Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:43:35 PM

I would change my mind if VOD starts believing in G..
In VOD(boob sucker) i believe .

In order for me to start believing in a god, I'd have to lose a few dozen IQ points.

I'll post back here if I ever start snorting glue.  Smiley

Don't lose any more! We enjoy your posts in the forum.   Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:52:44 PM

In order for me to start believing in a god, I'd have to lose a few dozen IQ points.

and if it works pass me some so i can see him Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i need to ask him if england will ever win the world cup again Cheesy Cheesy
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 09:02:57 PM

VOD DOES believe in God! He/she simply doesn't state that he/she believes in God.

How do we know that Vod believes in God? Because Vod doesn't have enough evidence to state truthfully that God doesn't exist. Since Vod makes statements that God DOESN'T exist, he/she is holding himself/herself up as God by claiming the authority to make such statements in the face of not having enough evidence to truthfully make such statements.

Therefore, according to Vod, Vod is God. Thus, God exists.

Smiley

Now I understand why you think God exist.

What you addressed is a Man not a G-d.

Thank You.

Is the translation that bad? That's not what I said.

What I said is more like...
If you think that there is no God, in the face of nobody knowing for sure that there is no God, then you are setting yourself up as God above God if God exists. But if there is no God, you are setting yourself up as God, because we have a lot of evidence that suggests that God exists, and no proof that He doesn't.

Either way, you are making yourself out to be God by your decision to be an atheist. Maybe you don't know it, but you are. So, as an atheist, you are formally saying that there is no God, but by saying this, you are setting yourself up as God.

Smiley

EDIT: You use the term "G-d" on a regular basis. What's a G-d?
no proof that monsters don.t live under your bed Grin Grin
Every time you close your eyes to sleep a monster might pop up and start dancing all around you..
plus if you try and video the monster whiles your asleep it turns invisible ..TRY AND PROVE I AM WRONG Grin Grin
DOES THIS SOUND CRAZY..WELL SO IS YOUR THINKING ABOUT GOD..
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 09:08:35 PM

VOD DOES believe in God! He/she simply doesn't state that he/she believes in God.

How do we know that Vod believes in God? Because Vod doesn't have enough evidence to state truthfully that God doesn't exist. Since Vod makes statements that God DOESN'T exist, he/she is holding himself/herself up as God by claiming the authority to make such statements in the face of not having enough evidence to truthfully make such statements.

Smiley

Thank You.

If you think that there is no God, in the face of nobody knowing for sure that there is no God, then you are setting yourself up as God above God if God exists. But if there is no God, you are setting yourself up as God, because we have a lot of evidence that suggests that God exists, and no proof that He doesn't.

Either way, you are making yourself out to be God by your decision to be an atheist. Maybe you don't know it, but you are. So, as an atheist, you are formally saying that there is no God, but by saying this, you are setting yourself up as God.

Smiley

Every time you close your eyes to sleep a monster might pop up and start dancing all around you..
plus if you try and video the monster whiles your asleep it turns invisible ..TRY AND PROVE I AM WRONG Grin Grin

I agree with you about the monsters living under the bed. We don't have proof that they don't live there in some way. But nobody is stating for a fact that they don't live there. Atheists state for a fact that God doesn't exist.

When you set yourself up making statements about things that you don't know for certain, you are a fool. In addition, you are setting yourself up as God by downplaying something that may be true though you don't know it.

Even the people who state that they know that monsters absolutely do not live under their bed, are setting themselves up as God. Why? Because all you have to do is view some of the microbes that live on the dust under your bed in a microscope to see the monsters there.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 09:44:20 PM

Smiley

Thank You.

Smiley

I agree with you about the monsters living under the bed. We don't have proof that they don't live there in some way. But nobody is stating for a fact that they don't live there. Atheists state for a fact that God doesn't exist.

When you set yourself up making statements about things that you don't know for certain, you are a fool. In addition, you are setting yourself up as God by downplaying something that may be true though you don't know it.

Even the people who state that they know that monsters absolutely do not live under their bed, are setting themselves up as God. Why? Because all you have to do is view some of the microbes that live on the dust under your bed in a microscope to see the monsters there.

Smiley
NO WE DON.T WE ASK FOR PROOF..NO ONE CAN BE CERTAIN ABOUT ANYTHING..
ARE WE EVEN HERE?..Atheist disbelieve there is a GOD..And do not worship GODS I.E A supreme beings
If god showed himself well then i would have to believe  Grin Grin Grin more chance seeing an alien than god Grin Grin
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 09:51:25 PM

Smiley

Thank You.

Smiley

Smiley
ARE WE EVEN HERE?..Atheist disbelieve there is a GOD..And do not worship GODS I.E A supreme beings
If god showed himself well then i would have to believe  Grin Grin Grin more chance seeing an alien than god Grin Grin

Atheists don't believe in a God. You're thinking of agnostics.

Agnosticism means you don't know if there is a god or not, and want proof.

"A theist, or believer in God, will tell you that he ABSOLUTELY exists. An atheist (non-believer) will say he ABSOLUTELY doesn't. " (link)
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:06:33 PM

Smiley

Thank You.

Smiley

Smiley
If god showed himself well then i would have to believe  Grin Grin Grin more chance seeing an alien than god Grin Grin

"A theist, or believer in God, will tell you that he ABSOLUTELY exists. An atheist (non-believer) will say he ABSOLUTELY doesn't. " (link)
well i am not an atheist then ACCORDING TO YOU..AND NEITHER IS RICHARD DAWKINS..Because i say and he says science will tell you how can we be totally sure there is no god..
We cannot be sure about anything Grin ;Dwe are 99.9% sure there is no god so not worth worshiping

and here is the proper meaning of an atheist

atheist
ˈeɪθɪɪst/Submit
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
"he is a committed atheist"
synonyms:   non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine,
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:21:26 PM

Smiley

Thank You.

Smiley

Smiley
If god showed himself well then i would have to believe  Grin Grin Grin more chance seeing an alien than god Grin Grin

well i am not an atheist then ACCORDING TO YOU..AND NEITHER IS RICHARD DAWKINS..Because i say and he says science will tell you how can we be totally sure there is no god..
We cannot be sure about anything Grin ;Dwe are 99.9% sure there is no god so not worth worshiping

atheist
ˈeɪθɪɪst/Submit
noun
synonyms:   non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine,

I'm not the one who came up with the definition.

From an atheist website: http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism?

"The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. "

Which means they don't believe in gods. Agnosticism is what you were describing, where you don't know if there is or isn't a god.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:27:25 PM

this is the way i think about god..
if you were my friend and you said to me i have just won 1 million pounds..i would say oh yer right what ever..and i would not believe you..but if you showed me it then i would have to believe you..

well people have been saying all my life there is a god but not 1 person on this planet has showed me him yet ..nor has he showed him self to me.. Have you seen him MMH...
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:32:33 PM

if you were my friend and you said to me i have just won 1 million pounds..i would say oh yer right what ever..and i would not believe you..but if you showed me it then i would have to believe you..

well people have been saying all my life there is a god but not 1 person on this planet has showed me him yet ..nor has he showed him self to me.. Have you seen him MMH...

I've had experiences and knowledge showing me proof. But those with hardened hearts who disbelieve are not going to experience Him like that, they're being kept behind a veil that doesn't let the light in. There are so many things the bible has predicted, and so many anti-Christian (in particular) hatred movements that make me wonder why people can't see it's the Truth. There's no reason to be so anti-Christian if it was just another religion. Just IMHO.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:35:41 PM

Smiley

Thank You.

Smiley

Smiley

atheist
ˈeɪθɪɪst/Submit
noun

I'm not the one who came up with the definition.

From an atheist website: http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism?

"The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. "

Which means they don't believe in gods. Agnosticism is what you were describing, where you don't know if there is or isn't a god.
YOU CAN STILL GET THICK ATHEIST  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IF YOUR A CLEVER THINKER..you want proof..To see it with your own eyes..
evidence.. I AM A FREETHINKER IRRELIGIOUS PERSON..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:38:31 PM

I've had experiences and knowledge showing me proof. But those with hardened hearts who disbelieve are not going to experience Him like that, they're being kept behind a veil that doesn't let the light in. There are so many things the bible has predicted, and so many anti-Christian (in particular) hatred movements that make me wonder why people can't see it's the Truth. There's no reason to be so anti-Christian if it was just another religion. Just IMHO.
what have you experienced to make you believe in god ..Do tell..what did you see..
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:50:29 PM

what have you experienced to make you believe in god ..Do tell..what did you see..

I didn't say I "saw" anything. I've had experiences and knowledge. But as I said people who don't believe in God will not believe in anyone's personal experiences. They want "proof". You said it yourself. Proof to one person is not proof to another. And no matter what, science can't prove anything either because everything they know could be a program like in the matrix. The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:00:12 PM

I didn't say I "saw" anything. I've had experiences and knowledge. But as I said people who don't believe in God will not believe in anyone's personal experiences. They want "proof". You said it yourself. Proof to one person is not proof to another. And no matter what, science can't prove anything either because everything they know could be a program like in the matrix. The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.
what like a climax Cheesy thats not god Cheesy what did you experience then..
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:00:27 PM

and if it works pass me some so i can see him Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i need to ask him if england will ever win the world cup again Cheesy Cheesy

We need to start our own religion, and pass around the glue and pray for whatever god we want!

That's what thousands of people do every year.   Tongue

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:08:59 PM

About that evidence... I am still waiting for your reply to the 52 points of evidence that support life-after-death; it is an important starting point in our discussion. To be rational means that one can intelligently evaluate new ideas when presented. SO, are you a clever thinker? What is your evaluation of this evidence?

http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:24:31 PM

The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.

God's people DIE for lack of knowledge, but the truth can set us free. So, let us reason about the truth! I have doubts about this "savior" doctrine; I hope you can clarify.

MMH, won't you Please tell us:

1) where Emmanuel actually suggested he was my savior? *
2) how such a belief is not magical thinking?
3) how you can still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
5) Why must Man have interpreters and go-betweens, authorities other than self and "saviors" to take his burden and "save even his soul"? Is it because you think Man is separate from God and that God does not reside within you?
6) Since Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and even calling Jesus "Lord" is not enough; how can this possibly be reconciled with the doctrine of Paul which you promote?

* Since the ending of Mark was probably added a long time after the gospel was written and is not considered by scholars to be authentic, and this would include Mark 16:16, could you please take note of this fact in your answer to my question of "where did Emmanuel actually suggest he was my savior?"

I will post this link again for your education:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:59:03 PM

what like a climax Cheesy thats not god Cheesy what did you experience then..

Deliverance, evil spirits (demons), prayer working, getting out of "sleep paralysis" just by saying Jesus's name, etc. Nothing that would convince anyone else that God exists.

The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.

God's people DIE for lack of knowledge, but the truth can set us free. So, let us reason about the truth! I have doubts about this "savior" doctrine; I hope you can clarify.

MMH, won't you Please tell us:

1) where Emmanuel actually suggested he was my savior? *
2) how such a belief is not magical thinking?
3) how you can still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
5) Why must Man have interpreters and go-betweens, authorities other than self and "saviors" to take his burden and "save even his soul"? Is it because you think Man is separate from God and that God does not reside within you?
6) Since Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and even calling Jesus "Lord" is not enough; how can this possibly be reconciled with the doctrine of Paul which you promote?

* Since the ending of Mark was probably added a long time after the gospel was written and is not considered by scholars to be authentic, and this would include Mark 16:16, could you please take note of this fact in your answer to my question of "where did Emmanuel actually suggest he was my savior?"

I will post this link again for your education:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

You're the one who believes in the teachings of an "alien" right? I don't agree with that philosophy. I believe it was demonic, to get people to not be saved.

Everyone has full responsibility for what they choose to do or not, but they can either be a slave to their sin and continue to do it, even if they wanted to stop, or stop with the help of Jesus, because He frees us. Matthew only says those doing the will of the Father will get in, he doesn't say all who do the will of the Father will get in. I'm not going to debate that though, I know there's a line that talks about people later being judged by works, but those aren't the elect who get to live with Jesus for 1,000 years and they have to go through the wrath of God part, so it's really not preferable to go through all that and do good works and hope it works out, versus just believing that Jesus came to save us. But that's not a good reason to believe in God, so whatever. I'm not going to get into a long discussion with you. I don't believe you'll actually change your mind on this issue, so we have to agree to disagree as I did the last time I talked with you here.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 12:14:09 AM

After reading I feel most of the atheist dont hate religion itself but what put the off religion is the religious customs,rituals and laws that are associated with religion
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:18:56 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 12:52:45 AM by popcorn1

About that evidence... I am still waiting for your reply to the 52 points of evidence that support life-after-death; it is an important starting point in our discussion. To be rational means that one can intelligently evaluate new ideas when presented. SO, are you a clever thinker? What is your evaluation of this evidence?

http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html
Science demands verifiable evidence which can be reproduced again and again under experimental situations. Dr. Jim Whinnery, of the National Warfare Institute, thought he was simply studying the effects of G forces on fighter pilots. He had no idea he would revolutionize the field of consciousness studies by providing experimental proof that NDEs are real. The pilots were placed in huge centrifuges and spun at tremendous speeds. After they lost consciousness, after they went into seizures, after they lost all muscle tone, when the blood stopped flowing in their brains, only then would they suddenly have a return to conscious awareness. They had "dreamlets" as Dr. Whinnery calls them. These dreamlets are similar to near-death experiences and they often involved a sense of separation from the physical body. A typical dreamlet involved a pilot leaving his physical body and traveling to a sandy beach, where he looked directly up at the sun. The pilots would remark that death is very pleasant

i did answer your question..
I said it could be the brains way of making you comfortable before you die ..
just like when you have a bad accident you don.t feel nothing until 10 to 15 mins after then the pain comes..
like these pilots said death felt comfortable..a pain blocker could it be..
remember i am an NDE ..i will say the feeling was like going home.. WHY YOU ASK..i don.t know why i was just going home..A NEED TO GO HOME..
we are humans the brain acts the same way as other brains
like how we move our arms the brain tells the arm to move so it moves just like most brains..
so its no surprise to say that when we are dying the brain does the same process to make us feel comfortable before we die..just you might see your mum and i will see my mum if i am dying..
we all dream..you must of had a dream were its felt so real..or you have had a dream and its been so good you try go back asleep to go back into your dream..
well the same could go for death..A PAIN BLOCKER Wink Wink
But because i have had an NDE does not mean there is a god ..plus say there was an after life why would there still be a god..
would this not be just what happens to humans after they die..

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: