Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:54:45 PM

Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.

There is no Science in atheism.
Science comes from Wisdom, and Wisdom come form the Fear of the Lord.

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord,
    and humility comes before honor.
"
- Pro 15:33

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

True that atheists don't have to be for science. They can be but don't have to. Atheism just means that a person doesn't believe in gods. The reason why they don't believe can be rational. Or not. But science or wisdom don't come from religion like your quote says. And if it does, only as a way to leave the irrational behind. People don't need to fear a god to use their knowledge and understanding.

Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

If atheism is only not believing in gods yes they can have faith. But do all atheists have faith? That is believe in things there is no proof for? No. There are all types of atheists.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:10:18 PM

Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

I agree with you, the thread title is an oxymoron, "Why do Atheists hate Religion ?" Any form of theism is a religion. There is no proof that the universe is not alive or infinite. Our brains are finite and interested in beginnings and ends while our minds are not. The metaphysical principles of our universe that are interoperable; like the Universal Principles of; the conservation of energy; synergy; procession; entropy; syntropy are all metaphysical and infinite.  

All generalised principles discovered by science are the relationships existing between things, but are not of the parts themselves. With these generalised principles the relationships can only be expressed mathematically. No exceptions have been found to the mathematics of the principals. - Buckminster Fuller

Our brains want us to personify infinity into something tangible, It's that weakness that religions use to prey on their followers. Most people don't realise it is possible that the universe could be alive and eternal without the need of religion. We all have the privilege of unique positions in time and space this affords you the privilege of an infinitely unique perspective of the universe. IMHO Don't sell yourself short, that perspective should grow with you throughout your life, Don't let psychopaths castrate your metaphysical mind.

If atheism is only not believing in gods yes they can have faith. But do all atheists have faith? That is believe in things there is no proof for? No. There are all types of atheists.

For the reasons posted above I prefer the position of Agnostic

Agnosticism, in fact, is not a creed, but a method, the essence of which lies in the rigorous application of a single principle. That principle is of great antiquity; it is as old as Socrates; as old as the writer who said, "Try all things, hold fast by that which is good" it is the foundation of the Reformation, which simply illustrated the axiom that every man should be able to give a reason for the faith that is in him; it is the great principle of Descartes; it is the fundamental axiom of modern science. Positively the principle may be expressed: In matters of the intellect, follow your reason as far as it will take you, without regard to any other consideration. And negatively: In matters of the intellect do not pretend that conclusions are certain which are not demonstrated or demonstrable. That I take to be the agnostic faith, which if a man keep whole and undefiled, he shall not be ashamed to look the universe in the face, whatever the future may have in store for him. - Thomas Huxley, who coined the term Agnosticism

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:19:51 PM

Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

ALL atheists have faith, even those that are complete vegetables for medical or disease reasons. Why? Simply because nobody knows anything about the future. We all have faith in our experiences that suggest that things are going to work out well today, just like they did yesterday.

If we knew anything about our future, there wouldn't be any car accidents, people would take precautions so that they wouldn't get sick or get broken bones, people would be a whole lot better at predicting the stock market, etc., and etc., and etc.

Think of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Many of those people were walking, with a foot in the air as they took their next step. They knew exactly where their foot was going to land. Then, mid stride, all that was left of them was a shadow on the pavement.

You don't know. You live by faith.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Tusk

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:33:44 PM

Do atheists have faith?

ALL atheists have faith, even those that are complete vegetables for medical or disease reasons. Why? Simply because nobody knows anything about the future. We all have faith in our experiences that suggest that things are going to work out well today, just like they did yesterday.

If we knew anything about our future, there wouldn't be any car accidents, people would take precautions so that they wouldn't get sick or get broken bones, people would be a whole lot better at predicting the stock market, etc., and etc., and etc.

Think of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Many of those people were walking, with a foot in the air as they took their next step. They knew exactly where their foot was going to land. Then, mid stride, all that was left of them was a shadow on the pavement.

Smiley

Smiley BD, I enjoyed that.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:42:19 PM

Do atheists have faith?

Smiley

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Some of the things that I post are quite radical. Some of them are probably incorrect. But I post them to get people to think. It would be a lot easier for me to do something else.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Tusk

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:47:18 PM

Do atheists have faith?

Smiley

Some of the things that I post are quite radical. Some of them are probably incorrect. But I post them to get people to think. It would be a lot easier for me to do something else.

Smiley

We are all born helpless and ignorant and will never know everything, if we stop learning we stop growing, anything that is not growing is dying. 

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:10:35 AM

Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.
YOU DUMB SHIT Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:10:58 AM

Do atheists have faith?

Smiley

Smiley

We are all born helpless and ignorant and will never know everything, if we stop learning we stop growing, anything that is not growing is dying. 
YOU DUMB SHIT
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:11:40 AM

Remember that atheists are like us, they are not people without faith.  Every human being on earth has faith; they just have faith in different beliefs.  An atheist may argue that they have no faith in matters like the existence of God or heaven and hell because nobody  can prove it to them. But they deny the reality that this is their faith.  They, too, cannot prove that God does not exist, nor can they prove that heaven and hell do not exist and that there is no afterlife. After beginning with logic, they then have to go on faith.  This is how humans are built reason and logic can get us to a point and then the rest is put on faith.  As Christian author and debater, Dinesh D’Souza, argued, the atheist who says there is no life after death and the believer who says there is are both making a leap of faith
because neither can be proven. “Faith” he argues,“is not a substitute for reason.  Faith only kicks in when reason comes to an end”, when
explanations eventually stop.
DUMB SHIT
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:13:32 AM

Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

I HAVE FAITH IN MY BET WINNING..So atheist can have faith..nothing to do with god tho.
learn a bit because badecker will switch your words Wink
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:14:37 AM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.
DUMB SHIT AND WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:15:15 AM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
DUMB SHIT
Tusk

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:40:46 AM

Do atheists have faith?

Smiley

Smiley

YOU DUMB SHIT

Hahaha, acknowledging oneself as ignorant is hardly dumb

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:50:41 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
DUMB SHIT

"DUMB SHIT"

DUMB SHIT

D S

DeckSperiment

Cheesy

strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:46:48 AM

Shouldnt you call it a catsperiment? oh englightened one? or have you forgotten your true calling from god?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
qWark

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:28:10 AM

Well I am an atheist and I don't hate on any religion.

The things I hate about religion is when people try and shove it into your face an try to force it onto you.

Let the world believe what they believe.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:20:53 PM

Shouldnt you call it a catsperiment? oh englightened one? or have you forgotten your true calling from god?

Now, now. Try not to be so unenlightened. Look up the Decksperiment username in Bitcointalk. Compare his writing to the way popcorn1 writes. Note, especially, the double periods at the end of sentences.

Decky may try to hide who he is by the way he writes, but comparison will show you who he is.

Smiley

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:48:57 AM

The things I hate about religion is when people try and shove it into your face an try to force it onto you.

BUMP!  +1
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:07:36 AM

BUMP!  +1

Yabut, consider. In the last half of the 1900s, the religion of evolution was a requirement in college/university for people who wanted to get into the medical profession. Yet, this religion (evolution) is proven to be just that, because it has so many holes in it regarding the origin of mankind, that those who believe it have, simply by their expressing of it, shown that it is a religion, and has little or no logic behind it. Yet it was forced onto these people back last century.

The universities and colleges have lightened up a bit. Evolution class is still required, but they don't preach it like it is gospel truth any longer. But you still have to take a course or two just to pass, if you want to become a doctor or nurse.

There is the atheist religion, shoving the evolution religion into the faces of all people who simply want to get into medicine.

Smiley

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:16:27 AM

Do atheists have faith?

Smiley

That's stretching the meaning of faith beyond reason. Pun intended. What you are talking about isn't religious faith. Which I believe was what he was talking about. Yes people don't know the future. So they have to make assumptions about how things will work. And they act based on that. But that isn't religious faith. If things don't work how people expect, people change their assumptions. Change what they have faith will happen. If you want to use that word. But you can't do that in religious faith. You have to believe in something against all evidence to the contrary. Or lack of evidence.
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: