Not having belief in a god = They do not believe in a god.

At least agnostics say they don't know versus claiming for certain there is no god.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:09:51 PM

Lack of belief in a god = Not having belief in a god = They do not believe in a god.

At least agnostics say they don't know versus claiming for certain there is no god.

Yes that was my point.

What's yours?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:30:17 PM

Thank You.

Yes that was my point.

What's yours?

Thank You.

No, you said that lack of belief did NOT mean that they do not believe in god. I just wrote that it DOES mean that they believe there is no god. How can that be your point?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:46:16 PM

No, you said that lack of belief did NOT mean that they do not believe in god. I just wrote that it DOES mean that they believe there is no god.

I said:

Thank You.

I meant: the lack of belief is the lack of belief in God.

The lack of belief cannot be:

The lack of belief cannot be believing there is no God. Because the lack of belief cannot be believing since there is no Faith to enforce the believing of the subject.

How can that be your point?
That is a point.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:50:15 PM

No, I am quite filled with the Holy Spirit to lead me towards the one true Lord. Following His commandments and confessing to the Lord (not a priest) as Jesus told us to do. The bible clearly says Jesus is coming on the clouds and all eyes will see.

You cannot say that God's kingdom will be "here" or "there" because the Kingdom of God is within you! Therefore, forgiveness has to begin within self for that is where God resides. All manner of error comes from the attempt to separate self from God;

If you hear a voice that gives you "discernment" without you so much as having to read anything, and allows you to judge entire books by the cover alone, then undoubtedly you are living in an illusion, and you will perish for lack of knowledge.

There is no doubt, He has not come back yet.
There is no doubt according to your book of visions and allegories, you mean...

Au contraire. Jesus said He was the way, the truth and the life and no one should get to the Father but through Him. We are still following Jesus, who is making a place for us and going to return.
You have the wrong interpretation.

It is not his being which has any merit, it is his Oneness with God, which is called "Christ Knowing";
he came to show us the path but his being was not the path itself;
he was a man who tried to teach truth, and it can be proven by asking a few rational questions:

MMH, I don't believe you have answered my questions on this subject; I will repeat 4 of the 6 questions that I asked you:

1) where did Emmanuel actually suggest he was my savior?
2) how is such a belief not magical thinking?
3) how can you still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:05:53 PM

There is no doubt, He has not come back yet.
There is no doubt according to your book of visions and allegories, you mean...

Shall we see what the Journals say about this? Luckily for us, the words can be taken literally!

I, Hatonn, serve as a Commander in house with Sananda (who was recognized as A Christed being upon your placement). He was a messenger--A TEACHER! He has attained his level of progression into the oneness with God Perfection and he went forth as a Host to prepare a placement for each and all of you who would come home to Source. He perfected His portion--however, YOU were to prepare a place for his return in that which you call “second coming”--YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR PORTION! Instead, you have projected through the lies of the false teachers that you would not need do anything save sit and wait and somehow just to believe HE existed that you would be scooped into the clouds and escape all confrontation with the truth of your actions--BAD NEWS!--IT WON‟T BE THUSLY SO!

I, Hatonn, come as Commander of those Hosts to prepare receivers for that “Coming” for it is so that the Kingdom of God, Creation of/by God shall be reclaimed. I Command from a starship of massive size, alongside Sananda (Jesus/Buddha/The Cristos) for he is both MY son and myself. He is not yet upon your Earth in any form of manifestation as you would recognize and you have not prepared his placement. The name of the starship Command is the Phoenix for it is the symbol of the rebirth and the renewal of the tribes of winged beings--the Cosmic races who travel through space. My LOGO, if you will, is the symbol of the Phoenix within a triangle--representing the triune of existence and infinity thereof.

I am labeled Commander of the United Federation Fleet/Inter-Galactic Federation Command in direct reporting to the Federation Higher Council of Intra-Planetary Constellations. I am hampered by time, restricting how much my scribe can produce in Earthly time limitations. When you demand response from me--YOU DEMAND THAT THIS SCRIBE GET NO REST WHATSOEVER FOR WRITING IS ONLY A PITTANCE MEASURE OF HER TASKS IN PREPARATION FOR THE “RETURN”.

How do I know that you do not do your homework? Because I respond to each and every inquiry or if it be for another entity, it is accepted and given response--YOU DO NOT HEAR IT! What you do, as in this instance, is expect very Earthly response so what, actually, do you expect? Dharma does not claim anything save fatigue at a task beyond description--YOU WANT GOD TO BE YOUR OWN REFLECTION AND YET YOU ONES CANNOT BEAR IT IF GOD TURNS OUT TO BE THAT REFLECTION--YOU ONES HAD BEST GO PONDER THIS POINT! I, Hatonn, Commander, do not even pretend to cover all resources--it is my job to bring forth the “Truth” according to God’s LAST AND FINAL PROMISE! YOU WILL DO WITH IT THAT WHICH YOU WILL.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:16:58 PM

B-but what about Jibbers Crabst? He breathes fire and is behind the rings of Saturn!

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:40:52 PM

No, you said that lack of belief did NOT mean that they do not believe in god. I just wrote that it DOES mean that they believe there is no god.

I said:

Thank You.

I meant: the lack of belief is the lack of belief in God.

The lack of belief cannot be:

The lack of belief cannot be believing there is no God. Because the lack of belief cannot be believing since there is no Faith to enforce the believing of the subject.

How can that be your point?
That is a point.

Thank You.

I explained my point. I'm sorry you can't understand it. I don't know how to make it any clearer.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:10:10 PM

I explained my point. I'm sorry you can't understand it. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

I didn't want to make any clearer.

I made a point.

Thank You for your understanding.

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:40:55 PM

Thank you.   Smiley

That's where you are lost BADecher you think as atheism the believing in the fact that there is no God.

Don't think that atheism is believing in a fact. Think that atheists do not believe in God.

If they do not believe  => they won't have a beliefs system => if atheists don't have a beliefs system => atheism is not a Religion

In a sentence: Atheists do not believe in God hence atheism is not a Religion.

Thank You.

The definition of "religion" includes people who say that they don't believe in God.

In addition, believing has to do with understanding things that are not fact. If they were fact, it would be knowing, not believing.

If their belief system includes that they don't believe, they simply believe that they don't believe. This is entirely opposite from fact. Thus it can be religion, even if it is close to a religion of blind faith. Those of us who believe in God do not have blind faith. We have some evidence, but not enough to know every fact. We base the rest of our understanding on faith.

Now, I know you will not understand this. So, you might as well forget trying.

Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:05:29 PM

The definition of "religion" includes people who say that they don't believe in God.

True. On the light of this discussion now I understand that it shouldn't.

In addition, believing has to do with understanding things that are not fact. If they were fact, it would be knowing, not believing.

I understand.

If their belief system includes that they don't believe, they simply believe that they don't believe. This is entirely opposite from fact. Thus it can be religion, even if it is close to a religion of blind faith. Those of us who believe in God do not have blind faith. We have some evidence, but not enough to know every fact. We base the rest of our understanding on faith.

Faith is Faith. Understanding is understanding.

You should use understanding for facts and Faith for Religion.

Now, I know you will not understand this. So, you might as well forget trying.

Thank you for believing in me.

Smiley

:-|

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:19:55 PM

Love the atheist; hate the atheism.   Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:57:23 PM

Love the atheist; hate the atheism.   Smiley

You are losing time. You are making me losing time.

Why you care so much about atheists?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: