Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:57:18 PM

...So you think that you are so smart that you can eat well enough to keep yourself alive for a thousand years or more? Boy are you deluded.

With the economy of the world the way it i s, we don't have the technology today to build a pile of rocks like the Great Pyramid. We might have the pure technology, but we don't have the economy that would allow the technology to work. Those ancient pyramid builders were way ahead of us. They actually did it. we could only dream.

Keep on with your hopes and dreams that we will find something tomorrow that will make everything work better. Don't you see that the world is on the brink of war, and that the economy is on the brink of collapse? One little flutter of nature, and all our dreams would collapse farther than Gobekli Tepe.

@BADecker  Those ancient civilizations longed to have some elevation to broaden their view, so they went ahead and erected those magnificent pyramids with manpower. Today, we simply use the astounding technology at our disposal to erect a Burj Khalifa at 828 meters high, without the amount of manpower that would be needed if only manpower (and no modern technology) were available. Believe me, erecting a Burj Khalifa for instance, with only manpower, would have taken the very bravest of souls and even then would probably have failed.

Things already work much better today, but I and fellow like minded people will keep on striving to make things work better, and maybe our world does need a little fluttering done by our magnificent mother nature so all our dreams are aligned with what we all are meant to be.

When God selected 72 elders to help Moses govern the people of Israel, God took some of the Spirit He had placed on Moses, and placed it on the 72 elders. These elders then prophesied. Two of the elders had remained in the Israelite camp while they prophesied.

Joshua, Moses' aid, was shock and said to Moses, "My lord, stop them!" Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that God placed His Spirit on all of His people."

Today we have the broader knowledge which elevates our views. The spirit of broader and elevated views has come on many of us.

All the information available on the Internet and otherwise says that we don't know how the Egyptians built the pyramids... especially the greater of these pyramids. But then some of us come along with our broadened and elevated view, and say that the Egyptians used manpower to build the pyramids, when the fact is that we don't know how they built the pyramids.

This shows that the broadened and elevated view of many as turned to fiction and dreaming. Keep this broadened and elevated view. I would rather have facts, even if they express little or nothing.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:29:07 PM

...So you think that you are so smart that you can eat well enough to keep yourself alive for a thousand years or more? Boy are you deluded.

With the economy of the world the way it i s, we don't have the technology today to build a pile of rocks like the Great Pyramid. We might have the pure technology, but we don't have the economy that would allow the technology to work. Those ancient pyramid builders were way ahead of us. They actually did it. we could only dream.

Keep on with your hopes and dreams that we will find something tomorrow that will make everything work better. Don't you see that the world is on the brink of war, and that the economy is on the brink of collapse? One little flutter of nature, and all our dreams would collapse farther than Gobekli Tepe.

@BADecker  Those ancient civilizations longed to have some elevation to broaden their view, so they went ahead and erected those magnificent pyramids with manpower. Today, we simply use the astounding technology at our disposal to erect a Burj Khalifa at 828 meters high, without the amount of manpower that would be needed if only manpower (and no modern technology) were available. Believe me, erecting a Burj Khalifa for instance, with only manpower, would have taken the very bravest of souls and even then would probably have failed.

Things already work much better today, but I and fellow like minded people will keep on striving to make things work better, and maybe our world does need a little fluttering done by our magnificent mother nature so all our dreams are aligned with what we all are meant to be.

When God selected 72 elders to help Moses govern the people of Israel, God took some of the Spirit He had placed on Moses, and placed it on the 72 elders. These elders then prophesied. Two of the elders had remained in the Israelite camp while they prophesied.

Joshua, Moses' aid, was shock and said to Moses, "My lord, stop them!" Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that God placed His Spirit on all of His people."

Today we have the broader knowledge which elevates our views. The spirit of broader and elevated views has come on many of us.

All the information available on the Internet and otherwise says that we don't know how the Egyptians built the pyramids... especially the greater of these pyramids. But then some of us come along with our broadened and elevated view, and say that the Egyptians used manpower to build the pyramids, when the fact is that we don't know how they built the pyramids.

This shows that the broadened and elevated view of many as turned to fiction and dreaming. Keep this broadened and elevated view. I would rather have facts, even if they express little or nothing.

Cool

I only use the logic that I possess and make an easy and simple deduction that a six year old child can also do: Everything is built with manpower (and mind power), including the pyramids. By not specifically stating in previous post that basic ("primitive") technology were used, does not mean it's omitted - to the contrary, the ancient Egyptians did use the technology of their day and age at their disposal to construct the pyramids. No doubt in my mind. Dreams do become reality when you start to build by using what you've got.  Smiley

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:51:10 PM

@Badecker....

You have asked me twice now to show you the inconsistencies in your bible..... so here is a couple of very basic ones which I hope you are able to read without twisting the words to suit your own meaning.

Genesis 1:3-50 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14-19 14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.”

Leviticus 24:17 “Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death.”

There is 2 very simple ones.... should you wish for more I am sure I can find them.

Thanks. You need only one little thing. You need to express what you think the inconsistencies are.

Cool

Hmmm.... Saying "do not murder" and then saying.... "put to death". Pretty certain that is an inconsistency.

What part do you not agree with?
All religious tenets are contrary to common sense. They were invented in the ancient world, when people were uneducated. They could not logically refute these tenets, and those who doubted were killed.

Those who depend on common sense are forming it into a religion for themselves. Many times common sense is wrong. Since we are religious beings, let's find the best religion. Why? Because we will automatically have a religion in life. All people do. It's the way we are.

Cool

It's the way that people were back in time before the most common occurances have been explained, like thunder, earthquakes,etc.. that seemed like he work of gods. Today we know what the hell is happening and why, and not the religion has become obsolete.

LOL! So you think you or we know what is happening, eh? There was a report that just came out that the average age of Americans is down. In addition, there are still 3 or 4 nations of people who live longer than Americans on average. If we knew so much, we would have figured out how to live for a thousand years in good health.

Go ahead. Use your common sense to console yourself that we know so much. But sometime look at the reality that we know essentially nothing.

Consider. Modern science has been telling us that 10 thousand years ago people were humble hunter gatherers. Now we are digging up Gobekli Tepe that is showing us that 10,000 years ago people were possibly smarter than we are in some ways. And there are dozens of places around the world that would show the same, if they were examined archaeologically. We still don't know how they built the pyramids.

Laugh it up, fuzz ball, as society collapses around us because we are so smart with common sense.

Cool

Because most americans eat shit for meals, literally. I don't know if you're that stupid or what. What makes you think that that scenario is even possible for a person to live up to 1k years? I mean it can, but not with the regular biological human body. And as for the american life span, your nation is a fast food nation, no wonder you can't outlive a butterfly.

I am, and we as a humanity know siht, but people are still trying to learn more about this whole world and not  satisfy with the "yeap, god did it, leave it at that", imagine how world would end up if that was the thinking of all great minds that invented or questioned the church.

Well there you have it, constant research and findings. Today might be one, tomorrow with the new discovery something else that has pointed to the other stuff. "Smarter in some ways" well duh, do you need the knowledge of hunting and herb gathering in the modern world? no, you just take your american fat ass to the market and buy your shit. They were smarter in those other ways because they've depended on it. Okay, that's true we have pyramids built all over the world, but tell me, why weren't pyramids build as spheres? or maybe cubes? Because making that shape would be impossible to make with that technology they've had? Why don't ants make theyr anthills as a cube or sphere too? Making a pyramid is the most simple of all shapes, basically just a pile of rocks in some sense, neatly stacked. If the Giza pyramids were build in a day, than that would have been an act of something greater. Sometimes things are just as they look.

So you think that you are so smart that you can eat well enough to keep yourself alive for a thousand years or more? Boy are you deluded.

Cool

boy are you ignorant... You can't live for 1k years no matter how much you've led a healthy life, you can't live for half of that, for that matter.
What has today's economy to do with pyramids and a siht ton of workers building a pyramid over hundreds of years? Today society doesn't want to or need to spend time building a pile of rocks. They've not ahead of us, They were ahead of their time in some way. No, with today;s knowing of physics and tech we could build them easily but we don't need to, therefore we won't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8N0ePuF8

No, the world is at war non stop, just because we don't invade anymore with swords and spears killing everything on our way, doesn't mean that we aren't at war. There were a lot of economy collapses in the history of modern world and it doesn't affect the whole world as much as it can one particular country. Here's a fun fact for you: America isn't the whole world.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:52:43 PM

Cool

I only use the logic that I possess and make an easy and simple deduction that a six year old child can also do: Everything is built with manpower (and mind power), including the pyramids. By not specifically stating in previous post that basic ("primitive") technology were used, does not mean it's omitted - to the contrary, the ancient Egyptians did use the technology of their day and age at their disposal to construct the pyramids. No doubt in my mind. Dreams do become reality when you start to build by using what you've got.  Smiley

Of course children can sometimes make deductions like these. That's exactly what I am talking about. Continue to have the child-like fun in making these child-like deductions when nobody knows what the facts are. Even your dreams might become reality as you gradually learn to step beyond child-like logic and deducing.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 12:03:10 AM

@Badecker....

You have asked me twice now to show you the inconsistencies in your bible..... so here is a couple of very basic ones which I hope you are able to read without twisting the words to suit your own meaning.

Genesis 1:3-50 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14-19 14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Exodus 20:13 “You shall not murder.”

Leviticus 24:17 “Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death.”

There is 2 very simple ones.... should you wish for more I am sure I can find them.

Thanks. You need only one little thing. You need to express what you think the inconsistencies are.

Cool

Hmmm.... Saying "do not murder" and then saying.... "put to death". Pretty certain that is an inconsistency.

What part do you not agree with?
All religious tenets are contrary to common sense. They were invented in the ancient world, when people were uneducated. They could not logically refute these tenets, and those who doubted were killed.

Those who depend on common sense are forming it into a religion for themselves. Many times common sense is wrong. Since we are religious beings, let's find the best religion. Why? Because we will automatically have a religion in life. All people do. It's the way we are.

Cool

It's the way that people were back in time before the most common occurances have been explained, like thunder, earthquakes,etc.. that seemed like he work of gods. Today we know what the hell is happening and why, and not the religion has become obsolete.

LOL! So you think you or we know what is happening, eh? There was a report that just came out that the average age of Americans is down. In addition, there are still 3 or 4 nations of people who live longer than Americans on average. If we knew so much, we would have figured out how to live for a thousand years in good health.

Go ahead. Use your common sense to console yourself that we know so much. But sometime look at the reality that we know essentially nothing.

Consider. Modern science has been telling us that 10 thousand years ago people were humble hunter gatherers. Now we are digging up Gobekli Tepe that is showing us that 10,000 years ago people were possibly smarter than we are in some ways. And there are dozens of places around the world that would show the same, if they were examined archaeologically. We still don't know how they built the pyramids.

Laugh it up, fuzz ball, as society collapses around us because we are so smart with common sense.

Cool

Because most americans eat shit for meals, literally. I don't know if you're that stupid or what. What makes you think that that scenario is even possible for a person to live up to 1k years? I mean it can, but not with the regular biological human body. And as for the american life span, your nation is a fast food nation, no wonder you can't outlive a butterfly.

I am, and we as a humanity know siht, but people are still trying to learn more about this whole world and not  satisfy with the "yeap, god did it, leave it at that", imagine how world would end up if that was the thinking of all great minds that invented or questioned the church.

Well there you have it, constant research and findings. Today might be one, tomorrow with the new discovery something else that has pointed to the other stuff. "Smarter in some ways" well duh, do you need the knowledge of hunting and herb gathering in the modern world? no, you just take your american fat ass to the market and buy your shit. They were smarter in those other ways because they've depended on it. Okay, that's true we have pyramids built all over the world, but tell me, why weren't pyramids build as spheres? or maybe cubes? Because making that shape would be impossible to make with that technology they've had? Why don't ants make theyr anthills as a cube or sphere too? Making a pyramid is the most simple of all shapes, basically just a pile of rocks in some sense, neatly stacked. If the Giza pyramids were build in a day, than that would have been an act of something greater. Sometimes things are just as they look.

So you think that you are so smart that you can eat well enough to keep yourself alive for a thousand years or more? Boy are you deluded.

Cool

boy are you ignorant... You can't live for 1k years no matter how much you've led a healthy life, you can't live for half of that, for that matter.
Oh, no. That's only why some of the most intelligent minds continue to work on anti-aging technology. 'Cause they are looking for failure, intentionally, right? There are tons of researchers who would disagree with you.

What has today's economy to do with pyramids and a siht ton of workers building a pyramid over hundreds of years? Today society doesn't want to or need to spend time building a pile of rocks.
Just this. We couldn't do it, but they did it. Why couldn't we do it? Because there are not enough people who are willing to support this kind of a project, financially. Because of this, we can't do it, even though we might have the technology.

They've not ahead of us, They were ahead of their time in some way. No, with today;s knowing of physics and tech we could build them easily but we don't need to, therefore we won't.
Like I said, the physics capability is something that we probably have. The economy is something that we don't have. We couldn't do it. If we all got together and wanted to do it, it could be done. But that will never happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8N0ePuF8

No, the world is at war non stop, just because we don't invade anymore with swords and spears killing everything on our way, doesn't mean that we aren't at war. There were a lot of economy collapses in the history of modern world and it doesn't affect the whole world as much as it can one particular country. Here's a fun fact for you: America isn't the whole world.

What does this have to do with anything? Nobody in the world is going to take time out to build something as spectacular as the pyramids. No nation that is strong enough to do it ever will. In other words, we can't.

Cool

swastik384

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:20:51 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Atheists hate religion because the think there's no point or reason for following religion beliefs. If someone can get desirable thing only by worshiping then atheist live their whole life believing that it is stupid and insane. Also they hate insane culture and festival which makes them to hate religion. Isn't it?
canah17

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:27:55 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

In my own understanding its because Atheists don't really believe it God so the religion that worship God gets hated by the Atheists they will say that does who believe in God must be hated and stupid they only wasting their efforts just to go to heaven but its not real at all and i have a friend that is Atheists we always have a debate in religions beliefs and God because he always denies God he really haven't seen the truth yet and he also do not believe in the bible because its just human who created that human can make stories and stuff so he really don't believe in God and he really hate religions but when he sees the truth he will hate no more Smiley but we are still friends though and we play video games too Smiley but we debate sometimes Cheesy
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:04:15 AM

I engaged this delusional badecker character earlier in thread and now i see others are doing the same thing
though yawl seem to have a lot more well founded arguments,patience and tenacity than i ever could muster.
 Unless you folks just like going round in circles with this nutter you really are wasting your time.
He will never change his position no matter how much logic you throw at him.
 His whole life is posting on this thread endless religious god nonsensical  walls of screed/quote replys
to every poster that takes him on.He literally lives on this thread 24/7. I cant even plow thru half  of the endless
clusterfuck walls of quote he posts. and im quite sure no one else does either.
 None of his replys make a lick of sense and if he has no defense to
any given post proving him wrong he either ignores it or just spouts/repeats some silly drivel that science proves god exists.
He's like a broken record that never stops skipping.........

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:45:13 AM

For me it's quite simple really, they've managed to make behaviour which otherwise would be considered a violent crime, pathological lying and brainwashing acceptable because an invisible man in the sky that only they can see told them to do it. The only reason people get away with it is because of their religion, if someone who wasn't religious used the excuses used to commit crimes they would be declared clinically insane, but wait, the very problem we have here is that there are deeply religious people in power! So no wonder nothing every gets fucking done, they're naturally covering each others' backs.

Everything that your heart says is wrong, its wrong. Like you said your religion say you to "If one doesn't go to the Church on every Sunday, he is a sinner". its wrong because your heart did not believe on it. Because NO one religion bound you to pray. There are out comes if you dont pray, but not the boundness.

Don't forget that they've made a contradictive statement about that for centuries, they say God is everywhere, so why the fuck do they need a Church?

God is everywhere, even in the cemetery, in the toilet, everywhere without exception. Churches, mosques and others are just a place created specifically for worship and pray that people have a clear objective to worship together. Because if there is no special place, it will be difficult to gather a lot of people to worship and pray together. But it does not mean worship and prayer must be done in a church or mosque, prayer and worship can be done anywhere.

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:12:01 AM

God is everywhere even...in the toilet, everywhere without exception. Churches, mosques and others are just a place created specifically for worship and pray that people have a clear objective to worship together. Because if there is no special place, it will be difficult to gather a lot of people to worship and pray together. But it does not mean worship and prayer must be done in a church or mosque, prayer and worship can be done anywhere.

Wow.   Undecided

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:17:28 PM

Atheists hate religion because the think there's no point or reason for following religion beliefs. If someone can get desirable thing only by worshiping then atheist live their whole life believing that it is stupid and insane. Also they hate insane culture and festival which makes them to hate religion. Isn't it?

Atheism is religion, as proven by the complete definition of religion, and the fact that atheists are forward enough in their atheism to strongly talk about it. Atheists dogmatize their atheism religion when they do this.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:57:22 PM

Atheism is religion, as proven by the complete definition of religion, and the fact that atheists are forward enough in their atheism to strongly talk about it. Atheists dogmatize their atheism religion when they do this.

Cool

Not playing sport is not sport.

Might be true for sports. But it isn't if you make it a sport to not play sports.

The difference is that religion is in everyone by the nature of people. The "sports" analogy doesn't fit atheism or theism.

Cool

ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:55:53 AM

Atheists hate God because they want to live in sin.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:06:06 AM

Cool

Not playing sport is not sport.

Might be true for sports. But it isn't if you make it a sport to not play sports.

The difference is that religion is in everyone by the nature of people. The "sports" analogy doesn't fit atheism or theism.

Cool

That is just not true.  I can see through the religious bullshit.  No matter which religion it is.

By nature, I am a scientist.  I love to learn and investigate.  That is my nature, not to believe some fairy tales.

You my friend have a perception problem.  You see God and angels everywhere.

So, science is a great part of your religion. Just because every last little nuance of the word "religion" doesn't fit you and your religion, some of it does, and makes your life a religious life. From Dictionary.com at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.

Idioms
9. get religion, Informal.

to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
    to resolve to mend one's errant ways:
    The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

Cool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:49:11 PM

Ah yes, you're absolutely right, thread closed.

or maybe is it because we don't believe in worldwide scams and fairy tales. Why don't you believe in santa? Because your parent told you that he isn't true? Dude, cmon....

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:27:18 PM

Ah yes, you're absolutely right, thread closed.

or maybe is it because we don't believe in worldwide scams and fairy tales. Why don't you believe in santa? Because your parent told you that he isn't true? Dude, cmon....

Are you ever going to be able to look beyond the end of your nose?

Cool

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:27:10 PM

Maybe they hate it because religion is the grandest scheme ever devised by the powers [that have been Grin] to make stupendous amounts of easy-as-pie-profits and at the same time keep the population at bay and much more controllable than would otherwise have been the case. The case however, as I see it, is changing rapidly. Grin

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:59:47 PM

Maybe they hate it because religion is the grandest scheme ever devised by the powers [that have been Grin] to make stupendous amounts of easy-as-pie-profits and at the same time keep the population at bay and much more controllable than would otherwise have been the case. The case however, as I see it, is changing rapidly. Grin

The only reason that the religion "scheme" works is because people are religious-type beings.

The case isn't changing. Only the popularity of religions is changing. Humanism is a very real religion.

Cool

dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:59:02 PM

The only reason that the religion "scheme" works is because people are religious-type beings.

The case isn't changing. Only the popularity of religions is changing. Humanism is a very real religion.

Cool

Be as it may BADecker, I give my vote to Humanism and think of it no less than Theism. In fact I would like to call Humanism Theism, or for those who struggle to grasp the sheer grandness of the concept, how bout maybe naming it something like TheHumaism for instance, so peeps can more fully understand the overwhelming connection at play here.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:13:32 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 12:45:55 PM by BADecker

Cool

Be as it may BADecker, I give my vote to Humanism and think of it no less than Theism. In fact I would like to call Humanism Theism, or for those who struggle to grasp the sheer grandness of the concept, how bout maybe naming it something like TheHumaism for instance, so peeps can more fully understand the overwhelming connection at play here.

There is a little slice of the Humanism pie that is favorable. It is the slice of selfishness that seeks your own best benefit by helping others. You know, if you do good to others, mostly they will do good to you in return.

And there is a little slice of the selfishness pie that is beneficial. It is the slice that you get by selfishly accepting Jesus salvation so that you are saved for eternal life in joy.

And there is even a little slice of this slice that is fantastically beneficial. Jesus-God, and God His Father, planned for the salvation of as many people as possible. Then, Jesus died a painful death, taking the punishment for the sins of the who world, so that all people would have the option of being saved.

Now, think about this. Since God is Almighty, what good benefit will He do for you through all eternity in Heaven, if you help to get a few people saved? I mean, He worked very hard at it. Don't you think He will reward you through all eternity if you help Him? Yes, for that He will reward you eternally in wondrous splendor.

So, go ahead and be humanistic. But get yourself into the right slice of the selfishness slice of humanism - for selfish reasons, of course - so you can be rewarded eternally, and so God can get the thing that He wants... salvation for more people.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: