Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:50:19 PM

Why is belief/faith in a magic fairy required for religion?

If God were legit, why not provide a little evidence of it?  How hard could that be for a God?

Based on the available evidence, God either does not exist, or is a complete monster who is not worthy of our respect:
Stephen Fry Annihilates God

Here is a wonderful debate if you have the time:
The Catholic Church is a Force for Good in the World - Full Version
Spoiler: Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry annihilate the catholic church
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 10:57:25 PM

Atheism is a sin.

I said that you would think that questioning doctrine is a sin. I think your first quote makes it clear that you do,

I never said that.

How does your second quote relate to questioning doctrine?

I never said that.

Best regards.

Why then did you respond to my statement with those quotes? Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

Yes it is. You ask BitNow, I'll bet he/she says questioning doctrine is a sin.

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
- Pro 15:33

"By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life."
- Pro 22:4

Best regards.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Moloch

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:24:05 PM

Atheist don't hate religion, they just aren't buying whatever scam religion is selling...

You could say Antitheists hate religion, but even that would not necessarily be true.  Opposing something does not require you "hate" it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 11:25:27 PM

Why then did you respond to my statement with those quotes? Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I was not answering a question.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:05:59 AM

Atheist don't hate religion, they just aren't buying whatever scam religion is selling...

You could say Antitheists hate religion, but even that would not necessarily be true.  Opposing something does not require you "hate" it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

Well done.

I can no longer discuss this here, with the level of maliciousness & stupidity shown, but keep up the good work!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 12:17:35 AM

I was not answering a question.

Best regards.

Then why quote my question? You're not making sense.

If you want to address another forum member, it's best to start with something like @organofcorti, rather than making a cryptic and off-topic response to a post.

BTW, my post wasn't meant to offend you, although it clearly did. I honestly thought you would consider questioning doctrine a sin, and I apologise that it's not the case.

What sort of doctrine questioning do you think is ok?

Moloch

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:37:23 AM

Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I don't believe it says anywhere in the bible that questioning doctrine is a sin

Here is a quote implying quite the opposite:
Quote from: Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
The "more noble than average" Jews studied the scriptures in detail, questioning whether or not the accounts were accurate

Only a great fool believes things without questioning them...

Though, religion does seem to be a gullibility test of sorts
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 12:42:24 AM

Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I don't believe it says anywhere in the bible that questioning doctrine is a sin

Only a fool believes things without questioning them...

Thanks for the input, Christian doctrine is not something I know a lot about.

It's a shame BitNow didn't feel up to sharing his opinion on the matter, I'd really like to know his / her POV on the matter.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:11:10 PM

Only a fool believes things without questioning them...

Thanks for the input, Christian doctrine is not something I know a lot about.

It's a shame BitNow didn't feel up to sharing his opinion on the matter, I'd really like to know his / her POV on the matter.

In general, Christian doctrine has ONE main theme. This theme is that Jesus Christ, God's Son, gave up His life on the cross, to effect salvation for all people who believe in Him for salvation.

Since this life is only temporary, and since we are so weak that we can imagine doing way more than we can ever do, the second theme of Christian doctrine is peaceful "negotiations" with people to get them to be saved. This includes peaceful living among people, because violence is not something that helps to "negotiate" them into having faith in Jesus.

The third theme of Christian doctrine is, for those people who want to do it, that they go out and do the "negotiating" with others, formally, to help them find their faith in Jesus, so that they can be saved.

----------

Jesus is God along with His Father and the Holy Spirit. Being God, why didn't They simply save people without all the death-on-the-cross-stuff?

The death on the cross for Jesus was necessary. It shows us how greatly God loves us, that He would place us, one time, on a pedestal that made us equal in spirit and identity with Himself. The sacrifice shows this.

Now that we have been placed high in the Heavens with God like this, we have God-strength to make choices. The BIGGEST choice we make is whether or not we will remain in God-strength. There is one way to remain in God-strength. It is to accept the truth, that our strength comes from God, through Jesus and His work on the cross. God is truthful. If we don't accept this truth, we die.

----------

What is God-strength regarding life and death?

Life in Heaven with God will be forever. Thus, death will be forever for those who die. Since people have been given God-strength regarding this because of Jesus and the cross, and since it is the people who make the choice themselves by using the God-strength that they have, they only way that they can kill themselves (because they are like the eternal God regarding their soul and spirit), is that their death/dying will last forever.

----------

As painful as everlasting death/dying might be, the greater pain for those who destroy themselves will be missing out on God and Heaven for eternity.

----------

Why did God do this for us... give His Son to save us? Because He loved us.

Also, it is for His glory, which is for our glory, which is for His glory, which is for our glory... on and on and on, in Heaven, forever.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:19:59 PM

All current religions have a "one god" theme. They're monotheistic to be precisely.

Someone I know once said: "I hope there really is a hell, because as bad as it could be, at least it would be way better to just dissappear as the flame of a candle into nothingness".

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:36:06 PM

All current religions have a "one god" theme. They're monotheistic to be precisely.

Someone I know once said: "I hope there really is a hell, because as bad as it could be, at least it would be way better to just dissappear as the flame of a candle into nothingness".

We don't have God-strength complete in this life. This life is a test for us. It is the place of choosing. It is the Pergatory of the Roman Catholic Church, if you will.

If we die without Jesus salvation, we die the death of an eternal, all-powerful god that kills himself. It is a gut-wrenchingly painful, everlasting dying/death. Why? Because we have used God-strength to make a destruction of our god-self.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:39:42 PM

The death on the cross for Jesus was necessary. It shows us how greatly God loves us...

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made the rules... he didn't have to make it necessary if he didn't want to... why murder your own son?

God could have waved his magic wand and forgiven sin without any need for bloodshed... necessary? ha!

God sacrifices himself, to himself, to serve as a loophole for a rule he created himself... seems legit...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:47:35 PM

The death on the cross for Jesus was necessary. It shows us how greatly God loves us...

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made the rules... he didn't have to make it necessary if he didn't want to... why murder your own son?

God could have waved his magic wand and forgiven sin without any need for bloodshed... necessary? ha!

God made animals. Mostly, they cannot think. If they can think, the best of them can only reason in very limited ways. When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength, just like you wouldn't give your 10-y-o kid the keys to your Rolls and say, "Have at it, kid."

Make your choice. Take your pick. Move into Godness with God the way He did it, or move into self-destruction. You have no other choice, no matter how you much grumble about it.

Smiley

eon89

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:52:05 PM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made animals. Mostly, they cannot think. If they can think, the best of them can only reason in very limited ways. When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength, just like you wouldn't give your 10-y-o kid the keys to your Rolls and say, "Have at it, kid."

Make your choice. Take your pick. Move into Godness with God the way He did it, or move into self-destruction. You have no other choice, no matter how you much grumble about it.

Smiley

Why isn't God giving us "baby gods" his attributes? Is He afraid of us? Or would he become jealous? Or He just wants all that power for himself? because amongst His attributes there is infinite knowledge, wisdom and love. That shouldn't be a threat for Him would it?

Moloch

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:52:49 PM

When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength...

"Abilities of Godness"?  WTF are you smoking?  God doesn't grant you abilities... he doesn't even answer your prayers!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer

What makes you think that you either worship Santa/God or you are pure evil?  Where would you get that idea, and why would you ever believe it?

Atheists tend to be the most moral people in a society.  Take a look at Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc...  Take a look at the US prison population, 0.2% atheist... 99% Christian...

Atheists are the reason slavery is illegal, and gays can get married!  If Christians had their way, biblical law would prevail, and we would all be homophobic slave owners...

Have you even read the bible?
eon89

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:56:09 PM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God sacrifices himself, to himself, to serve as a loophole for a rule he created himself... seems legit...

Exactly. It is said that God knew everything from the beginning. Then why does he allow all this pain and suffering in the world? To prove a point?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:10:36 PM

Why isn't God giving us "baby gods" his attributes? Is He afraid of us? Or would he become jealous? Or He just wants all that power for himself? because amongst His attributes there is infinite knowledge, wisdom and love. That shouldn't be a threat for Him would it?

While we cannot at this stage in our development as Christians, answer this question entirely, part of the answer is in what I said in my previous post, above. You wouldn't hand the car keys to your Rolls over to your 10-y-o and say, "Have at it, kid."

Or, perhaps, YOU would! Who really knows in your case? God is a little wiser.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:21:41 PM

When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength...

"Abilities of Godness"?  WTF are you smoking?  God doesn't grant you abilities... he doesn't even answer your prayers!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer
How dumb can you get? We're talking about God here. Essentially everything that happens in your life is God answering your prayers, even if you aren't formally directing your prayers and requests towards God.

What makes you think that you either worship Santa/God or you are pure evil?  Where would you get that idea, and why would you ever believe it?
Wake up and see the marvels in this life. One of the most marvelous things is that we are complex as we are, and yet live to less than 100-y-o usually. Why would you be so silly tho think that your whole life is NOT a worship of God in some ways. He is getting out of us some of what He wants, whether we are on His side or against Him.

Atheists tend to be the most moral people in a society.  Take a look at Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc...  Take a look at the US prison population, 0.2% atheist... 99% Christian...

Atheists are the reason slavery is illegal, and gays can get married!  If Christians had their way, biblical law would prevail, and we would all be homophobic slave owners...

Have you even read the bible?

Atheists are the reason for some of the most brutal murders around, way more than Christians. Consider Stalin and his 30 to 100 million (we may never know for sure), Hitler and his 20 million (he wasn't Christian although he went to mass at times), and all the Southeast Asian atheistic communistic leaders who killed many millions of their own people.

If Bible were law, there would be peace among those who accepted it as law. Take a look. It's right in the Bible.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

Exactly. It is said that God knew everything from the beginning. Then why does he allow all this pain and suffering in the world? To prove a point?

God allows this pain and trouble because God is a giving us what we ask for.

However, God also sees that we don't really want the pain and trouble that we ask for. So, He has shortened our lives to usually less that 100 years, has prepared eternal Heaven in joy for all who recognize their mistakes and turn to Him, has prepared Hell for all those who are asking for pain and trouble forever, and when this world is done, will remove it from the memory of all the saved people forever.

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 04:53:05 PM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

You could ask the same question about 'the flood'...

If God knew he was going to kill 99.999% of the population... why create them in the first place?  Why not just start with Noah instead of Adam?  Why kill 99.999% of the population for being evil?...

God created them, knowing they were going to turn out evil... wtf?  Now he sent 99.999% of the planet to hell for no reason... why create any soul that is destined to hell?

That sounds mean to me, creating a soul that you plan to torture for eternity... why would a "God" do that?

This is the main problem with religion... none of the events make a bit of sense when you apply critical thinking skills...
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: