Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:00:44 PM

Christians aren't supposed to believe in reincarnation. I don't.
My child, I'm afraid you haven't been paying attention to Teacher. Once again:

Belief is not a choice. It's a compulsion beyond the realm of choice, based on observation/evidence; in science argument and consensus.

Desirability is not a requisite of the truth. I do not choose what I believe because I perceive it as the more attraction option. I'm compelled to believe what I think is true, whether I like it or not!

The truth does not require your approval. It simply is.

I don't know of any religions that states that suicide is a good thing. It's murder (of oneself), and so it's a sin for Christians.
Religion is how the power elite controlled the peasants for many generations before the Nation State took over that role. Fear is a prison for your mind. This tragic fear of divine retribution would likely prevent you from committing the self-mercy of suicide even if you were enduring days or week of torture.

Not months, though, and certainly not years. Pain is an inexhaustible resource, just like pleasure. Under those circumstances, sooner or later your superstition would break, unable to bear the weight of such suffering. Eventually you'd come to your senses and end it. Deep down you know this to be true.

"My child?" Wow, how pretentious can you get?  You said you're a "psych major."  What are you?  Late teens?  Early 20's?  Bold, bold statements for a student to say...

Equally as pretentious as the man in the church referred to as "father" who is not your father?

I can't speak on Beliathon's behalf, but it looks to me like a joke, that has been taken very seriously Smiley

Another point for Buddhism, the only religion that has a sense of humour Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:13:16 PM

Belief is not a choice. It's a compulsion beyond the realm of choice, based on observation/evidence; in science argument and consensus.

Desirability is not a requisite of the truth. I do not choose what I believe because I perceive it as the more attraction option. I'm compelled to believe what I think is true, whether I like it or not!

I don't know of any religions that states that suicide is a good thing. It's murder (of oneself), and so it's a sin for Christians.
Religion is how the power elite controlled the peasants for many generations before the Nation State took over that role. Fear is a prison for your mind. This tragic fear of divine retribution would likely prevent you from committing the self-mercy of suicide even if you were enduring days or week of torture.

Not months, though, and certainly not years. Pain is an inexhaustible resource, just like pleasure. Under those circumstances, sooner or later your superstition would break, unable to bear the weight of such suffering. Eventually you'd come to your senses and end it. Deep down you know this to be true.

"My child?" Wow, how pretentious can you get?  You said you're a "psych major."  What are you?  Late teens?  Early 20's?  Bold, bold statements for a student to say...

Equally as pretentious as the man in the church referred to as "father" who is not your father?

I can't speak on Beliathon's behalf, but it looks to me like a joke, that has been taken very seriously Smiley

It isn't Buddhism that has the sense of humor. It's the Buddhists, 'cause they realize what a joke religion is. That's because they haven't encountered the pure sense that Christianity makes.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:19:21 PM

"My child?" Wow, how pretentious can you get?  You said you're a "psych major."  What are you?  Late teens?  Early 20's?  Bold, bold statements for a student to say...

1) Exclusive from all else, it was exceedingly pretentious.  Have you read the dude's posts?  It wasn't a joke.

2) What man in the church?  Neither the pope (the supposed vicar of Christ) nor Jesus claimed to be the Father.  Do you mean God?  This is just nitpicking.  "Father" in such a context just refers to the thing we came from.  Logical reductionism soundly leads to the necessity of a single "source" of everything.  Given monistic reductionism, do you really take issue with such a metaphorical issue aside from the trivial fact that the "source" doesn't look like your dad or have a penis?
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:22:41 PM

"My child?" Wow, how pretentious can you get?  You said you're a "psych major."  What are you?  Late teens?  Early 20's?  Bold, bold statements for a student to say...

1) Exclusive from all else, it was exceedingly pretentious.  Have you read the dude's posts?  It wasn't a joke.

2) What man in the church?  Neither the pope (the supposed vicar of Christ) nor Jesus claimed to be the Father.  Do you mean God?  This is just nitpicking.  "Father" in such a context just refers to the thing we came from.  Logical reductionism soundly leads to the necessity of a single "source" of everything.  Given monistic reductionism, do you really take issue with such a metaphorical issue aside from the trivial fact that the "source" doesn't look like your dad or have a penis?

For his 2nd point: He means Priest. You're supposed to call him "father (real name)" when speaking with them. That's also just Catholicism. Yet Christians do refer to strangers even, as brothers and sisters in Christ, because we are all God's children. But that's not a pretentious pronoun....
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:23:34 PM

Now you're talking cause and effect. Now you finally understand that you don't have any free will... that free will is an illusion.

Time for you to let God direct your illusion-mind to request Him to show you the truth by requesting Him to do so, like He is attempting to direct it, through cause and effect from the beginning right down to the present.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:24:47 PM

It isn't Buddhism that has the sense of humor. It's the Buddhists, 'cause they realize what a joke religion is. That's because they haven't encountered the pure sense that Christianity makes.

Smiley

Do you have any idea how close Christianity is to Buddhism in practice?  Jesus essentially taught Buddhism!  Most Buddhists revere Jesus's teachings.  "Christ"inanity is about Jesus and his teachings, and those teachings nearly mimic Buddhist precepts.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:35:04 PM

Smiley

Do you have any idea how close Christianity is to Buddhism in practice?  Jesus essentially taught Buddhism!  Most Buddhists revere Jesus's teachings.  "Christ"inanity is about Jesus and his teachings, and those teachings nearly mimic Buddhist precepts.

Do you have any idea how far Buddhism is from Christianity in faith? In Christianity, doing the will of the Father - obeying the laws of God - is essentially believing in Jesus for life and salvation. In Buddhism, it is actively seeking to do right things all the time, something that we all fail at.

Christianity is success, because we don't need perfect faith to have sufficient faith before God.

Buddhism is failure, because we are all tainted already, by built in tendency to not live life perfectly... tendency we will follow given enough time.

Smiley

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:05:17 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 07:17:30 PM by Beliathon

>>

I can't speak on Beliathon's behalf, but it looks to me like a joke, that has been taken very seriously
Correct. It wasn't a statement about age, it was a half-joke highlighting the apparent intellectual gap between The Joint and I. You know, the intellectual gap between the average human IQ and a chimpanzee is smaller than the intellectual gap between the average person and a genius IQ.

So when I call you a "child" rather than a Great Ape or some other similarly likely-offensive reference to your primateness, I'm actually being quite generous. Even as a young child I would have run logical circles around most of these adults. We're practically not even the same species.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:08:56 PM

>>

I can't speak on Beliathon's behalf, but it looks to me like a joke, that has been taken very seriously
Correct. It wasn't a statement about age, it was a half-joke highlighting the apparent intellectual gap between The Joint and I. You know, the intellectual gap between the average human IQ and a chimpanzee is smaller than the intellectual gap between the average person and a genius IQ.

Ergo, when I call you a "child" rather than a Great Ape or similarly offensive reference to your primateness, I'm actually being quite generous. Even as a young child I would have run logical circles around these clowns. I'll just let that sink in.

And yet, you wrote it to me, not The Joint.
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:13:06 PM

Best thread on the site...
I say im only going to read a few more posts, then it leads to a few more pages, which leads to dinner burning in the oven.

Good thing i can just "pray" the burnt taste of the lasagna away  Grin  
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:31:30 PM

A Psych Major?

What?  Why not be a major in something that will make serious money and be some value to the world.

Like chemical engineering.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:51:44 PM

>>

So when I call you a "child" rather than a Great Ape or some other similarly likely-offensive reference to your primateness, I'm actually being quite generous. Even as a young child I would have run logical circles around most of these adults. We're practically not even the same species.
There is no evidence of any great intellect on your part.  In fact if there were, you would not be having the conversations you are having.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 08:54:59 PM

Quote from: MakingMoneyHoney
Forgive me. Please understand it can be difficult for a whale to discern one small goldfish from another.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:57:23 PM

Forgive me. Please understand it can be difficult for a whale to discern one small goldfish from another.

I'm sorry. Are we supposed to take you seriously? You've been shown to be a hypocrite over and over and in an attempt to show your intellect being higher than others, you forgot who you were demeaning, lol.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 10:24:30 PM

I'm sorry. Are we supposed to take you seriously? You've been shown to be a hypocrite over and over and in an attempt to show your intellect being higher than others
I wasn't aware that it was merely an attempt.

It seems that one of us is suffering from a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. I'll leave it to the readers to deduce which of us that is.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:40:04 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 01:16:16 AM by MakingMoneyHoney

I'm sorry. Are we supposed to take you seriously? You've been shown to be a hypocrite over and over and in an attempt to show your intellect being higher than others, you forgot who you were demeaning, lol.

It seems that one of us is suffering from a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. I'll leave it to the readers to deduce which of us that is.

I call you a hypocrite... over and over. You remain silent. Why? Because you are. I guess remaining silent is winning....The only way to win is not to play, right?

Doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite, though.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:58:14 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 12:08:59 AM by the joint

I'm sorry. Are we supposed to take you seriously? You've been shown to be a hypocrite over and over and in an attempt to show your intellect being higher than others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and others.

Okay, "teacher."

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-5, include:[6]
A. Significant impairments in personality functioning manifested by:
1. Impairments in self functioning (a or b):
a. Identity: Excessive reference to others for self-definition and self-esteem regulation; exaggerated self-appraisal may be inflated or deflated, or vacillate between extremes; emotional regulation mirrors fluctuations in self-esteem.

"Whale" vs. "goldfish"; "teacher vs. student"; "father vs. child"

b. Self-direction: Goal-setting is based on gaining approval from others; personal standards are unreasonably high in order to see oneself as exceptional, or too low based on a sense of entitlement; often unaware of own motivations.

Talking to others in the 3rd-person.

AND
2. Impairments in interpersonal functioning (a or b):
 a. Empathy: Impaired ability to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others; excessively attuned to reactions of others, but only if perceived as relevant to self; over- or underestimate of own effect on others.
b. Intimacy: Relationships largely superficial and exist to serve self-esteem regulation; mutuality constrained by little genuine interest in others' experiences and predominance of a need for personal gain

B. Pathological personality traits in the following domain:
Antagonism, characterized by:
a. Grandiosity: Feelings of entitlement, either overt or covert; self-centeredness; firmly holding to the belief that one is better than others; condescending toward others.
b. Attention seeking: Excessive attempts to attract and be the focus of the attention of others; admiration seeking.
C. The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expression are relatively stable across time and consistent across situations.
D. The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expression are not better understood as normative for the individual's developmental stage or socio-cultural environment.
E. The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expression are not solely due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, medication) or a general medical condition (e.g., severe head trauma).
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:55:43 AM

A Psych Major?

What?  Why not be a major in something that will make serious money and be some value to the world.

Like chemical engineering.

Good point. Kinda like for meteorologists. They should make them spend a year predicting the stock market before they give them a weather forecasting job. If they can earn themselves a $100,000 predicting the stock market, they can have a job predicting the weather. Of course, then we wouldn't have any meteorologists. Why not? Because either they wouldn't pass the test (making $100,000), or they would keep on with the stock market until they could make a $million a year. Forget the weather.

That would be okay, though. All you need do to see why it would be okay is, visit http://www.wunderground.com/ for many cities in the USA. Take a look at the 10-day forecast throughout the day. Often it changes more than half-a-dozen times a day. Sometimes the forecast for the current day changes as the day goes on, to match what is happening in the weather outside.

I make my mistakes, and I am embarrassed about it. But I don't see how meteorologists can live with their mistakes... constantly, day in and day out.

Smiley

uniton

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:56:04 AM

Why do Atheists hate Religion ? my answer is simple because they are not believe in god

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 07:37:16 PM

Why do Atheists hate Religion ? my answer is simple because they are not believe in god
Well your post is really useless. You definitely need to read a more than a few posts in this thread to understand a few things. The answer is definitely not simple but rather very complicated (as debates about religion usually are). People just can not generalize anything and thus should not do that in this very case.
There are bad people on both sides (even though religious people should be good). I guess the problems occur when religious people try to shove their religion into your face.

Why would anyone fear death?
Since nobody actually knows what happens when we die, it's the unknown I guess.
Actually this is mostly related to major religions. People are afraid of death, do not like to speak/think about it and thus religious have gained many followers. Because of their fear, the idea of being saved makes the calm. In Buddhism it is much different. Buddha has not only encouraged his followers to speak about death, he encouraged them to think about it, contemplate it regularly. Contemplation of death makes one acknowledge death. However, people do not acknowledge it fully, nor consciously.
"The contemplation of death, rather than making us depressed and morbid, can actually help us live our lives more fully, with more joy, with more gratitude and appreciation."

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: