Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:09:47 AM

Myself dislike it. I would prefer that so many people didn't believe in things like this,like that, like what?, to me it's absurd. I think we'd all be better off if more people viewed the world scientifically.

I agree with the view-the-world-scientifically part. If people viewed the world scientifically, and thought about what they viewed, they would see that God exists.

We all need God. When we find Him, we are far better off.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:23:11 PM

This is not to say there aren't followers of Jesus Christ who call themselves Catholic, as I was one growing up. But the Catholic Church is not a Christian Church.

You must have had a head trauma during your childhood.

Where you kidnapped by aliens?

Yo' kid: in Italy you are Catholic. If you are Christian and not Catholic you are 0.10% maximum. Catholicism is Christianity in Italy.

"Thank You".

Anyone who doesn't follow Jesus Christ and try to do what He said, His teachings, is not a Christian. Catholics don't believe you can be forgiven by the Lord (according to your words you need a priest or you go to hell). I don't understand how you don't understand that it means they're not teaching a Christian philosophy. There's only way to the Lord and that's through the Son, Jesus. He said that. He didn't say the only way to the Lord was through the priest or pope.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:05:04 PM

And, what sir, is the “sin of Adam”? Eating apples or what? Where did Adam come from? Mud? I doubt that! GOD CREATES FROM MATTER ATOMS AND MOLECULES--HE DOES NOT NEED CLAY OR MUD--FOR GOD IS AND GOD IS INFINITE AND HE CERTAINLY NEEDS NO WAD OF DIRT FROM WHICH TO CREATE HIS MOST WONDROUS CREATIONS. HE CREATED MAN FROM THE ESSENCE OF LIGHT AND GAVE UNTO MAN SPIRIT WHICH IS A PURE REFLECTION OF HIMSELF--THE BODY OF MAN IS ONLY A HANDY PIECE OF MACHINERY TO ENABLE HIM TO BETTER EXPERIENCE THROUGH THE DIMENSION OF PHYSICAL PLANE.

The speaker refers to eternal life and then pronounces that Man still experiences death so somehow he is still cursed. Man does not experience “death”--a physical housing experiences changes which you call death in your lack of knowledge--for it, too, is only changed into energy form of one sort or another--back into its original forming elements of matter and energy. The MAN WITHIN WHICH IS THE REFLECTION OF GOD IS THAT WHICH IS IMMORTAL--IN EITHER EVENT THERE IS ONLY CHANGE--NOT DEATH! PONDER IT!

Source: http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/j029/

I like to think as my life without sins but, if I need to choose, the sin of Adam was to listen to Eve.

Anyone who doesn't follow Jesus Christ and try to do what He said, His teachings, is not a Christian. Catholics don't believe you can be forgiven by the Lord (according to your words you need a priest or you go to hell). I don't understand how you don't understand that it means they're not teaching a Christian philosophy. There's only way to the Lord and that's through the Son, Jesus. He said that. He didn't say the only way to the Lord was through the priest or pope.

Yeah! Except that there is the Pope in there.

Are you the Pope?

I haven't heard this. Atheist don't believe in any religion and that's all. They don't hate nothing. At least the normal atheists. Then there are extremists (as in every kind of this things) that hate something or everything. But this is not to be generalized.

I thought that Atheism is just like any other faith and now I see they have even many denominations.
As I recall, there's an article I read about the different types of Atheism (I'll look for that blog site).

1. Intellectual atheist
-They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.
2. Anti-theist
- This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves  as "opposed to religious ideology".

I forgot the others.  Tongue

Guys: you are discussing about a sin.

Atheism is idolatry, a sin according to the 2nd Commandement.
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Don't lose time discussing that.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:16:43 PM

Are you the Pope?

But that's not in the bible! Followers of Jesus Christ (including his disciples) didn't have pope to confess to. Jesus told them to confess to the Lord, not to a person. You don't agree with what Jesus said? Then you're not a follower of Jesus, and aren't a Christian, right?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:29:32 PM

Are you the Pope?

But that's not in the bible! Followers of Jesus Christ (including his disciples) didn't have pope to confess to. Jesus told them to confess to the Lord, not to a person. You don't agree with what Jesus said? Then you're not a follower of Jesus, and aren't a Christian, right?

What are you talking about: the Pope is the vicary of Christ on earth?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primacy_of_Simon_Peter

This is really basic catechism: you'll learn that in 1st primary school from the Country were I came from.

Pope is Jesus Christ.

What are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:45:25 PM

Are you the Pope?

What are you talking about: the Pope is the vicary of Christ on earth?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primacy_of_Simon_Peter

This is really basic catechism: you'll learn that in 1st primary school from the Country were I came from.

Pope is Jesus Christ.

What are you talking about?

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

Colossians 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

Matthew 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

There are many instances where we are to pray to the Lord in Heaven for forgiveness, and He forgives us. Yet you place a man (priest or pope) in the middle. That's not biblical. Jesus told us to pray to our Heavenly Father for forgiveness, and not to a man. Also He said not to "use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do" which is actually what Catholics do when they pray the rosary over and over and over without thinking do.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:48:04 PM

...omissis...

That's not biblical.

...omissis...

Well... than make it so.

BYTW... "that's not biblical" because we are chatting about atheism. That's why I think discussing about Christianity is OT (Off Topic).

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:50:52 PM

...omissis...

That's not biblical.

...omissis...

Well... than make it so.

Thank You.

You want me to change the bible so Catholics are Christians? Like what the papacy did when they changed the 10 commandments right?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:55:48 PM

You want me to change the bible so Catholics are Christians? Like what the papacy did when they changed the 10 commandments right?

I told you to make the Pope biblical.

Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how did you have acted if you were lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you have believed in Jesus Christ if you were lived during his times?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:57:18 PM

I told you to make the Pope biblical.

So we can agree the pope isn't biblical and therefore not Christian?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 03:08:32 PM by BitNow

Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how would you have acted if you did lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you had believed in Jesus Christ if you did lived during Jesus Christ's time?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:11:21 PM

Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how would you have acted if you did lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you have believed in Jesus Christ if you did lived during Jesus Christ's time?

Thank You.

The papacy has changed the 10 commandments, tell people to pray the rosary over and over like the heathens, and have changed the day of rest from the Sabbath to Sunday. Keeping the Sabbath Holy is a commandment. They broke the commandments. You can't believe the Pope is holy if he doesn't keep the 10 commandments (the Sabbath). Who is he to change times and laws? Daniel 7:25 He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:16:36 PM

The papacy has changed the 10 commandments, tell people to pray the rosary over and over like the heathens, and have changed the day of rest from the Sabbath to Sunday. Keeping the Sabbath Holy is a commandment. They broke the commandments. You can't believe the Pope is holy if he doesn't keep the 10 commandments (the Sabbath). Who is he to change times and laws? Daniel 7:25 He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

"Wow": are the heathens like the atheists?

Is heathens a synonyms of atheists or is something different still on the subject "Religion"?

Thank You for your lesson.

Who is he to change times and laws?

He is the vicar of Christ.

I've already said that but I will go forward in the name of the "language barrier" we have here (trying to overcome here?!?) .

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

Is heathens a synonyms of atheists or is something different still on the subject "Religion"?

Thank You for your lesson.

Who is he to change times and laws?

He is the vicar of Christ.

I've already said that but I will go forward in the name of the "language barrier" we have here (trying to overcome here?!?) .

Thank You.

Heathens worship pagan-gods, demonic forces/Nephilim. They would chant and go into a trance-like state, or just pray without thinking. The Lord wants us to think about what we're praying when we pray. If you have to pray the rosary so many times, most people will stop thinking about what they're praying, so it's not the way we're supposed to pray according to the bible.

Jesus didn't change the law, He came to fulfill it. Why should the "vicar of christ" change the laws that even Jesus Himself did not?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:34:28 PM

Heathens worship pagan-gods, demonic forces/Nephilim. They would chant and go into a trance-like state, or just pray without thinking. The Lord wants us to think about what we're praying when we pray. If you have to pray the rosary so many times, most people will stop thinking about what they're praying, so it's not the way we're supposed to pray according to the bible.

Jesus didn't change the law, He came to fulfill it. Why should the "vicar of christ" change the laws that even Jesus Himself did not?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I agree: Jesus Christ didn't change the law so the Pope is not doing it as well.

I think heathens should be a synonim of atheism, as worshipping a god and not the only one is the same as not having Faith in God completely.

What do you think?

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:49:10 PM

jesus ' fulfilling the law means to fulfill old testament prophecies relating to himself, not enforcing the sabbath and making sure people didn't eat shelfish, new testament makes it abundantly clear that you wont be saved by following mosaic law, neither circumsiion availeth anything nor uncircumsision

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:52:15 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 05:31:30 PM by Beliathon

Traditionally, heathen is one of the words theists utter just prior to burning the heathen in question alive.

(images removed as they were quoted by someone with awfulshit forum etiquette below)

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:54:40 PM

Traditionally, heathen is one of the words theists utter just prior to burning the heathen in question alive.

Yo' kid! I appreciate the free info and suff but could you answer my question first?

Question: do you consider yourself atheist?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:16:44 PM

I agree: Jesus Christ didn't change the law so the Pope is not doing it as well.

I think heathens should be a synonim of atheism, as worshipping a god and not the only one is the same as not having Faith in God completely.

What do you think?

I don't agree, on both parts.

jesus ' fulfilling the law means to fulfill old testament prophecies relating to himself, not enforcing the sabbath and making sure people didn't eat shelfish, new testament makes it abundantly clear that you wont be saved by following mosaic law, neither circumsiion availeth anything nor uncircumsision

Yes, I believe the only way to be saved is to believe in Jesus, through His grace we're saved. I'm arguing that Catholics that believe the only way to be saved is for a priest to confess them before they die, is not biblical or what Jesus taught.

Which we've already discussed is not what a Christian would do.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

I don't agree, on both parts.

Thank You

Yes, I believe the only way to be saved is to believe in Jesus, through His grace we're saved. I'm arguing that Catholics that believe the only way to be saved is for a priest to confess them before they die, is not biblical or what Jesus taught.

Which is typical of Protestantism (traditional religion of anglo saxon Countries)
Sola Gratia is part of the file solae which are the central principles in the Protestant Reformation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_solae

The point is: Anglicanism has the Pope (Queen Elisabeth II)

Question: do you think Anglicanism is Christianity or is not Christianity as well?

Thank You.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: