Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:16:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:42:04 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

i dont think atheists (im atheist) hate religion, i think they (like me) hate what religion do to people, like wars, dived families, abandon and things like that

Simply another point that shows that atheism is a religion. How? Because atheists do all these evil things as well.

Cool

Poor logic.

If some A = C and some B = C and some C = D, it does not follow that any B = D.

Take A as god believers, B as atheists, C as evil deeds and D as religion.

Bro, you can't use login in an argument against an overly religious person or a muslim. You need top go lower, use their language. Let me try now.... Uga,uga oooga booga bogaa ugh

I think BADecker is a smart person. He or she just has an intellectual blind spot when it comes to Christianity.

Stand me up next to any other average person. What do you see?

Some of these people are more intelligent that I. Some are less.

Some are smarter; others are less smart.

Some eat more; some eat less.

But we all have the same DNA to within 99.9999%... even if the pronounced DNA isn't quite the same in all of us. We all need air to breathe. We all need water to drink. We all need food to eat. We all need clothing and shelter. We all have emotions. We all have religion. We are very similar.

Some of the less sensitive among us don't recognize that we all have religion. It doesn't mean that their beliefs and activities in life aren't religious, or that those who understand that we are religious are more religious. It just means that the so-called irreligious people don't think about their religion in the same way as those who recognize that everyone is religious and has religion.

Cool

not sure what your definition of religion is bud. But it sure as hell aint the same as mine.
i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period

You seem to be very religious in your non-religion religion.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grim007

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:44:55 AM

because atheist thinks that GOD dont response to heir prayers and they hate him... watch the movie Gods not Dead to enlighten you
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 01:59:50 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

i dont think atheists (im atheist) hate religion, i think they (like me) hate what religion do to people, like wars, dived families, abandon and things like that

Simply another point that shows that atheism is a religion. How? Because atheists do all these evil things as well.

Cool

Poor logic.

Bro, you can't use login in an argument against an overly religious person or a muslim. You need top go lower, use their language. Let me try now.... Uga,uga oooga booga bogaa ugh

I think BADecker is a smart person. He or she just has an intellectual blind spot when it comes to Christianity.

But we all have the same DNA to within 99.9999%... even if the pronounced DNA isn't quite the same in all of us. We all need air to breathe. We all need water to drink. We all need food to eat. We all need clothing and shelter. We all have emotions. We all have religion. We are very similar.

Some of the less sensitive among us don't recognize that we all have religion. It doesn't mean that their beliefs and activities in life aren't religious, or that those who understand that we are religious are more religious. It just means that the so-called irreligious people don't think about their religion in the same way as those who recognize that everyone is religious and has religion.

Cool

not sure what your definition of religion is bud. But it sure as hell aint the same as mine.
i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period

Cool

Did you even read your link?

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]
Spell  Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

Idioms
get religion, Informal.
to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
to resolve to mend one's errant ways:
The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

noun
belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
(mainly RC Church) the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
something of overwhelming importance to a person: football is his religion
(archaic)
the practice of sacred ritual observances
sacred rites and ceremonies
Word Origin
C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind

Only some of these definitions agree with your definition of "religion" whereas all of them agree with my (atheism excluding) definition of religion.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:23:48 AM

Cool

Poor logic.

Cool

i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period

Cool

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]
Spell  Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
to enter religion.
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:

Idioms
get religion, Informal.
to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.

noun
belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
(mainly RC Church) the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
(archaic)
Word Origin
C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind

Only some of these definitions agree with your definition of "religion" whereas all of them agree with my (atheism excluding) definition of religion.

Your dictatorial-like suggesting of what other people think doesn't work. Nobody knows what other people think... except God, of course. So, in your brazen suggesting that you know what I think, you are essentially suggesting that you are God. Fine attitude for a self-proclaimed atheist.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
XodhvdjI

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:27:41 AM

I would just ultimately think it has something to do with the fact that they simply live based on physical proof. They need evidence to believe in something, and religion simply doesn't have that. It's all based in faith and whether or not you believe the details of that religion. For the most part though, I don't think that because somebody believes in a religion that this means atheists should despise them. Despise religion, not the person. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 02:30:26 AM

Cool

Poor logic.

Cool

im not religious .period

Cool

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]
Spell  Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
to enter religion.

Idioms
get religion, Informal.

noun
(archaic)
Word Origin

Your dictatorial-like suggesting of what other people think doesn't work. Nobody knows what other people think... except God, of course. So, in your brazen suggesting that you know what I think, you are essentially suggesting that you are God. Fine attitude for a self-proclaimed atheist.

Cool

Dictatorial? No. I'm simply pointing out that your link doesn't support your view.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:34:19 AM

I would just ultimately think it has something to do with the fact that they simply live based on physical proof. They need evidence to believe in something, and religion simply doesn't have that. It's all based in faith and whether or not you believe the details of that religion. For the most part though, I don't think that because somebody believes in a religion that this means atheists should despise them. Despise religion, not the person. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Religion is not all based on faith. All religions understand that mankind and the earth exist, and are based on these factual understandings, at least somewhat. Religion is not blind faith. Religion simply tries to do the same things that science is trying to do... find answers. Religion does it differently.

Anybody who things that science will eventually find all the answers has a religion going for himself. Nobody knows that science can find all the answers.

Cool

XodhvdjI

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 02:48:26 AM

Religion is not all based on faith. All religions understand that mankind and the earth exist, and are based on these factual understandings, at least somewhat. Religion is not blind faith. Religion simply tries to do the same things that science is trying to do... find answers. Religion does it differently.

Anybody who things that science will eventually find all the answers has a religion going for himself. Nobody knows that science can find all the answers.

Cool
Well...you're correct, but you're also incorrect. See, religion isn't exactly going with actual proof. For example, specific christians do not believe dinosaurs ever existed. They indeed did because science has given them fossils. However, they claim they're fake.

Edit: actually, I really don't know how to explain myself. You might be correct, so I'll leave it at that.
alplaxxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:12:53 AM

Cool
Well...you're correct, but you're also incorrect. See, religion isn't exactly going with actual proof. For example, specific christians do not believe dinosaurs ever existed. They indeed did because science has given them fossils. However, they claim they're fake.

Edit: actually, I really don't know how to explain myself. You might be correct, so I'll leave it at that.
I think Atheists believe base on what real world is, and hate what the religion's believe, the magical creation of the world, the heaven, the angel , the faith of human to the creator and I think , Atheists do not believe in God the Creator
Farhad shaikh

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:42:56 AM

I don,t tell u a story.l tell the true. I have a brother. he don,t like any religion. bcz he don,t trust  God. He told there is no God. So why we pry for him? everyone told " He is Atheists and he hate all Religion. But some days later I see he trust the God. Nobody known what happened to him.
hasan7779

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:56:01 PM

Atheists do not believe god and religion believe god So they  hate religion.
myCoin ID

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:13:06 PM

I always say that atheism is not a belief. but choice of ignorance God's existence.
If an atheist hates religion,  that means he/she doesn't know anything about religion or knows wrong.
Religions advice only being good and live better and happy life. No hate, no sadness!
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:37:13 PM

I also do not believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus, unicorns, and pokemon... does that mean I hate all those too?

How do you hate something you do not believe exists?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:09:26 PM

I also do not believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus, unicorns, and pokemon... does that mean I hate all those too?

Atheists know God/god exists. They know it because they set themselves up as gods by simply suggesting that God doesn't exists when they know that they don't know for sure that He doesn't.

Cool

egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:20:52 PM

probably because they are atheists but jeebus still loves them anyway
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:49:07 PM

probably because they are atheists but jeebus still loves them anyway
You religious freaks don't act like jeebus..I know about jeebus and not many know how to behave like jeebus..But I suppose your all forgiven Roll Eyes

One thing I have found out is just let them be enslaved it's your choice..
Just keep your bullshit talk to yourself..

Religion is not good for you.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QVapYPR8B4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Ps9M9FXE8
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 12:05:12 AM

Atheists know God/god exists. They know it because they set themselves up as gods by simply suggesting that God doesn't exists when they know that they don't know for sure that He doesn't.

Cool

Regardless of accuracy, that is not a logically valid statement.

1. Premise: Atheists set themselves up as a gods
2. Conclusion: Therefore there is a God.

Unless you're saying that atheists are the One True God, your statement is not logically valid. Try again.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:03:48 AM

Cool

Unless you're saying that atheists are the One True God, your statement is not logically valid. Try again.

Just because you choose to not understand, or to hide the fact that you DO understand, doesn't make my statement to not be logically valid. However, for you, I will clarify.

People who have faith that God exists, while at the same time don't understand the scientific proof that God exists, and don't have a view of nature sufficient to know that God exists, have God simply by their faith.

Atheists formally and outwardly claim God to not exists, but by doing this they are setting themselves up as gods, thereby nullifying their claim by making their claim.

Of course, then their are those who know that God exists by viewing the scientific proof, or by viewing nature.

The point is, everybody knows that God/god exists in one form or another.

Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 04:07:11 AM

Cool

Just because you choose to not understand, or to hide the fact that you DO understand, doesn't make my statement to not be logically valid. However, for you, I will clarify.

People who have faith that God exists, while at the same time don't understand the scientific proof that God exists, and don't have a view of nature sufficient to know that God exists, have God simply by their faith.

Atheists formally and outwardly claim God to not exists, but by doing this they are setting themselves up as gods, thereby nullifying their claim by making their claim.

Of course, then their are those who know that God exists by viewing the scientific proof, or by viewing nature.

Cool

That's not what you wrote. You wrote "Atheists set themselves up as a gods" and went on to claim this as a proof of god. Are you backing away from this claim now, or do you care to explain how "setting oneself up as a god" proves that your god exists?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:19:39 AM

Cool

Cool

That's not what you wrote. You wrote "Atheists set themselves up as a gods" and went on to claim this as a proof of god. Are you backing away from this claim now, or do you care to explain how "setting oneself up as a god" proves that your god exists?

Now now. Since that claim can't be found, what are you really trying to say? That atheists don't set themselves up as gods, against the true God that science and nature have proven to exist?

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: