Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:19:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
astrocity1981

Activity: 343
Merit: 254

From The New World

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:31:16 PM

+++ for using Tesla as an example that man was a true Genius and cared more about Science than money. Thomas Edison robbed him of his wealth and used other scientists as well. Tesla had thought of the death ray back on those days the guy was  awesome. ohh yeah topic at hand Atheists like Bill Mahr need to stop being condescending towards people of faith. I respect Bill on some of his political views but sometimes he is harsh on world religions.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:35:40 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

atheists dont hate any religion in this earth.. however all the religions hate atheists... this is paradoxial..

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:40:47 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

atheists dont hate any religion in this earth.. however all the religions hate atheists... this is paradoxial..
thats only partially true, there are undoubtedly fedora - tipping atheists (the stereotypical reddit kind) that are against all forms of religion and constantly try to dissuade the religious from their faith, ie antireligious. then we have the atheists that really dont give a fuck and are irreligious. however, the religious hate not just the atheists, but anyone and everyone whose ideas conflict or do not align with their own. that means atheists and others that do not follow their particular faith, and it may even include those that do not have the same interpretation of their faith or its teachings. the religious can be a hateful bunch. also, im fairly sure you dont know the meaning of the word 'paradoxical.' that's just how things are, its not a contradiction in any way.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:47:37 PM

thats only partially true, there are undoubtedly fedora - tipping atheists (the stereotypical reddit kind) that are against all forms of religion and constantly try to dissuade the religious from their faith, ie antireligious. then we have the atheists that really dont give a fuck and are irreligious. however, the religious hate not just the atheists, but anyone and everyone whose ideas conflict or do not align with their own. that means atheists and others that do not follow their particular faith, and it may even include those that do not have the same interpretation of their faith or its teachings. the religious can be a hateful bunch. also, im fairly sure you dont know the meaning of the word 'paradoxical.' that's just how things are, its not a contradiction in any way.

There is plenty of information that shows that atheism is a religion. The funny thing about it is, when you come to information that describes how atheism is NOT a religion, it says it in such a way that essentially proves atheism to be a religion.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:27:37 PM

Hate? You are the one cuts our throat?

Most atheists don't hate religion. Actually, they don't care.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:54:41 PM

Of course most atheists don't care. They are happy with their religion.   Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Most

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:23:45 AM

Atheists don't see themselfs as gods. 100% nonsense.

and atheists don' hate religion they just don't see the point of it.

Because religion is a form of control. To control people. To keep them in line.
Also to fear people. "don't do this or you will burn in hell".

It funny because god loves us all but he will let you burn in hell if you don't believe..
And altho god is allknowing he created us all so how come he created rapers and murderers??

god is a weirdo...
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:32:29 AM

Of course most atheists don't care. They are happy with their not caring about religion.   Smiley

FTFY

Smiley

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:35:21 AM

There is plenty of information that shows that atheism is a religion. The funny thing about it is, when you come to information that describes how atheism is NOT a religion, it says it in such a way that essentially proves atheism to be a religion.

Smiley

Interestingly, the only information that describes atheism as a religion is published by religionists. Atheists, OTOH, don't:

From https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

WHAT IS ATHEISM?

No one asks this question enough.

The reason no one asks this question a lot is because most people have preconceived ideas and notions about what an Atheist is and is not. Where these preconceived ideas come from varies, but they tend to evolve from theistic influences or other sources.

Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God." Some dictionaries even go so far as to define Atheism as "wickedness," "sinfulness," and other derogatory adjectives. Clearly, theistic influence taints dictionaries. People cannot trust these dictionaries to define atheism. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as "there is no God" betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read "there are no gods."

Why should atheists allow theists to define who atheists are? Do other minorities allow the majority to define their character, views, and opinions? No, they do not. So why does everyone expect atheists to lie down and accept the definition placed upon them by the world’s theists? Atheists will define themselves.

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. Two commonly used retorts to the nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If atheism is a religion then bald is a hair color, and 2) If atheism is a religion then health is a disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."

The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 06:24:13 AM

Religion:

Science:

Which of these seems more spiritually moving to you?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:20:34 AM

Science:

God created Earth, nebulas and all other beautiful things.
It makes me spiritually moved Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:21:52 AM

Science:

God didn't create god, therefore god is not beautiful?

ridery99

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:51:45 AM

Science:

God didn't create god, therefore god is not beautiful?

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth  Smiley
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:32:07 AM

Science:

Those two images are faker than reality TV. I hate to say it but atheists are a bunch of gullible morons being totally mind fucked by the high priests of science.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:05:12 AM

Religion:

Science:

Science comes from the Fear of the Lord.
"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord,
and humility comes before honor.
"
- Pro 15:33

Wisdom leads to Science.

There is no Science in atheism.

Best regards.

PS: this user was posting Satan's images in previous posts: beware him.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:26:41 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 09:58:41 AM by BADecker

Smiley

Interestingly, the only information that describes atheism as a religion is published by religionists. Atheists, OTOH, don't:

The point is the description. Of course the people who want it this way, or the people who want it that way, are often going to describe using descriptions that point in a direct that they want to describe in. The thing to do is to take the descriptions, break them down, and see what is accurate... if you are even interested.

The way that the various atheists act regarding their atheism is extremely similar to the way people of formal religions act regarding their religion. There are lots of atheists that hardly ever give their atheism a second thought. There are lots of people of the various formal religions that hardly ever give their religion a second thought. There are all kinds of atheists that have "heavy" dogma regarding their atheism, and they express it just the way they want it to be. We all know that there are people of formal religions that do similar with their religion.

If you consider Christianity to be a religion, you might consider that Islam is not when comparing the two. Yet the differences between Christianity and Islam are simply distinctions in religion. It is the same with atheism and Christianity and Islam. One of the distinctions that atheism has is that generally they don't consider their religion to be a religion. One of the distinctions that Christianity and atheism have is that they don't consider their religion a government, while Islam does.

The similarities between atheism and religion are so great that if atheism is not a religion, it is extremely close.

Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:02:20 AM

Smiley

The point is the description. Of course the people who want it this way, or the people who want it that way, are often going to describe using descriptions that point in a direct that they want to describe in. The thing to do is to take the descriptions, break them down, and see what is accurate... if you are even interested.

The way that the various atheists act regarding their atheism is extremely similar to the way people of formal religions act regarding their religion. There are lots of atheists that hardly ever give their atheism a second thought. There are lots of people of the various formal religions that hardly ever give their religion a second thought. There are all kinds of atheists that have "heavy" dogma regarding their atheism, and they express it just the way they want it to be. We all know that there are people of formal religions that do similar with their religion.

If you consider Christianity to be a religion, you might consider that Islam is not when comparing the two. Yet the differences between Christianity and Islam are simply distinctions in religion. It is the same with atheism and Christianity and Islam. One of the distinctions that atheism has is that generally they don't consider their religion to be a religion. One of the distinctions that Christianity and atheism have is that they don't consider their religion a government, while Islam does.

The similarities between atheism and religion are so great that if atheism is not a religion, it is extremely close.

Smiley

In that case, you consider any dogmatic personal interest to be a religion. Law must be religion for police and lawyers; medicine a religion for doctors; computers a religion for IT specialists. Doesn't that seem to be a bit extreme?

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:09:24 AM

In that case, you consider any dogmatic personal interest to be a religion. Law must be religion for police and lawyers; medicine a religion for doctors; computers a religion for IT specialists. Doesn't that seem to be a bit extreme?

A Religion is a sets of dogmas on Faith.

There is nothing extreme on a definition.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:23:14 AM

Best regards.

So you're also ok with calling anything of importance to you a 'religion'? That's not how most people think of a religion.

ridery99

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:40:48 AM

Best regards.

So you're also ok with calling anything of importance to you a 'religion'? That's not how most people think of a religion.

Atheists believe in evolution story and big bang creation which are key elements in atheism religion  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: