Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

He is a perfect example of why atheists don't get along with theists.  We understand everyone has their own belief, while they believe their belief is THE belief.  (understand?  lol)  They attempt to push their beliefs on us, while we believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs.  

@bold: This is don't by both sides usually and I don't agree with both of them. One doesn't believe in God, fine. One believes in God, also fine. There's nothing to insult/abuse the persons who do/do not believe in God and I find many doing that when it comes to any topic that involves religion. I find the topic of religion just useless as what is the excuse to quote a religion for any kind of event/crime? Those people who commit crimes are simply inhuman/bad people who don't have the right to talk about God as they believe in the opposite.

So many protestants started forcing their belief on me and I simply ignored them and then they began criticizing me because I don't believe what they believe in. It's just insanity.

I believe in God and no matter if I am called anything, I will still believe in him. That's my belief and I will stand with it no matter what.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:24:54 PM

He is a perfect example of why atheists don't get along with theists.  We understand everyone has their own belief, while they believe their belief is THE belief.  (understand?  lol)  They attempt to push their beliefs on us, while we believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs.  

@bold: This is don't by both sides usually and I don't agree with both of them. One doesn't believe in God, fine. One believes in God, also fine. There's nothing to insult/abuse the persons who do/do not believe in God and I find many doing that when it comes to any topic that involves religion. I find the topic of religion just useless as what is the excuse to quote a religion for any kind of event/crime? Those people who commit crimes are simply inhuman/bad people who don't have the right to talk about God as they believe in the opposite.

So many protestants started forcing their belief on me and I simply ignored them and then they began criticizing me because I don't believe what they believe in. It's just insanity.

I believe in God and no matter if I am called anything, I will still believe in him. That's my belief and I will stand with it no matter what.

Both atheists and theists attempt to push their beliefs on others at times. You can see how religion in schools in America is often not allowed a voice. Much of the time the religion of government is to let people - children in school - make up their own minds. This isn't what school is for. School is for training children rather than letting them make up their own mind.

In a discussion in an Internet forum, when does it become "They attempt to push their beliefs on us?" Usually this happens when one side or the other can't answer appropriately. The only thing that the side without answers can do is to answer by character assassinations of logical people in the other.

If you happen to hold a belief that you can't back up with examples or logic, and if someone else happens to show you examples and logic that oppose your beliefs, why do you get into character assassinations of the people who have the reason and the logic?

AND I AM NOT SPEAKING TO erikalui HERE.

It seems that some of the atheists in this forum aren't smart enough to formulate answers to show that atheism is not a religion. So, they attempt to abuse the characters of those who can make a logical point.

But isn't that often exactly the thing that people of a religion do when they can't win people over to their religion?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 01:26:34 PM

As long as you don't think your god has power over anything else, then I have no issue with you.  I call my god "consciousness" Smiley

It's people that believe their god has power over me that make me upset.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:51:59 PM

As long as you don't think your god has power over anything else, then I have no issue with you.  I call my god "consciousness" Smiley

Now, why should that upset you? There really is only one reason. You are being controlled by the suggestions that others make about you. And if it isn't their suggestions - because you didn't say "suggestions," you only said belief - does that mean that you believe the things that other people believe control the way you exist? Sounds like a very strange religion to me. Other people better not have beliefs about you because if they do, those beliefs might actually control you somewhat.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:25:26 PM

Both atheists and theists attempt to push their beliefs on others at times. You can see how religion in schools in America is often not allowed a voice. Much of the time the religion of government is to let people - children in school - make up their own minds. This isn't what school is for. School is for training children rather than letting them make up their own mind.

Then it isn't a place of learning, it is a place of indoctrination.

A school is to educate children so they may be better able to make sense of the world around them, not to make-shit-up(tm) and tell them they must believe it.

So, on the basis you believe that children should be 'trained' rather than educated, does that also follow as them being raised?

It truly does take religion to make good people do bad things, but it also provides as a nice camouflage for nasty bastards to abuse their children, the vulnerable human beings whom they are entrusted to care for and nurture, but who choose, instead, to beat into submission, in the name of their gawd!

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25268343
A child-raising book that advocates whipping with branches and belts has sold hundreds of thousands of copies to evangelical Christians. But the deaths of three children whose parents appear to have been influenced by the authors' teachings have provoked a growing backlash.

The implements can vary. For a child under one year old, a willowy branch or a 1ft (30cm) ruler is recommended. For older children, a larger branch or a belt.

But the objective of the "spanking" described in Michael and Debi Pearl's To Train Up a Child is the same - making children surrender completely to their parents' will.

"Training is the conditioning of the child's mind before the crisis arises; it is preparation for future, instant, unquestioning obedience," reads a passage from the book's first chapter.

The "training" is meant to start early and pre-empt the need for punishment. But if the child is already rebellious, parents are told to "use whatever force is necessary to bring him to bay".

"If you have to sit on him to spank him then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered... Defeat him totally."
Hannah (not her real name) grew up in a community of Independent Fundamental Baptists in north-western Florida. Her parents obtained copies of books by the Pearls when she was about nine and her sister seven.

The spanking began shortly afterwards and continued for at least eight years. In the first five years, it usually happened several times daily.
One day, when she was 14 or 15, her father heard a story about Hannah getting into a fight with a boy at church.
"I'm still not sure honestly what I was being accused of, but my dad just completely flipped out because whatever he heard was just atrocious," she says.
He used wooden rulers, or yardsticks, to spank her, snapping about five in the course of the beating - her mother kept a dozen in the house because they broke so often.
"When I couldn't sit down a couple of days later he was like: 'Stop being so melodramatic, what's wrong with you?' Then he had mother look and [my coccyx] was incredibly bruised and swollen."
Hannah, now in her mid-20s, says her father was "horrified" and never spanked her again. But her mother continued, using a plastic blind handle that she thought was less likely to leave marks on her children's skin.

Like other people who have witnessed Michael Pearl's advice being put into practice, Hannah says her parents were seduced by the idea of a simple formula that would make their children compliant.

"The problem is that [Pearl] tells you you have to break your children," she says. "And to get there you have to be completely ruthless."
To Train Up a Child is widely seen as the most extreme of the publications produced by conservative Christians in the US who advocate corporal punishment.

It is produced by the Pearls' organisation, No Greater Joy Ministries, which is attached to the church where Michael Pearl is a pastor in Pleasantville, Tennessee. First published in 1994, the book soon became popular among fundamentalist, non-denominational groups outside mainstream Christian culture.

Within these tight-knit communities, many families educate their children at home, viewing schools as having a harmful social environment and being insufficiently religious. The Pearls started homeschooling their children in the 1970s, when the practice was still novel.
Homeschooling in the US

Elizabeth Esther, a blogger who grew up in a conservative Christian community in California and describes herself as a "recovering fundamentalist", says that in her church the Pearls were "basically held up as the sterling example of how to raise your children before God".
The group said its revenue for the 2012-2013 tax year was $1.5m, 60% of which came from sales. Some products are donated to prisoners and military families, and boxes of books have been sent to US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To Train Up a Child has sold more than 800,000 copies, according to Michael Pearl. Sales have remained steady in recent years and are only boosted by attacks, he says. "We have several million very happy and cheerful parents and kids who've seen great, wonderful fruit from that book and other things we've written."

Extracts

For the under one year old, a little, ten- to twelve-inch long, willowy branch (striped of any knots that might break the skin) about one-eighth inch diameter is sufficient. Sometimes alternatives have to be sought. A one-foot ruler, or its equivalent in a paddle, is a sufficient alternative. For the larger child, a belt or larger tree branch is effective.
The parents who put off training until the child is old enough to discuss issues or receive explanations find their child a terror long before he understands the meaning of the word. A newborn soon needs training
PARENTS MUST ASSUME THAT PART OF THE CHILD'S MORAL DUTY WHICH IS NOT YET FULLY DEVELOPED. The parents' role is not that of a policeman, but more like that of the Holy Spirit
When the time comes to apply the rod, take a deep breath, relax, and pray, "Lord, make this a valuable learning session. Cleanse my child of ill-temper and rebellion. May I properly represent your cause in this matter."
Make it a point never to use your hand for spanking. The hand swatting is a release of the parent's own frustration. Furthermore, where the child is concerned, the hand is for loving, not martial arts.

Matthew (whose name has also been changed) grew up in a homeschooling family in the mid-West that expected just such positive outcomes from To Train Up a Child.
Spanking with wooden rods and branches started at a very early age for Matthew and his two younger siblings. In the first 10-12 years it happened daily to weekly, he says, before becoming less frequent but more severe.
He says there were no serious injuries. But there have been cases ending in tragedy.

Three child deaths

Hana Williams, 13, hypothermia, malnutrition (2011)
Lydia Schatz, 7, massive tissue damage (2010)
Sean Paddock, 4, suffocated in blankets (2006)
In 2010, Lydia Schatz died after being beaten, three years after arriving in California from Liberia. The following year, another adoptee, 13-year-old Hana Williams, died from hypothermia and malnutrition after being left in the back yard in a small town in Washington state.
The Schatz parents are serving long prison sentences after pleading guilty to charges including second-degree murder, torture, voluntary manslaughter and unlawful corporal punishment.
The Williams parents were sentenced in October to decades in prison for manslaughter.
Investigators said both sets of parents had followed advice from To Train Up a Child, a copy of which was reportedly found in both homes.
Michael Ramsey, a district attorney who prosecuted the Schatzes, said he was planning to mention the book as a contributing factor if the case had come to trial.
Though he did not want to detract from the parents' responsibility in causing Lydia's death, he said the book's ideas were "wholeheartedly embraced by the Schatzes", and "the entire philosophy of the book is intended to lead someone down that slope".

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:01:47 PM

Then it isn't a place of learning, it is a place of indoctrination.
Indoctrination is a form of learning. In virtually all schools in America, the English language is a requirement. This is indoctrination at the same time it is learning.

Lately, the religion of evolution has been taught less and less in indoctrination form. But a couple of decades ago, evolution was an indoctrination in the public schools. And in some of these schools it still is.

A school is to educate children so they may be better able to make sense of the world around them, not to make-shit-up(tm) and tell them they must believe it.
Most of the time schools do not tell children directly that they must believe something, in that terminology. The whole idea is to teach children what they must believe to be able to live and, as you said, "so they may be better able to make sense of the world around them." Or do you think that it is the job of schools to propagandize children?

So, on the basis you believe that children should be 'trained' rather than educated, does that also follow as them being raised?
Actually all three, trained, educated and raised. The meanings of these three words overlap.

It truly does take religion to make good people do bad things, but it also provides as a nice camouflage for nasty bastards to abuse their children, the vulnerable human beings whom they are entrusted to care for and nurture, but who choose, instead, to beat into submission, in the name of their gawd!
Well, actually, this is the way it works with the religion of evolution. If one doesn't subscribe to evolution, he often can't get into certain job positions, especially in the medical. This is because the evolution religion is so deeply imbedded in all the medical writings, that it is difficult to avoid that religion while at the same time learning and doing the job.

If a college person vocally or otherwise protests through suggestion that evolution is wrong, he might be kicked out of school for not accepting the evolution religion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25268343
A child-raising book that advocates whipping with branches and belts has sold hundreds of thousands of copies to evangelical Christians. But the deaths of three children whose parents appear to have been influenced by the authors' teachings have provoked a growing backlash.

The implements can vary. For a child under one year old, a willowy branch or a 1ft (30cm) ruler is recommended. For older children, a larger branch or a belt.

But the objective of the "spanking" described in Michael and Debi Pearl's To Train Up a Child is the same - making children surrender completely to their parents' will.

"Training is the conditioning of the child's mind before the crisis arises; it is preparation for future, instant, unquestioning obedience," reads a passage from the book's first chapter.

The "training" is meant to start early and pre-empt the need for punishment. But if the child is already rebellious, parents are told to "use whatever force is necessary to bring him to bay".

"If you have to sit on him to spank him then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered... Defeat him totally."
Hannah (not her real name) grew up in a community of Independent Fundamental Baptists in north-western Florida. Her parents obtained copies of books by the Pearls when she was about nine and her sister seven.

The spanking began shortly afterwards and continued for at least eight years. In the first five years, it usually happened several times daily.
One day, when she was 14 or 15, her father heard a story about Hannah getting into a fight with a boy at church.
"I'm still not sure honestly what I was being accused of, but my dad just completely flipped out because whatever he heard was just atrocious," she says.
He used wooden rulers, or yardsticks, to spank her, snapping about five in the course of the beating - her mother kept a dozen in the house because they broke so often.
"When I couldn't sit down a couple of days later he was like: 'Stop being so melodramatic, what's wrong with you?' Then he had mother look and [my coccyx] was incredibly bruised and swollen."
Hannah, now in her mid-20s, says her father was "horrified" and never spanked her again. But her mother continued, using a plastic blind handle that she thought was less likely to leave marks on her children's skin.

Like other people who have witnessed Michael Pearl's advice being put into practice, Hannah says her parents were seduced by the idea of a simple formula that would make their children compliant.

"The problem is that [Pearl] tells you you have to break your children," she says. "And to get there you have to be completely ruthless."
To Train Up a Child is widely seen as the most extreme of the publications produced by conservative Christians in the US who advocate corporal punishment.

It is produced by the Pearls' organisation, No Greater Joy Ministries, which is attached to the church where Michael Pearl is a pastor in Pleasantville, Tennessee. First published in 1994, the book soon became popular among fundamentalist, non-denominational groups outside mainstream Christian culture.

Within these tight-knit communities, many families educate their children at home, viewing schools as having a harmful social environment and being insufficiently religious. The Pearls started homeschooling their children in the 1970s, when the practice was still novel.
Homeschooling in the US

Elizabeth Esther, a blogger who grew up in a conservative Christian community in California and describes herself as a "recovering fundamentalist", says that in her church the Pearls were "basically held up as the sterling example of how to raise your children before God".
The group said its revenue for the 2012-2013 tax year was $1.5m, 60% of which came from sales. Some products are donated to prisoners and military families, and boxes of books have been sent to US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To Train Up a Child has sold more than 800,000 copies, according to Michael Pearl. Sales have remained steady in recent years and are only boosted by attacks, he says. "We have several million very happy and cheerful parents and kids who've seen great, wonderful fruit from that book and other things we've written."

Extracts

For the under one year old, a little, ten- to twelve-inch long, willowy branch (striped of any knots that might break the skin) about one-eighth inch diameter is sufficient. Sometimes alternatives have to be sought. A one-foot ruler, or its equivalent in a paddle, is a sufficient alternative. For the larger child, a belt or larger tree branch is effective.
The parents who put off training until the child is old enough to discuss issues or receive explanations find their child a terror long before he understands the meaning of the word. A newborn soon needs training
PARENTS MUST ASSUME THAT PART OF THE CHILD'S MORAL DUTY WHICH IS NOT YET FULLY DEVELOPED. The parents' role is not that of a policeman, but more like that of the Holy Spirit
When the time comes to apply the rod, take a deep breath, relax, and pray, "Lord, make this a valuable learning session. Cleanse my child of ill-temper and rebellion. May I properly represent your cause in this matter."
Make it a point never to use your hand for spanking. The hand swatting is a release of the parent's own frustration. Furthermore, where the child is concerned, the hand is for loving, not martial arts.

Matthew (whose name has also been changed) grew up in a homeschooling family in the mid-West that expected just such positive outcomes from To Train Up a Child.
Spanking with wooden rods and branches started at a very early age for Matthew and his two younger siblings. In the first 10-12 years it happened daily to weekly, he says, before becoming less frequent but more severe.
He says there were no serious injuries. But there have been cases ending in tragedy.

Three child deaths

Hana Williams, 13, hypothermia, malnutrition (2011)
Lydia Schatz, 7, massive tissue damage (2010)
Sean Paddock, 4, suffocated in blankets (2006)
In 2010, Lydia Schatz died after being beaten, three years after arriving in California from Liberia. The following year, another adoptee, 13-year-old Hana Williams, died from hypothermia and malnutrition after being left in the back yard in a small town in Washington state.
The Schatz parents are serving long prison sentences after pleading guilty to charges including second-degree murder, torture, voluntary manslaughter and unlawful corporal punishment.
The Williams parents were sentenced in October to decades in prison for manslaughter.
Investigators said both sets of parents had followed advice from To Train Up a Child, a copy of which was reportedly found in both homes.
Michael Ramsey, a district attorney who prosecuted the Schatzes, said he was planning to mention the book as a contributing factor if the case had come to trial.
Though he did not want to detract from the parents' responsibility in causing Lydia's death, he said the book's ideas were "wholeheartedly embraced by the Schatzes", and "the entire philosophy of the book is intended to lead someone down that slope".

I haven't read this book. Many books write incorrect things.

I believe in corporal punishment of children at the proper time, in the proper way, and for proper reasons. The punishment adults and children receive in correctional institutions shows that the State is hypocritical about anything that it says about not using corporal punishment.

Ultimately, nobody can really force anyone else to believe a certain way. There is that in us that will finally shine through so that we will make up our own minds, even though we do not always express what we believe.

So, what is your purpose in writing all this? You seem to be wanting to play in semantics. Is that your goal, playing? What did you miss out on in school?

Smiley

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 03:49:36 PM

As long as you don't think your god has power over anything else, then I have no issue with you.  I call my god "consciousness" Smiley

I don't believe that my God has any kind of super power but I consider him as a spirit who helps me when I feel low.  I don't believe in miracles  Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:56:52 PM

As long as you don't think your god has power over anything else, then I have no issue with you.  I call my god "consciousness" Smiley

I don't believe that my God has any kind of super power but I consider him as a spirit who helps me when I feel low.  I don't believe in miracles  Smiley

If He doesn't have any super powers, then maybe you could turn to your wife for help.

The word "God" by definition suggests super powers. Perhaps you should turn to your wife for help.

Smiley

EDIT: If you are a woman, seek help from your husband?

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 04:07:18 PM

If He doesn't have any super powers, then maybe you could turn to your wife for help.

The word "God" by definition suggests super powers. Perhaps you should turn to your wife for help.

Smiley

I'm a woman and not married. I will turn to my mother as I see God in her as well.

God is the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority. For me this is the definition but I don't believe he has super powers because I haven't seen them nor do I believe in miracles.

I do believe that this earth also is a form of God, rain is a form of God, and the food I eat also is a form of God. I live on this earth, I get water from the rain, I am alive because of the food I eat. They keep me alive and for me, even my books are a form of God as I gain knowledge from them. God doesn't have a face or shape but he is in my heart.

Call my crazy or anything but I believe in God and not his super powers or magical powers.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 04:13:20 PM

Smiley

I'm a woman and not married. I will turn to my mother as I see God in her as well.

God is the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority. For me this is the definition but I don't believe he has super powers because I haven't seen them nor do I believe in miracles.

I do believe that this earth also is a form of God, rain is a form of God, and the food I eat also is a form of God. I live on this earth, I get water from the rain, I am alive because of the food I eat. They keep me alive and for me, even my books are a form of God as I gain knowledge from them. God doesn't have a face or shape but he is in my heart.

Call my crazy or anything but I believe in God and not his super powers or magical powers.

I am not disproving you but bolded part suggests the god in your heart to have superpowers.

I liked this - "God doesn't have a face or shape but he is in my heart."

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:14:27 PM

Smiley

No disrespect meant but, I haven't seen anyone who has the ability to create anything that is materially real. People create artistry, but they do not create the materials of the paints or canvas whereon they express their art. Such creation of the material of the universe is a great miracle.

Smiley

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:19:18 PM

i just wonder what kind of expression that be had by an atheist when he shocked
if religions people say "Oh My God" of "Oh Jesus Christ", does an atheist will say "Oh science", "Oh universe", or "oh boson higgs particle"?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:22:01 PM

if religions people say "Oh My God" of "Oh Jesus Christ", do an atheist will say "Oh science", "Oh universe", or "oh boson higgs particle"?

I have wondered this, as well. In some of the mills in America, or on some of the docks like in San Francisco or L.A., workers don't seem to have a touch of religion, but they call on the name of God whenever they please.

Smiley

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:23:42 PM

if religions people say "Oh My God" of "Oh Jesus Christ", do an atheist will say "Oh science", "Oh universe", or "oh boson higgs particle"?

I have wondered this, as well. In some of the mills in America, or on some of the docks like in San Francisco or L.A., workers don't seem to have a touch of religion, but they call on the name of God whenever they please.

Smiley

All those years as a kid that I said "holy cow" must mean I was a Hindu, right?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:27:36 PM

Smiley

So that's why you studied all those 6 or 7 religions you studied.

Smiley

pisinos

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:30:52 PM

Because atheists have logical mind.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:31:07 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Words and phrases are passed down, it has nothing to do with any type of "God". That's just sociology/culture for you.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 04:34:06 PM

if religions people say "Oh My God" of "Oh Jesus Christ", does an atheist will say "Oh science", "Oh universe", or "oh boson higgs particle"?

LOL! I guess they might consider their parents as their God. "Oh mum!" "Oh dad"  Wink

I am not disproving you but bolded part suggests the god in your heart to have superpowers.

I liked this - "God doesn't have a face or shape but he is in my heart."

I believe in Adam and Eve but I am not talking about the superpowers like since God is unhappy with the world, he causes an earthquake, tsunami and so on.

I believe that he is the creator of humans though. I would like to know what atheists believe about Adam and Eve. Don't they believe that there was first one man and woman created on this earth? How were they created according to science?

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:34:58 PM

Because atheists have logical mind.

It is not logical, however, to not believe in something because of a lack of physical evidence, and that seems to be the primary reason that most atheists are atheists.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Um...what?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: