Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:50:37 PM

I think it quite strange that cars, rockets, computers and thousands of other complex machines come from people making them. And these things wouldn't have been made if there wasn't the intelligence of people to make them.

Yet, people take instruction for everything they make, from the machinery in nature.

But some people can't seem to fathom that the far grater machinery of nature must have been made, as well.

How strange.

What machinery in nature instructed someone to build a car BADecker? What machinery in nature instructed someone to build a computer and a rocket? Please explain.

How far back do you want to go? Did people invent fire because they didn't have anything better to do that day? Or did they see lightning strike a tree and the wood burn afterward? Or was it a volcanic lava stream that started fires?

It takes fire to melt iron and glass. You need to look through a lot of history of where things came from, who invented them, and why, to get the answers to your questions. It was a long process to go from fire to computers and rockets, but it all comes from nature and natural operations of nature's machinery.

Cool
Isn't human seeing a lighting striking a tree is by a pure chance? That doesn't meant for anything, they just walked by  and see strange event and tried to do it and that's how human invents fire.

I think you guys need to rephrase what you are trying to say. Man did not create fire just like man did not create mathematics. They were both discovered.

Man create fire in Bic lighter. No invention of nature... not directly that is.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:52:24 PM

I don't hate religion...

I only hate stupid people...

It's not my fault that most religious people are stupid too

See!? You have a personal religion of hate. So there are hateful religions out there, after all.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:05:09 PM

As for sharing faith, I don't know what you mean. Read the Bible for an hour each day. Start at the beginning and read to the end. Read the New Testament 4 times for every reading of the Old Testament. Do this every day for the rest of your life. If you live for 20 more years, you will come to faith.

Could you explain why one should read the new testament 4 time for every reading of the old?
Is it because if you want to base your morality on the bible (and the old testament in particular), we would go around:

stoning women to death (Deuteronomy 22:13-21)
stoning children to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
stoning people who work on Sunday (Numbers 15:32-56)
killing gays (Romans 1:27 and Leviticus 20:13)... but strangely enough not lesbians (because god is a lovely chap)
Killing men who masturbate (Genesis 38:6-10)... but strangely enough not women, they can rub it  Grin
practising ethnic cleansing (Exodus 34:11-14, Leviticus 26:7-9)
committing genocides (Numbers 21: 2-3, Numbers 21:33–35, Deuteronomy 2:26–35, and Joshua 1–12)
killing people because we suspect they are witches (Exodus 22:18)
not touching our girlfriends if they have their period (Lev. 15:19–24)
selling our daughters as slaves (Exodus 21:7)...
...because you know, slavery is ok (Leviticus 25:44)
drowning people (Genesis 7:21-23)
killing our enemies and raping their women (Numbers 31:7-18)
killing who disagree with us on religion (Leviticus 24:16)
killing cheaters (Leviticus 20:10)
killing women who get remarried (Deuteronomy 22:13-14,20-21)
allowing our daughters to be sexually assaulted by multiple rapists (Genesis 19:8 and Judges 19:16-30)...
...and after that she has to marry her rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)
chopping women's hands off if they touch another man's testicles (Deuteronomy 25:11) - even if it was to defend us
kicking out of churches people who have lost their testicles (Deuteronomy 23:1), doesn't matter if they had cancer or whatever
not eating shellfish and pig, camel, rock badger, rabbit, eagle, vulture, buzzard, falcon, raven, crow, ostrich, owl, seagull, hawk, pelican, stork, heron, bat, winged insects that walk on four legs unless they have joints to jump with like grasshoppers (?), bear, mole, mouse, lizard, gecko, crocodile, chameleon and snail (Leviticus 11).

And then you say that atheist "hate"? The whole bible is a big genocide!

Old Testament governmental and ceremonial laws in the Bible were for ancient Israel. They are still for anyone who wants to follow them by choice.

The ancient Israel ceremonial laws existed to foreshadow the coming of Jesus, the Messiah. This is explained in the N.T. book of Hebrews. Since Jesus did the work that the ceremonial laws were referring to, these laws are no longer needed.

Certainly, the O.T. governmental laws are not for people of the various nations. They are, however, the best governmental laws that can exist. So, it would be nice if they were practiced. But even modern Israel doesn't practice them.

The moral laws - don't harm anybody, and don't damage his property - are similar to the English Common Law, and American Common Law. You can find common law written down in Bouvier's "Maxims of Law" - http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/bouvier/maxims.shtml.

The reason to read the N.T. 4 times as much as the O.T. is because the O.T. will draw a person into despair because of all the wicked things that ancient Israel did, and how God punished them for it. We need the N.T. to constantly remind us that we are forgiven and saved. Yet we DO need the O.T. so that we are reminded of many of the good things... moral laws, methods of praising God, wisdom of Solomon and others.

Atheists who suggest strongly that atheism is NOT a religion hate themselves, because all people are religious creatures at heart.

Cool

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:12:30 PM

Atheist hate religion , simply because they are the adversary of there believes, the contradiction of there plan, they hate religion because religion , God is the center of there belief,  

Hating atheism is self-hate, because atheism is a religion.    Cool

i have no phucking idea what on earth  you just said there. and probably no one else of normal intelligence does either. another example of your ridiculous meaningless word salads.   <------ Grin

This whole bloody thread has a faulty premise to begin with.

@BADecker thinks he can speak for ALL Atheists, in their incredible diversity, and I personally doubt if all of them "hate" religion.
There are some things that anybody can speak for all people. Why? Because all people are essentially the same.

That's called stereotyping, racism, and bias, Dude.  Why so much DISRESPECT and PREJUDICE from this "Man of God?"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:21:07 PM

Atheist hate religion , simply because they are the adversary of there believes, the contradiction of there plan, they hate religion because religion , God is the center of there belief,  

i have no phucking idea what on earth  you just said there. and probably no one else of normal intelligence does either. another example of your ridiculous meaningless word salads.   <------ Grin

@BADecker thinks he can speak for ALL Atheists, in their incredible diversity, and I personally doubt if all of them "hate" religion.
There are some things that anybody can speak for all people. Why? Because all people are essentially the same.

That's called stereotyping, racism, and bias, Dude.  Why so much DISRESPECT and PREJUDICE from this "Man of God?"

Well, isn't it the truth that nobody is the same, but everybody is the same? Take a healthy black person and a healthy white person. Both have almost exactly the same genetic materials. It's just that some genes are slightly more or less active in each of them. The difference in the active genes between the two is only a fraction of 1% of the genetic materials.

Why are you trying to stereotype me when I tell the truth? Is the truth too much for your race?

Cool

kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:23:23 PM

As for sharing faith, I don't know what you mean. Read the Bible for an hour each day. Start at the beginning and read to the end. Read the New Testament 4 times for every reading of the Old Testament. Do this every day for the rest of your life. If you live for 20 more years, you will come to faith.

Could you explain why one should read the new testament 4 time for every reading of the old?
Is it because if you want to base your morality on the bible (and the old testament in particular), we would go around:

killing gays (Romans 1:27 and Leviticus 20:13)... but strangely enough not lesbians (because god is a lovely chap)
Killing men who masturbate (Genesis 38:6-10)... but strangely enough not women, they can rub it  Grin
committing genocides (Numbers 21: 2-3, Numbers 21:33–35, Deuteronomy 2:26–35, and Joshua 1–12)
allowing our daughters to be sexually assaulted by multiple rapists (Genesis 19:8 and Judges 19:16-30)...
chopping women's hands off if they touch another man's testicles (Deuteronomy 25:11) - even if it was to defend us
kicking out of churches people who have lost their testicles (Deuteronomy 23:1), doesn't matter if they had cancer or whatever
not eating shellfish and pig, camel, rock badger, rabbit, eagle, vulture, buzzard, falcon, raven, crow, ostrich, owl, seagull, hawk, pelican, stork, heron, bat, winged insects that walk on four legs unless they have joints to jump with like grasshoppers (?), bear, mole, mouse, lizard, gecko, crocodile, chameleon and snail (Leviticus 11).

Old Testament governmental and ceremonial laws in the Bible were for ancient Israel. They are still for anyone who wants to follow them by choice.

The ancient Israel ceremonial laws existed to foreshadow the coming of Jesus, the Messiah. This is explained in the N.T. book of Hebrews. Since Jesus did the work that the ceremonial laws were referring to, these laws are no longer needed.

Certainly, the O.T. governmental laws are not for people of the various nations. They are, however, the best governmental laws that can exist. So, it would be nice if they were practiced. But even modern Israel doesn't practice them.

The moral laws - don't harm anybody, and don't damage his property - are similar to the English Common Law, and American Common Law. You can find common law written down in Bouvier's "Maxims of Law" - http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/bouvier/maxims.shtml.

The reason to read the N.T. 4 times as much as the O.T. is because the O.T. will draw a person into despair because of all the wicked things that ancient Israel did, and how God punished them for it. We need the N.T. to constantly remind us that we are forgiven and saved. Yet we DO need the O.T. so that we are reminded of many of the good things... moral laws, methods of praising God, wisdom of Solomon and others.

Atheists who suggest strongly that atheism is NOT a religion hate themselves, because all people are religious creatures at heart.

Cool

Sorry, I disagree. I am tired of this thing that the old testament doesn't apply anymore after jesus came to earth. In the old testament times, god killed himself millions of human beings (and billions of animals), simply because they didn't do what he wanted. If we have to see god as a moral example, I should kill my daughter 20 times a day.

All the examples given above are either things that god asked or that he accepted and din't see as sins.

Now, if you say that at some point in time he realised that he was a bit bully and changed his (or her?) mind, made a new alliance with the mankind, by sending his son (who is also himself) and having him killed (a sort of suicide then)...ok. But still he is the same god that commanded (or allowed) all those things that happened before.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:27:52 PM

The moral laws - don't harm anybody, and don't damage his property - are similar to the English Common Law, and American Common Law.

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the lord was kindled against Israel. And the lord said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the lord may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

Isn't this lord the same lord you worship? Or at some point the first one resigned?

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:31:19 PM

i have no phucking idea what on earth  you just said there. and probably no one else of normal intelligence does either. another example of your ridiculous meaningless word salads.   <------ Grin

Well, isn't it the truth that nobody is the same, but everybody is the same? Take a healthy black person and a healthy white person. Both have almost exactly the same genetic materials. It's just that some genes are slightly more or less active in each of them. The difference in the active genes between the two is only a fraction of 1% of the genetic materials.

Why are you trying to stereotype me when I tell the truth? Is the truth too much for your race?

What race do you suppose that is?

I'm a bot, you racist!

"Truth" -  look it up sometime.

Cool
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:32:15 PM

I'm a bot, you racist!

"Truth" -  look it up sometime.

We all have different DNA, except for identical siblings.  Wow, so ignorant....
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:43:17 PM

Cool

Sorry, I disagree. I am tired of this thing that the old testament doesn't apply anymore after jesus came to earth.
Lots of people think that the O.T. didn't apply before Jesus came to earth, to say nothing about after. However, certain aspects of the O.T. will always apply to all people.

In the old testament times, god killed himself millions of human beings (and billions of animals), simply because they didn't do what he wanted.
God made people. God is infinitely more important than people. People are His property. He has the right.

Rather than use the right, God allowed His son, Jesus, to die on the cross, to take the punishment for all people, so that all people have the chance to be forgiven, go to Heaven and live forever. Can God help it if some people won't accept His salvation for them? Better to kill them while they are young, so they won't have as many sins to be punished for in the eternal Hell where they are going anyway.

If we have to see god as a moral example, I should kill my daughter 20 times a day.
Except that your daughter is more God's than she is yours. In addition, the O.T. moral laws that God placed there apply to everyone. They apply to you. Let God judge when your daughter is supposed to die.

All the examples given above are either things that god asked or that he accepted and din't see as sins.

Now, if you say that at some point in time he realised that he was a bit bully and changed his (or her?) mind, made a new alliance with the mankind, by sending his son (who is also himself) and having him killed (a sort of suicide then)...ok. But still he is the same god that commanded (or allowed) all those things that happened before.

I don't say that at all.

First, those things are taken out of context. They are a goodness for the people who were living back then.

God never changes. All the love, anger, mercy and grace He has always had still exist, and always will. It is people who change. And by their changes, they essentially activate whichever aspect of God.

The O.T. writings were for the nation of ancient Israel, because Jesus, the Messiah, came through them to bring salvation to everybody. Ancient Israel had to do it just the way the laws told them, so that they could be a light for the nations, so that the nations could understand about Jesus when He came. The sad thing is that Israel doesn't recognize Jesus.

You are very mistaken in the things you are thinking and writing.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:51:28 PM

I'm a bot, you racist!

"Truth" -  look it up sometime.

We all have different DNA, except for identical siblings.  Wow, so ignorant....

What race are you? You are of a race that would rather accept lies than the truth.

Of course we all have different DNA. That isn't what I said. Look it up. We all have almost exactly the same DNA. The differences are in a fraction of 1% of the DNA. Even lizards and fish and insects and microbes have less than 5% different DNA than people do.

Cool

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:55:14 PM

Cool

Sorry, I disagree. I am tired of this thing that the old testament doesn't apply anymore after jesus came to earth.
Lots of people think that the O.T. didn't apply before Jesus came to earth, to say nothing about after. However, certain aspects of the O.T. will always apply to all people.

In the old testament times, god killed himself millions of human beings (and billions of animals), simply because they didn't do what he wanted.
God made people. God is infinitely more important than people. People are His property. He has the right.

Rather than use the right, God allowed His son, Jesus, to die on the cross, to take the punishment for all people, so that all people have the chance to be forgiven, go to Heaven and live forever. Can God help it if some people won't accept His salvation for them? Better to kill them while they are young, so they won't have as many sins to be punished for in the eternal Hell where they are going anyway.

If we have to see god as a moral example, I should kill my daughter 20 times a day.
Except that your daughter is more God's than she is yours. In addition, the O.T. moral laws that God placed there apply to everyone. They apply to you. Let God judge when your daughter is supposed to die.

I don't say that at all.

First, those things are taken out of context. They are a goodness for the people who were living back then.

God never changes. All the love, anger, mercy and grace He has always had still exist, and always will. It is people who change. And by their changes, they essentially activate whichever aspect of God.

The O.T. writings were for the nation of ancient Israel, because Jesus, the Messiah, came through them to bring salvation to everybody. Ancient Israel had to do it just the way the laws told them, so that they could be a light for the nations, so that the nations could understand about Jesus when He came. The sad thing is that Israel doesn't recognize Jesus.

Cool

So you think that everything he (allegedly) did (including flooding people, drowning innocent children to death, genocides, etc.) would be justifiable?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:02:06 PM

Cool

I don't say that at all.

Cool

So you think that everything he (allegedly) did (including flooding people, drowning innocent children to death, genocides, etc.) would be justifiable?

Well, don't you have the right to do with your property the things that you want?

The difference between God's greatness and ours is tremendously more than the difference between our greatness and the greatness of a microbe.

Wake up and look at the freedom God has given all people. But if He does something to us, no matter how it looks to us, we are His property, and He has the power and the right.

If you think that you don't like God or what He does, at least be logical, and be on His side as much as you can. He owns you, has the power, and will destroy His enemies, while saving His people.

Your choice (because He has allowed you the choice).

Cool

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:12:56 PM

Cool

I don't say that at all.

Cool

Well, don't you have the right to do with your property the things that you want?

The difference between God's greatness and ours is tremendously more than the difference between our greatness and the greatness of a microbe.

Wake up and look at the freedom God has given all people. But if He does something to us, no matter how it looks to us, we are His property, and He has the power and the right.

If you think that you don't like God or what He does, at least be logical, and be on His side as much as you can. He owns you, has the power, and will destroy His enemies, while saving His people.

Your choice (because He has allowed you the choice).

Cool

I have not exactly and clearly understood your reply to the following question: so you think that everything he (allegedly) did (including flooding people, drowning innocent children to death, genocides, etc.) would be justifiable?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:28:28 PM

I have not exactly and clearly understood your reply to the following question: so you think that everything he (allegedly) did (including flooding people, drowning innocent children to death, genocides, etc.) would be justifiable?

Everything that God does is just and righteous if for no other reason than that He owns everything.

Cool

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:47:26 PM

Everything that God does is just and righteous if for no other reason than that He owns everything.

Cool

I can't believe it. How can you say that a god that drowns (can you imagine for a second how painful it is to actually die by drowning?) innocent children, who were not even in the position to have done anything bad or for which they would deserve to die, is a loving god? And not a few, possibly millions of children.. just because he was pissed off? And this is just one examples of the atrocities that christians believe their god did. What kind of morality is this? And then how can you say that atheists "hate"?

Even if this god would prove to be real, I would rather stay away from that unjust, unforgiving control-freak, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully (cit. R.Dawkins).

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:59:15 PM

Cool

I can't believe it. How can you say that a god that drowns (can you imagine for a second how painful it is to actually die by drowning?) innocent children, who were not even in the position to have done anything bad or for which they would deserve to die, is a loving god? And not a few, possibly millions of children.. just because he was pissed off? And this is just one examples of the atrocities that christians believe their god did. What kind of morality is this? And then how can you say that atheists "hate"?

Even if this god would prove to be real, I would rather stay away from that unjust, unforgiving control-freak, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully (cit. R.Dawkins).

If you work with wood:
1. Does your wood complain when you cut it with the circular saw?
2. Does your circular saw complain when you try to push it through the wood, and it labors?
3. Do your nails complain when you hit them with a hammer?
4. Does your glue complain when you clamp it tightly between two pieces of wood?

No, of course not. They are all your property.

How many microbes has your mean immune system killed off today, right in your own body? If you use deodorant, you are killing more.

Ever mow the lawn? Ever cut down trees or trim the bushes?

You big mean brute of a hypocrite.

Why God would ever offer you eternal life, I don't know. No big deal, however. You won't get it the way you are going.

Cool

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:02:54 PM

If you work with wood:
2. Does your circular saw complain when you try to push it through the wood, and it labors?
4. Does your glue complain when you clamp it tightly between two pieces of wood?

No. They don't complain because they are non-sentient inanimate objects. What kind of logic do you use?  Huh

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:10:57 PM

If you work with wood:

No. They don't complain because they are non-sentient inanimate objects. What kind of logic do you use?  Huh

You don't know that. But, God's greatness is way greater than ours, way more than ours is greater than inanimate objects.

Besides, why did you not include quoting the microbe parts of my post, you big brute of a hypocrite.

Fight God all you want. Your end will be as you deserve, because He owns you and will give you as you deserve to be given.

Cool

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:11:58 PM

If you work with wood:

And beside the logic that you use, you are saying that a god can kill with unbearable and unnecessary pain every children he want...because...it's his property?

Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: