Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:55:35 AM

First of all, God isn't a murder. Why not? God owns everything. So, even if He takes life away, He was the One Who gave it in the first place. It is His by right, to do with as He pleases.

Well, rather convenient isn't it?
I don't like the idea of being owned by a God or whatever  Angry

I think this is somewhat the thing we are talking about.

God made everything. He maintains everything, even your life, and all the good opportunities and pleasures you have... as well as the troubles, but He makes those bearable for you.

There is no way that any of us could maintain ourselves if we divorced ourselves from God. Without God, we would not have life.

Why are you so against God, since you yourself are a gift from Him to you? Doesn't seem to make sense for anyone to be against God.

Smiley

Well, why being for him? What did he do for me? He has no influence in our daily life no?

He made you. He gave you your spirit. He maintains everything so that you can go on living. He maintains your daily life. He offers you salvation to eternal life through faith in His Son Jesus.

Smiley

What does he do in my daily life? Never seen anything your god did for me... Is he responsible for anything happening in my life?

What? You can't see? I'm sorry.

Can you feel? You know, can your fingers feel the keyboard? Or do you dictate and someone else does the typing for you?

If you dictate, you can speak, right? And you probably can hear if you know how to speak, right.

God gave you all of this and maintains it in ways that you don't know how to. And it is the same for everyone else.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:56:37 AM

Religions, the plague of the 21st century  Angry

and the 20th, and the 19th, and the 18th...

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:04:30 AM

First of all, God isn't a murder. Why not? God owns everything. So, even if He takes life away, He was the One Who gave it in the first place. It is His by right, to do with as He pleases.

God made everything. He maintains everything, even your life, and all the good opportunities and pleasures you have... as well as the troubles, but He makes those bearable for you.

There is no way that any of us could maintain ourselves if we divorced ourselves from God. Without God, we would not have life.

Why are you so against God, since you yourself are a gift from Him to you? Doesn't seem to make sense for anyone to be against God.

Smiley

Well, why being for him? What did he do for me? He has no influence in our daily life no?

He made you. He gave you your spirit. He maintains everything so that you can go on living. He maintains your daily life. He offers you salvation to eternal life through faith in His Son Jesus.

Smiley

What does he do in my daily life? Never seen anything your god did for me... Is he responsible for anything happening in my life?

Can you feel? You know, can your fingers feel the keyboard? Or do you dictate and someone else does the typing for you?

If you dictate, you can speak, right? And you probably can hear if you know how to speak, right.

God gave you all of this and maintains it in ways that you don't know how to. And it is the same for everyone else.

Smiley

This has nothing to do with your god.

It's only a question of biology and evolution... You claim your god is behind the evolution process?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:27:07 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

It's only a question of biology and evolution... You claim your god is behind the evolution process?

Evolution!?  Now, there's a joke. All the proven things that are called "evolution," can also be demonstrated to be "programming." Presently, there isn't enough evolution fact around that shows how anything could have developed from scratch by evolution. And if somebody DID happen to show an evolution process that had no holes in it, so that it was absolutely possible for something to have come about by evolution, there is STILL no way to prove that this is what really DID happen.

Furthermore, nowhere in the universe have we found anything that is greater being produced by something that is lesser. There is much scientific speculation about this. But it is not seen anywhere. In fact the opposite is the only thing that we see.

Everything has to do with my God... the God of creation.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:13:02 PM

You can't reach Wisdom and Science without the Lord.

You are talking but your words are empty.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:35:37 PM

Murder is purposely killing a person. Whether or not you own that person is not in the definition - the only important thing is whether or not the murder was "lawful".

God can't be left out of any of the picture. The whole operation of people dying is something that happens in the process of God maintaining every little thing in the universe. His maintenance of everything includes giving us death when we ask for it. This isn't the same as simple murder. Things are completely different from the God-standpoint than the man-standpoint.

That's special pleading. Either God follows man's laws or does not. If you say that logic can take a break where God is concerned, then one can not have a logical discussion with you about God.

If God exists and is omnipotent, or even only omniscient, it will obey no human laws and so if this God kills a person in a way that is not allowed by the laws of a particular nation, it does so unlawfully. It doesn't matter that you think this God's law should have primacy.

God's law is to not murder. The laws of nations come about because people are basing their laws on what God has set in place... although often people mess God's perfect laws up when they don't consult Him first.

Regardless of how just a nation's laws are, by definition they are what tell us what are "lawful" and "unlawful" killings. If a person is killed by a god unlawfully -- by the laws of the nation in which the killing took place -- then that killing is murder. It doesn't matter who performed it, it is a matter of legal definition not morality.

Given the above (God exists, God is at least omniscient) then if a person's death results from this God's actions in a way considered unlawful by a given nation, then that God has committed a  murder in that nation.

Quite the contrary. God is maintaining life. It is mankind who has brought death upon himself. However, since God controls everything, it is His doing that exercises mans' request for death, be that request by voice or by action.

It doesn't matter if the person God kills has prayed (by voice) or signed (by action) or otherwise requested death or not. Assisted suicide is still illegal in many countries, and in those countries any entity assisting another to suicide is committing a felony, possibly even murder (unlawful killing).

Interestingly this means that God cannot commit murder in countries that have religious laws since I'm fairly certain they would by definition  exempt their God from any crime.

Here is where you fail in your thinking. God has prepared a day of resurrection for all people, where He will bring us all back to life. At that time, he will separate the righteous from the unrighteous. The righteous are those who have believed in God for the salvation offered through His Son, Jesus. The unrighteous are those who have not believed God, or have sought salvation by some other method than Jesus even though they might have believed God exists.

Your statement is not a response to mine. In summary, I wrote:

"In countries with religious law, God cannot break the law and cannot commit murder"

In response you wrote:

"This is wrong, because God will resurrect everyone"

How does that relate to law breaking in countries with religious law?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:05:24 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Evolution!?  Now, there's a joke. All the proven things that are called "evolution," can also be demonstrated to be "programming." Presently, there isn't enough evolution fact around that shows how anything could have developed from scratch by evolution. And if somebody DID happen to show an evolution process that had no holes in it, so that it was absolutely possible for something to have come about by evolution, there is STILL no way to prove that this is what really DID happen.

Furthermore, nowhere in the universe have we found anything that is greater being produced by something that is lesser. There is much scientific speculation about this. But it is not seen anywhere. In fact the opposite is the only thing that we see.

Smiley

So you're denying the idea of evolution?

Well I understand better xD
Evolution is not just a "theory". It has been proven through Darwin's experiments then verified by multiple different scientists. It's through the evolution principles are the base of multiple scientific progresses.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:46:36 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 05:57:25 PM by BADecker

Evolution!?  Now, there's a joke. All the proven things that are called "evolution," can also be demonstrated to be "programming." Presently, there isn't enough evolution fact around that shows how anything could have developed from scratch by evolution. And if somebody DID happen to show an evolution process that had no holes in it, so that it was absolutely possible for something to have come about by evolution, there is STILL no way to prove that this is what really DID happen.

Smiley

Evolution is not just a "theory". It has been proven through Darwin's experiments then verified by multiple different scientists. It's through the evolution principles are the base of multiple scientific progresses.

How can I be denying the idea of evolution when I am talking about it? As usual, you are not thinking clearly. The idea of evolution makes for fun thinking and stimulation. Think of all the science fiction stories that would never have existed if the idea of evolution was not around. Besides, it's in the textbooks. I'd have to have been a hermit on mountain all my life to deny the idea.

The term "evolution" has come to mean many things to many people. Some of these might be truth. But many of them are not. Because of this, when you say that evolution has been proven, you are wrong, except that you explain the particular definitions and applications of the term "evolution" where it might happen to be exist factually. Darwin's experiments never came close to proving evolution. Even Darwin, himself, doubted his own work. Read the things that he says.

"Evolution" as a principle where more complex life comes about from less complex life is completely flawed. Such a thing doesn't happen in nature that anybody has been able to find. When a scientist creates evolution under laboratory conditions, it is complex life (the scientist) making less complex material to become more complex material.

The evolution principle that over time one species of creature becomes a different species is completely flawed. There aren't any missing links that can be proven such in the fossil record. People may theorize. People may hope. But in the end, there is no proof.

The evolution principle that inorganic material became life is completely flawed. Not only is there no evidence of such happening, we complex humans can't even make it happen in the laboratory.

So, what is your definition or application that is termed "evolution" that actually works?

Smiley

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:54:45 PM

Evolution is a fact:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fact_and_theory#Fact

biologist Richard Lenski says, "Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change."

Evolution has been verified by multiple branches of science...

The fossil record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The genetic record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The gestation record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The medical record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet. (deprecated organ systems like tonsils)

Evolution has been proven under laboratory tests and conditions:
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/scientists-watch-wasps-diverge-become-separate-species

What more do you want?!?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 05:57:14 PM

Evolution is a fact:

biologist Richard Lenski says, "Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change."

The fossil record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The genetic record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The gestation record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/scientists-watch-wasps-diverge-become-separate-species

What more do you want?!?

How can you talk about something (Science) if you don't know it?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Moloch

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 05:59:39 PM

Once again, Science and Religion are polar opposites... religion has NOTHING to do with science... religion murders scientists, burns their books and libraries... religion HATES science... what don't you understand here?

Religion pushes for non-truths to be taught in schools (intelligent design, etc)

Religion denies the fact of Evolution...

Religion is bigotry at its finest!...  Religion condones slavery, homophobia, murdering your own children, etc

Religion HATES Science, facts, and reality!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:03:46 PM

Evolution is a fact:

The medical record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet. (deprecated organ systems like tonsils)

What more do you want?!?

Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.

None of the so-called evolution listings you listed is any more that pre-programming. It has been suggested to be evolution. The word "evolution" may have been changed in meaning to cover the pre-programming. But it isn't evolution in the sense that there is spontaneous random happenstance. Spontaneous randomness is completely against the fundamentals of all science.

Wasps changing, if it happens to be the truth, is pre-programming written in the DNA.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:06:14 PM

Evolution is a fact:

What more do you want?!?

None of the so-called evolution listings you listed is any more that pre-programming. It has been suggested to be evolution. The word "evolution" may have been changed in meaning to cover the pre-programming. But it isn't evolution in the sense that there is spontaneous random happenstance. Spontaneous randomness is completely against the fundamentals of all science.

Wasps changing, if it happens to be the truth, is pre-programming written in the DNA.

Smiley

Btw, scientific understanding includes science theory. Theory is not fact. If it were, it would not be theory. Because of this, theory must be considered to be fictional until it is proven to be fact. The point is, scientific understanding is partially fiction. Thus, science is science fiction.

Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 06:42:05 PM

Once again, Science and Religion are polar opposites... religion has NOTHING to do with science... religion murders scientists, burns their books and libraries... religion HATES science... what don't you understand here?

Religion pushes for non-truths to be taught in schools (intelligent design, etc)

Religion denies the fact of Evolution...

Religion is bigotry at its finest!...  Religion condones slavery, homophobia, murdering your own children, etc

Religion HATES Science, facts, and reality!

Science comes from Wisdom which comes from the Fear of the Lord.

How do you understand Science without Wisdom?

What religion are you talking about?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Moloch

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:52:32 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 07:04:09 PM by Moloch

Evolution is a fact:

What more do you want?!?

Smiley

Btw, scientific understanding includes science theory. Theory is not fact. If it were, it would not be theory. Because of this, theory must be considered to be fictional until it is proven to be fact. The point is, scientific understanding is partially fiction. Thus, science is science fiction.

Smiley

You clearly did not read the Wikipedia link you quoted... try reading a bit and you might understand...

You also do not understand that in science, a "Theory" is the best it gets... if evolution is a theory, that means it has been demonstrated to be true by multiple sources, survived peer review for 300 years, and is still valid and accepted today... evolution is not a hypothesis, its a full blown accepted and demonstrated theory, supported by facts and evidence, encompassing multiple branches of science

God is a hypothesis, with no verifiable evidence to support the claim... see the difference?

Also, read the bible... there is no faster path to becoming an Atheist than reading the bible... Seriously... read your damn book and you will see...
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:09:11 PM

Evolution!?  Now, there's a joke. All the proven things that are called "evolution," can also be demonstrated to be "programming." Presently, there isn't enough evolution fact around that shows how anything could have developed from scratch by evolution. And if somebody DID happen to show an evolution process that had no holes in it, so that it was absolutely possible for something to have come about by evolution, there is STILL no way to prove that this is what really DID happen.

Smiley

How can I be denying the idea of evolution when I am talking about it? As usual, you are not thinking clearly. The idea of evolution makes for fun thinking and stimulation. Think of all the science fiction stories that would never have existed if the idea of evolution was not around. Besides, it's in the textbooks. I'd have to have been a hermit on mountain all my life to deny the idea.

The term "evolution" has come to mean many things to many people. Some of these might be truth. But many of them are not. Because of this, when you say that evolution has been proven, you are wrong, except that you explain the particular definitions and applications of the term "evolution" where it might happen to be exist factually. Darwin's experiments never came close to proving evolution. Even Darwin, himself, doubted his own work. Read the things that he says.

"Evolution" as a principle where more complex life comes about from less complex life is completely flawed. Such a thing doesn't happen in nature that anybody has been able to find. When a scientist creates evolution under laboratory conditions, it is complex life (the scientist) making less complex material to become more complex material.

The evolution principle that over time one species of creature becomes a different species is completely flawed. There aren't any missing links that can be proven such in the fossil record. People may theorize. People may hope. But in the end, there is no proof.

The evolution principle that inorganic material became life is completely flawed. Not only is there no evidence of such happening, we complex humans can't even make it happen in the laboratory.

So, what is your definition or application that is termed "evolution" that actually works?

Smiley

Well... I don't know if you ever tried to read anything about evolution... Seems to me you didn't. Otherwise you would know that evolution is largely proven, that we managed to list each and every species in a precise evolution order and that everythin matches with such perfection that it would be incredible that this theory is flawed as you say.

But that means you believe humans were created the way they are now? So that we didn't evolve from a common ancestor with great apes? And when was the humanity created?

Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:37:08 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Well... I don't know if you ever tried to read anything about evolution... Seems to me you didn't. Otherwise you would know that evolution is largely proven, that we managed to list each and every species in a precise evolution order and that everythin matches with such perfection that it would be incredible that this theory is flawed as you say.

But that means you believe humans were created the way they are now? So that we didn't evolve from a common ancestor with great apes? And when was the humanity created?

BadDecker is probably the best evidence they have against evolution. His brain is still in the stone age.
Without evolution we would not need to develop new medicines. Viruses and bacteria would always stay the same and would work every single time.
Some less educated call it micro evolution to get away with it since they think the world is only 5-6000 year. Their little brains can't imagine what little changes might do over millions of years like the age of the earth really is
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:12:50 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Not only that, but I even read "Planet of the Apes" book, saw the movie, saw a couple of the sequels, and read the some of the papers on evolution. Actual papers on evolution only suggest that evolution might be fact. Much media says it is fact. Have you seen it in "Enquirer?"

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:14:56 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 09:23:22 PM by Moloch

Not only that, but I even read "Planet of the Apes" book, saw the movie, saw a couple of the sequels, and read the some of the papers on evolution. Actual papers on evolution only suggest that evolution might be fact. Much media says it is fact. Have you seen it in "Enquirer?"

Watching you argue about the fact of evolution is like watching a Christian try to argue that the bible is historically accurate...

Wherever you got your "facts", they are 100% wrong...

Do you think its a conspiracy that 99.9% of scientists accept evolution as a fact?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/creationism-america-survey_n_5434107.html
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:19:21 PM

Watching you argue about fact of evolution is like watching a Christian try to argue that the bible is historically accurate...

Wherever you got your "facts", they are 100% wrong...

Do you think its a conspiracy that 99% of scientists believe evolution is a fact?

So, what conspiracy are you promoting when you suggest that 99% of the scientists believe evolution is a fact?

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: