Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:10:55 AM

Whether you are an atheist or not, you are guilty as though you are an atheist. James 2:10 says so. According to the things you say about atheists, you should die, because you are guilty of being an atheist even if you are not one.

Smiley

How doing a sin is doing all of them?

Where do you find rationality in 1 is 613?

1 is 1.

613 is 613.

Best regards.

The rationality is that God says it through James 2:10.

If you don't want to believe all the Bible, then how will you believe any of it? You can't simply pick and choose the parts of the Bible that you are going to believe. Either you believe the Bible or you don't.

If you don't believe the Bible, then your whole faith in the Pope is a lie. Why? Because you are basing your faith in the Pope on what the Bible says about him, even if your understanding of it is wrong.

Smiley

It's what I have been telling you. Neither you nor your Pope are Christians. Why not? Because neither of you wants to obey the law of love of Jesus. Rather you would kill atheists. And you won't believe when James 2:10 tells you that all carnal and venial sins are the same in the sight of God... a breaking of the law, making you worthy of death.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:53:25 AM

If the Bible was a perfect book, it would have included the Book of Jasher; reading that book would have given the people knowledge about the banking system, but still that book was excluded deliberately. Since this knowledge was left out of the Bible, the American people were kept in the dark; they did not rise up to stop the embezzlement of the nation under the Federal Reserve Banks. We have all been misguided regarding banking truth; that is the saddest part of religion, that it has indoctrinated so many to believe in their happy slavery under the bankers. We were supposed to read the Bible like a little child; a child always asks "why?"; the churches have misled us and now we don't understand the banking system at all! This Bible is surely responsible for the spiritual decay of this nation, already one hundred years under the bankers' slavery system and hardly a pastor will talk about the banking system. Christians should read about what was left out of the Bible; only by knowing could we teach our fellow brothers about the truth that they may have missed.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:06:48 AM

If the Bible was a perfect book, it would have included the Book of Jasher; reading that book would have given the people knowledge about the banking system, but still that book was excluded deliberately. Since this knowledge was left out of the Bible, the American people were kept in the dark; they did not rise up to stop the embezzlement of the nation under the Federal Reserve Banks. We have all been misguided regarding banking truth; that is the saddest part of religion, that it has indoctrinated so many to believe in their happy slavery under the bankers. We were supposed to read the Bible like a little child; a child always asks "why?"; the churches have misled us and now we don't understand the banking system at all! This Bible is surely responsible for the spiritual decay of this nation, already one hundred years under the bankers' slavery system and hardly a pastor will talk about the banking system. Christians should read about what was left out of the Bible; only by knowing could we teach our fellow brothers about the truth that they may have missed.

But I bought the book of Jasher for reading through the power of the Holy Spirit leading me. Things have happened the way they were supposed to, and the Lord is increasing knowledge in these days.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 02:18:22 AM

Religion is boring, stupid, antiquated, deeply sexist, willfully ignorant, and cruel.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
1aguar

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:51:51 AM

... Christians should read about what was left out of the Bible; only by knowing could we teach our fellow brothers about the truth that they may have missed.

But I bought the book of Jasher for reading through the power of the Holy Spirit leading me. Things have happened the way they were supposed to, and the Lord is increasing knowledge in these days.
So you are saying that the Bible was re-written to finally read the way it was supposed to be read? I think that is very narrow thinking.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:05:39 AM

... Christians should read about what was left out of the Bible; only by knowing could we teach our fellow brothers about the truth that they may have missed.

So you are saying that the Bible was re-written to finally read the way it was supposed to be read? I think that is very narrow thinking.

I'm saying that the bible has curses for those who change it, and those who are supposed to know the truth will know the truth. We will know as much as we need to know. All you need to know to be saved is in the bible. If you're truly looking for truth, you will find it, even if it is from other locations (like the book of Enoch, Jasher, or Jubilees perhaps).

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
Djisamsoe

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:58:34 AM

Religion is boring, stupid, antiquated, deeply sexist, willfully ignorant, and cruel.

You forgot about joke and prank Smiley

and about Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - the best religion in the world!!!

Ramen Brothers and Sisters!
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 08:41:01 AM

If you're busy, lets just take the points one at a time.

You said:

I'm not shy: it's called fear of God.

Fear of God leads to Science.

Science is what we all are trying to achieve here.

I wrote in response:

Religion is the opposite of science. I don't know what you're referring to, but it's not science. Science requires one to be able to change one's mind if facts change. Dogmatic religions - by definition - can't do that.

To summarise: How do you make religion follow the scientific method?

By following the numbers.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:11:15 AM

You said:

I wrote in response:

Religion is the opposite of science. I don't know what you're referring to, but it's not science. Science requires one to be able to change one's mind if facts change. Dogmatic religions - by definition - can't do that.

Well no, that seems to be numerology, not science.

If you meant something different, you need to explain what you mean. For example, the science of biology is not "follow the DNA".

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:15:47 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 11:21:35 AM by BitNow

You said:

I wrote in response:

If you meant something different, you need to explain what you mean. For example, the science of biology is not "follow the DNA".

Precisely: every time I speak about technology I find an atheist putting me in a dead end.

I never arrive to the decision: how do you make religion follow the scientific method.

Best regards.

1 is 1.

613 is 613.

Best regards.

If you don't want to believe all the Bible, then how will you believe any of it? You can't simply pick and choose the parts of the Bible that you are going to believe. Either you believe the Bible or you don't.

If you don't believe the Bible, then your whole faith in the Pope is a lie. Why? Because you are basing your faith in the Pope on what the Bible says about him, even if your understanding of it is wrong.

Smiley

"Do not murder."
- Ex 20:13

Killing myself will be murdering.

Saying that doing a sin is doing them all is not rationality is a law said by James.

The laws are the laws of the LORD: they are 613 (summarised in the 10 Commandments in Christianity - source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments).

There is no law in the 613 made by God that says: "doing 1 sin is doing them all".

Jews people they still follow the 613 laws made by God in the old testament, they do not believe in the new testament: do you think you are better than the Jews because you have more laws to follow?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 11:28:47 AM

You said:

I wrote in response:

Precisely: every time I speak about technology I find an atheist putting me in a dead end.

I never arrive to the decision: how do you make religion follow the scientific method.

I see your problem. The answer is that it can't - religion can not be made to follow the scientific method without losing what makes it a religion.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:04:12 PM

You said:

I wrote in response:

Best regards.

1 is 1.

613 is 613.

Best regards.

Smiley

"Do not murder."

Saying that doing a sin is doing them all is not rationality is a law said by James.

The laws are the laws of the LORD: they are 613 (summarised in the 10 Commandments in Christianity - source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments).

There is no law in the 613 made by God that says: "doing 1 sin is doing them all".

Jews people they still follow the 613 laws made by God in the old testament, they do not believe in the new testament: do you think you are better than the Jews because you have more laws to follow?

Best regards.

If you don't accept James, how can you accept the Bible, of which James is a part? In such an instance, your idea of using Bible Law to condemn anyone is completely flawed.

James goes on to say in James 2:11-13:
For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!
In other words, if you are a law-breaker, you deserve punishment for being a law-breaker, no matter what law you broke. However, the law of mercy through the salvation provided by Jesus overcomes the judgment of the Law.

----------

Jesus said in Matthew 7:12:
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Note that showing mercy to the atheist just as you would have mercy shown to yourself, is what the Law and the Prophets of the Old testament are all about.

----------

Jesus says in Matthew 22:37-40:
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Again, all the Law and the Prophets of the Old Testament hang on the idea of love. Is it love to want to put atheists to death? Rather, isn't it love to get them to turn, and to start believing in God, so that they can be saved?

----------

Luke 16:16,17
“The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John [the Baptist, Ed.]. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
Even the Law gives way to the Gospel of salvation, rather than death. The Law will only disappear when the heavens and the earth pass away. Think of how strong the Gospel is that is even stronger than the Law!

----------

If you do not turn and believe what the Bible says, you are not only wrong, but you are also throwing your salvation away. This is the thing that happens to people who follow the Pope in a dedicated way. Why? Because the Pope is not of God.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:16:44 PM

You said:

I wrote in response:

Best regards.

1 is 1.

613 is 613.

Best regards.

Smiley

"Do not murder."

Best regards.

If you don't accept James, how can you accept the Bible, of which James is a part? In such an instance, your idea of using Bible Law to condemn anyone is completely flawed.

For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!
In other words, if you are a law-breaker, you deserve punishment for being a law-breaker, no matter what law you broke. However, the law of mercy through the salvation provided by Jesus overcomes the judgment of the Law.

----------

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Note that showing mercy to the atheist just as you would have mercy shown to yourself, is what the Law and the Prophets of the Old testament are all about.

----------

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Again, all the Law and the Prophets of the Old Testament hang on the idea of love. Is it love to want to put atheists to death? Rather, isn't it love to get them to turn, and to start believing in God, so that they can be saved?

----------

“The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John [the Baptist, Ed.]. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
Even the Law gives way to the Gospel of salvation, rather than death. The Law will only disappear when the heavens and the earth pass away. Think of how strong the Gospel is that is even stronger than the Law!

----------

If you do not turn and believe what the Bible says, you are not only wrong, but you are also throwing your salvation away. This is the thing that happens to people who follow the Pope in a dedicated way. Why? Because the Pope is not of God.

Smiley
The law has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus said that he came to fullfill the law, not to change it.
It had been fulfilled, there is nothing more we can do or not do about the law. Sort of a case dismissed in a courtroom.
Heaven and eternal life are achievied by Grace alone, no more law.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:22:05 PM

You said:

I wrote in response:

Best regards.

1 is 1.

613 is 613.

Best regards.

Smiley

"Do not murder."

Best regards.

----------

----------

----------

----------

Smiley
The law has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus said that he came to fullfill the law, not to change it.
It had been fulfilled, there is nothing more we can do or not do about the law. Sort of a case dismissed in a courtroom.
Heaven and eternal life are achievied by Grace alone, no more law.

Exactly! Another way of saying my point. We should not execute non-violent atheists simply because they are atheists. Rather, we should hold out eternal life to them. If they won't turn, God will judge them by throwing them into the Lake of Fire along with the devil and his angels, as the Revelation says.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:34:39 PM

Exactly! Another way of saying my point. We should not execute non-violent atheists simply because they are atheists. Rather, we should hold out eternal life to them. If they won't turn, God will judge them by throwing them into the Lake of Fire along with the devil and his angels, as the Revelation says.

Smiley

The only reason Jesus hasn't come back yet, is because they are waiting for more converts.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

As soon as there will be no converts repenting, I believe that is the moment He will return.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:43:47 PM

Smiley

The only reason Jesus hasn't come back yet, is because they are waiting for more converts.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

As soon as there will be no converts repenting, I believe that is the moment He will return.

Well, yes, but a second reason is that the prophesies may not all have been fulfilled yet. For example, not every tribe in the deep, dark jungles of the world have had a chance to hear the Word yet. True, this is giving the world a chance, as you said. But it is also fulfilling prophesy.

Jesus said in Matthew 24:14:
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:57:56 PM

Smiley

Well, yes, but a second reason is that the prophesies may not all have been fulfilled yet. For example, not every tribe in the deep, dark jungles of the world have had a chance to hear the Word yet. True, this is giving the world a chance, as you said. But it is also fulfilling prophesy.

Jesus said in Matthew 24:14:
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Smiley

When we get to the point that no one would be preached to anymore, then no one will convert. They go along with each other nicely. With the invention of the internet, I think we're probably at least in the high 90s percentage on that one already. There's no way to measure whether a person has been preached to. I think it includes those who feel close to the Holy Spirit, and make good choices too. It says all, but you know there will be babies taken who have never heard (understood at the least!) the gospel the way we think of it.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:18:23 PM

You forgot about joke and prank Smiley

and about Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - the best religion in the world!!!

Ramen Brothers and Sisters!

Ramen!
By the way. New studies shows that religious people are less generous than atheists
http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21677613-far-bolstering-generosity-religious-upbringing-diminishes-it-matthew-2239
No big surprise there.

1aguar

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:39:01 PM

Evolutionary explanations of the origin of religion utterly fail to explain the totality of religious experience and belief.

evidence from several disciplines indicates that what you actually believe is not a decision you make for yourself. Your fundamental beliefs are decided by much deeper levels of consciousness, and some may well be more or less set in stone.

This line of thought has led to some scientists claiming that "atheism is psychologically impossible because of the way humans think," says Graham Lawton, an avowed atheist himself, writing in the New Scientist. "They point to studies showing, for example, that even people who claim to be committed atheists tacitly hold religious beliefs, such as the existence of an immortal soul."

This shouldn't come as a surprise, since we are born believers, not atheists, scientists say. Humans are pattern-seekers from birth, with a belief in karma, or cosmic justice, as our default setting. "A slew of cognitive traits predisposes us to faith," writes Pascal Boyer in Nature, the science journal, adding that people "are only aware of some of their religious ideas".

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2014/08/evolutionary_st088461.html
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:48:56 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2015, 08:01:24 PM by Gimpeline

To be honest i don't believe in any immortal soul, Karma or Cosmic justice. I think That study is total BS. If you believe in any of those you are not an atheist
I would take it more seriously if they asked atheists and not agnostics
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: