Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:33:35 PM

Okay - show us proof. And don't start again with you little list about entropy and cause and effect. (Yes - I read before commenting here) Something we can observe and demonstrate.

My little list is the proof. If it wasn't, you could rebut it.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:23:05 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 05:54:57 PM by Moloch

Now you are just trolling...

We've been over this theory vs hypothesis = fact vs guess a dozen times already... if you don't understand it, you never will

Your response is the example of a troll's response. Why? All you do is say that I am trolling, but you don't give a logical explanation of of why something I say is trolling.

The real proof that yo are the troll is, I show you the proof that God exists, and you can't show where I am scientifically wrong in the proof. All that is left for you is to troll, since you don't like the "God" idea, but can't refute it.

I gave a logical response... you keep denying reality... you keep saying that a scientific theory is just a guess, and not based in fact... which is a false statement

I provided links to sources the first dozen times I refuted your claim... shall we go for #13?

Science theory is science fiction until it is proven to be fact. The science method doesn't have anything to do with believing science theory fiction to be truth when it is not known to be truth.

...believing the fictions of science theory anyway.

You simply do not understand the terminology of science...

Or, more likely, you are intentionally using the terminology incorrectly as many Christians do... Most of the Christians who claim a scientific theory is "science fiction", fully understand that they are a liar... they are misrepresenting the truth because scientifically illiterate Christians are unlikely to know they are lying...

Other Christians might believe the lie, and even propagate this lie on internet forums... Exactly like you are doing... Troll

Another name for "scientific theory" is "scientific knowledge" (hint: knowledge is based in fact, not fiction)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation

As with most (if not all) forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and aim for predictive power and explanatory capability.

Provide a source for your claim, "Science theory is science fiction", or admit you are nothing but a troll!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:36:48 PM

We've been over this theory vs hypothesis = fact vs guess a dozen times already... if you don't understand it, you never will

Your response is the example of a troll's response. Why? All you do is say that I am trolling, but you don't give a logical explanation of of why something I say is trolling.

The real proof that yo are the troll is, I show you the proof that God exists, and you can't show where I am scientifically wrong in the proof. All that is left for you is to troll, since you don't like the "God" idea, but can't refute it.

I gave a logical response... you keep denying reality... you keep saying that a scientific theory is just a guess, and not based in fact... which is a false statement

I provided links to sources the first dozen times I refuted your claim... shall we go for #13?
From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory?s=t, still the same as the last time I provided it:
theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:
Einstein's theory of relativity.
Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate.
Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.

3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject:
number theory.

4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice:
music theory.

5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles:
conflicting theories of how children best learn to read.

6. contemplation or speculation:
the theory that there is life on other planets.

7. guess or conjecture:
My theory is that he never stops to think words have consequences.

Idioms

8. in theory, ideally; hypothetically:
In theory, mapping the human genome may lead to thousands of cures.

Notice the word "propositions" in #1.

Notice the words "whose status is still conjectural" in #2. Also in #2, notice the synonyms and antonyms.

Notice how the example in #6 is a scientific one.

Notice the word "may" in #8 rather than the word "does."

None of the definition, either the scientific portion, nor the non-scientific portion, suggest laws. It all suggests speculation in one way or another.

Don't like it? If you go beck to your references, you will find that they are self-contradictory regarding the explanation of theory.

Science theory is science fiction until it is proven to be fact. The science method doesn't have anything to do with believing science theory fiction to be truth when it is not known to be truth.

...believing the fictions of science theory anyway.

You simply do not understand the terminology of science...

Or, more likely, you are intentionally using the terminology incorrectly as many Christians do... Most of the Christians who claim a scientific theory is "science fiction", fully understand that they are a liar... they are misrepresenting the truth because scientifically illiterate Christians are unlikely to know they are lying...

Other Christians might believe the lie, and even propagate this lie on internet forums... Exactly like you are doing... Troll
Now, because you don't want to use the terms and definitions correctly, you bring up another religion besides science theory - Christianity - just to throw people off. If I am a troll in any way, you prove yourself to be a troll extraordinaire.

Another name for "scientific theory" is "scientific knowledge" (hint: knowledge is based in fact, not fiction)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation

As with most (if not all) forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and aim for predictive power and explanatory capability.

Provide a source for your claim, "Science theory is science fiction", or admit you are nothing but a troll!

Your Wikipedia article is full of self-contradictory material. It seems to call theory fact, but in its wording it also calls theory speculation.

In addition, it attempts to downplay the importance of Newtonian laws, which have never been overturned factually as laws.

Wikipedia, because it can be edited by anyone who wants to take the time finding out the ways to become an editor, is simply a theory of what an encyclopedia should be. Therefore, although it might contain a lot of fact, it needs to be verified by other reference material.

The dictionary definition I used above, is standard regarding dictionary definitions of the word "theory" no matter how it is used. Check the definitions if you want. Science theory is simply a group of points used to describe some idea in ways that are not proven to be true. Until they are proven truthful, anybody who believes they are true, has a religion going with such beliefs of his.

Because of all this, you have not shown the scientific laws I present to not prove God. The existence of God stands proven by science.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 09:45:10 PM

The dictionary definition I used above, is standard regarding dictionary definitions of the word "theory" no matter how it is used

That is your problem. 

This is proof that you either did not take any science in school or slept all through science classes.

Never too late to enroll in evening classes in some high school or community college.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

The dictionary definition I used above, is standard regarding dictionary definitions of the word "theory" no matter how it is used

That is your problem. 

This is proof that you either did not take any science in school or slept all through science classes.

Never too late to enroll in evening classes in some high school or community college.

LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Okay. I guess we are down to it. You simply won't accept the proof that God exists.

I am a bit curious why, however. I suspect that you believe other things that are factual. I mean, if you were crossing a railroad track, and you saw a train bearing down on yourself at 60 mph, you would get out of the way as fast as you could. Although God is patient and loving, He can be way more dangerous than a train. And you are disrespectful of the nitroglycerin you are tossing back and forth from hand to hand. How utterly reckless of you.

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:15:11 PM

That is your problem.  

LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Okay. I guess we are down to it. You simply won't accept the proof that God exists.

(Argumentum ad hominem removed)

1) Words often have multiple meanings
Example: Faggot could mean a homosexual person, of a bundle of sticks used for kindling... The context is important... Same goes for the word theory when used in the context of science, it means fact... This has been explained to you 14 times now...

2) Please provide this proof so we can refute your claim instead of ad hominem attack each other

3) When you refuse to provide a source or evidence to support your claim, you are engaging in pseudoscience:
Pseudoscience is often characterized by the following: contradictory, exaggerated or unprovable claims; over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation; lack of openness to evaluation by other experts in the field; and absence of systematic practices when rationally developing theories
Moloch

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:27:38 PM

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory?s=t, still the same as the last time I provided it:
theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:

Did you notice the words, coherent, tested and correct?

What about the synonyms, principle, law, doctrine?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:04:52 PM

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

Theory might be law. It is not known to be law, except that it matches the law of what a theory is.

Law is always law, never theory.

No questionability in law. But theory is always questionable.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:25:53 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 11:40:55 PM by Moloch

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

Theory might be law. It is not known to be law, except that it matches the law of what a theory is.

Perhaps some day you will understand...

Theory and law are different categories of confirmed hypothesis...

A hypothesis becomes a law when it is proven via mathematics

A hypothesis becomes a theory when it is confirmed via induction, makes accurate predictions of future events, withstands peer review, and is accepted by the scientific community as fact, truth, and an accurate representation of reality

A law can never become a theory and a theory can never become a law...

You are saying the equivalent of, "When this cat gets older it becomes a dog"
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:35:00 PM

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

Theory and law are 2 different categories of things...

A hypothesis becomes a theory when it is confirmed via induction, makes accurate predictions of future events, withstands peer review, and is accepted by the scientific community as fact, truth, and an accurate representation of reality

Correct. A theory can never become a law. It either is a law or it isn't. The fact that it is a theory shows that scientists don't know for a fact whether or not it is a law.

However, regarding some theories, scientists DO prove that they are laws, at which point they declare that they are laws. They prove other theories to not be law, at which point those theories are dropped from even being theories, or they are modified to the point where they again become questionable, both positively and negatively.

Thus, a theory is a tool. A law can be a tool as well, like the three laws that I have used to prove that God exists.

I rather hope that few Christians figure out that God exists by looking at the three laws that prove His existence. Why? Because their faith in the things that God says is strengthened more by believing the witnesses in the Bible.

If you don't have faith in what God says, you insult Him by calling Him a liar. You endanger yourself when you do this. He just might lock you into your unbelief, thereby locking you out of Heaven

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:48:54 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 12:08:39 AM by Moloch

noun, plural theories.

Correct. A theory can never become a law. It either is a law or it isn't.

Correct, a dog is always a dog, and never a cat

The fact that it is a theory shows that scientists don't know for a fact whether or not it is a law.

Incorrect... A theory does not become a law... for the same reason that a dog does not become a cat
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:27:17 AM

noun, plural theories.

The fact that it is a theory shows that scientists don't know for a fact whether or not it is a law.

Incorrect... A theory does not become a law... for the same reason that a dog does not become a cat

That's why a theory does not become law. It either is law already or it is not. Theory means that we simply haven't figured it out yet.

For example. An abstract form of evolution theory might suggest that some ancient form of dog could evolve into a cat, or that some ancient form of cat could evolve into a dog. Theoretically speaking, we don't know if this could happen or not. But as you have been saying, a dog is always a dog. It never becomes a cat. Law trumps theory.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:58:40 AM

noun, plural theories.

That's why a theory does not become law. It either is law already or it is not. Theory means that we simply haven't figured it out yet.

For example. An abstract form of evolution theory might suggest that some ancient form of dog could evolve into a cat, or that some ancient form of cat could evolve into a dog. Theoretically speaking, we don't know if this could happen or not. But as you have been saying, a dog is always a dog. It never becomes a cat. Law trumps theory.

Wrong again...

Theory means we have figured it out... hypothesis means we have not figured it out...

It starts as a hypothesis, and once it is confirmed as fact, becomes a theory

You are also wrong about evolution... no dog has ever or will ever evolve into a cat... it won't happen

For the same reason that no human has evolved from a chimp... this is another common Christian misconception... humans and chimps share a common ancestor, which was neither human nor chimp
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:07:39 AM

noun, plural theories.

Wrong again...

Theory means we have figured it out... hypothesis means we have not figured it out...

You are also wrong about evolution... no dog has ever or will ever evolve into a cat... it won't happen

For the same reason that no human has evolved from a chimp... this is another common Christian misconception... humans and chimps share a common ancestor, which was neither human nor chimp

First, you are wrong about theory. It's in the dictionary definitions I provided earlier. Also, "hypothesis" is a synonym for theory. Check the definitions.

As far as a dog or cat evolving into one or another, that is what the whole theory of evolution is about, except that it is not so dog cat specific.

The point is, in the theory of evolution, something evolved from something else. Either you can theorize that a cog could evolve from a cat, or the whole theory fails.

Smiley

Moloch

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:45:31 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 01:57:09 AM by Moloch

noun, plural theories.

Wrong again...

First, you are wrong about theory. It's in the dictionary definitions I provided earlier. Also, "hypothesis" is a synonym for theory. Check the definitions.

Now you are just arguing in circles...

I already refuted your claim about your dictionary definition in the text you quoted! (for the 15th time, and counting)

Yes, we all understand words can have multiple meanings... but theory has only a single definition when used in a scientific context (times explained to you = 16)

Same as faggot can mean multiple things... If someone is throwing a faggot on the fire, I assume it is a faggot of wood, not a homosexual (or perhaps a cigarette butt if the person is from the UK)... context is important!
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:28:52 AM

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

Theory and law are different categories of confirmed hypothesis...

Stop trying to teach him science. He can't science. He doesn't really want to science.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:59:35 AM

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

Correct. A theory can never become a law. It either is a law or it isn't. The fact that it is a theory shows that scientists don't know for a fact whether or not it is a law.

However, regarding some theories, scientists DO prove that they are laws, at which point they declare that they are laws. They prove other theories to not be law, at which point those theories are dropped from even being theories, or they are modified to the point where they again become questionable, both positively and negatively.

Thus, a theory is a tool. A law can be a tool as well, like the three laws that I have used to prove that God exists.

I rather hope that few Christians figure out that God exists by looking at the three laws that prove His existence. Why? Because their faith in the things that God says is strengthened more by believing the witnesses in the Bible.

If you don't have faith in what God says, you insult Him by calling Him a liar. You endanger yourself when you do this. He just might lock you into your unbelief, thereby locking you out of Heaven

Cool

Yeah but the problem is that you're calling theories laws and laws theories buddy...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:16:59 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 03:45:09 PM by BADecker

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

Cool

Yeah but the problem is that you're calling theories laws and laws theories buddy...

Well, what's wrong with that? If a theory is a law, it is a law. If it is not a law, it is not a law. The reason a theory is a theory is that we don't know and haven't been able to figure out if it is a law or not.

Sometime we might figure it out. After we figure it out, we will either drop a theory from theory status, or elevate it to law status. It's simple as that. This is the way it has always been done. It's really the only way that makes sense... if you want to live truthfully, that is.

Cool

xslugx

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:52:14 PM

Well, what's wrong with that? If a theory is a law, it is a law. If it is not a law, it is not a law. The reason a theory is a theory is that we don't know and haven't been able to figure out if it is a law or not.

Sometime we might figure it out. After we figure it out, we will either drop a theory from theory status, or elevate it to law status. It's simple as that. This is the way it has always been done. It's really the only way that makes sense... if you want to live truthfully, that is.

Cool

Problem is you call a law something that has never been proven to be one and that you call theories things that have been proven.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:14:38 PM

Cool

Problem is you call a law something that has never been proven to be one and that you call theories things that have been proven.

A law is something that exists as a fact. Law doesn't have anything to do with what people think, or what they think they have proven, or what they observe, or what they dream about on their beds at night... or what they theorize.

Theory is something that honest people construct in their absence of knowledge about whether or not something is law. They construct their theory with the hope that it will help them determine whether something is a law or not.

If their theory helps them to prove that a particular thing theorized about is a law, then that thing was always a law. The theory didn't make it a law. The thing that was theorized about was always the law.

If their theory helps them prove that a particular thing theorized about is not a law, then the theory is dropped, or the theory is modified so that they can keep on attempting to prove it.

In this sense, a theory might be a law, or it might not be a law... from the viewpoint of those who observe the theory. Perhaps they will be able to determine one way or the other someday. Until then, it will always be a theory to them, even if it is a law or not.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: