Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:51:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:24:18 PM

BTW, I never answered this.

Why do Atheists hate Religion ?

The answer is that they do not, it is the other way around. Actually most atheists I know feel very sad for those that feel they must conform to some doctrine in order to have a better life than the one they currently have. I see there point.

Last post, thread is a waste of time.

Every last one of them, right? Well, you might as well leave after a statement like that.

Smiley

Cow : Pie :: BADecker : Religion

You're so cute. Thanks for getting down to earth.    Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 10:59:20 PM

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 03:03:14 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 03:13:28 PM by Beliathon

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. The gift of rational thought is perverted and usurped by superstitious brainwashing during the formative years of very nearly all religious adults.

Some linguistic anthropologists regard religion as a language virus, which short circuits the critical thinking pathways in our brains. The gift of primate brain plasticity can also be a curse, when barbaric Mother Nation Culture ignorantly tinkers with nature.

True Detective - Rust talks about Religion

If you love reason, it follows that you must despise its enemies, violence and its ally superstition.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:40:19 PM

Of course, how does anybody know for a fact that when you are dead, you don't know that you are dead? Has anybody come back from real death and stated such on the witness stand in court? Or is it only hearsay? Or is it only an assumption?

Until I know for a fact that when a person is dead, he/she doesn't know it, I'm not going to stupidly make that assumption.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:44:12 PM

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. The gift of rational thought is perverted and usurped by superstitious brainwashing during the formative years of very nearly all religious adults.

Some linguistic anthropologists regard religion as a language virus, which short circuits the critical thinking pathways in our brains. The gift of primate brain plasticity can also be a curse, when barbaric Mother Nation Culture ignorantly tinkers with nature.

If you love reason, it follows that you must despise its enemies, violence and its ally superstition.

This can be true for members of any religion. But while it is not necessarily true of all the members of every religion, it is mostly true for members of the atheism religion. Why? Because the evidence for the existence of God is overwhelming, as shown here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395.

Smiley

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:08:48 PM

Of course, how does anybody know for a fact that when you are dead, you don't know that you are dead? Has anybody come back from real death and stated such on the witness stand in court? Or is it only hearsay? Or is it only an assumption?

Until I know for a fact that when a person is dead, he/she doesn't know it, I'm not going to stupidly make that assumption.

Smiley

Care to explain how making the assumption that you will live eternally is any more valid?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:12:31 PM

This can be true for members of any religion. But while it is not necessarily true of all the members of every religion, it is mostly true for members of the atheism religion. Why? Because the evidence for the existence of God is overwhelming, as shown here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395.

Smiley

Honestly, I don't even know why you keep pushing the "atheism is a religion" point.  It says nothing about Christianity whatsoever, and really doesn't mean much of anything.

What I can tell you is that the reason why we keep pushing back against such an unimportant point is that the reasoning by which you arrive at this point infiltrates all other conclusions that you create.  That is, the way in which you invent definitions on the fly, such that you have many active definitions in play at one time, only serves to make your conclusions inconsistent (via the inconsistent definitions you have in play).

You would be better off just dropping your whole "atheism is a religion" shtick, and then finding a way to re-word your beliefs in a way that's consistent with the language everyone else uses.  Else, we will continue to never understand you, and what we don't understand won't make sense.  And you wonder why we call your blabberings "nonsense."
zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:24:04 PM

i think atheist are just people who do not like to be controlled or have the feeling to believe in a deity or any Godliness. but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:25:11 PM

Of course, how does anybody know for a fact that when you are dead, you don't know you're dead?
Irreversible brain death occurs within 8 minutes of the heart's final pump,  after that the brain begins to rot away. Little to no brain matter remains just 7 days post-mortem, and there is no electrical storm happening in whatever rotting matter remains.

Unless you're one of the level 99 theistards who actually believe experience occurs somewhere other than the brain, you must concede this argument. I genuinely hope the damage religion has done to your critical thinking capacity isn't that severe.

Your beliefs do nothing to invalidate modern medical science, and are farcical in the face of it. As science progresses and relegion struggles to survive the suffocating effects of the information age, I wonder how many of you will go mad and end yourselves rather than face a transhumanist existence? Hopefully you don't take too many (more) of us non-theists down with you in your implosion.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:35:20 PM

but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?

Well nobody knows that, Atheist or otherwise.
Anyone claiming to know what happens is lying.

zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:36:57 PM

but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?

i agree but if someone is following a religion, it is stated in their religious book about the life after death or something like that. but how about atheists? since they dont have a book and rely on science, bearing in mind science is more or less about theories which changes over time. i would like to know their views about it

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:45:09 PM

i agree but if someone is following a religion, it is stated in their religious book about the life after death or something like that. but how about atheists? since they dont have a book and rely on science, bearing in mind science is more or less about theories which changes over time. i would like to know their views about it
I'm an atheist. If a write a book stating that we become unicorns after we die and even if others believe that, it won't make it true.
I for one don't think about that. The question can't be answered while you're alive. If you focus on the life and death paradox too much you might start going crazy.

You can always pick the easy route and believe afterlife fairy tales. Then there is no reason not to believe in the Stargate and the ancients either.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:50:42 PM

I'm an atheist. If a write a book stating that we become unicorns after we die and even if others believe that, it won't make it true.
I for one don't think about that. The question can't be answered while you're alive. If you focus on the life and death paradox too much you might start going crazy.

You can always pick the easy route and believe afterlife fairy tales. Then there is no reason not to believe in the Stargate and the ancients either.  Cheesy

and what if it was not a fairytale? what if when you die you see that you will have a judgement day? this is a very interresting conversation to have. what will you do when whoever is out there starts questionning your doings? your beliefs? its just a question but still, what if?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:01:54 PM

and what if it was not a fairytale? what if when you die you see that you will have a judgement day? this is a very interresting conversation to have. what will you do when whoever is out there starts questionning your doings? your beliefs? its just a question but still, what if?

The Atheists will be judged on their good or bad behaviour in life, the same as everyone else. Those that believed in the man-made religions in their life, won't get any special treatment.

Of course in reality I have no idea, just guessing like everyone else.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 10:03:56 PM

So you're asking me what if atheists have been wrong all along and judgement day comes?
There will be two options: a) the boring religious people will be stuck in heaven with a bunch of other boring religious people with their God who likes to have everyone under control.
b) The non believers, sinners and such will enjoy our time in hell with all the sinners of the world. This includes most of my awesome friends, hookers and people such as Dan Blizerian.

I'd rather chose option b.   Cheesy

The Atheists will be judged on their good or bad behaviour in life, the same as everyone else. Those that believed in the man-made religions in their life, won't get any special treatment.
He's talking about the judgement day as described in the books. You're forgetting that atheists (including me) probably broke majority of the rules of every religion out there.  Smiley

Now if the religions actually were wrong all along, but there was a god and judgement day came, then what you said is true.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:06:34 PM

Or what's happens if the devil has been tricking all the religious folk all along.
Atheists will have the last laugh then.

zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:08:28 PM

Or what's happens if the devil has been tricking all the religious folk all along.

you believe in devil? o.O thats weird.

anyways maybe you mean if there exist a devil or something like that.

yeah well that was interresting, we do not know what will happen after our death, but its quite scary to think we were wrong and will burn in hell. as far as i know fire hasnt been my strong point all my life Cheesy

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:17:28 PM

but its quite scary to think we were wrong and will burn in hell.

It not remotely scary. This burning in hell thing is a ploy used by the church to increase their followers. Wise people ignore it.
Just enjoy life and stop worrying about your inevitable death. You can't stop it, it's as natural as eating, breathing etc, so why worry?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:18:50 PM

you believe in devil? o.O thats weird.

Not really. But it winds up BADecker. Cheesy

zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

but its quite scary to think we were wrong and will burn in hell.

It not remotely scary. This burning in hell thing is a ploy used by the church to increase their followers. Wise people ignore it.
Just enjoy life and stop worrying about your inevitable death. You can't stop it, it's as natural as eating, breathing etc, so why worry?

yeah i do agree it has yet to be proven. but all religion speaks of hell as burning fire. all religion even tho they have their differences and beliefs speaks about the same subject, im not saying they are right or they are wrong. but its just a thought i wanted to point out.

i do agree with you, death is inevitable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: