Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:48:31 PM

I hate it because religion takes advantage of the ignorant.

I hate it because religion turns good people into racist.

I hate it because religion justifies doing evil things to people.

I hate it because religion is used to make decent, upstanding citizens into murderers.

Religion is and has always been the root of all evil. it should be banned.

The world should commit itself to educating the masses, exposing the fraudsters and imprisoning the scumbags profiting from the gullible.

Oh lord hear my pleas and strike down the proselytizing thieves and charlatans that have for so many years brought pain and suffering to the world.

Amen... 😈

These are exactly the thing that the religion of science theory often does. For example, Big Bang Theory is not true, but even if it were, there is no way under the sun to ever prove that it is true. But NASA and all kinds of other scientists say that Big Bang is true and real. And they often say it without any question at all.

The science religion is the worst of all.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:15:07 PM

I hope a nice person is preparing your padded room

Somewhere on planet Earth... a straight-jacket is missing it's owner
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:31:47 PM

Of course you are going to be envious. Somebody has the answers that you can't refute, and you are upset. Relax, before you hurt yourself. Better yet, why not acknowledge the truth? Has the truth got you so scared that you can't even look it in the face?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 08:42:09 PM

I hope a nice person is preparing your padded room

Somewhere on planet Earth... a straight-jacket is missing it's owner

The World is owned by a lady.

Be a man!

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:28:29 AM

I hate it because religion is used to make decent, upstanding citizens into murderers.

The world should commit itself to educating the masses, exposing the fraudsters and imprisoning the scumbags profiting from the gullible.

Oh lord hear my pleas and strike down the proselytizing thieves and charlatans that have for so many years brought pain and suffering to the world.

Amen... 😈

These are exactly the thing that the religion of science theory often does. For example, Big Bang Theory is not true, but even if it were, there is no way under the sun to ever prove that it is true. But NASA and all kinds of other scientists say that Big Bang is true and real. And they often say it without any question at all.

Cool

Friend, what is the definition of THEORY?

Do you know the meaning of 'axiom' and 'dogma' ?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 01:31:29 PM

Amen... 😈

Cool

Wow! The more I read the definitions that you prompted me to look up, the more I see that modern science is a relgion... and is becoming more of a religion everyday.

Thanks for suggesting.

For your reading enjoyment. Definitions from Dictiouary.com at http://www.dictionary.com/.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.
1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:
Einstein's theory of relativity.
Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate.
Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.

3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject:
number theory.

4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice:
music theory.

5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles:
conflicting theories of how children best learn to read.

6. contemplation or speculation:
the theory that there is life on other planets.

7. guess or conjecture:
My theory is that he never stops to think words have consequences.

Idioms
8. in theory, ideally; hypothetically:
In theory, mapping the human genome may lead to thousands of cures.

axiom
[ak-see-uh m]

noun
1. a self-evident truth that requires no proof.

2. a universally accepted principle or rule.

3. Logic, Mathematics. a proposition that is assumed without proof for the sake of studying the consequences that follow from it.

dogma
[dawg-muh, dog-]

noun, plural dogmas or (Rare) dogmata [dawg-muh-tuh]
1. an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church.
Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.

2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption;
the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility.
Synonyms: tenet, canon, law.

3. prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group:
the difficulty of resisting political dogma.

4. a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle:
the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation.
Synonyms: conviction, certainty.

So science theory is a "group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that ... is still conjectural and subject to experimentation," but is really, "contemplation or speculation, or guess or conjecture."

And Newton's Laws are axioms - self evident truths that require no proof, and are universally accepted principles or rules.

And since the science community accepts science theory as fact rather than Newtonian axioms, the science theory has become dogma of the science religion.

Thanks again. This should make it easier for all of us to see that science has basically become a religion for all of us non-scientific, lay people, who have become believers in it.

Cool

EDIT: Looks like the real reason atheists hate religion is, they just can't get away from it. And the harder they try, the closer to religion they get.  Wink

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:05:24 PM

Amen... 😈

Cool

Wow! The more I read the definitions that you prompted me to look up, the more I see that modern science is a relgion... and is becoming more of a religion everyday.

Thanks for suggesting.

For your reading enjoyment. Definitions from Dictiouary.com at http://www.dictionary.com/.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.
1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:

2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject:
number theory.

4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice:
music theory.

5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles:

7. guess or conjecture:

Idioms

axiom
[ak-see-uh m]

noun

3. Logic, Mathematics. a proposition that is assumed without proof for the sake of studying the consequences that follow from it.

dogma
[dawg-muh, dog-]

1. an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church.

2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption;

So science theory is a "group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that ... is still conjectural and subject to experimentation," but is really, "contemplation or speculation, or guess or conjecture."

And Newton's Laws are axioms - self evident truths that require no proof, and are universally accepted principles or rules.

And since the science community accepts science theory as fact rather than Newtonian axioms, the science theory has become dogma of the science religion.

Thanks again. This should make it easier for all of us to see that science has basically become a religion for all of us non-scientific, lay people, who have become believers in it.

Cool

EDIT: Looks like the real reason atheists hate religion is, they just can't get away from it. And the harder they try, the closer to religion they get.  Wink

Smiley
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:05:12 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 03:19:38 PM by sirazimuth

Amen... 😈

Cool

Thanks for suggesting.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

number theory.

music theory.

7. guess or conjecture:

Idioms

axiom
[ak-see-uh m]

noun

dogma
[dawg-muh, dog-]

Cool

EDIT: Looks like the real reason atheists hate religion is, they just can't get away from it. And the harder they try, the closer to religion they get.  Wink

For your reading education. Definitions from Dictiouary.com at http://www.dictionary.com/. (thanx for linc btw)
Apparently you neglected to post these when you really should have because you
have no clue as to the proper definition of these words.But please continue posting your
philosophical word salads about vegeatables and judgments and what have you.
It gives me a good Sunday morning laugh. Grin

science
noun
1.a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws:
the mathematical sciences.

2.systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

3.any of the branches of natural or physical science.

4.systematized knowledge in general.

5.knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.

6.a particular branch of knowledge.

7.skill, especially reflecting a precise application of facts or principles; proficiency.

religion
noun
1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered
 as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2.a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3.the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4.the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5.the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6.something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7.religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

belief
noun
1.something believed; an opinion or conviction:
a belief that the earth is flat.

2.confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof:
a statement unworthy of belief.

3.confidence; faith; trust:a child's belief in his parents.

4.a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith:
the Christian belief.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:53:43 PM

Amen... 😈

Cool

Thanks for suggesting.

theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]

noun, plural theories.

number theory.

music theory.

7. guess or conjecture:

Idioms

axiom
[ak-see-uh m]

noun

dogma
[dawg-muh, dog-]

Cool

EDIT: Looks like the real reason atheists hate religion is, they just can't get away from it. And the harder they try, the closer to religion they get.  Wink

For your reading education. Definitions from Dictiouary.com at http://www.dictionary.com/. (thanx for linc btw)
Apparently you neglected to post these when you really should have because you
have no clue as to the proper definition of these words.But please continue posting your
philosophical word salads about vegeatables and judgments and what have you.
It gives me a good Sunday morning laugh. Grin

science
noun
1.a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws:
the mathematical sciences.

2.systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

3.any of the branches of natural or physical science.

4.systematized knowledge in general.

5.knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.

6.a particular branch of knowledge.

7.skill, especially reflecting a precise application of facts or principles; proficiency.

religion
noun
1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered
 as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2.a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3.the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4.the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5.the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6.something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7.religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

belief
noun
1.something believed; an opinion or conviction:
a belief that the earth is flat.

2.confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof:
a statement unworthy of belief.

3.confidence; faith; trust:a child's belief in his parents.

4.a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith:
the Christian belief.

So, explain how science theory, which is not known to be fact, but is believed by many to be fact, is science and not religion, since it fits the above definition of religion, but not science.

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:40:35 PM

are you reading the same definitions i am?

since when did science theory involve the creation of a super human invisible sky fairy? sorry im repeating myself with that term,
but as of yet you still havnt refuted the fact that you believe in this afore mentioned super human invisible all powerful mighty mythical being
that waves his magic wand a says "LET THERE BE LIGHT... bla bla bla...mythical nonsence written by goat herders... bla bla bla  adam and eve, bla bla bla noahs arc, bla bla bla....

You know what i find incredible dude?  The fact that perfectly intelligent humans such as yourself (well i mean that in the sense that you can read and write and post on this forum) can compartmentalize their beliefs . on the one hand they dont believe in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy
the easter bunny, lepracorns , pink unicorns , or the thousand or so other gods and goblins, and yet you have no problem
believing in the almighty holy Babble Yoweeie or wtf his ridiculas name is.
Yes my religion is the right one, all those others are silly!  LMFAO!
hey its Sunday, shouldnt you be at church saying your hail marys and worshiping your imaginary friend? you know like they did in the dark ages?

ok, end of rant...i feel better now Cheesy

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:34:02 AM

Were you talking to me with this post? I mean, it followed one of my posts, but it doesn't seem to be directed at anyone.

Just in case it was meant for me, I'll play your game with you a little.

are you reading the same definitions i am?
Certainly not at the same time except by accident.

since when did science theory involve the creation of a super human invisible sky fairy? sorry im repeating myself with that term,
Why do you apologize for repeating yourself? In answer to your question, I haven't seen science do this. Do you know of an instance where science did this?

but as of yet you still havnt refuted the fact that you believe in this afore mentioned super human invisible all powerful mighty mythical being
Since there doesn't seem to be any "afore mentioned super human invisible all powerful mighty mythical being" referenced in your post, how can anyone know what you are talking about? However, there is a lot of forum, so it might be mentioned somewhere.

In general, I don't believe that such a being exists. Is that enough refutation for you? at least until I find out what you are talking about.

that waves his magic wand a says "LET THERE BE LIGHT... bla bla bla...mythical nonsence written by goat herders... bla bla bla  adam and eve, bla bla bla noahs arc, bla bla bla....
Never heard of this before. I have read a reasonable number of science fictions stories in my time, but I don't recall reading one with this kind of a story.

You know what i find incredible dude?  The fact that perfectly intelligent humans such as yourself (well i mean that in the sense that you can read and write and post on this forum) can compartmentalize their beliefs . on the one hand they dont believe in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy
the easter bunny, lepracorns , pink unicorns , or the thousand or so other gods and goblins, and yet you have no problem
believing in the almighty holy Babble Yoweeie or wtf his ridiculas name is.
Yes my religion is the right one, all those others are silly!  LMFAO!
What are you even talking about here? Jabba the Hutt? "Babble Yoweeie" sounds a little like it might be some kind of a name off Star Wars.

hey its Sunday, shouldnt you be at church saying your hail marys and worshiping your imaginary friend? you know like they did in the dark ages?
I checked my pockets, my cupboards, etc., and I couldn't find any "hail marys (should it be maries?)" or "imaginary friend"s that I own.

ok, end of rant...i feel better now Cheesy

I guess I am glad you feel better now, but what in the world kind of funny farm do you live in to even say all this stuff in the first place?

Cool

Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:59:02 PM

Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?
-Nietzsche

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:18:52 AM

HAHAHA Good one.

Theists may pray for me. I will think for them!

God organizes your thinking according to the prayers of the theists.    Cool

You have a God Complex.  Grin   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

+1

Finally, we have a diagnosis for BADecker !!!

All religiotards have it and don't even know it.

Actually, God is the only thing holding everybody alive. I simply know about it a little better than many others.

Cool

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 09:26:40 PM

I understand it may be an atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of god. so that they doubted that people had a religion is wrong. it is my understanding that it is very difficult to change.
Moloch

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:38:08 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 01:52:53 AM by Moloch

I understand that humans have created hundreds of religions, and thousands of gods

These religions tend to be contradictory in such a way that if one is right, all the others are wrong

From this it is clear that most religions and gods are definitely false, with a high probability that all of them are false
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:14:10 AM

I understand that humans have created hundreds of religions, and thousands of gods

These religions tend to be contradictory in such a way that if one is right, all the others are wrong

From this it is clear that most religions and gods are definitely false, with a high probability that all of them are false

And the religion that is most false is atheism. Why? Atheists try to hide even from themselves that they are setting themselves up as gods by attempting to believe that there is no God, something that they know is not the truth. For even if there wasn't any God, the fact that they attempt to believe such a thing without really knowing it, is proof that they are making themselves out to be gods.

Atheism. The most clearly self-destroying religion.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:14:41 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 03:32:02 AM by Moloch

And the religion that is most false is atheism. Why? Atheists try to hide even from themselves that they are setting themselves up as gods by attempting to believe that there is no God, something that they know is not the truth. For even if there wasn't any God, the fact that they attempt to believe such a thing without really knowing it, is proof that they are making themselves out to be gods.

Atheism. The most clearly self-destroying religion.

Atheism... clearly better than your religion which describes exactly how to own slaves, who to buy them from, how much to pay for them, how badly you are allowed to beat them, etc

Atheism does not have a book which condones slavery, yet condemns homosexuals, witches and anyone who practices another religion... that would be bigotry... atheists tend to be anti-bigotry as a matter of principle

I can't believe a book which condones slavery, homophobia, and other forms of bigotry was written by a god

I do not have a holy book which talks about unicorns (bible), dragons (bible), djinn (quran), flying donkeys (quran), or other mythical creatures

The founder of my non-religion did not marry a 6-year old girl, and wait until she was 9 to rape her (Muhammad)
Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:38:14 AM

This why do thread is good man and because it is good ill answer it in my own opinion. According to what I know about atheists, They hate Religion because they do not believe in Gods in the first place. Why would they love religion if they don't believe that Gods or God exist?
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:22:52 AM

I understand it may be an atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of god. so that they doubted that people had a religion is wrong. it is my understanding that it is very difficult to change.

In my opinion atheist were people who lost their faith in god, when they go in-depth into science. Also when prayers don't go effective people gets changed to atheists.
Moloch

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:23:11 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: