Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:43:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901254 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 05:51:04 PM

Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldnt say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

All people have religion of a sort, because people need something to tell them the future is going to be okay. Atheism is a form of religion.

People put faith in religion because they need something to put faith in. Without faith in something, there would be no hope. If there were no hope, there would only be fear. Fear would result in suicide, and the human race would be gone.

Tooth Fairy and Santa are false religions. So is atheism, since Science, at least, has proven that God exists.

Children believe what they are told from birth. As they grow older, they start to question. Because they lack experience, their questioning often causes them to do things that hurt them. After the pain, they see how they should have listened to what they were told from birth. Their experience guides them next time.

Unfortunately, there is no next time experience after death. We need to learn the right religion in this life.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 05:58:56 PM

Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldn't say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

All people have religion of a sort, because people need something to tell them the future is going to be okay. Atheism is a form of religion.

People put faith in religion because they need something to put faith in. Without faith in something, there would be no hope. If there were no hope, there would only be fear. Fear would result in suicide, and the human race would be gone.

Tooth Fairy and Santa are false religions. So is atheism, since Science, at least, has proven that God exists.

Children believe what they are told from birth. As they grow older, they start to question. Because they lack experience, their questioning often causes them to do things that hurt them. After the pain, they see how they should have listened to what they were told from birth. Their experience guides them next time.

Unfortunately, there is no next time experience after death. We need to learn the right religion in this life.

Smiley

Im sorry but i disagree completely, I dont see atheism as a religion and in fact there are some religions that sound nice if they were true but a lot of them it sounds like this god chap is just a complete power mad lunatic (thats putting it polite so as not offend). I dont need hope that theres something in the next life, i have no fear and am in no way contemplating suicide.

tooth fairy and santa are false religions just like Greek mythology and every modern day religion that should also be listed under mythology, i would be interested to see the science that has proven god to exist as i have yet to see any evidence.

And even if i was religious theres a good chance i would pick the wrong one anyway.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:09:50 PM

Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldn't say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

Smiley

Im sorry but i disagree completely, I dont see atheism as a religion and in fact there are some religions that sound nice if they were true but a lot of them it sounds like this god chap is just a complete power mad lunatic (thats putting it polite so as not offend). I dont need hope that theres something in the next life, i have no fear and am in no way contemplating suicide.

tooth fairy and santa are false religions just like Greek mythology and every modern day religion that should also be listed under mythology, i would be interested to see the science that has proven god to exist as i have yet to see any evidence.

And even if i was religious theres a good chance i would pick the wrong one anyway.

I completely accept your choice for yourself. I uphold your freedom just as I would want you to uphold mine.

If you ever become interested in looking at the details of what I said and why I said it, dig into the meanings of word, including atheism and religion, in dictionaries and encyclopedias, and you will come away with a refreshed understanding.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:35:06 PM

I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

I already posted some links to some.

Just watch some of the videos, they're a bit long, but they discuss the scientific reasons why we are created beings rather than random.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg13261362#msg13261362
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:39:57 PM

I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

My god?

The evidence for the God over all, as I have often written, is found in combining these three things:
1. Newton's 3rd law, action and reaction (cause and effect);
2. complex universe, with focus on the brain and mind of mankind;
3. Simple entropy - not all the theoretical stuff about entropy.

Really though, there is a lot more that upholds what the above three things say.

Smiley

EDIT: Also, the link in the post directly above this one has excellent points in it.

legendster (OP)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:46:02 PM

It is as I explained. Two + 2 never equals 4 because there are no two that are exactly like any other two. However, for simple, life-living, practical purposes, 2 + 2 = 4 works well, even though it is flawed in its perfection. The further we get into precise math regarding the operations of the fundamentals of the universe, the further we get away from correct understanding about things.

Being dependent on math for the complex things of the univers will ultimately present a false picture of what the universe is all about.

Jesus is God. He knows each "1" for the individual value that it is.

Smiley

On one hand you say nothing is perfect and question the very fabric of reality (maths) yet on the other hand you promote a fictitious concept that is flawed in even it's most basic level (God) which is borderline hypocritically stupid, not you, the idea.

As such I must come to one conclusion that you sir are a troll.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
legendster (OP)

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:51:00 PM

I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

My god?

The evidence for the God over all, as I have often written, is found in combining these three things:

Really though, there is a lot more that upholds what the above three things say.

Smiley

EDIT: Also, the link in the post directly above this one has excellent points in it.

Focus on Mankind's brain? Even Mick Foley would find that hard to digest.

That's equivalent to claiming that the the Sahara exists for a single molecule inside of a particular single grain of sand.

You epitomize; either intentionally (probably) or otherwise, the hypocrisy of all things a religious man stands for and for that sir I love you, you continue to give atheism a new reason to hate 'all things religious'. Perhaps that is your purpose.

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:52:18 PM

It is as I explained. Two + 2 never equals 4 because there are no two that are exactly like any other two. However, for simple, life-living, practical purposes, 2 + 2 = 4 works well, even though it is flawed in its perfection. The further we get into precise math regarding the operations of the fundamentals of the universe, the further we get away from correct understanding about things.

Being dependent on math for the complex things of the univers will ultimately present a false picture of what the universe is all about.

Smiley

On one hand you say nothing is perfect and question the very fabric of reality (maths) yet on the other hand you promote a fictitious concept that is flawed in even it's most basic level (God) which is borderline hypocritically stupid, not you, the idea.

On one had you miss represent me. I am simply showing our inaccuracy in the ways we use math.

Next, you would rather keep people from recognizing the flawed math usage, so that people can continue to work in flawed ways.

Further, you keep on denying the existence of God right in the face of proof.

Troll isn't strong enough for you. You are more like liar and propagandist.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:54:33 PM

My god?

Smiley

Focus on Mankind's brain? Even Mick Foley would find that hard to digest.

That's equivalent to claiming that the the Sahara exists for a single molecule inside of a particular single grain of sand.

You epitomize; either intentionally (probably) or otherwise, the hypocrisy of all things a religious man stands for and for that sir I love you, you continue to give atheism a new reason to hate 'all things religious'. Perhaps that is your purpose.

See? There you go, miss representing the things that I said. You are Troll extraordinaire.

Reread it, folks.

Smiley

greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:38:51 PM

Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldnt say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

See I believe in my religion but I am not brainwashed because my religion teaches me to be polite , honest and be good and helpful to everyone so it's up to us how we take it because brainwashers are everywhere in the world and a smart person will understand that. By the way you are right I have some friends who are Atheist and they don't hate religion.
legendster (OP)

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:26:06 PM

Smiley

On one had you miss represent me. I am simply showing our inaccuracy in the ways we use math.

Next, you would rather keep people from recognizing the flawed math usage, so that people can continue to work in flawed ways.

Smiley

lol WHAT proof? Tell your GOD to clean my toilet maybe then I'll believe you LMAO.

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:42:57 PM

Smiley

Smiley

lol WHAT proof? Tell your GOD to clean my toilet maybe then I'll believe you LMAO.

Proof right here in this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg13289691#msg13289691.

However, you might not be smart enough to put it together.

Too, bad. We don't want to lose your soul in Hell. Eternity is such a long time that we need even you to talk to in Heaven, just to keep from going mad. But, your choice.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 09:44:58 PM

To be honest seeing us living in a simulation seems more logical to me than some almighty omnipresent being that has control over everything. the idea that we only have this one life to prove our worth for all eternity just doesnt seem like the kind of thing an all powerful being would do. god is a man made creation, he/it was written about by man, and has mans crazy obsession for power and acceptance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15IC3YKv8g

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:15:54 PM

Smiley

Sadly BADecker, here you are also wrong. If I want to know how many birds there are in a cage I don't need to know what kind they are, just that they are birds. It doesn't matter that they are not all the same bird, or even the same kind of bird.

Or if I have two stones and you give me two stones. I want to know "how many stones do I have", but you seem to want to know"How many stones do I have that are identical to the first stone?". In the first case the answer is "four", and in the second case the answer is "none".

The answers, of course, depend on which categories you want to count, and so your statement that "2 + 2 != 4" is incorrect and the rest of your argument can safely be ignored.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:03:03 AM

Smiley

Sadly BADecker, here you are also wrong. If I want to know how many birds there are in a cage I don't need to know what kind they are, just that they are birds. It doesn't matter that they are not all the same bird, or even the same kind of bird.

Or if I have two stones and you give me two stones. I want to know "how many stones do I have", but you seem to want to know"How many stones do I have that are identical to the first stone?". In the first case the answer is "four", and in the second case the answer is "none".

The answers, of course, depend on which categories you want to count, and so your statement that "2 + 2 != 4" is incorrect and the rest of your argument can safely be ignored.

Should I even do this?

Birds in a cage are symbols to you, even if you see them. The word bird is a symbol. In your mind, the idea of two birds, that is, 1 bird and another bird are never the same. They aren't even the same in your mind. There is always 1 bird and 1 bird. The lie is a mild one, but it is a lie just the same.

No matter how many stones are suggested to be identical, they never are. We apply the word "stone" to each one, or we apply the words 4 stones to the group, but even in our mind we recognize that the stones are each individual, and therefore there are not four, but one of each.

However, it is handy to live our life in our modern countries using the small lie of mathematics. In the long run, however, lies are a part of what allow us to live only a hundred years or so rather than 200 or more.

Smiley

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:59:43 AM

The WHAT??

"the small lie of mathematics."

Yeah, puny little mathematics.....

Trashing Maths to elevate your argument definitely won't work here.
BTT

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:02:00 AM

Because atheists are people without religion... They don't necessarily hate it, they just don't care about it.

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 02:08:35 AM

These religious threads are always an eye opener for me, after so many myths have been put to rest over the centuries people still cling to their religions. It's fascinating.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:11:28 AM

The WHAT??

"the small lie of mathematics."

Yeah, puny little mathematics.....

Trashing Maths to elevate your argument definitely won't work here.

Of course trashing math won't work. People would rather trash themselves by using math without understanding the major flaws in it. Trash people, not math.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: