Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:00:54 AM

So, what is proper logic?
You shutting your brainwashed ignorant fucking theist mouth, and obeying my teachings like I was your personal Jesus.

Because I am. You're welcome.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:13:51 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 03:28:33 AM by BADecker

So, what is proper logic?  Who decides what proper logic is for their children or for anybody? Actually, the answer is that without God and God-religion, we don't know. Why? Here's why. In two words it is, "freedom illusion."

What is freedom illusion? It is the illusion that we are free, when in all logic, determined from all that we know, we are not at all free.

Cause and effect penetrates everything. All of our decisions, whatever they may be, are based on something, or some group of things, that caused us to decide and act the way we did.

Enter, science. The standard scientist looks at nature. He focuses on a particular thing. Then he attempts to determine what caused the thing to be that way or happen that way. Once he has found the cause, then he tries to find what caused the cause. The dedicated scientist is one who is constantly looking for a deeper cause. The more a scientist is a scientist, the more he looks for causes.

Everything that we know is caused by causes. Even the high quantum math that suggests that there can be some things without a cause, is determined by the quantum mechanics of the mathematician attempting to manipulate the quantum math into the thing that determines such. It is similar with collider and cyclotron physics. If a collider is adjusted and used to present the effect before the cause, it is because the scientist caused the collider to act this way.

The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

So, what is proper and right to teach our children? If we want to teach them the truth, we must teach them that freedom is found in God. Everything else is pre-programmed.
You shutting your brainwashed ignorant fucking theist mouth, and obeying my teachings like I was your personal Jesus.

Because I am. You're welcome.

It's okay, poor little guy. You need to learn to lay off the bottle (baby bottle is okay if you don't have any alcohol in it).

God is there for you. He isn't difficult. He is loving and kind. Why don't you simply accept Him? It's so easy. You will feel such warmth. You will feel so free. Come and join with us and turn to God. He loves you, you know.

Hey! Put that gun down right this second. You don't need to suicide yourself. You're a logical guy, and we need logical guys like you to help us show the world how great and wonderful God is. Since you are going to get rid of yourself anyway, why not turn your life over to God?

Kiss

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:48:04 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am kind of an atheist. I don't believe there is a divine entity controlling the whole universe. I believe in people .  Anyway, my point is that atheists might hate religion because  they think some of the arbitrary rituals and superstitions are really  irrational and unfair. Mostly people who think more scientifically and don't just follow blindly what their families teach them come under atheists group.

I have never been religious, but grew up in an environment where most people subscribed to a religion, but weren't the most serious about it.  Over time, I've seen almost everyone I know distance themselves from religion.  Most religions succeeded from localized knowledge, before the internet.  I think the internet has changed the game, and it's very difficult to condition kids these days, when they have access to whatever information they choose.

I think religion is fine as long as it is tolerant and considerate of people that don't subscribe to the same belief system.  Once you need to start convincing other people you are reading the right book and the other books are wrong, then it becomes an annoyance.  With the internet and access to information, the trend is moving away from religion as each year passes.
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:41:43 AM

Posted by: BADecker - The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

So, what is proper and right to teach our children? If we want to teach them the truth, we must teach them that freedom is found in God. Everything else is pre-programmed.

The problem with this statement is "God" has never written anything, its all been done by humans. So claiming "God" has prescribed anything is false.

The proper and right way to raise our children should be free of dogma, giving them the freedom to make up their own minds.

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:51:22 AM

The proper and right way to raise our children should be free of dogma, giving them the freedom to make up their own minds.

+1

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:43:26 PM

Posted by: BADecker - The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

The problem with this statement is "God" has never written anything, its all been done by humans. So claiming "God" has prescribed anything is false.

What if the result of raising your children to be free of dogma and giving them the freedom to make up their own minds is that they end up coming to the conclusion that there is an absolutely correct way of thinking/behaving, and that they decide it is necessary to teach this to their own children? 
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:53:12 PM

I pray to get strength to face all of my problems. But, the other people said that praying is the shortcut to success. As a example, there is a person who pray to get rich directly, but for me, I pray to stay strong in my job and work hardly, so I can get rich in my way.

Sounds to me like you are lazy and want things handed to you.  You want strength?  Go work out (physical) or mediate (mental).

Two working hands can accomplish more than a million clasped in prayer.

Very true. Praying to your god or whatever deity is acceptable . Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs. But if you blindly follow any superstition , or ritual that is extremely foolish .  You must not assume so much into something you dont have a proof of that you will take any extreme actions like donating millions of bucks and sacrificing animals and stuff. Yes this does happen.

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:59:16 PM

What if the result of raising your children to be free of dogma and giving them the freedom to make up their own minds is that they end up coming to the conclusion that there is an absolutely correct way of thinking/behaving, and that they decide it is necessary to teach this to their own children?  
Mandatory gelding for the offending theistard, and Science Re-Education Gulag for the entire bloodline.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:13:02 PM

i was wondering about what would atheis mention when they've got some problem or mistake on their life are they still mention "God" or something else ? for me when i've got some problem just mention "God" its make me feel better so what about atheis?
giustone

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:17:37 PM

Atheists do not hate religion. Shocked

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:19:53 PM

Atheists do not hate religion.
Speak for yourself, some of us absolutely do despise any superstition.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:27:11 PM

Mandatory gelding for the offending theistard, and Science Re-Education Gulag for the entire bloodline.

How is the general result any different from someone freely and non-dogmatically coming to the conclusion that their children should also be raised freely and non-dogmatically, as you would advocate?  (The point is that your disposition is generally no different, wherein you deem your own thinking about this matter to be 'more correct' based only upon your free-thinking opinion, just as any free-thinking "theistard" does.)

Basically, welcome to the club of opinions.  You and the free-thinking "theistards" have something in common, after all.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:37:49 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 02:50:49 PM by Beliathon

(The point is that your disposition is generally no different, wherein you deem your own thinking about this matter to be 'more correct' based only upon your free-thinking opinion, just as any free-thinking "theistard" does.)
It's called satire, dipshit. See, it's funny because theists have been committing unspeakable crimes against atheists (+generic heretics and sinners) for centuries, including many forms of torture and even burning alive at the stake. Atheists don't torture, enslave, or kill religious folks.

Jesus Christ, you people... Why do I even bother?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:39:25 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am kind of an atheist. I don't believe there is a divine entity controlling the whole universe. I believe in people .  Anyway, my point is that atheists might hate religion because  they think some of the arbitrary rituals and superstitions are really  irrational and unfair. Mostly people who think more scientifically and don't just follow blindly what their families teach them come under atheists group.

I have never been religious, but grew up in an environment where most people subscribed to a religion, but weren't the most serious about it.  Over time, I've seen almost everyone I know distance themselves from religion.  Most religions succeeded from localized knowledge, before the internet.  I think the internet has changed the game, and it's very difficult to condition kids these days, when they have access to whatever information they choose.

I think religion is fine as long as it is tolerant and considerate of people that don't subscribe to the same belief system.  Once you need to start convincing other people you are reading the right book and the other books are wrong, then it becomes an annoyance.  With the internet and access to information, the trend is moving away from religion as each year passes.

Religion is about what people believe and do. It doesn't have anything to do with changing the essence of what the human being really is. Because of this, the idea of departure from religion is a misnomer The departure isn't from religion. It is from formal religion. Or it is from known and accepted religion.

What is the departure from known and formal religion to? It is to a different religion. It often is to a religion that doesn't formally accept God, or one that suggests that there is no religion - a religion of no religion. Much of the time it is to a religion of humanism, where mankind thinks that he is God, even though he doesn't say it in those words. For many it is simply a departure from morals to wild and loose living.

The one thing departure from religion is not is, the departure from religion. People who think such either are not stating what they think is really happening, or they are lying, even if it is only to themselves.

The nature of mankind is such that man always seeks religion... always seeks God to some extent. A big part of the reason for this is that man does not know for a fact anything even an instant into the future.

Consider the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They were in their next movement in life. Some were walking down the sidewalk, perhaps heading for the bomb shelters as the air-raid sirens were blaring. They knew, as they were taking their next step, almost exactly where their foot would land. And then they were gone.

We simply do not really know. Because life and the earth are reasonably stable, our experience deceives us into thinking that we know a short way into the future. But we don't know. Our inner soul cries out for help from God. Our personal religion seeks to stabilize that part of our life that is unknown. There is no non-religion. There is only different religion.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:07:32 PM

You have forgotten the rest of the quote... the part about how universal cause and effect show us that everything is pre-programmed. Since everything is programmed, we have no freedom of choice.

Besides cause and effect, one of the other great and penetrating things we see in the universe is entropy. Everything we see is wearing our, running down, deteriorating, equalizing. There is nothing that we see that shows us how things could come about in the first place. Big Bang is a myth. It is a non-God God.

If there was no man, if there were no human beings, if all that existed was some organic rock, some elemental hydrogen wafting its way across the intergalactic space lanes, then we might have a hard time suggesting with any kind of certainty that God exists.

But this isn't the case. Mankind and the universe are both highly complex, beyond understanding. Yet in the face of entropy, we don't have a factual clue that shows us how such complexity could exist. Furthermore, the complexity is beyond that which we already know, and we realize that it is. How can we tell? Because doctors and researchers haven't been able to cause a person to be able to live a simple 200 years yet, but they keep on trying.

When you combine entropy-without-a-recognizable-beginning-source, with cause-and-effect-programming, you come up with the fact that there was/is something out there that not only caused the programmed universe, but also something like super intelligence that "He" could program such complexity to happen at this end of the existence of all that exists. Why do I say "He." Because mankind is programmed with intelligence and reasoning, the Creator must have had way more ability to reason. (I should really have called Him SuperGod.)

In other words, if we were only into one year since "He" started the whole thing, the few billions upon billions of cause and effect happenings would have been tiny compared with the untold trillions upon trillions - actually innumerable - of cause and effect happenings that have maintained intelligence among human beings over thousands of years, and all that in the face of the deterioration caused by entropy.

Call "Him" whatever you want to call "Him." The term "God" as we understand it is way too meaningless to define the tremendously great reality regarding what the SUPER-INTELLIGENCE that created the universe is.

Smiley

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:10:28 PM

(The point is that your disposition is generally no different, wherein you deem your own thinking about this matter to be 'more correct' based only upon your free-thinking opinion, just as any free-thinking "theistard" does.)
It's called satire, dipshit. See, it's funny because theists have been committing unspeakable crimes against atheists (+generic heretics and sinners) for centuries, including many forms of torture and even burning alive at the stake. Atheists don't torture, enslave, or kill religious folks.

Jesus Christ, you people... Why do I even bother?

I know it was satire.  I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you were actually making a thoughtful contribution underneath it.  I also continue to assume you and I have something in common in that we appreciate the merit of sound ideas. You're calling that assumption into question.  As you continue to demonstrate, being an atheist apparently doesn't mean you won't be a complete jerk, let alone give proper respect to someone who takes the time to give you said benefit of the doubt and make a thoughtful response to engage you in meaningful conversation simply because you have a different opinion.  Case in point, you've made at least three foot-in-mouth posts to me in this thread wherein you were sharply corrected with respectable academic references (i.e. by your more educated peers), and it's become clear that you aren't as open to sound ideas, or academic progress (or, you know...the dictionary) as you purport.  It doesn't suit your best interest to be continually arrogant when you're running out of feet (or have a small mouth).
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:13:27 PM

As you continue to demonstrate, being an atheist apparently doesn't mean you won't be a complete jerk
Who ever told you that nonsense? Listen my child, the bruised ego I leave you with is the Toll you gotta pay to tap this Font of Wisdom, understand? A bruised ego is a cheap price for what I'm offering, and you should pay it gladly.

TLDR Suck it up princess.

Yours in Jerkery and Levity,

World Asshole Beliathon

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:15:53 PM

+1

The right way to raise our children is to tell them the truth. The truth is found in my three above posts, even though it is not my truth. It all-pervading truth.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11864476#msg11864476

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11869191#msg11869191

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11869484#msg11869484

Then, find the ways God is showing Himself to us, and dogma or not, raise our children with God understanding.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:20:53 PM

What if?

In the face of universal complexity as we see it, and all-pervading entropy, and the fact that everything as we know it is pre-programed, we still have people who can't even come to the simple conclusion that God exists. It's obvious that children are being, and are going to be, raised in any and every way possible.

Neat question. But rather useless.

Smiley

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:22:24 PM

In the face of universal complexity as we see it, and all-pervading entropy, and the fact that everything as we know it is pre-programed, we still have people who can't even come to the simple conclusion that God exists. It's obvious that children are being, and are going to be, raised in any and every way possible.
Before this century is out, intellectual abuse [national or religious indoctrination during formative years] will be both legal crimes and deep-rooted cultural taboos. That shit ain't gonna fly in the Civilization of Reason that is coming.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: