Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:39:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901249 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:11:47 PM

God made us to praise and worship Him.

Where did you get that idea?  It makes zero sense...

Just think about it... I know it's difficult, but try to put yourself in God's shoes for 2 seconds...

You are God... you are all-powerful... what do you do?  Create a universe for the sole purpose of having these little ants worship you?  Nope... that's not it...

Ok, no more playing God, you are back to yourself again... Would you create an ant-farm and try to convince them to worship you?  Would you be super happy if a few of them did worship you?  Does any of this make sense?

You have not thought about the glory of God deeply, what it is and how it works. You have not thought about what praise of God really is, or how (in the case of praising God) the praise raises the people doing the praising up towards the level of Godness.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:17:27 PM

God is just. He will punish wicked people according to the quantity and quality of their wickedness.
Says who?
God says it Himself in the bible.

God didn't write the bible, Christians stopped believing that ages ago (because some claims are provably incorrect in the bible)... so nowadays, it's only "divinely inspired, but written by men"

God is a Spirit. He doesn't pick up pen and paper, and write.

Rather, God infused the minds and spirits of certain people who believed in Him, with the words that He wanted written. Then they wrote as He directed.

Bible claims are not incorrect. Often the understanding of people is backwards enough that they don't understand the claims of the Bible correctly.

Just because a Christian doesn't understand everything in the Bible, doesn't make him a non-Christian. As long as he believes that Jesus has forgiven him for his mistakes, he is forgiven and saved.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:00:38 PM

Don't you like Wisdom and Science?

I love wisdom and science, which is why I oppose religion.  Faith is the antithesis of wisdom and science.

Religion requires belief without evidence, and without critical thinking...

Science promotes evidence based belief... and not just any evidence either, it must be 1) substantiated via experimentation, 2) repeatable and independently verified by multiple scientists, 3) withstand the scrutiny of the peer review process, 4) persist and stand the test of time

Religious beliefs/evidence do not do meet the criteria used by science

Why you put yourself in God's shoes?

Why not?  I like to assess a situation from all sides before making a decision for my soul...

Did you believe the first religion that came along? (I assume the religion of your parents as most people)
Do you know a single aspect of Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism besides 'they evil heathens'?
What if Christianity is wrong, and the Hindus chose the correct religion?

Have you even read the bible?  I have read the bible, and that is the main reason I am an atheist...  no God would ever write that book, or condone the behavior in it.

Why are you using this name?

I came across it playing a MUD on a BBS around 20 years ago, and it looked cool, so I started using it...
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 07:04:56 PM

Don't you like Wisdom and Science?

I love wisdom and science, which is why I oppose religion.  Religion is the antithesis of wisdom and science.

Religion requires belief without evidence, and without critical thinking...

Science promotes evidence based belief... and not just any evidence either, it must be 1) substantiated via experimentation, 2) repeatable and independently verified by multiple scientists, 3) withstand the scrutiny of the peer review process, 4) persist and stand the test of time

Religious beliefs/evidence do not do meet the criteria used by science

Why you put yourself in God's shoes?

Why not?  I like to assess a situation from all sides before making a decision for my soul...

Did you believe the first religion that came along? (I assume the religion of your parents as most people)
Do you know a single aspect of Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism besides 'they evil heathens'?
What if Christianity is wrong, and the Hindus chose the correct religion?

Have you even read the bible?  I have read the bible, and that is the main reason I am an atheist...  no God would ever write that book, or condone the behavior in it.

Why are you using this name?

I came across it playing a MUD on a BBS around 20 years ago, and it looked cool, so I started using it...

How do you reach Wisdom and Science without the Lord?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Moloch

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:07:09 PM

Without religion and "The Dark Ages", we would be 300+ years more advanced in terms of science and technology...  religion destroys science, murders scientists... religions burned the Library of Alexandria... not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES!
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 07:08:45 PM

Without religion and "The Dark Ages", we would be 300+ years more advanced in terms of science and technology...  religion destroys science, murders scientists... religions burned the Library of Alexandria... not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES!

Quoting myself:

Can you answer questions?

Best regards.

Do you believe the Molech?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Moloch

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:41:26 PM

If I believed in מלך, I would not be an Atheist, would I?

Why would you believe in the Christian God?  He's a murderer! He also commands his followers to murder nearly everyone...

According to the bible, God personally murders:
The world with a flood (20 million?)
Sodom and Gammorah (50k?)
The firstborn son of every Egyptian (100k?) (Exodus 11:5)
The Egyptian army (a lot of soldiers)
The Assyrians (185,000) (2 Kings 19:35)
Isrealites (500,000+) (Numbers 16:49, Numbers 25:9, Deuteronomy 2:14-16, 1 Samuel 6:19, 2 Samuel 24)
...and many more...

God orders the Israelites to murder:
All the men, women and children in 60 cities (60 cities?!?) (Deuteronomy 3:6)
The Midianites (Numbers 31:17)
Jericho (Joshua 6:21)
The Cananites (Judges 1:4)
The Moabites (Judges 3:28)
...and many more...

Satan murders:
Sarah (1)
Job's wife, children, and servants (a dozen?) (this was completely condoned by God)
...and that's the complete list...

According to the bible, Satan kills a baker's dozen, while God kills by the millions...
God orders the Israelites to murder by the hundreds of thousands, committing genocide over a dozen times!... completely wiping out civilizations!
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 07:42:54 PM

Why would you believe in the Christian God?  He's a murderer! He also commands his followers to murder nearly everyone...

Isrealites (500,000+) (Numbers 16:49, Numbers 25:9, Deuteronomy 2:14-16, 1 Samuel 6:19, 2 Samuel 24)
...and many more...

...and many more...

Satan murders:
Sarah (1)
Job's wife, children, and servants (a dozen?) (this was completely condoned by God)

You can answer questions: you proved that.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:56:40 AM

Why would you believe in the Christian God?  He's a murderer! He also commands his followers to murder nearly everyone...

...and many more...

...and many more...

Satan murders:
Sarah (1)

According to the bible, Satan kills a baker's dozen, while God kills by the millions...
God orders the Israelites to murder by the hundreds of thousands, committing genocide over a dozen times!... completely wiping out civilizations!

First of all, God isn't a murder. Why not? God owns everything. So, even if He takes life away, He was the One Who gave it in the first place. It is His by right, to do with as He pleases.

Second, God does not take life away where mankind has not thrown it away already. In fact, it is through Jesus God that mankind has life on earth the second time. The first time mankind threw it away through the sin of Adam and Eve. God forgave them, and granted life to them so that you and I and all the rest of the people can have life.

How many opportunities does God give? Many. Every time a person thwarts and attempts to thwart the laws that God has set in place, and the person does not immediately die from doing so, God has saved the person for another day, and given him/her some more chances.

In the Old Testament, when people of nations turned away from God and were destroyed by Israel or God Himself, the idea was to make Israel strong so that Jesus could come at the right time to do His saving work. Without the saving work of Jesus, those nations would have not existed in the first place, would not have had a chance to live, and would not have had the chance to be saved. Their destruction was a thing that they were asking for by their actions against God. He was simply giving them what they asked for, and preparing the Jesus-way so that they could have life in the first place.

The point of all this is the example for you and all people. Are we going to be like the nations God destroyed? Or are we going to be like the people He saves?

Notice that all people, both godly and ungodly, die. The whole idea has to do with the salvation to eternal life. The second thing it has to do with is the avoidance of eternal damnation.

Your chances may not be over yet. You may not be locked into unbelief yet. Turn while you have a chance, before you lock yourself into damnation through your death in this life. Once you die, you have no more chance to be saved, because you have no more ability to turn and believe in Jesus salvation.

Even if you happened to be right regarding your honor, that you would not follow a God who was a murderer. What does it matter? You are still stupidly clinging to your eternal damnation for the sake of honor? Is it worth it for what you consider to be honor? On top of it, is it worth it in light of the fact that it might not be honor at all, but that you might be mistaken about what is honorable?

God created all. God sustains all. Mankind causes his own death by rejecting God, the only Sustainer of life.

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:06:18 AM

First of all, God isn't a murder. Why not? God owns everything. So, even if He takes life away, He was the One Who gave it in the first place. It is His by right, to do with as He pleases.

So you condone murdering your own children for any reason?  How could you claim that to be moral?

How many opportunities does God give? Many. Every time a person thwarts and attempts to thwart the laws that God has set in place, and the person does not immediately die from doing so, God has saved the person for another day, and given him/her some more chances.

I would advise you to read the Exodus from Egypt...

Does God give Pharaoh many chances?  NO! You didn't actually read it did you?

According to scripture, Pharaoh was ready to let the Israelites go after Moses asked the first time, but "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" each time so he could send plague after plague at him... Eventually murdering the firstborn child of every Egyptian citizen, servant and animal

Basically God is punishing the Egyptians for a non-sin... because Pharaoh wanted to let them go, until God stopped him by hardening his heart...

wtf is that about?  God sounds like a real asshat in this story too...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:21:35 AM

So you condone murdering your own children for any reason?  How could you claim that to be moral?
Haven't we just been talking about the illegality of murder? Why do you ask such silly things? Even though my children are mine and my wife's as property, they are God's, as well, because He gives the kids their spirit.

How long will you continue to twist understanding all out of shape?

I would advise you to read the Exodus from Egypt...

Does God give Pharaoh many chances?  NO! You didn't actually read it did you?

According to scripture, Pharaoh was ready to let the Israelites go after Moses asked the first time, but "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" each time so he could send plague after plague at him... Eventually killing the firstborn child of every Egyptian citizen, servant and animal

Basically God is punishing the Egyptians for a non-sin... because Pharaoh wanted to let them go, until God stopped him by hardening his heart...

wtf is that about?  God sounds like a real asshat in this story...

There God goes again. He hardens your heart. Why? Because you essentially asked Him to, simply by your thinking and actions. You saw where it got Pharaoh. But you keep right on asking for God to do it to you, just like Pharaoh did.

You should feel relieved that God isn't trying to set up a nation of Israel next to you. He just might have to rain some plagues down on you to show His glory to His people Israel. If that happened, you might forget all the many previous chances God gave you, simply because of the pain of the plagues. Rather, God is merciful towards you, calling to you, a lost (almost lost?) child, hoping for your salvation before it is too late for you.

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:26:45 AM

Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I was once a Christian...

Reminds me of a story:

On my Sunday afternoon bike ride I always pass by this small farm. One week I noticed a big sign by the gate: "Christian puppies for sale." It was still there the next week...

Two weeks later there was a new big sign: "Atheist puppies for sale."

That made me curious, so I turned in and rode up to the farm house. Saw the farmer by the barn, rolled over, and introduced myself. I told him I had seen the "Christian puppies" sign two weeks earlier, and I was wondering what the deal was.

"I got puppies for sale."

"So I gathered. Did you get a new litter this week?"

"Nope. Same puppies"

"So, why were they Christian puppies for the last two weeks, but now they are Atheist puppies?"

"They opened their eyes"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:32:02 AM

Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I was once a Christian...

Reminds me of a story:

On my Sunday afternoon bike ride I always pass by this small farm. One week I noticed a big sign by the gate: "Christian puppies for sale." It was still there the next week...

Two weeks later there was a new big sign: "Atheist puppies for sale."

That made me curious, so I turned in and rode up to the farm house. Saw the farmer by the barn, rolled over, and introduced myself. I told him I had seen the "Christian puppies" sign two weeks earlier, and I was wondering what the deal was.

"I got puppies for sale."

"So I gathered. Did you get a new litter this week?"

"Nope. Same puppies"

"So, why were they Christian puppies for the last two weeks, but now they are Atheist puppies?"

"They opened their eyes"

Too bad the farmer hadn't opened his eyes.    Smiley

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:40:22 AM

Well, rather convenient isn't it?
I don't like the idea of being owned by a God or whatever  Angry

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:52:04 AM

I don't like the idea of being owned by a God or whatever  Angry

I think this is somewhat the thing we are talking about.

God made everything. He maintains everything, even your life, and all the good opportunities and pleasures you have... as well as the troubles, but He makes those bearable for you.

There is no way that any of us could maintain ourselves if we divorced ourselves from God. Without God, we would not have life.

Why are you so against God, since you yourself are a gift from Him to you? Doesn't seem to make sense for anyone to be against God.

Smiley

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:58:09 AM

God made everything. He maintains everything, even your life, and all the good opportunities and pleasures you have... as well as the troubles, but He makes those bearable for you.

There is no way that any of us could maintain ourselves if we divorced ourselves from God. Without God, we would not have life.

Why are you so against God, since you yourself are a gift from Him to you? Doesn't seem to make sense for anyone to be against God.

Smiley

Well, why being for him? What did he do for me? He has no influence in our daily life no?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:06:43 AM

Murder is purposely killing a person. Whether or not you own that person is not in the definition - the only important thing is whether or not the murder was "lawful".

If God exists and is omnipotent, or even only omniscient, it will obey no human laws and so if this God kills a person in a way that is not allowed by the laws of a particular nation, it does so unlawfully. It doesn't matter that you think this God's law should have primacy.

Given the above (God exists, God is at least omniscient) then if a person's death results from this God's actions in a way considered unlawful by a given nation, then that God has committed a  murder in that nation.

Interestingly this means that God cannot commit murder in countries that have religious laws since I'm fairly certain they would by definition  exempt their God from any crime.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:17:26 AM

Smiley

Well, why being for him? What did he do for me? He has no influence in our daily life no?

He made you. He gave you your spirit. He maintains everything so that you can go on living. He maintains your daily life. He offers you salvation to eternal life through faith in His Son Jesus.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:34:08 AM

Murder is purposely killing a person. Whether or not you own that person is not in the definition - the only important thing is whether or not the murder was "lawful".
God can't be left out of any of the picture. The whole operation of people dying is something that happens in the process of God maintaining every little thing in the universe. His maintenance of everything includes giving us death when we ask for it. This isn't the same as simple murder. Things are completely different from the God-standpoint than the man-standpoint.

If God exists and is omnipotent, or even only omniscient, it will obey no human laws and so if this God kills a person in a way that is not allowed by the laws of a particular nation, it does so unlawfully. It doesn't matter that you think this God's law should have primacy.
God's law is to not murder. The laws of nations come about because people are basing their laws on what God has set in place... although often people mess God's perfect laws up when they don't consult Him first.

Given the above (God exists, God is at least omniscient) then if a person's death results from this God's actions in a way considered unlawful by a given nation, then that God has committed a  murder in that nation.
Quite the contrary. God is maintaining life. It is mankind who has brought death upon himself. However, since God controls everything, it is His doing that exercises mans' request for death, be that request by voice or by action.

Interestingly this means that God cannot commit murder in countries that have religious laws since I'm fairly certain they would by definition  exempt their God from any crime.

Here is where you fail in your thinking. God has prepared a day of resurrection for all people, where He will bring us all back to life. At that time, he will separate the righteous from the unrighteous. The righteous are those who have believed in God for the salvation offered through His Son, Jesus. The unrighteous are those who have not believed God, or have sought salvation by some other method than Jesus even though they might have believed God exists.

You have a chance, now, by reading this writing. Come to faith in Jesus God before you lock yourself into unbelief by dying without faith. after all, once you are dead, you can't change anything about your situation.

Smiley

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:51:19 AM

Smiley

He made you. He gave you your spirit. He maintains everything so that you can go on living. He maintains your daily life. He offers you salvation to eternal life through faith in His Son Jesus.

Smiley

What does he do in my daily life? Never seen anything your god did for me... Is he responsible for anything happening in my life?

Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: